SM UU Le temps est bon

Le temps est bon

(click the sprites for the importable)

Introduction

Hey everyone and welcome in my first RMT on Smogon. For those who don't know me, I'm Moutemoute (pronounced Moot-Moot), a French player who loves the Underused since he started the strategy in Pokemon at the end of 2014. I actually never made a RMT on Smogon because I didn't feel the need to do it. However, having seen Lyd’s RMT made me want to share with you a pretty cool and offensive team I made and which allows me to reach one of my highest Elo on the Ladder since a long time. Please take a seat and enjoy the reading while listening the smooth voice of Isabelle Pierre !

Teambuilding Process

Scizor and Primarina were the starting point of my team. I love both this Pokemon and they're working great together since Scizor can bring Primarina on the field thanks to U-turn while Primarina is able to pressure with ease Ground-types and Fire-types such as Hippowdon or Rotom-Heat. They also weaken each other's checks like Tentacruel, Empoleon and Scizor can muscle through any kind of Amoonguss with a +2 Savage Spin-Out which open doors for Primarina since it can abuse of its STABs once Amoonguss is down.

Since this core was pretty weak to Choice Band Infernape but also Zeraora, I decided to add Gligar because it's a really good Steath Rock setter which can handle a lot of hits while still being able to pivot thanks to U-turn. Gligar is definitively one of the keystone of the team because it can handle a lot of threats for its teammates.

Since I already got a pretty cool Volt-Turn core, I decided to bring another which can paired well with bother Scizor and Gligar. With that in mind, I opted for Rotom-Heat because it can check to a certain extent Manectric-Mega which was a nasty threat to handle. Rotom-Heat brings Defog and Volt Switch support which is great. It can also handle to a certain extent some variants of Scizor which is important.

At that point, I realised that the team was pretty slow so I decided to add a Choice Scarf Hydreigon to the squad. Hydreigon is one of my favorite Pokemon in the tier because it's a great offensive Pokemon which can still handle some threats thanks to its good bulk and ability Levitate. Hydreigon paired well in the team thanks to U-turn and it can pivot on fairies which would like to threaten it and it can bring Scizor to pressure those Fairy-types.

Last but not least, I added a Choice Band Infernape to the team. It's a powerfull pivot with U-turn and it can pressure Pokemon like Cobalion, Aggron-Mega or Steelix-Mega for Scizor which is great. Thanks to Mach Punch, Infernape is also able to Revenge Kill some weakened threats like Hydreigon, Terrakion, Cobalion or Bisharp.

Team in-depth

Scizor

Item: Buginium Z
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Technician
EVs: 244 HP 16 Atk 148 Def 96 SpD 4 Spe
Moves: Swords Dance Roost U-turn Bullet Punch

Scizor will often act as a cleaner and that's why you should really be careful to keep it healthy unless you're sure that it is no longer useful. The EVs spread allow Scizor to handle moves like Mega Aerodactyl's Stone Edge, Krookodile's Earthquake and even a +1 Gigavolt Havoc from Latias. On the other side, Scizor is able to outspeed Alomomola while still being able to OHKO physically defensive Amoonguss with +2 Savage Spin-Out after Stealth Rock damages. Since this set of Scizor is pretty bulky, you can use Scizor to check threats such as Krookodile but also Mega Altaria and non-Hidden Power Fire Latias. The aim of Scizor is to pivot during the whole match to weaken the opponent's Pokemon and then setup in the endgame to clean. Don't be afraid to click U-turn with it since every chip damages is great.

Primarina

Item: Choice Specs
Nature: Modest
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 40 HP252 SpA216 Spe
Moves: Hydro PumpScaldMoonblastPsychic

Primarina is the special breaker of the squad. Thanks to its typing, Primarina can naturally check Hydreigon, Choice Scarf Latias and pressure a lot of defensive staples such as Hippowdon, Aggron-Mega, Steelix-Mega or Gligar. The EVs spread allows it to outspeed Adamant Crawdaunt but also uninvested 85 BS speed such as Suicune or Gligar. Since Primarina's goal is to weaken opponent's team, feel free to abuse of its STABs to dent everything as much as possible. However, if the opponent has a Hydreigon, you should keep as much as possible Primarina to force Hydreigon to choose between its STABs and clicking U-turn in order to not lose the momentum.

