SM Ubers It's a Wash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh boy, another balance team. I basically wanted to build around defensive POgre.

Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
- Earthquake

Ogre is fat. Fat enough to eat one hit from basically anything and slap back with a chance to burn. Max Bold allows us to infinitely rest on most Marshadow while still having more than enough SpDef to handle scarf Xern and MMY. Other POgres are a pain due to a lack of Thunder.

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Solganium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Moonlight

Mandatory Xerneas check. Gets up rocks, absorbs toxics, and takes a surprise kill pretty often with Z-Sunsteel. Also handles Arceus-Water and gets free turns on Mag.

Arceus-Dark @ Dread Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Refresh

The main win condition. After a CM it beats Arceus-Fairy, and after 2 it beats non-geo Xern. It's also nice to not lose to LO Yveltal every game.

Marshadow @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak
- Spectral Thief
- Ice Punch

You can't have a balance core that loses to E-Killer, so mandatory check number 2. Ice Punch lets us predict Yveltal switchins. When there's no E-Killer this tends to just get sacced off for a good pair of hits.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Pain Split
- Defog
- Foul Play
- Toxic

This fucking guy. Looks like a joke in teambuilder, but hard walls most Groudon sets, Mence and Ho-oh, and is a softer check to offensive Dusk Mane, Rayquaza and Metagross. There's always at least something you can defog or toxic on for free, and pain split lets us last a little longer than your average Giratina.

Tapu Koko @ Leftovers
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Volt Switch
- Roost
- Toxic

This slots changed around a lot, but this was the final version. It's surprisingly good at walling against balance, able to completely blank Smeargle webs, and pivots around on the various flying types, or getting free toxics on switchins to Groudon or Groundceus.

Team struggles with Marshadow, if anyone has a better suggestion than Koko to handle that while meaning I don't lose on preview to Webs+Taunt that would be helpful.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)