How to use Dusknoir in DPP OU [10 years playing Competitive Pokemon]

THIS IS VERY MESSY, MORE OF JUST SOME THOUGHTS AND NOTES I HAVE AND THOUGHT I'D SHARE WITH ANYONE WANTING TO LEARN DPP OU, YOU CAN BE VERY SUCCESSFUL AND NOT USE THE MOST COMMON POKEMON, JUST NEED SOUND KNOWLEDGE AND GOOD MANIPULATION SKILLS.

Alright, so I have been using the team I am about to share for a good 3 months now and last I bothered to record, it was 46-4 (majority of games against established players not only ladder). One thing I have to blurt out is that stall is fuc**** dead at the moment, not that it isnt good anymore but not many people use it aside from BKC (when does that character ever conform to the current dpp trends) and a few others. I took advantage of the current metagame, which has inclined alot more towards balance/not super fragile offense.

Game plan: In DPP OU, you must have a game plan that you would like to execute in "an ideal match". Having this saves you the trouble of having to think much during a game if you are lazy like me.

Obviously, I lead with Metagross as I have no choice...duh.

What amazes me about metagross is its ability to lure out

a) Skarmory
b) Ghost types
c) Bronzong

Getting a bit of damage on the former mon is nice especially since alot of Skarmory are sp.def which means Gyara just mauls it lol.

My tactic vs common offense is:

Metagross

Rocks if they are using a steel type
Mash if they are leading frail ass mofos: Azelf / Aerodactyl / Frosass/ Rade etc.

They let it die if theyre smart as switching on a potentially sashed gross is a gross mistake almost always unless you know what you're doing then yeah...

I proceed to finish their lead mon with BP

The field is now 6-5 to me and they have their rock up.

They go to something which can ohko me, but i live with sash and then get my own rocks IF:

Their current pokemon is not scarfed and can be ohkoed in return by DUGGY AND is something scizor cant set up on. If it is something scizor can set up on, then i leave as revealing duggy means their fire type will stay hidden and good players will smell scizor's metallic odour a mile away.

If it is a fire i let it kill metagross as i rocks then i revenge with duggy, they now bring their water type almost always or dragonite in which i can hit with edge or toxic their cune blah blah blah.

Jirachi then finishes the job but i revealed a special move so they might think im special so bring ttar or wow gar or their own fat rachi or w.e. Ttar i just stay in and iron head spam if theyre scarfed eq i can just bring gyra. This is the funniest part: alot of offense relies on rotom-H/W or rachi as theyre primary scarfer so gyra just nukes them and after rocks rotom-w cant switch back in provided it isnt the stupid kinda fAT august set.

Sometimes people bring kingdra on duggy/jirachi but i just spam pyschic since if it is DD, i live a hit and force it to rest and then its in gyra range and gyra lives a hit OR dusknoir lives easily a +1 outrage and eq does a decent junk so i get to 2hko after rachis pyschic.

Hmmm, why dont I make dusknoir super slow to beat tr...thing is i got tbolt on rachi which always paralyzes. this means if i paralyze a +1 dragonite and my gyra is dead i only got dusknoir to ohko it with Ice Punch. This means Ill keep enough to outpace paralysed dragonite AND Scarf base +ve 100s.

The Team

ANDRE 3000 (Metagross) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Meteor Mash
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

BIGGIE (Dusknoir) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch
- Shadow Sneak
- Earthquake

KANYE WEST (Dugtrio) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge
- Toxic

STORM (Jirachi) @ Occa Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Psychic
- Iron Head

TUPAC (Gyarados) @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 228 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Sleep Talk
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

EMINEM (Scizor) @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Atk / 44 Def / 140 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost

IMPORTABLE

https://pastebin.com/f2F45dTY

I have a ton of replays for you to watch if you care to but this team flows really nice.

Scizor has enough to set up on the common pathetic starmie variants and lives 2 hydros after rocks.

DPP OU has honestly been the best thing in Pokemon that I have played and I honestly will treasure every single player who has helped me get better and who has sparred with me on numerous occassions, from the 6 year clashes with Kevin cronin BKC to fighting with smurfer (lol stop stealing my teams dumbass) to playing smogtours regulars like kingler12345678, foggi, reshirampage, obii, sunnyoras, floppy, blarajan, blightbringer etc.
MDragon, tamahome and fakes were honestly big time opponents and sometimes we'd play 10-20 games in a row lol super fun!

Last but not least, Babidi1998, a.k.a heist a.ka. the best dpper of all time imo, this guy inspired me to really try to get better and i think hes probably the most underrated player on smogon.

Badabing is a demon who just doesnt give a f&*, total boss and knows how to tame the dpp ladder anyday. If only this man was serious lol

Husk and Bryan (gouki) good fights as well u old farts :)

Jackal ull never read this but i surpassed u in rby bro, i legit went 100 games without using tauros ONCE.

Xtrashine and laurel: we met 10 years ago and man was it a blast to know you both lol, take care of yourself you goofsssss

I been playing for so long on smogon, never won a trophy nor accomplished anything big but to be honest, it was a nice experience despite the few incidents lol thanks everyone for the good memories

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
nigga is this like a goodbye post mang

dusknoir has always been terribly underappreciated though

pasy_g

Banned deucer.
Bitch where u goin

Btw i always laugh so hard when i play some random pastebin dpp team and can instantly tell its yours, when i see those beast nicknames lmao

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)