Gligar

Item: Eviolite
Nature: Impish
Ability: Immunity
EVs : 248 HP 156 Def 104 SpD
Moves: Stealth Rock Roost Earthquake U-turn

Gligar is the defensive keystone of the team but also its Stealth Rock setter. 29 IVs in speed provides it a slow U-turn vs opponent's Gligar. Since Gligar has a great bulk, you should take advantage of it and use Gligar as a Pivot to handle some hits from Pokemon like Rotom-Heat, Cobalion, Terrakion but also Krookodile and Zeraora if Gligar's Eviolite is not necessarily necessary during the match. Also if your opponent has a Choice Specs Primarina, you should always use U-turn on Gligar to not lose momentum especially since the team doesn't have a real way to take a hit from a Choice Specs Primarina. However, if Gligar is damaged a lot and you still need it, you can opt to use Roost and then choose a Pokemon which would act as a death fodder. Keep in mind that this team is an offense and you have to play it like this.

Rotom-Heat

Item: Wiki Berry
Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 236 HP 24 SpA 248 Spe
Moves: Defog Toxic Volt Switch Overheat

Rotom-Heat is the Defogger of the team but also one a great pivot thank to U-turn. Even if it lacks of recovery, Rotom-Heat is still a decent Pokemon which can take some hits from Scizor, Moltres, Mamoswine or Electric-types. Since it's the best Pokemon of the team to handle SD Scizor, you should really pay attention when you're facing a Scizor. If Rotom-Heat is weakened too much, it will not be able to handle Scizor in the endgame which can be a huge problem since SD Scizor can really pressure the team if it's played well. Thus it's very important to scout as soon as possible Scizor's set to be able to deal with it better. You also have to keep Rotom-Heat healthy if the opponent has a Moltres because it's the only Pokemon of the team which can handle a SSSS + a Fire Blast / Hurricane.

Hydreigon

Item: Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid
EVs : 24 Def 232 SpA 252 Spe
Moves: U-turn Dark Pulse Draco Meteor Fire Blast

Hydreigon is the fastest Pokemon in the team thanks to its Choice Scarf. With its great speed, Hydreigon is able to Revenge Kill important threats to the team such as Mega Manectric, non-Choice Scarf Latias, Mega Sceptile but also DD Kommo-o and LO Starmie. On the other hand, thanks to U-turn, Hydreigon is able to pivot on fairies which would like to sponge its STABs and bring its teammates on the field. The spread with 24 EVs in Defense allow Hydreigon to always survive a +2 Bullet Punch from Iron Plate Scizor which can be useful in desperate situations. Thanks to its typing and ability Levitate, Hydreigon is also my main answer to Volcanion, Crawdaunt, Krookodile and Chandelure even if this one is less common than the others. Hydreigon can also act as a cleaner if the opponent's team is weakened enough in the endgame which is pretty dope if Scizor is not able to clean.

Infernape

Item: Choice Band
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk 4 SpD 252 Spe
Moves: U-turn Flare Blitz Close Combat Mach Punch

Last but not least, we have my Choice Band Infernape which is the most powerful pivot in the team. Infernape is basically the physical alter-ego of Primarina and its main goal is to weaken as much as possible the opponent's team thanks to its powerful STABs : Flare Blitz and Close Combat. I opted for Mach Punch because it allows Infernape to Revenge Kill some dangerous threats such as Terrakion, Cobalion, Bisharp or Hydreigon if Primarina isn't healthy enough to handle it. Like Primarina, Infernape is able to pressure Scizor's check such as Steel-types, Rotom-Heat and even Moltres with Stealth Rock's support.

Threats

Suicune is probably the most annoying Pokemon for my team since I don't have a powerful Electric-type neither an offensive Grass-type. While VinCune can be pressured by Primarina and to a lesser extent by Rotom-Heat and Infernape, CroCune can almost 6-0 my team if it gets lucky on its Sleep Talk turns. RoarCune can be annoying too but since it has to choose between Calm Mind and Sleep Talk, it's most of the time easier to handle it.

