Mega-Mawile+Zygarde Team
1531927731123.png
1531927707039.png
1531927641308.png
1531927660524.png
1531927682484.png
1531927750045.png

Introduction:
Hello everybody, I wanted to make a bulky offense team based around the core of mega-mawile and zygarde because I feel those mons compliment each other well. The purpose of this team is to eliminate the threats to zygarde and hopefully sweep.

The Team:
1531927701121.png

Zygarde @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance

Zygarde is the main sweeper of this team. It has good bulk and has a large offensive presence. I opted for dragonium Z as a mean of breaking through tangrowth. It can also threaten some of the steal types which mega-mawile struggle to break through. It has good coverage and thousand arrows always hits hard on other mons therefore I chose it as my primary sweeper.

1531927731123.png
Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

I've always wanted to experience the sheer power of a +2 huge power mega-mawile so i decided to use it here. Mega-mawile is an amazing wall-breaker and can easily set up and punch holes in teams if not straight up sweep them. It pairs well with zygarde and can often remove some of zygarde's threats, opening many opportunities for zygarde to sweep. It can always set up on more passive mons and is an unstoppable monster when at +2.

1531927641308.png
Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power Ice
- U-turn

Landorus-T is one of the best mons in the current meta. I chose it because i need a solid defogger and a ground immunity. Intimidate often comes in handy when against mega-medicham and u-turn support is always good to bring in free switch-ins to keep the momentum and put pressure on the opponent. It can also deal with dragon types such as zygarde. I also needed a good physical wall to make my team more balanced.

1531927660524.png

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 176 Atk / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot

I chose greninja because i needed a form of speed control. Greninja is my revenge killer in this team and can take out volcarona which this team struggles against. I opted gunk shot over spikes because i wanted greninja to be able to hit tapus for reliable damage. It is also used as a way to keep momentum as it threatens out a lot of pokemon, allowing me to bring in good switch-ins.

1531927682484.png

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power Ice
- Earthquake

Tangrowth is the main pivot in my team. It is my special wall and resists a lot of threats. It can constantly switch in and out due to regenerator and keeps up momentum. It is my check to water, grass and electric types and to the tapus. It works very well with heatran as they cover each others weaknesses. Those two and landorus form the defensive back-bone of my team.

1531927750045.png

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

I chose heatran because i needed a reliable rocker. Heatran is my main stall breaker and can counter most opposing fire types. It pairs extremely well with tangrowth. Heatran can check most of the steel types which threaten my team and provides constant chip with magma storm.

Conclusion:
Thank you for taking time out and reading this. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power Ice
- U-turn

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 176 Atk / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot

Zygarde @ Dragonium Z
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance

Mawile @ Mawilite
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power Ice
- Earthquake

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Overview

This is a very solid bulky offense build. It's extremely similar to aim's team in Smogon WCOP Finals. That in mind, some of my changes will be based on that team, as it functions slightly better than this team at the moment. This team can slightly struggle against Kartana and Mega Pinsir. Both are best answered by Greninja (the former can also be checked by Tangrowth, but set up and get out of hand). There's also not enough forms of chip damage for your setup sweeper, Zygarde, and cleaner, Mawile, to do much work against their checks in the late-game. For example, Scizor-Mega faces little pressure from this team, excluding Heatran's Magma Storms, but it is never punished when it comes in on something such as Tangrowth or a U-turn from Greninja.

Major Changes

>

Tornadus-Therian offers a far faster Defog user. Tangrowth solidly checks Zygarde for the team, and you even have Greninja with Protean Ice Beam to provide additional insurance. Tornadus can OHKO Kartana with its Hurricane, and doesn't fear Mega Pinsir. Not even its Quick Attack after Stealth Rock is enough to OHKO you. Tornadus will be able to get off Knock Off against several Pokemon like Celesteela or Zapdos, which helps Mawile-Mega for late-game cleaning or mid-game wallbreaking.
Tornadus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog

Minor Changes

Choice Band > Dragon Dance

With Choice Band, Zygarde now acts as a wallbreaker for the team rather than a setup sweeper. This wallbreaking ability is all to help the likely Mega Mawile sweep in the late-game. Due to Zygarde's natural bulk, it can find opportunities to come in on Pokemon such as Charizard-Mega-Y and force them out with a powerful banded attack. A later change, which adds Spikes onto Greninja, is great in tandem with Banded Zygarde, as it becomes a lot easier to break its usual checks. As far as the last moveslot goes, Glare can be used to put pressure onto Mega Scizor. Toxic has its uses, too, as it punishes Pokemon like Tangrowth and Tapu Bulu.
Zygarde @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Toxic / Glare

Spikes > Gunk Shot

Adding Spikes on Greninja is intended to punish bulkier Pokemon. It lessens how many times a Pokemon can switch in safely, which is great for powerful breakers like Mawile and Zygarde. Gunk doesn't offer much over Rock Slide. Rock Slide gives you extra insurance against Volcarona, while Gunk Shot mainly targets Clefable and the Tapus, which your Steel-types and other teammates can handle.

