• Yes

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • No

Votes: 32 64.0%
  • I Am not sure about it

Votes: 4 8.0%

• Total voters
Magearna The God!

Welcome to My first SM Ubers RMT. SM Ubers didn't took me much time to learn. I easily understood the Metagame of SM Ubers. I decided to make a team at SM Ubers. It took me a long time to build this team because i have some Previous versions of this team which failed to check some Mons in the tier. So i think this is the Final version of my team. I decided to RMT this one because i need suggestions to improve this team.

Lets see the team i used on SM Ubers Overall

Lets go :)

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Earthquake
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

I run a Special Defensive Mixed Set with Stealth Rock and Toxic. Stealth rock is essential hazard for every team. It have two Same type attack Bonus ( STAB ). Lava plume can able to kill Steel and Grass types and can burn my opponent. I Chose Earthquake because i hate the accuary of Preci Blade. Finally , Toxic is to troll Defogging mons like DragCeus , WaterCeus and Giratina's. I run Sassy nature with Full SpDefense and 248 HP to take hits and it makes this as a bulky Hazard setter :)

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Heart Swap
- Thunder Wave
- Fleur Cannon
- Pain Split

Please!!! If you are using this team , then don't lose this mon. Try to save this because this is the main mon in my team. Its typing and Stats are awesome and it have a useful Move "Heart Swap" to troll Xerneas and Other Setup mons. Twave is to lower my opponent speed. Fleur cannon can hit like a truck. Pain Split is to heal our health with leftovers. i run Calm nature with full HP and SpDef to take every hits. I Selected this mon instead of Solgaleo because it can check Tapu Lele and other Psychic types which became more common in this gen. Fairy types are also increased so its Steel type can take hits from Fairy. DarkSpams are more common because of Psychic Spam so Magearna Fairy type can able to check them. Well :) so RIP Xerneas , Dark Arceus , Yveltal , Tapu Lele , Fairy Arceus etc.

Arceus @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 244 HP / 244 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment / Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover
- Defog
I Use this mon Because Primal Groudon is still the top even after these changes. Ho-Oh is also a threat still so Arceus-Water can check these mons nicely. It have the Defensive Bulk to take Some Physical attacks. Judgment can be used to Hit Ho-Oh , but Ice Beam is also a Option which can be used to Damage Dragon types and Pdon a bit. Toxic is selected here because of Pdon. Defog can remove the hazard. Recover can heal its HP. The EV sets are nice for this mon to survive hits from Pdon and Ho-Oh.

Yveltal @ Charti Berry
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Atk / 248 Def
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt

The Pure Extreme Killer Check in my Team. It not only Used to beat Extreme killer but can also used to beat other Physical Threats. Foul play is the attack that can beat Extreme Killer and other physical threats. Sucker Punch is for Priority hitting. Roost can heal its Health. Taunt can Stop non attacking moves from the opponent. I run Impish nature and 248 HP 248 Def to take hits from Physical mons and 12 atk to revenge hit hard a bit. Charti berry can save it from Stone edge extreme killer. It can Easily take out Psychic Types which are common nowadays. RIP Lunala.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

This is a nice mon for my team because it can Outspeed most of the mons and revenge hit it. Steel types are RIP. Eq is the move which hits Steel and other mons which aren't immune to ground. Stone edge can hit The ground immune mons that Eq cannot hit. Knock off can knock out opponent items and can hit Psychic Types and ghost types effectively. U-turn is for the momentum which can also hit Dark types and Psychic types effectively. I chose Adamant nature with full speed and full Atk to hit my opponent harder. Scarf is a useful item to outspeed opposing mons.

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Recover
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake

Last but not the least. Ho-Oh is my WallBreaker which is used to kill Some bulky mons. I Gave Full Speed and Full Attack with adamant nature. Brave Bird can hit harder ( i hate the recoil lol ). Sacred fire can be used to hit to burn our opponent. Earthquake is used here because Both Brave Bird and Sacred Fire can't hit Rock types effectively, it can also used to hit Primal groudon. Regenerator can heal its health. Recover can also Heal its Health. Life orb is the best item for Ho-Oh.

Well , I Think i am weak to Z Hypnosis Tail Glow Xurkitree but Both Magearna and Primal groudon can take it out if it is on Good HP Condition. I have to make careful plays against hypno Xurkitree. I Have Both Ho-Oh and Yveltal to check Splash Flame Charge Solgaleo :) . Please give me some Useful Suggestions so i can Improve my team and See ya later. Also , Spoiler is in below :)

Spoiler:

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Earthquake
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Heart Swap
- Thunder Wave
- Fleur Cannon
- Pain Split

Arceus @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 244 HP / 244 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover
- Defog

Yveltal @ Charti Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Atk / 248 Def
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Recover
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake

Last edited:

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
I feel your team is really not sure what it wants to do. You have 4 really defensive Pokemon followed by 2 offensive-ish pokemon that dont really fit the team well. I also feel like Phys-Def Yveltal is probably the worst Yveltal set going at the moment. I do feel that this can be quite easily solved though.

