Tournament LCPL 6 - Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fille

Afk
is a Pre-Contributor
LCPL Champion

I'm a random apparently but gon do some predictions I guess?
Gonefroggin.com Froakies vs Snivy Subterfuge
SM: Vubon vs Hilomilo Slept on af
SM: Kenzo vs Finchinator Strong player overall
SM: ZoroDark vs Altariel von Sweep I'd vote Zoro in any other matchup but AVS voice is too magnificent
SM:The Quasar vs Gummysaur Prove me wrong Gummy?
XY: blarajan vs slurmz I've never seen Blarajan play, but I've seen Slurmz
XY: Kushalos vs rssp1 Praise
BW: Quote vs tcr Everyone are talking about famous quotes n shit so yk
DPP: Kumiho vs Mambo Whothey?

The Belchsprouts vs Guerrilla Goletts
SM: 067jox vs Dundies - idk what timezone dundies is but i always like to imagine him as an australian befriending crocodiles in a timothy treadwell kinda way
SM: Serene's Grace vs Poek - i mean even if i wasnt picking all for my team i would still pick against the other dude because i think that's a terrible username
SM: Confide vs Fille - fille is like jox but sober, probably a downgrade from the original tbh
SM: AD Thunderboy vs Eternal Spirit - u put AD at the end and u only do it after numbers, dumbass - inf, 2k17 AD
XY: Star vs PD - we see here a great contrast in names, with one ("star") ethereal and figurative while the other ("purpledoosh") is sickeningly mundane. by picking for pd, i am reminding you all to appreciate the beauty of the suffering everyman as in such films as rome open city.
XY: Kingler12345 vs Real FV13 - cancer12345?
BW: Kaboom vs Rowan - rmr when aipom ARMY shoulda won splc
DPP: TheFenderStory vs HSOWA - i like to imagine fender as a gangly, cowboy hat-wearing, stoner who plays the guitar alone in his room at night to himself

SM: Vubon vs Hilomilo - ay dats my boy
SM: Kenzo vs Finchinator - peter finch and heath ledger are the only two actors to win posthumous academy awards (james dean was nominated twice posthumously for east of eden (1955) and giant (1956) but did not win); both were also australian and notoriously fond of japanese slippers.
SM: ZoroDark vs Altariel von Sweep - get a better name fam.
SM: The Quasar vs Gummysaur - use skitty pass i dare u
XY: blarajan vs slurmz - dude
XY: Kushalos vs rssp1 - nerd
BW: Quote vs tcr - weeb
DPP: Kumiho vs Mambo - stoner

Lit af Litleos vs The Crystal Onix
SM: ggggd vs Lax - +def, -spdef. YUCK!
SM: miltankmilk vs rozes - what if rozes is actually a girl pretending to be a guy pretending to be a girl on the internet.
SM: OP vs KratosMana - gosh golly i was gonna write something nasty but then i realized that op is a human being too and it would really hurt his feelings im sorry op
SM: Zebraiken vs Ice Tea - ngl dude never had ice tea but i had a tasty ass cup of peppermint tea before i sat down to educate u fools
XY: Nintendi vs teal6 - the other dudes name is really strange and i dont know how it makes me feel
XY: trash vs -Tsunami- - bullshit thats fake
BW: GOAO vs FLCL - i am disappointed GOAO is not on the gonefroggin.com froakies team because i like to imagine that a frog, or toad, if sufficiently frightened, would shriek "GOAO!" while furiously hopping away
DPP: fitzy72 vs Heysup - is fitzy 72 years old if so how come hes been fitzy72 for like a decade is he like benjamin button but like he just doesnt age

