Serious LGBTQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinchou

Banned deucer.
This topic is for LGBTQ members to discuss problems they are having, or problems with coming out, etc... And your thoughts on Gay Marriage, and Christian views on gays.

No haters allowed . (if theres one already, I will close this)

Last edited:
I've been informed that the proper phrase is LGBTQ now. Because apparently queer no longer means what I thought it meant.

Reactions: amg
A topic for LGBTQ members to do... what, exactly? You really need to give the thread some sort of direction, since we're not all going to share the same interests or whatever. Also yeah, queer has become popular in the past 10 or so years as an identifier for people who aren't straight or cis but don't identify with any of the standard labels. Has some basis in queer theory as well which I'm not a fan of, personally. Fuck that noise.

Chinchou

Banned deucer.
A topic for LGBTQ members to do... what, exactly? You really need to give the thread some sort of direction, since we're not all going to share the same interests or whatever. Also yeah, queer has become popular in the past 10 or so years as an identifier for people who aren't straight or cis but don't identify with any of the standard labels. Has some basis in queer theory as well which I'm not a fan of, personally. Fuck that noise.
Fixed i think

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
And your thoughts on Gay Marriage, and Christian views on gays.
I like the Christian view on gays, at least the Biblical one. Don't see any reason why it should be applied to our secular nation though. The God of the Bible allows people to do whatever they want to do with their lives. Although the eternal consequences are the same.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
"Yeah man, I was about 100 feet away from where it happened, it was crazy to think about haha. Totally random, but what's your sexuality?" -Dubby "Still confused as to why he's not popular at parties" Dubberson

KM

slayification
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
I feel like 90% of the people who've posted on this thread so far are totally straight but that's chill lol.

In terms of coming out, I'm sort of at that awkward stage where like half of the people I care about know and I just have to tell the rest of them and it's just awkward and bleh.

But if I had to give any advice to young gay people on Smogon it would be to come out to friends that you don't know irl first. Not only are they more likely not to give a shit, but it'll help give you confidence in order to tell some of the people who really matter.

One of my big challenges now actually is telling everyone on Facebook without being a complete attention whore... I feel like if I just go out and say "hey everyone i'm gay xoxo" it'd be like 10 people happy for me, 100 people thinking I've been hacked and someone else wrote it on my wall, and like 200 people giving absolutely 0 shits. At the same time, I don't want to have to personally message every single person I mildly care about. (I've actually been thinking if just posting "trying to figure out how to come out as gay on Facebook without sounding like a complete attention whore if you have any ideas please send me a pm thanks")

Oh and as to my stance on the Christian gay whatever thing I could go all day, but I'll just start with this.

The male g-spot is located in the rectum. Just let that sink in.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I have a sort of issue, I paint my nails but I don't want people to assume I'm gay (I am ok with people coming up and asking me because then they know, it's the quiet people that worry me). What should I do?

edit for those who think I'm not being serious (I am), I really do paint my nails

"Yeah man, I was about 100 feet away from where it happened, it was crazy to think about haha. Totally random, but what's your sexuality?" -Dubby "Still confused as to why he's not popular at parties" Dubberson
all joking aside I've actually asked a few people before. and they were indeed gay.

KM

slayification
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
It's LGBTTIQQ2SA you monster.
So I looked this up apparentally 2 stands for 2-spirited... "Two-spirited" or "two-spirit" usually indicates a person whose body simultaneously manifests both a masculine and a feminine spirit."

If there are any 2-spirited smogonites out there... x)

It's LGBTTIQQ2SA you monster.
Wow this acronym is getting out of hand, of course there are innumerable nuances to human sexuality, gender identity, and how they form relationships that I can understand why. For example I identify as a Cisgender Homoromantic Demisexual Male. I'm sure most of you know what Cisgender means as well as Male, but the rest probably deserves explanation.
In addition to Sexual Orientation there is Romantic Orientation, which is what you're emotionally attracted to. For most people this lines up with their sexual orientation and isn't even considered outside of Asexual and Aromantic individuals. For me, Homoromantic would mean that I like to date boys but don't necessarily want to have a sexual relationships with them.
As for the term Demisexual, it essentially means that the individual could potentially develop sexual attraction towards someone after sufficient emotional bonding. I use the term to describe myself because I have little to no sex drive but am not sure whether I'm asexual or not.
So through using myself as an example, I see how LGBTTIQQ2SA could get so much longer...

Last edited:
I am hetro but have have transgendered feelings and have for some time, I am keeping the whole thing under wraps ATM because its the least pressing of my personal problems, the push inside me isn't that big honestly. I might investigate it more after college or something.

I'm pansexual but tbh I'm too cynical and awkward to be able to successfully maintain a stable relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)