First of all change the Yveltal set. Yveltal is arguably the most improved pokemon from ORAS to SuMo, but defensive is just as bad as it always has been, prone to being worn down by rocks, overloaded and giving free turns to too many special attackers (most notably Kyogre who kinda runs straight through your team). Based on the makeup of the rest of the team I would recommend that Yveltal is changed to either Specs or Life Orb Specially biased, you lack a powerful offensive special attacker and Yveltal would fit that role perfectly, and it can keep sucker Punch for priority on threats like Deo-A.

Now without Yveltal to be the most passive thing you could have picked, you kinda lack an Ekiller check. No worries though, because changing Knock Off (a move with very few actual targets in ubers, especially with how many of them are using items that cant be knocked off (Megas, Arceus-Formes, Primals)) to either Superpower or Explosion will enable Lando-T to check Ekiller for the team, as well as intimidating it so that even if Ekiller lives, it is significantly weaker and can be revenge killed by half of the rest of your team as well.

Finally, why do you have the bulk on Ho-oh? You have Magearna, which takes on everything Ho-oh takes on, except better. I'd run an offensive spread, max speed max attack adamant, to outspeed as many pokemon on Balance as possible, and I'd also replace Sleep Talk with Roost, HypnoGar is literally banned, and Darkrai is incredibly niche and can be checked through the combination of this, Magearna and Yveltal regardless. Roost provides more longevity, although Recover might actually be better with all the Plume Pdons running around, and it's nice to be able to recover without switching out.

E: ZHypno Xurkitree isn't really a big threat that deserves it's own prep, but if you feel that paranoid about it you can go Jolly on your Scarf Lando, also allowing it to outspeed stuff like Max Speed Deo-a which it doesn't cover at the moment, and could be a concern in Psychic Terrain teams.

Last edited:
Hi, Ash and Charizard
Your team is great. To be the first of this new generation is very solid. Keep in mind that there are now more things to abuse and it is difficult to control everything. Well, I see you have things like Xerneas very well covered and a total of 3 to ground type immunity. Magearna is like a new Diancie but at best, only 2 weaknesses and an abanico of resistances. It has a perfect double type and is difficult to weaken. I must prove it, but what I have seen is that it can become painful, especially with Heart Swap.

Well, from the first day that I can play this I managed to be more or less attentive to the metagame. I'm not a teacher either, but I think I can help with something. They would be a minimum change keeping everything in order.

Lando-T; An option of change could be to pass the Sleep Talk here or even Blast instead of Knock Off / Uturn, the latter allows you to take advantage by attacking fast.

Ho-Oh; Honestly I think Ho-Oh should be another version to hold out more. Maybe something more defensive or maybe equal but changing Sleep by Recover / Roost. Better option for Ground spam is Recover, that way you avoid this type so common.

As you have already mentioned, Xurkitree can be a danger to keep in mind. Since you are using a lot with your annoying Z Hypnosis, that may fail. But nobody is amused to sleep and increase speed and next turn Tail Glow. In short, I just came up with an idea that may be a little ridiculous, but a set of Solgaleo Scarf that exceeds +1 giving him strong with EQ. It is a viable option like any. There will be more that are not so orthodox. Although you already have a LandorusT. I do not know if it is overcome or what damage does Grass Knot / Energy Ball.

I feel your team is really not sure what it wants to do. You have 4 really defensive Pokemon followed by 2 offensive-ish pokemon that dont really fit the team well. I also feel like Phys-Def Yveltal is probably the worst Yveltal set going at the moment. I do feel that this can be quite easily solved though.

First of all change the Yveltal set. Yveltal is arguably the most improved pokemon from ORAS to SuMo, but defensive is just as bad as it always has been, prone to being worn down by rocks, overloaded and giving free turns to too many special attackers (most notably Kyogre who kinda runs straight through your team). Based on the makeup of the rest of the team I would recommend that Yveltal is changed to either Specs or Life Orb Specially biased, you lack a powerful offensive special attacker and Yveltal would fit that role perfectly, and it can keep sucker Punch for priority on threats like Deo-A.

Now without Yveltal to be the most passive thing you could have picked, you kinda lack an Ekiller check. No worries though, because changing Knock Off (a move with very few actual targets in ubers, especially with how many of them are using items that cant be knocked off (Megas, Arceus-Formes, Primals)) to either Superpower or Explosion will enable Lando-T to check Ekiller for the team, as well as intimidating it so that even if Ekiller lives, it is significantly weaker and can be revenge killed by half of the rest of your team as well.

Finally, why do you have the bulk on Ho-oh? You have Magearna, which takes on everything Ho-oh takes on, except better. I'd run an offensive spread, max speed max attack adamant, to outspeed as many pokemon on Balance as possible, and I'd also replace Sleep Talk with Roost, HypnoGar is literally banned, and Darkrai is incredibly niche and can be checked through the combination of this, Magearna and Yveltal regardless. Roost provides more longevity, although Recover might actually be better with all the Plume Pdons running around, and it's nice to be able to recover without switching out.