Stunting Stunkys vs Waterless Wynauts
SM: Christo vs Tricking - flipped a coin which is gonna be what this match is with all the luck lol
SM: SamVGC vs majaspic22 - can the sams all just collectively change their names to something cooler like vapetitanVGC and vapetitan-testings i mean what is it about the name sam that makes people so bland??
SM: obii vs HT - i really find something interesting about the shape of both of these names; the curves of obii are rather soothing while the sharp angles of HT suggest authoritarianism and bureaucracy.
SM: fatty vs Fiend - sometimes people call me a fiend when i steal their heroin but really i just like stealing shit from hobos
XY: Pearl vs TraceofLife - i remember that one time i hosted the reqs tour i think for floon suspect pearl liked all of my posts and it made me feel joyous
XY: absdaddy vs Akashi - cool dude; gave me some very good advice once: dont change positions on speed because u lose ur boner if u dont do it in like 3 seconds
BW: TUO vs Void - see, TUO is really an interesting name because look at it: TUO tuo both are very A E S T H E T I C. i approve!
DPP: Nails vs idiotfrommars - isnt this the dude who had the houndoom avatar and went AWOO at the end of every post

Losing ... really does say something about who you are. Among other things it measures are: do you blame hax, or do you own the loss? Do you analyze your failure, or just complain about bad luck? If you're willing to examine failure, and to look not just at your outward performance, but your internal workings, too, losing can be valuable. How you behave in those moments can perhaps be more self-defining than winning could ever be. Sometimes losing shows you for who you really are.

Losing is only temporary and not all encompassing. You must simply study it, learn from it, and try hard not to lose the same way again. Then you must have the self-control to forget about it.

In our hearts you're the real winner 067jox, so keep your head up and don't forget if you learn from a loss you have not lost. Get em next time bro!

Poek

squadala
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Official Ladder Tournamentis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
errythig 1k

INTRODUCTION:
Week 1 is upon us everyone. After weeks of angst, manager-flaming, preening, secret fear, hastily-assembled draft plans, and jokes, 64 users enter the field of lc combat, risking public humiliation in pursuit of pokevalor. the teams as assembled each have their own story. macle, tired of getting shit on for drafting random users who were his friends, decided to mix it up by acquiring 12 random users he is in no way chummy or friendly with. Jac, fresh off an ignominious playoff defeat via 4 activity losses, decided to bolster his activity defenses by drafting two dozen users with minimal lc training to serve as cannon fodder - perhaps Hilomilo's blown-off arm will end up smacking starmaster in the face. Speaking of Melvin, the boy is back on the team of defending lc manager champion Levi , whose team boasts three Indian users to fix Fender's computer as he DDOS attacks his foes. With jox drinking pre-, mid- and post-game, confide recently taking up marijuana, and starmaster and kaboom needing valium prescriptions, this team promises to be one of the most heavily altered ones in the PL, though a formidable one if they can stumble to their computer chairs at the designated time. OP is known for his careful, methodical, well-determined style of play, which is what gives me confidence in a draft plan that seemed to be the sentence "lets give GOAO as much control over the team culture as possible". The team appears to be a mix of wily vets and brazilian early-teens, a blend that will lead to lots of foongus-diglett balance squads being piloted by people screaming in the chat SIGH WHY DID YOU LEAVE SPRITZEE ON AT FOONGUS U FUCKIN MONG and frantic managerial smogtours apologizing. Nineage also committed to a team culture, one of high-skill tour players whose previous exposure to lc seems to be "lol, lcin spl? just click knock off every turn. mienfoo, lol." perhaps this was all an elaborate marketing scam - all the communal building will necessitate heavy use of the pokepad app. If the team buys in, though, prepare for some plays requiring a bigger dick than the onix sprite in the op. Sken, a fellow rookie manager, decided to bring together a bunch of users whom it's hard not to root for. the absdaddy return promises to be exciting - it's one of xy's most influential builders and confident battlers back after a break in his home tier, only vulnerable to a timeout loss from an extended smoke break if a battle lasts longer than 12 turns. Fatty, christo, samvgc, all pleasant guys, which makes it certain that this will be the team with four quits and an open mutiny before macle has even gotten erect at an artemisa midseason signup post. WaterlessMelon has put together a squad anchored by everyone's favorite player archetype: the enigmatic dpper. there's nothing bad to say about ifm - he was one of the best, if not the best, player on a team that was the best in ORAS, BW, and DPP last year - besides this: fiend is the antichrist to levi's JC. both are strong players, both use weird teams, but while levi always seems to have vital leaf storms merely sweep the hair off his forehead, fiend has a knack for getting crit in zany and painful ways; a season of wacky blunders awaits his team without a doubt.