Offensive Water-types are a pain in the ass to handle since I don't have great answers to them. While Mega Blastoise can be handle to a certain extent by Primarina and Volcanion by Hydreigon or Primarina if it's lacking Poison coverage, Choice Specs Primarina is really hard to handle since my team doesn't have anything to take a Choice Specs Hydro Pump / Moonblast. Last but not least, LO Starmie can be really annoying thanks to its speed tier which allows it to outspeed all my team except for Choice Scarf Hydreigon and its coverage which allows it to hit really hard the majority of my squad.

Offensive Electric-types can be annoying especially if they have Hidden Power Ice in their moveset. I need to pressure them as much as possible to put in the range of Hydreigon or Infernape's Mach Punch. Rotom-Heat and Gligar can check them to a certain extent.

While Choice Scarf and Choice Band Infernape can't do much to the team thanks to Gligar, Nasty Plot variants can be really threatening for my team since I need to keep healthy Primarina or put it in range of my Infernape's Mach Punch.

Latias is a threat for the team since I need to scout its set to know how to deal with it. CM + Recover/Roost with Dragonium Z and Choice Scarf variants can be checked by Scizor while CM + Recover/Roost Electrium Z with Ice Beam struggle to break Rotom-Heat. The most threatening variants of Latias for my team or either CM with STABs and Hidden Power Fire or LO 3 attacks (with Hidden Power Fire) + Recover/Roost. To handle this sets, I need to play it safe.

Surprisingly, Mega Sceptile is a prominent threat to my team since it outspeed all my squad except my Choice Scarf Hydreigon and can pressure my team thanks to its STABs + Hidden Power Fire. When I'm facing Mega Sceptile, I need to make agressive plays like making double to bring safely Hydreigon vs it. If it's weakened enough, Scizor and Infernape can deal with it thanks to their priority.

Replays and peak

Shoutouts and conlusion

Dlanyer : Thanks man for trusting me to help you with the French Translation Project, let's make the project great again !

TMan87 and Alumn : Thanks to both of you for HTML explanations and a special thanks to Alumn for your investment in the project.

• Huge shoutout to Iyarito, Mitsuki, AlphaWitten, Hubriz, Flare and Repu for your investment in the Translations Projects, I'm really proud to be part of all this with you. Shoutout to every single person which is involved in this project because there is a lot of work in it and it's not something easy.

Lyd : I'm a big fan of you man ! I hope you don't mind that I am inspired from your RMT to make my own >o<

• Huge shoutout to the players from PKS ❤ (Bouki, S poi re, Pepeduce and all the forgotten..)

• UU subforum & UU room : A Cake Wearing A Hat, vivalospride, Amane Misa, Sage, Accelgor, 'sei., Darksafadao, Twilight, BackAtYouBro and all the forgotten, I'm sorry there is so much people to remember. I love you all, for your contributions, your help and everything you bring among the UU community ! ❤

Last but not least, shoutout to everyone who took the time to read this RMT, I trully hope you enjoyed it ! I know that the team isn't perfect and I could change some Pokemon and/or sets but since the main goal at the beginning was to make a team which could abuse of the Volt-Turn, I think I've done a pretty good job overall. Once again, thanks for reading me and may be soon for a brand new RMT and don't forget that le temps est bon !

Last edited:

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hey Moute, cool team! Definitely feel like it could improve a bit though. For one the stall matchup is pretty lackluster and it relies on having two breakers just clicking buttons even tho Blissey + Alo + fighting resist generally just handles that pretty much. Triple choice users in general is definitely a little sus and could probably be rather easily avoided, in fact that nape slot in general is just really odd because it just feels like it makes the team so awkward in general with giving not much in return. Rotom-H is also lookin hella overworked rn but idt there's too too much that can be done about that. Anyways let's see what can be done.

