Influencers Boxing (A Discussion)

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
is a Contributor to Smogon
Recently I've bought into the boxing hype due to all the influencers wanting to box each other. I myself am not a fan of boxing as I'd rather watch UFC or MMA as I love grappling and Jujitsu. Boxing is too boring for me to enjoy.

With that being said I do not appreciate all the bad publicity the sport is getting because of people hating these influencers. While yes its a cash grab for the pay-per-view money I think there's some courage that goes into it. These kids take the risk of being clowned on by the internet if they lose their match.

I watched the Ben Asked fight, which was not worth the money due to Tiller sucking at producing a coherent event. I skipped the Jake Paul Mayweather fight and instead just watched it on YouTube after it came out and I was dissatisfied. However, when I watched the Tiktok V YouTuber fight I actually enjoyed the event.

Faze Jarvis had a great fight and it clearly showed that his training paid off. He was prepared and didn't take the sport lightly. He actually gave a shit and it wasn't all money for him. I respect some of these kids for doing this and I respect them even more for helping revive the sport of Boxing.

In this thread I want your take on the current boxing situation as more and more of these influencers try the sport out.

Side note: Seeing DJ Khalid realize how empty and boring the arena was during his live performance was worth the $50 alone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)