PREDICTIONS:
SM: Vubon vs Hilomilo: Vubon is a strong player with a large roster of teams and lcpl experience. He's also no stranger to good fortune, having a win fall from 10000 feet into his lap dropped by yours truly. Hilomilo (HIGH-lo MI-lo? like high-low milo?) is an up-and-comer, but nerves eat at new users, causing them to drop advantages that a vet like vubon will catch and hold onto.
SM: Kenzo vs Finchinator: A team stocked with new lc-forum and -room faces might be an odd place to find an accomplished tour player, who are typically activity and motivation concerns in an isolated environment. Thats not going to be a problem with finch, duly deserving of his reputation as smogon's hardest worker. Kenzo dropped bread crumbs om his run through the first lc tour, and finch will follow the trail to chomp on his first lcpl win of the season. as thanks, perhaps sassy jac maanger: jac can offer tips on eyebrow tweezing.
SM: ZoroDark vs Altariel von Sweep: AvS is sure to put up a brave effort, but zorodark can play any style and plan wins from turn 1. if a spanish user isnt a Guerrilla, he's a Francoite, meaning this will be the rare time Belgium inviades the fascists than the other way around.
SM: The Quasar vs Gummysaur: Both good players, both users whom i like, but the veteran calm tends to win out over debutante nerves in the early going; i feel like a broken record with this. Quasar probably owns records, in fact, and will have a pleasant one on the gramophone as his staryu spins to victory.
XY: blarajan vs slurmz: everyone forgets how slow the late ORAS pace became, and theres no one better suited to patiently Porygon-recover his way to wins than blara. Slurmz is a strong player, but i see him forcing a turn too many and ending up on the losing end, though anything can happen in a metagame ripe to be shaken up.
XY: Kushalos vs rssp1: MF DOOM has one flow. Shaq had one post move. Chipotle fans have one race. Late 1930s Germany had one military tactic. Kushalos has one oras team, and it does not lose. rssp1 will put up a fight, but theres no brave bird rufflet to blast away in this generation.
DPP: Kumiho vs Mambo: mambo at his best mixed innovative ideas with a bold, daring style of play that backfooted some lc greats of his time. He certainly will bring everything he has in his big return, but the techs might number one too many against a dpp staple in kumiho, who can capitalize on misplaced aggression and seal up a win.
HIGHLIGHT MATCH: QUOTE VS. TCR: a match sure to be contested with no small amount of shared enmity, this one might come down to how quote mentally prepares and maintains composure while playing. If he becomes dejected at any point, a solid returning tcr will whip camden across the field, but if quote plays well, his difficult-to-read playstyle and solid, creative teams might leave the crazyrussian biting the bandana in the end. a must-see.

