Metagame Insight on Machoke's Suspection PU (Special Thanks to the PU Room in Pokemon Showodown!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys! This is my first thread here and I'm really interested in the newest suspection, Machoke . There are no pics becyz I have no idea what to do XD Special thanks to the PU room in pokemon Showdown ! And the thread for info
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/np-pu-stage-8-born-under-punches-suspect-test-inside.3575837/

In short, let's start!

Machoke can hit like a truck and tank like a... Tank?? The Fighting type in PU is actually a very strong type to use as most of the pokes have knock off, which is something good since there are so many evioliters running around in the metagame. Machoke also have flaws as well tho. Machoke defensive set, which is decent I guess. Is lackluster in power but it works in a very good way if used correctly

Defensive Machoke (You can see the moveset in the thread I pasted as well)

Machoke @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 140 Def / 120 SpD
Impish Nature
- Dynamicpunch
- Knock Off
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Machoke's defensive set is pretty good with no guard dynapunch with rest and sleep talk. Knock off can be used for hitting off other tanks and ghost types. But as I said, it lacks in raw power and knock off can slowly wither it down. Rest and sleeptalk also depends on luck as well. No guard can guarantee a no miss hit, but it can also be used against itself as well. A hurricane can wither it down too.

Machoke @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Def / 28 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dynamicpunch
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Thunder Punch / Ice Punch

Machoke can also use a offensive set as well with the same eviolite no guard dynapunch set as well. It can pressure pokes with dynapunch. It has the same problem with the defensive set . The offensive set is much easier to defeat as it does not have rest and will o wisp can whittle it down to extinction.

Machoke @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Def / 28 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch / Bulk Up
- Thunder Punch / Ice Punch

Lastly, the guts set is a very good set to attract will o wispers and get hit twice the damage. But the problem us that Machoke needs to sacrifice dynapunch for close combat and close combat whittles it's def and sp. Def, which is very disastrous for it.

At the end, Machoke is a very strong poke with just a few counters and have a amazing type .
Even I could not decide whether to ban it or not. But I hooe upon reading this can let you understand why Machoke's a suspect in PU. Again I would like to thank the PU room in pokemon Showdown! And all thw threads I read for the past hour. Thank you for reading this .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)