Mafia Championship S4 Nomination/Volunteer Thread (read post #38)

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Isnt the meta from the host site irrelevant considering everybody in the game is from a differant site and as such from vastly differant meta? Unless im missing something here
there's a very good chance there will be at least one frequent MU player in whatever game you get slotted into, since a lot of people from past championships have stuck around on the site

it won't exactly emulate MU's meta but it'll probably be closer to it than anything else

Ampharos

i.e. i can name like 10 sites off the top of my head that are definitely sending MU players, plus MU itself gets a rep

Ampharos

for the record i love all of you and any criticism is meant to be purely constructive <3

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
if yeti plays like how she played during pathfinder, do not recommend. Other than that, get fucking iDLE or the king himself US.

Yeti

dark saturday
was that the oc the hosts made me wolf despite knowing i hate wolves and i only signed up bc they needed more ppl and afked most of it as i said i would to film my thesis

yea my thesis is filmed already so wont happen again

why are people talking about ms and mu? who cares about what is done there or what the meta is lol. none of that should have any relevance to who we pick.

I think LightWolf would be a good choice too if he's interested in the commitment.

Ampharos

MU was mentioned because, like i said, the games are on MU and it's very likely MU meta will have some level of influence on how the game goes

MS meta idk lol

I mean last time we had a very diverse cast, from ragequitting Soccer forum goers to loquacious Diplomacy players. MU meta probably isn't too important but the ability to read and adapt without much player context definitely will be.

Post count is closer to MU than here though so keep that in mind.

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
How am I not nominated? I won Amnesiac NOC and almost every game I've played recently I've had basically no communication of any kind. Put me in coach!

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
yo lets do this properly, ill list everyone (i think) that has been nominated and lets do a simple bolded vote. most votes goes, easy as that. if the person with the most votes doesn't want it, second most votes goes etc.

Nominated

Asek
Blazade
Da Letter El
Ditto
Empoof
Haruno
Jalmont
Josh
LightWolf
Thetwinmasters
UncleSam
Walrein
Yeti

my personal vote is Blazade

have at it fellas

Asek

Banned deucer.
Theres only a couple of people on that list id have grievances with being the candidate. I might sit on my vote for a while

Yeti

dark saturday
u should prob ping everyone on that list and see who wants to opt out/be in the running b4 u vote

or whos gonna be afk during the championship so we dont get a dle in the finals game :FailFish:

I'd go but tbh my scum game is so polarizing that if I rolled it, it would be a waste. There are also some serious waffling and pocketing issues I have to deal with as town atm

I'm also not around here much anymore so I feel someone like Yeti would represent Smogon as a community better, even if the nominated person isn't used to the faster paced meta

I only know about play of Walrein, DLE and LW here, so I'll vote within them. DLE iDLE's with a too high probability imo and LW is less busy than Walrein so lynch LightWolf

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
As long as it's not tomorrow or the day after, I guess? I mean I dunno how good I am at all, I did enjoy the hydra though. So uh people want it, put unnecessary pressure on me sure, I would def cave.

I mean I'd enjoy it, but I'm not gonna say, murder someone for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)