SM Doubles OU Hyper offensive doubles rain team

This is my hyper offensive rain team made for the doubles tier i once reached 1200 in rankings when using this team.
Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 212 SpA
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Hydro Pump
- Protect
- U-turn

Pelipper is my main rain setter and the most important team member of this rain team. Hurricane takes care of the grass types that are dangerous to Golduck who is a pure water type
and is probably one of the greatest moves of my pelipper. Hydro Pump gets Boosted in the rain and becomes extremely powerful especially against bulky steel types like metagross and ceelesteela. U turn makes it so i am able to switch out safely without getting hurt this can be really good if the opponent switches in something that can potentieally ko pelipper like tapu koko. Protect is a staple move in doubles and makes sure i can Protect pelipper from attacks and super effektive attacks from electric type attacks and rock type attacks.

252 HP EVs make sure pelipper can take those hits better and because bulk is an important thing to have in double battles i chose maxed HP EVs. Maxed special attack EVs makes it so that the special attacks of pelipper hit as hard as possible
The remaining EVs are put in the defense EVs of pelipper.

Kartana @ Focus Sash
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Detect
- Leaf Blade

Kartana is part 1 of my dragon steel fairy core and is an important member of my rain team
because of the rain one of the only weaknesses of kartana fire type attacks are weakened which makes this pokemon fit well on a rain team.

Focus Sash makes sure this pokemon is guaranteed to get of an attack even if hit by a fighting move which would ko kartana under normal circumstances .
Smart Strike is used to deal with ice type pokemon who can ko garchomp because of the dragon typing and can also be used to deal with fairy types that are weak to steel type moves.
Beast Boost makes it so that whenever kartana knocks out a pokemon it's attack gets Boosted which is pretty scary because kartana already has an extremely high Base attack
because of this a kartana that does this can very quickly become a major threat to the opposing team because of the Boosted attack.

Detect is important to have to Protect it from special attacks which will hurt kartana badly because of kartana's horrible special defenses
and super effective special hits.

Garchomp-Mega @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Aqua Tail
- Poison Jab
- Protect
Garchomp is part 2 of the dragon fairy steel type core on this team and goes hand in hand with pelipper because garchomp is able to deal with both electric types and rock types that are dangerous to pelipper and it can also deal with most Poison types which are a major threat to tapu koko.

Maxed attack EVs combined its mega evolution makes sure mega garchomp hits like a truck.

Earthquake is used to ko electric types and rock types that can ko pelipper very easily and Poison type pokemon that can destroy tapu koko.

Aqua Tail is used to take advantage of the rain which is going to make it hit hard in the rain combined with the massive attack of mega garchomp.

Poison Jab is a neccesary move to have on garchomp with the huge popularity of the tapus and fairy type pokemon in general. Protect is used to Protect Garchomp from predicted super effective hits such as ice type and fairy type moves.
Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Brave Bird
- Thunder
- Protect
- Nature's Madness
Tapu Koko is one of the speediest pokemon in the gen 7 metagame right now and is the third and final member of the steel fairy dragon core.
Brave Bird is the only move of tapu koko that actually makes use of its Great Base attack it is a priority move and is Great for picking of weakened pokemon. Thunder hits 100 percent of the time in the rain and is also Boosted in the rain which makes tapu koko a Great pokemon to have on any rain team. Nature's Madness is used to stop opposing dragon type pokemon that threathen garchomp and deal most fighting type pokemon that can ko kartana.
Because tapu koko is a frail pokemon defensively and to Protect from predicted attacks i am going to use Protect.
Azelf @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Taunt
- Protect
Azelf is my suicide lead and has maxed attack EVs to hit as hard as possible when using explosion
azelf is a very fast pokemon so i maxed out it's speed IVs to make sure it can out speed a lot of pokemon which is important to have on a hyper offensive team.
Taunt combined with Encore from Golduck is a Great move to have when dealing with trick room which is always a problem for more offensive teams like rain teams.
Stealth Rock is my entry hazard of choice for azelf and is guaranteed to set it up because of the focus sash. stealth rock is important to have on hyper offensive teams because it will hurt most pokemon who Come in this in turn can make it easier to sweep.
Stealth Rock also really hurt fire type pokemon and flying type pokemon because they are both weak to rock type moves. Once stealth rock has been set up or if Golduck would get taunted Golduck can use explode and rip up holes on the enemy team which can open ways for a sweep. Protect is used to preserve the Focus Sash and scout for super effective moves and can make me more prepared for what the opponent has to offer.

Golduck @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Encore
- Scald
Golduck is the main Swift Swim user on this rain team. Golduck uses choice specs combined with the maxed special attacks EVs and Swift Swim to hit incredibly hard. Hydro Pump is the main attack of Golduck and hits like a truck in rain because rain combined with Swift Swim makes water type moves like Hydro Pump and Scald hit really hard in the rain
252 speed IVs are neccesary because of Swift Swim and makes this pokemon quite fast under the rain.

Scald is used to hurt pokemon that are weak to fire and is a Great move to use on steel types and bulky pokemon with good defenses because there is a risk Scald will burna the opponent. Encore makes it so that the opponent can only use the move that was used last this combined with taunt from azelf can be really handy when dealing with trick room.
Ice Beam is used to ko grass types that can 1 hit ko Golduck and is an important move to have
This move is also used to take care of those pesky dragon types. This is honestly not a bad team although it has several weaknesses such as intimidate trick room opposing weather like sun and sandstorm teams.

In Azelf section you said
"Once stealth rock has been set up or if Golduck would get taunted Golduck can use explode and rip up holes on the enemy team which can open ways for a sweep."
I guess you meant Azelf.
And it doesn't only have real weakness against sandstorm, sun or hail teams, if someone removes the weather or your Pelipper dies early by any way, there are no second Pokémon in your team to set the rain back. You might want to work on that.
And I think you might want to use a wall-based hazard setter instead of a Kamekazi Azelf as most of your Pokémon in the team has little to no hit-absorbing capabilities. And if you rule that Explosion out, you won't have to give 4 of your Pokémon Protect or Detect and you'll have one move slot open for another worthy move. Like Tapu Koko could really use a Roost or two after KO-ing a Mega Venusaur with Brave Bird.
And I see no Priority move. You know when the circumstances match, a single priority move decides the tide of the match. So give priority moves to some Pokémon.
But overall the team looks really promising. I would like to use it and see how it goes. Than you for reading this review all the way here!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)