- So NP Lucario > Infernape was the first thing that pretty much immediately came to mind. As I said before, idrk why Infernape is in this slot, you mentioned being able to check soft check sciz, revenge w/ mach punch, breaker, etc. Luke does all that shit but can actually act as a wincon vs. stall, which is something I'd say is really important for this team. Set is p standard w/ Life Orb and Steadfast to take advantage of shit like Scarf Togekiss flinches, making it harder to revenge kill oo.
Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Vacuum Wave
- Flash Cannon
- Aura Sphere

Smaller changes:
Ok so I think this team needs to take some shit off of Rotom-H's back cause rn it's carrying far too heavy of a load rn, and honestly I don't think there's just some big change we can do that can fix this entirely but there is a few smaller things we can do to help a lil bit.
- Sparkling Aria > Scald on Primarina, really no point in not doing this as I think being able to hit shit like sub Chandelure + Moltres helps Rotom-H a lot even if sub Moltres isn't the most common thing, it's something to take note of. Also as I said, there's rlly no big deal in Scald > Aria, Aria goes thru subs and that's neat, damage output is what rlly matters on this mon > burns.
- Toxic > U-Turn on Gligar helps the Moltres matchup a lot. Being able to click Toxic as Moltres could easily Defog on Gligar otherwise is huge for Lucario/Scizor potentially winning, and Rotom-H being able to do it's job more reliably.
- This one is more optional but I highkey recommend it regardless, Thunderbolt > Toxic on Rotom-H might be the move or even Pain Split > Toxic. Toxic on Gligar makes Toxic on Rotom-H not quite as necessary to hit shit like Hippo since Hippo coming in just means Gligar gets free rocks and can potentially cripple Hippo itself, etc. Thunderbolt makes it more reliably check birds since it's the sole flying resist which is huge, while Pain Split just gives it more longevity, heavily recommending tbolt tho.

Scizor @ Buginium Z
Ability: Technician
EVs: 244 HP / 16 Atk / 148 Def / 96 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Sparkling Aria
- Moonblast
- Psychic

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 29 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Rotom-Heat @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 236 HP / 24 SpA / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Thunderbolt / Pain Split / Toxic
- Volt Switch
- Overheat

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Vacuum Wave
- Flash Cannon
- Aura Sphere / Focus Blast

That's p much it, I think I optimized this quite a bit and it should be more fluid in general as it doesn't rely on Rotom-H to do everything quite as much anymore. Lmk how it goes if you try it out! Good RMT n_n.

Thanks for the great rate vivalospride ❤

I took your advice and it's pretty cool so far. I think Thunderbolt is the best move on Rotom-Heat over Toxic since it allows it to pressure much more effectively Water-types such as Suicune or Primarina / Mega Blastoise / Volcanion. I didn't think before about Sparkling Aria because I though Scald burn would be better but being able to hit Pokemon throught Sub is quite nice indeed.

I've won a game on the ladder with the new variant of the team, feel free to check it (it's the fourth replay on the RMT) !

Last edited:
I can't help you to improve your team as i'm pretty bad in Underused, but your RMT is so beautiful! I'm french too, that's why I saw you made a mistake when writing your natures: Timide is french, while it's Timid in english. It's your first RMT but you should make more, as your RMT is one of the greatest and nicest i've ever see! Bonne chance pour l'amélioration de ta team qui est déjà très bonne, et bonne journée!
EDIT: Oh and when will you update the pokepaste?

UU subforum & UU room : A Cake Wearing A Hat, vivalospride, Amane Misa, Sage, Accelgor, 'sei., Darksafadao, Twilight, BackAtYouBro and all the forgotten, I'm sorry there is so much people to remember. I love you all, for your contributions, your help and everything you bring among the UU community !
forgotten again n.n

Anyways, cool team Moute! Vous êtes tout à fait le constructeur! (sorry if i butchered that.)

Just leaving a small note on something you could maybe do to help with your Electric Weakness. It isn't major, but maybe running Protect over U-Turn could allow you to scout for HP Ice, allowing you to pivot, as well as maybe racking up Toxic turns, etc. Small and maybe not worth it, but it's a cool tech that has worked for me every time that I have used it. It also lets you scout for Latias sets and eat the rare Firium Z from Nasty Plot Ape.

Anyways, have a good day, and congratz on badges once more :D!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)