Mansion Mafia

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
OK, I asked Gmax, he said this was alright to do.

Mansion Mafia! This was mentioned in the Smog, and it piqued my interest. So basically, what exactly would be the mansion concept(for my game at least)?

I am including a map of the "mansion" here. Basically, people choose their targets, but the action succeeds only if the person is in their room. About yellow spaces, that's where you all come in! I need help deciding what to with them. Same applies for turqoise places.

This is still a beta map, but the no. of rooms is fixed(on EW's recommendation).

So yeah, what will this have other than a normal mafia?

-Mekkah's Unicycle System. It helps to add to a very important factor in the game, moving between rooms(partially flavour reasons). It also complements another concept which I am implementing here, due to it fitting well.

-UncleSam's MMBN game's Jack In/Jack Out - This works well here. Essentially, if you Jack In, you can use a powerful role(my personal opinion) but cannot move during the night, while if you Jack Out, you can use a "weaker" role(both will be mentioned in the role PM), but can move during the night(to an adjacent room which is connected by a passage). This ties in well with the Unicycle System, as you can move in order to avoid an action(this has high p. high priority), while still managing to use a role, albeit a "weak" one.

-Exarius and Accent's MGS' CODEC system and multiple factions- This game will require a lot of anonymous messaging, due to a fact I'll get to soon. CODEC seems a good way to do this(will probably rename it to suit the theme, so please Exa and Accent, credits to you!). Also, there will be multiple factions, which tie in well with this, as it would probably be a bit overpowered if it was a 2v1/1v1 standard game.

-Amelia's We Don't Need No Mafia's WCs style- This ties in well IMO with the multiple faction system. Since each faction will have different numbers, it makes things a bit more fair.

So yeah, next, what will this entail:-

1.This will be pretty fast-paced. Also, the mansion concept means that there is a buffer for both the mafia and any person who decides to be a "village leader". The game ends only when no more factions can win, to make it fair.

2.People in the middle room during the cycle have a mayor vote,. This means a person can get mayor votes for crucial situations.

3.Suggestions will be appreciated! I know this probably isn't perfect, so help me improve on it!

4.WCs will be present in OP, so as to cause no confusion.

Why not give the other rooms special effects?

Example: Corner rooms let you know who is in the two rooms down any straight path?

Also, why not make Yellow Spaces be for the Jack in/Jack out variant: in = in the rooms, out = in the yellow spaces?

Please, no more mafia with a Pokémon theme.

-Amelia's We Don't Need No Mafia's WCs style- This ties in well IMO with the multiple faction system. Since each faction will have different numbers, it makes things a bit more fair.
I prefer MGS over WDNN wc-wise. Harder to guess exact WCs.

Destiny Warrior

@AG: Noted. I'm thinking of making the corner rooms allow you to hit anybody in an adjacent room too. How would that work out?

About Yellow Spaces, they are actually blank spaces between rooms. I'm debating about adding a "shop" aspect in each of the yellow spaces, with different items sold in each. It would need fleshing out though, suggestions are welcome!

@Mekkah: lol, noted.

WCs will be announced in the OP, don't worry.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Um, excuse me? This was not only asim's idea from the beginning but asim and I have been working on the game for a couple of months now....

Destiny Warrior

Nobody told me about that. Either way, I don't see a rule saying there can't be 2 games with the same experimental concept.

You guys seemed to not be working, so I thought of doing it. I'm not stopping you from hosting a Mansion Mafia game, mine is slightly different from what yours will probably be...

Nobody told me about that. Either way, I don't see a rule saying there can't be 2 games with the same experimental concept.
See: Me and Amelia with 2-village games.

Also, I would prefer the MGS-system with WCs (no bias). More variation, instead of "kill X and y". And I would be willing to work on this/co-host this with you after FtM is over, though I would need to get a fast rundown on the Jack in/jack out-system.

this idea was first invented by dogfish44 in the form of hotel mafia anyway stop spreading lies you loins

Destiny Warrior

@Nook And Rodan.: Seriously? I never said this was my idea...

@THE_IRON_KENYAN: I'm not going to. I'd appreciate if a mod removed the bracketed portion of the thread title.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)