Tournament MAMP's Multi-Meta Mashup Minitour - Won by Quantum Tesseract!

Oh true, forgot to post here, but I'm calling activity, VM'd my opponent twice and didn't get a single response, even tho said opponent was online.

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
Round 5 (loser's bracket)

Next to each pairing is the metagame you will be playing, and below is a hide tag with details about the metagame and where you can play it. Make sure you read the details in the hide tag

Balanced Hackmons - Thread (with sample teams), Resources
Monotype - Subforum, Sample teams
Almost Any Ability - Thread, Resources (with sample teams)
Sketchmons - Thread (with sample teams), Resources
Mix and Mega - Thread, Resources (with sample teams)
Anything Goes - Thread, Resources (with sample teams)
1v1 - Thread, Resources (with sample teams)

(Exploudit vs. Rumors - 1v1 with all Pokemon with BST>450 banned Bo5) vs. partys over - Dual Wielding 1v1 (Bo5) (play on rom.psim.us)
Chloe vs. Squawkerz - Mix and Mega with Shadow Tag banned
ihhca vs. wishes - Monotype with only RU legal Pokemon
SuperSkylake vs. Chazm - Full Potential with no Item Clause (play on rom.psim.us or main if you play before lcotm ladder goes down)
lost heros vs. Akumeoy - Anything Goes with no megas
Laxpras vs. Silver_Lucario42 - Gen 6 STABmons

POST REPLAYS

DEADLINE IS THIS TIME NEXT WEEK. IF YOU NEED AN EXTENSION LET ME (MAMP) KNOW

PLAY ON ROM, SMOGTOURS, OR MAIN SERVER PLEASE

Tfw when half the teams you build for this tour didn't even get to be used :(

Nonetheless, a free win is a free win, so I'll gladly take it.

Yeah, I actually stopped building teams until my opponents replied, which they usually didn't, since crash course learning a meta, crash course learning what would be good an in unusual variant of that meta, and then building a competitive team for it all the while trying to schedule a match that gives me time to do that and fits neatly with my and my opponent's schedule in a week is extremely hard. This week I was distracted by the BH Snake Tourny and by the time I remembered to do this one, only had a couple of days to do that without just slapping some crappy team together in five minutes. >.>

For the record, I think the concept of this tournament is cool and neat and a good idea. But I think any future iterations should be more limited in scope to variations of a single OM rather than all the popular ones so that it's less stressful for participants, especially those of us like myself who only know a couple of metas and were hoping to play those we actually understood.

MAMP

MAMP!
Exploudit vs partys over - Dual Wielding 1v1 Bo5 (Play on rom.psim.us)

Rumors I've been thinking about that a bit and I agree that this tournament format perhaps asks a bit too much of its participants. If I do this again I'll consider tweaking it a bit to make it a bit less tedious. I'm open to feedback/ideas regarding this btw yall

Exploudit vs partys over - Dual Wielding 1v1 Bo5 (Play on rom.psim.us)

Rumors I've been thinking about that a bit and I agree that this tournament format perhaps asks a bit too much of its participants. If I do this again I'll consider tweaking it a bit to make it a bit less tedious. I'm open to feedback/ideas regarding this btw yall
If you do this again, perhaps limit it to metagames without arbitrary rule changes? At least then the sample teams and viability rankings for those metagames can be used to better effect. Also, perhaps allow for multiple people to submit the same metagame, and repeated metagames go into the pool extra times.

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
Round 6

Next to each pairing is the metagame you will be playing, and below is a hide tag with details about the metagame and where you can play it. Make sure you read the details in the hide tag

Balanced Hackmons - Thread (with sample teams), Resources
Monotype - Subforum, Sample teams
Almost Any Ability - Thread, Resources (with sample teams)
Sketchmons - Thread (with sample teams), Resources
Mix and Mega - Thread, Resources (with sample teams)
Anything Goes - Thread, Resources (with sample teams)
1v1 - Thread, Resources (with sample teams)

Winner's Bracket

Quantum Tesseract vs. Megazard - Balanced Hackmons with Psychic Surge banned
jasprose vs. Kris - Godly Gift (play on rom.psim.us)
TylerWithNumbers vs. chartung17 - Nature Swap 1v1 (play on rom.psim.us)

Loser's Bracket

Chazm vs. lost heros - Monotype with hazards banned
Chloe vs. (Exploudit vs. partys over - Dual Wielding 1v1) - Balanced Hackmons with all Pokemon with BST > 569 banned
Silver_Lucario42 vs. ihhca - Ultimate Z 1v1 (Bo5)

POST REPLAYS

DEADLINE IS THIS TIME NEXT WEEK. IF YOU NEED AN EXTENSION LET ME (MAMP) KNOW

PLAY ON ROM, SMOGTOURS, OR MAIN SERVER PLEASE

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)