Looking for Ideas: Log-on Screen

Hello to all:

I am thinking of working on some log-on screens for the Windows XP System. I have created a few Smogon-theme ones, but quite frankly, I was very disappointed with them, frankly because I was just throwing stuff together. I am pretty good at Photoshop (My digital art teacher wanted me to teach the class the few times! and my work got in the schools art show) and know I can do better.

Somewhere in the Smergle's Studio's subforum, I had posted some artwork a while ago (when I first came here), many people liked it. It was mainly for wallpapers, but now I want to try logon screens, which are harder to do (placement, pixels, etc.).

Therefore, I am accepting ideas for a log on screen. I'll give credit to the respective people for ones I create (I'm not here to steal ideas, but turn them into real things).

Please, no "LOLOLOLOLOL YOU SUCK! NO ARTWORK FOR YOU! HAHAHAHAAH" kind of responses. If you think it's a bad idea, say it nicely.

Thanks!

How about instead of that stupid "welcome" screen with the log-ins, you have a random faded Pokemon picture (Sugomori's (?) artwork) appear in the lower right hand corner as a background and have the names appear in a list to the left, with the option of choosing a particular Pokemon to appear next to a particular log-in name.

Just an idea.

Why not make it look like smogon's front page?. Make the background white with the yellow and purple stripes on top, and if you can get permission from the appropriate people, aragornbird's koffing and maybe the smogon symbol? Would look nice and clean that way, and not be too cluttered

I am liking these ideas, especially the smogon front page one. I do not want to do an *exact* copy of it, but the colors and such look nice (plus it will be a change for me, since I'm use to using dark colors).

In the coming days, I'll sketch the ideas you have given, scan them and let you guys rate them.

Lexay

I could be boned!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
its a good thing you didnt get offended by what i said in the other topic. a good pupil is one that can take critics.

anyway, by looking on what you've showed earlier, i really think adobe illustrator is a more appropiate program to design this.

How about instead of that stupid "welcome" screen with the log-ins, you have a random faded Pokemon picture (Sugomori's (?) artwork) appear in the lower right hand corner as a background and have the names appear in a list to the left, with the option of choosing a particular Pokemon to appear next to a particular log-in name.

Just an idea.

Is this kind of what you have in mind?:

Lexay

I could be boned!
lol yeah this is pretty bad..

anyway, i really think this belongs in Smeargle's Studio and not in Congregration of the Masses

Lexay

I could be boned!
i already gave him, he didnt take it apparently

but thanks for pointing me out on what i should do zordon

Lexay

I could be boned!
i don't know dude, perhaps try making this in illustrator, because this looks all "photoshopped up"; which isn't exactly a good thing. if you're stubborn and want to improve with ps, try reading some tutorials (good-tutorials.com is a good site), however its still better to get to learn the program on your own.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)