SM LC La Squadra di Esecuzione (FightingSpam)

Ghiaccio (Vulpix-Alola) @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
Level: 5
EVs: 52 HP / 200 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
Aurora Veil

Blizzard

Freeze-Dry

Hidden Power [Ground]

Alolan Vulpix is the most reliable user of Aurora Veil in the tier, being reasonably fast and blessed with Snow Warning, allowing it to set up on it's first turn if allowed and throw out 100% accuracy Blizzards semi-freely. Freeze-Dry and HP Ground form a combo that gives perfect coverage and can punch holes in a solid portion of the metagame.

Illuso (Vullaby) @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Atk / 76 SpD / 116 Spe
Jolly Nature
Brave Bird

Knock Off

Roost

Defog

Vullaby is a great support mon for the team, if not only to keep Vulpix alive and well by keeping hazards off of the field with defog. Brave Bird deals good damage despite Vullaby's mediocre Attack, and Knock Off cripples most threats in the metagame. Roost keeps Vullaby healthy, although it's VERY tanky behind Aurora Veil, even with a more offensive EV spread.

Melone (Croagunk) @ Eviolite
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 52 HP / 116 Def / 188 SpA / 116 SpD / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
Nasty Plot

Sludge Bomb

Focus Blast

Vacuum Wave

Croagunk fits incredibly well behind Aurora Veil, and can almost always get off a Nasty Plot or two, especially if brought in against it's checks. It functions as a stellar mid to late game sweeper because of it's great sheer damage output after a boost against everything that doesn't resist it, namely Ghosts and other Poison types, but those types are pretty well covered by Pawniard and Onix. Priority in Vaccum Wave is always nice, as well as STAB from Sludge Bomb and Focus Blast. (although I rarely use Focus Blast because of it's horrible accuracy)

Formaggio (Onix) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
Stealth Rock

Rock Blast

Earthquake

Taunt

Onix, as well as being the best Stealth Rock setter in the tier, has also been really good at finishing off weakened teams. Taunt stops any setup before it happens, which is especially useful against sweepers, while Rock Blast and Earthquake are very solid STAB attacks, with Rock Blast even able to break past Focus Sash while outspeeding a decent amount of threats to the team.

Prosciutto (Mienfoo) @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 76 Atk / 196 Def / 196 SpD
Adamant Nature
Drain Punch

U-turn

Knock Off

High Jump Kick

Mienfoo is an amazing pivot in the LC metagame. Regenerator and Drain Punch work wonders as recovery and as a decently powerful STAB attack. Knock Off is essential for taking care of Eviolite and Berry Juice users so this team has an easier time breaking through them. If it lands, High Jump Kick is a ridiculously powerful STAB attack with a now mediocre risk because of Regenerator.

Risotto (Pawniard) @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
Knock Off

Sucker Punch

Iron Head

Brick Break

Pawniard is a very potent offensive powerhouse, and a defining threat in LC. You can never have enough Knock Off, especially when Pawniard dishes out the strongest one in the tier. Sucker Punch takes out a lot of faster opponents before they attack. Iron Head is great STAB and has a nice chance to flinch. Brick Break rounds off Pawniard's coverage nicely, taking out the only Pokemon to resist it's STAB, Houndour, Carvanha, and other Pawniard.

Ghiaccio (Vulpix-Alola) @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 52 HP / 200 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Aurora Veil
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Illuso (Vullaby) @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Atk / 76 SpD / 116 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Defog

Melone (Croagunk) @ Eviolite
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 52 HP / 116 Def / 188 SpA / 116 SpD / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast
- Vacuum Wave

Formaggio (Onix) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Prosciutto (Mienfoo) @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 Atk / 196 Def / 196 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick

Risotto (Pawniard) @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock

fran17

(1999)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello that's a really nice team, it's well built and can check a large portion of the meta, I just have some doubts on your matchup againist Fairy-types, especially if the veil isn't up. To patch up a bit this weakness I was thinking to change the Pawniard's item to Berry Juice, so you can have some more longevity. I'd also change Brick Break with Swords Dance to benefit more of the veil, and you already have Gunk and Foo as Dark checks!
I hope this will help you :) Good luck with your team!

hey there. I particularly like this team but more for the mons themselves, as I think it shows some wide weaknesses in the current meta. I think you are relying on the veil too much. Croagunk, Pawniard and Mienfoo are weak to Doduo and setted up NP Vullaby kills the three of them and Onix with HP grass (which is becoming more common). Abra OHKOs four members and really hurts Vullaby. Onix too kills Croagunk and Vullaby and is a problem for Vulpix and Onix. I'm talking without much experience on damage calculations under Aurora Veil but I think this should be your job. Even if you set the veil, I'm not sure this mons help you keep momentum with all those common weaknesses.
Now, about some particular sets. About Vullaby, I think that the defensive set (with more evs on sp def for abra) would grant him a longer life during the game, allowing him to survive more hits (granting him the possibility to roost) and rocks. About Croagunk, I would go with Shadow Ball over Focus Blast. I personally don't like relying on low accuracy moves but, more than that, like this you are walled by Pumpkaboo and checked by Gastly. You can switch, but doing so you lose important turns of Aurora Veil.
Many of my considerations are based on my personal experience without the screen, as I'm not much expert about Vulpix, but even so I think that the team needs some variations. I would like to suggest some substitutes but I don't really have much time to rate, so I hope these few suggestions can help.
Lastly, omg the Nero character from Vento Aureo fits so well with Pawniard! I'm really triggered when I find these matchups! Btw, are you italian or just a Jojo fan?

Thanks for the input! I'll be sure to test this out and see what works.

Also, I'm not Italian, I just really like JoJo. I've actually made 3 other JoJo themed RMTs in SM OU. This is actually my first LC RMT and with this team I'm only at around 1150 on the ladder. I usually post teams like this if I'm planning to use them for a while and need help seeing what fits.

First thing that stuck out to me is croagunk, run sludge wave over sludge bomb and get a bit more power. Don't change out the other moves. I would also run berry juice in the np gunk set instead of eviolite. I think the sets slightly different I'll add it to the list in the morning but I'm doing this on mobile at 1am so I'm working off of memory.

Your mienfoo set either needs to be 17 speed if your trying to be offensive or and I'd suggest running the bulky 13 speed pivot set
Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 156 HP / 116 Def / 196 SpD
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Fake Out / High Jump Kick / Acrobatics

(I'd go with fake out since you're kinda weak to np vull)

You have viels but you don't really have a good abuser. The other mons make a solid team but vulpix-a doesn't seem to be doing a lot. Id go with elekid here. It gives you nice speed control which you lack and also a solid lead and fast pivot. Elekid's coverage hits a lot of the meta hard just like avulpix's blizzards and freeze drys so I think you'll enjoy it

Elekid @ Life Orb
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 240 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Hidden Power Grass

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)