If Pokemon games had "callouts" what would they be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw Rocky Horror at my college a few months ago, and for those who don’t know: A lot of colleges in the US have their theater groups reenact scenes from the 1975 film “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” with the original film in the background, but these screenings usually involve callbacks that the audience members are supposed to yell out in response to lines from the film. I was wondering if Pokémon games (or other Pokémon media, such as well known anime episodes) could have something similar.
Considering a Pokémon game is designed to be appropriate for children, the callbacks would probably just be foreshadowing what happens later in the game, making fun of the characters and parodying Pokémon as a whole, and not inappropriate like most of the Rocky callbacks.
A Playbill article gave examples of some famous callbacks, these are some of the ones that would make sense to Pokémon (READ: relatively SFW)
Describe XXXXX!
FRANK: A weakling weighing ninety-eight pounds…
That’s two XXXXX!”
will get sand in his face.
Frank, whose pool is this and tell us thirteen times!
FRANK: My, my, my, my, my, my. My, my, my, my, my, my, my!”
Context: There’s a pool onstage because, why not? The original asked a six-year-old to design a house and that’s what he made up: a castle with a theatre and a pool onstage.

The first thing that comes to mind for me is that apparently in some theater screenings of "The Room" the audience throws plastic spoons at the screen whenever bizarre background "art" is in frame with said utensils in them.

As for Pokemon, I guess the first thing would be identifying what some of the big "moments" of the various pieces of Media are to be referenced or acknowledged. My first thought as a Smogon-brained player is chanting "VGC, VGC" akin to the EDF chant whenever a major competitive Pokemon appears like Incineroar or a member of CHALK.

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
I'm only saying this because I just recently tried starting a conversation with one of the moderators about this, but for both of our sake I wouldn't want either of us or anyone else to get in trouble for making threads like this. This feels like it's somewhat bordering on wishlisting, and while I normally wouldn't try and be a rules freak like this, I've ignorantly made enough of these kinds of threads to where I'd imagine it's probably gotten on the moderators' nerves by now, if I'm being honest.

Thankfully, there does seem to be a pretty simple solution to this. I'm not one of them, but at least me it seems like this could be adjusted somewhat instead of reported or locked. As much as we all enjoy discussions around "What if?" style content, I feel like the best compromise here would be to adjust this thread from a "What if?" style to more of "Callouts that already exist", if that makes sense.

I really really do apologize for this message. You seem like a pretty chill person and I wouldn't want you getting this locked for the same reason I've had threads locked before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)