Lit af Litleos vs The Crystal Onix
SM: ggggd vs Lax: Pablo tends to let his pal GOAO receive the attention, which for better or for worse has kinda obscured a strong LC resume. A swiss record only tarnished by a defeat to lord Shrug and a strong seasonal run augur big things for the small Brazilian - lax should be prepared for quite the favela brawl.
SM: miltankmilk vs rozes: Esteemed LCPL Host Rozes rejoins the player pool for another go-round. Both are good players, but rozes's lc experience will advantage him in tactically clicking knock off a few more times.
SM: OP vs KratosMana: OP has brought the world two new diglett sets in lcpl play. i dont foresee a third - at that point it would be dugtrio, and banned - but i do see LO earthquakes picking off pokemon one by one until Anti punches his screen.
XY: Nintendi vs teal6: A defending lcpl champ unleashed again on the premier league. Nintendi, an extremely strong player, will be ready for fletchling but powerless as three dragons dance in his face while poliwag swims away with the victory.
XY: trash vs -Tsunami-: Armed with tko teams and a kind spirit, -Tsunami- will have a tough game against team co-capitain and resident innovator trash. A battle to watch not only for the level of play - likely high - but also the chat, which may consist of Shake openly berating a trash who responds like a scolded 8yo girl, leading to some anime-addled users having flashbacks to the last time they opened an incognito window.
BW: GOAO vs FLCL: GOAO does not react well to perceived slights, and will likely channel his anger into an energy to succeed this week. FLCL, while a better player than me, will be faced with a boy boasting hours of practice time and a mastery of his team, one who literally wants it more. A victory for the young brazilian.
HIGHLIGHT MATCH: ZEB VS. ICT: Two splers and recent commits to lc face off in what is likely the premier SM match of the whole first week. Both players slightly favor offense, and i dont expect them to deviate, pitting strength on strength in what may well come down to a Croagunk war. Cant-miss littlecup.

Stunting Stunkys vs Waterless Wynauts
SM: Christo vs Tricking: Tricking is a pokemon polyglot, fluent in several tiers. Christo, too, can quickly acquire lower-tier knowledge and assimilate it into his plays. The Stunky seems slightly better versed in current SM based on his SPL wins, so he seems more likely to pull ahead in what is sure to be a close game.
SM: SamVGC vs majaspic22: Fun fact: the "22" in majas's name means "two fights two grounds", a reference to his favorite builds. If this truly was doubles, Sam would have the edge, but give it to the lc-versed Frenchman and his trusty scraggy.
SM: obii vs HT: These usernames cause me ocular pain. as fast as possible while im squinting: ht is an open finalist with fiend teams, always a winning formula.
SM: fatty vs Fiend: A tough one to call. Fatty had a strong start to spl, but tailed off towards the end; fiend has been low on activity, but has a talent for seeing winning builds and playing them well. In a hard-to-predict game, i'll roll with fiend to score a Pyrrhic victory: all the time it took to scout, build, practice, schedule, and play plus plow through towering mountains of homework, endless hours sports practices, and weeping sensitive artsy girls to friendzone will lead fiend to drugs: first bud light limes, then pot, coke, heroin, pcp, anime, and krokodil, leaving him destitute on the streets of Berkeley, CA, where Sam-testings will see fiend's prone aryan form during a loud embarrassing public lecture from his mother and think: that homeless nazi's life isnt so bad. And it wont be, because he'll be 1-0 in lcpl.
XY: Pearl vs TraceofLife: As based on his saying "contacted, lets go team" while i was typing this post - at 4:30 ish in the morning for him - absdaddy is going to be a big help for his team, and Pearl is likely to be the beneficiary of an offensive squad that pilots itself. traceoflife wont know what hit him - the replay will be the black box recording, and melon typing "fuck" in a pm to fiend the dental records.
XY: absdaddy vs Akashi: He'll bring 6 wincons and only need 1.
BW: TUO vs Void: I feel TUO might be slightly irked that TCR and zf established themselves as the bw players to beat last lcpl and will be highly motivated. The man with more memes than anonymous currently has 7 Sand Rush LO Drillbur teams looking out at void saying "expect us".
HIGHLIGHT MATCH: DPP: Nails vs. idiotfrommars: ifm is favored, and for good reason. He's been dominant the past few lcpls. However, nails is a tournament veteran with a support staff willing to help him prep for a formidable foe. Hope we see bo3 for added drama.

star u know i love you but,
And finally:
HIGHLIGHT MATCH:
Star vs. PD
my manager is fire wtf looking like the teal6 of lc, so classy

won gg :3

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7lc-277063

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)