E: ZHypno Xurkitree isn't really a big threat that deserves it's own prep, but if you feel that paranoid about it you can go Jolly on your Scarf Lando, also allowing it to outspeed stuff like Max Speed Deo-a which it doesn't cover at the moment, and could be a concern in Psychic Terrain teams.
Well , Thanks for the Suggestion :) I was running Band Yveltal and LO Mixed Yveltal in the previous Versions of my team because I need a wallbreaker. But it failed because Extreme Killers are common even in this gen and I also tried Lando-T with Superpower and it didn't work too. This is why I decided to run a Defensive Yveltal with Charti berry. Defensive Yveltal is not that bad. It Sweeps Solgaleo and Lunala Easily ( Solgaleo can be killed by Foul Play or Sucker Punch , I will Keep rocks on my opponent place and Kill Lunala by Sucker Punch but if it is not possible , then I can switch it into Magearna ). But I agree what you said about my Ho-Oh set because I don't need much bulk in Ho-Oh. I am Removing Sleep talk and adding Recover as you said :) The EV sets are 252 HP / 252 Speed and 4 HP now. Thanks for the Suggestions Aberforth, Overall you liked it??

Hi, Ash and Charizard
Your team is great. To be the first of this new generation is very solid. Keep in mind that there are now more things to abuse and it is difficult to control everything. Well, I see you have things like Xerneas very well covered and a total of 3 to ground type immunity. Magearna is like a new Diancie but at best, only 2 weaknesses and an abanico of resistances. It has a perfect double type and is difficult to weaken. I must prove it, but what I have seen is that it can become painful, especially with Heart Swap.

Well, from the first day that I can play this I managed to be more or less attentive to the metagame. I'm not a teacher either, but I think I can help with something. They would be a minimum change keeping everything in order.

Lando-T; An option of change could be to pass the Sleep Talk here or even Blast instead of Knock Off / Uturn, the latter allows you to take advantage by attacking fast.

Ho-Oh; Honestly I think Ho-Oh should be another version to hold out more. Maybe something more defensive or maybe equal but changing Sleep by Recover / Roost. Better option for Ground spam is Recover, that way you avoid this type so common.

As you have already mentioned, Xurkitree can be a danger to keep in mind. Since you are using a lot with your annoying Z Hypnosis, that may fail. But nobody is amused to sleep and increase speed and next turn Tail Glow. In short, I just came up with an idea that may be a little ridiculous, but a set of Solgaleo Scarf that exceeds +1 giving him strong with EQ. It is a viable option like any. There will be more that are not so orthodox. Although you already have a LandorusT. I do not know if it is overcome or what damage does Grass Knot / Energy Ball.
Thanks for the suggestions but Aberforth Explained it all.You suggested me Scarf Solgaleo Right? Well , I Can't run 2 Steel mons in One team ( Magearna and Solgaleo ) But I will try it :)

Heya, the team seems nice at first glance but I've found some flaws on it and I'd like to recommend you a couple of things.

Firstly, Xurkitree is not a Pokemon that you should worry about. The team lacks of Mega Salamence checks, the Facade set can easily switch in front of Primal Groudon or Ho-Oh and, as we all know, the burn is a benefit for this huge threat which 2HKOes Magearna after Stealth Rock and procedes to sweep the rest of your team.
+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 222-262 (60.9 - 71.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Secondly, defensive Yveltal is not good and doesn't fit at all. I understand that Ekiller is another notable threat but trust me, the bacon bird is amazing as offensive pokemon and this is definitely a waste of moveslot, you should really consider a different set for it.

Alright, the solution to deal in a better way versus the aforementioned threats are:
  • Replace Landorus-T and use Giratina-O instead. This change will help you vs opposing Ekiller and, at the same time, it works as an excelent PDon check, it is also a nice defogger which means that Arceus-Water is free to use Ice Beam improving the match up against Mega Salamence and Dragon-types in general.
  • The next suggestion is about Yveltal, as I previously mentioned the defensive set is just bad, since the replacement of Landorus leaves the team weak to Psychic Terrain the best option for Yveltal is giving to it the Choice Scarf item, this is a pretry cool revenge killer in SuMo as it can outspeed very common threats such as Deoxys-A, Solgaleo, Lunala etc; it survives to Extreme Speed from Ekiller and can revenge another SD Arceus formes.
Small suggestions~
  • Consider Substitute>Earthquake on Ho-Oh, is very fun to use and a headache for those defensive teams that don't usually have Ho-Oh's checks.
  • For more offensive presence I slightly recommend you to use the offensive SR set on Primal Groudon, in my opinion you don't need to run full SpD since you already have well coveraged the defensive side.
+

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 Atk / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Shadow Sneak
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Force

Yveltal @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 32 HP / 4 Def / 248 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest Nature
- Foul Play
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- U-turn

Hope I helped, good luck with the team! =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)