SM PU Ma, I Got Webs On The Floor!

I'm sure most people reading this thread will watch Pokeaim. And so I'm sure they've seen the gimmick team in which he gets webs on his own side.

I spent a lot of time trying to make that work in OU. Mons like Serperior worked wonders, but the presence of so many pivot leads made getting any kind of winrate impossible.

So, when in doubt, load up PU.

Na Tuday (Natu) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Skill Swap

The lead. 100% of the time, unless I think I can win without the gimmick. Click Skill Swap, as you're slower than most U-turn leads, then get some chip off and die.

Pie (Swirlix) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sticky Web
- Endeavor
- Dazzling Gleam
- Toxic

The MVP. Once you've got Magic Bounce on your opponent, you can web up your own side. Swirlix doesnt stop being useful there, able to stallbreak hard with Endeavor and Toxic, claim kills on weakened bulky attackers, and web up both sides to give Primeape the best chance of cleaning.

Dejarik (Pawniard) @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Brick Break

I don't understand why Pawniard is PU. It's just so good. With Eviolite it beats almost everything in the tier 1v1, and you have sacs in the first two mons for fighting attacks. With a defiant boost, this cleans through whole teams with a few predictions and good sucker punches.

PRIMEAPE (Primeape) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake

The win condition. With a scarf, and a defiant boost, it cleans through the slower pokemon the rest of the team might take chip against. The coverage here leaves the team weak to Haunter, you can run Throat Chop if you feel that's better. (I'd probably replace U-turn, its mostly there to hit Mesprit anyway.)

Madame Butterfly (Gothitelle) @ Life Orb
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball

Wallbreaker McGee. With a boost, LO and trick room, this kills most things. Anything that lives hits it back lightly enough that it can make 2 or 3 attacks before dying, and leaving a couple turns of TR to Wigglytuff and Pawniard.

Cuddles (Wigglytuff) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hyper Voice
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

The black sheep. This mon has been underwhelming in every iteration. It hits ridiculously well with BoltBeam coverage, but its bulk is lacking. I ran full HP for a while, but found it 2HKOd by everything, particularly Pyroar.
But even with this bulk,
252 SpA Choice Specs Pyroar Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Wigglytuff: 189-223 (44.8 - 52.9%) -- 30.5% chance to 2HKO

So yeah, this guy gets sacced a lot. I've been tempted to try something stupid like Prinplup in its place, but I'd rather use something decent. The only time this mon really performs is when it has a few turns of TR to play with, either from a saved Natu or a dead Goth. Then it hits things.

Strategy

We have three game plans. Against anything remotely stall or balanced oriented, go hard on the Natu plan. They're unlikely to make plays while facing so little pressure, and you can often get your webs up.

Against offence, you might not have the time to pull this off. Archeops, Crustle, Armaldo are all leads we can get the plan off against, but we struggle against Mesprit and other slower U-turners. Against Manectric and the like we're in a better place, as we are outsped by the switch, and if they go for T-bolt, we get Volt Absorb. Stuff like Passimian just ends the game in the Natu plan, as we dont know if its faster than us. In this case, we save Natu as an emergency attack, and just play as a webs team, trying to take advantage of Defogs and other drops.

Against Webs, click random buttons and you should win 99% of the time.
(Seriously dont do that but the matchup is really trivial. I normally lead swirlix and trade webs, then just shit all over them.)

Threatlist
Oh, where to begin.

Geh. Immune to the main plan. Immune to the backup plan.
252 SpA Haunter Sludge Wave vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Wigglytuff: 228-270 (54.1 - 64.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
There's just no way to deal with this cleanly. If they've got this, we have to go to backup plan, and use Natu's sash to deal with it.
252 SpA Natu Psychic vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Haunter: 314-372 (135.9 - 161%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Anything faster than Primeape who can take advantage of its choice lock can provide ridiculous pressure. Often we need to hard predict with Goth to avoid a KO and get TR up to win.

Rotom-Fan with any speed is a particular pain. Volt Switch momentum is not something we appreciate, even if Goth and Wiggly can eat hits, and this one cant be countered by throwing Earthquakes at it, or by double-side webbing.

As much as we appreciate his hair, we dont like taking Earthquakes. Any fast attacker capable of powerful ground attacks is a pain, for example Lycanroc.

There's more threats, but they elude me right now. I'll update this as I play a bit more.
And no, I'm not going to try to peak with this hot garbage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)