Steelium Z > Utility

This Heatran set allows Heatran to beat Mega Latios on the switch, and it will also OHKO Alakazam-Mega, which normally walls. It runs Modest to ensure that these benchmarks are possible, so it'll be slower than most opposing Heatran. It can still keep Stealth Rock, too. Heatran will lose that stallbreaker role ultimately due to a loss of Magma Storm and Taunt.
Heatran @ Steelium Z
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock

==

I'd also try testing out SD + Synthesis Tapu Bulu over Tangrowth, since Tapu Bulu and Heatran have amazing synergy. Due to the major change of Tornadus-Therian over Landorus-Therian, Tapu Bulu's Grassy Terrain has no drawbacks to the team. It's more likely to force in Pokemon like Scizor-Mega, as Scizor has nothing to fear from Tapu Bulu, but that only invites Heatran in. Spikes damage could be accumulating, and as long as you keep up the offensive momentum, a late-game sweep with Mega Mawile should be easy. Tangrowth has its uses for sure, though, so I'd still personally recommend it for this build thanks to Earthquake being able to hit Heatran harder than Bulu's Superpower.

1531956690063.png (replay; aim vs. blarghlfarghl for WCOP)

(click me!)

This rated version is basically the team aim used in WCOP finals with some likely EV differences and potentially different move choices. Both teams were extremely similar, though, so I felt transforming your team into a very similar build was the best course of action. If you want the team to remain unique, perhaps try making your Landorus-Therian faster than the usual defensive variant. It could outpace Heatran, for example. You could even try out Gliscor. Let me know any questions you have regarding my rate, and I hope I helped!

Overview

This is a very solid bulky offense build. It's extremely similar to aim's team in Smogon WCOP Finals. That in mind, some of my changes will be based on that team, as it functions slightly better than this team at the moment. This team can slightly struggle against Kartana and Mega Pinsir. Both are best answered by Greninja (the former can also be checked by Tangrowth, but set up and get out of hand). There's also not enough forms of chip damage for your setup sweeper, Zygarde, and cleaner, Mawile, to do much work against their checks in the late-game. For example, Scizor-Mega faces little pressure from this team, excluding Heatran's Magma Storms, but it is never punished when it comes in on something such as Tangrowth or a U-turn from Greninja.

Major Changes

>

Tornadus-Therian offers a far faster Defog user. Tangrowth solidly checks Zygarde for the team, and you even have Greninja with Protean Ice Beam to provide additional insurance. Tornadus can OHKO Kartana with its Hurricane, and doesn't fear Mega Pinsir. Not even its Quick Attack after Stealth Rock is enough to OHKO you. Tornadus will be able to get off Knock Off against several Pokemon like Celesteela or Zapdos, which helps Mawile-Mega for late-game cleaning or mid-game wallbreaking.
Tornadus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog

Minor Changes

Choice Band > Dragon Dance

With Choice Band, Zygarde now acts as a wallbreaker for the team rather than a setup sweeper. This wallbreaking ability is all to help the likely Mega Mawile sweep in the late-game. Due to Zygarde's natural bulk, it can find opportunities to come in on Pokemon such as Charizard-Mega-Y and force them out with a powerful banded attack. A later change, which adds Spikes onto Greninja, is great in tandem with Banded Zygarde, as it becomes a lot easier to break its usual checks. As far as the last moveslot goes, Glare can be used to put pressure onto Mega Scizor. Toxic has its uses, too, as it punishes Pokemon like Tangrowth and Tapu Bulu.
Zygarde @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Toxic / Glare

Spikes > Gunk Shot

Adding Spikes on Greninja is intended to punish bulkier Pokemon. It lessens how many times a Pokemon can switch in safely, which is great for powerful breakers like Mawile and Zygarde. Gunk doesn't offer much over Rock Slide. Rock Slide gives you extra insurance against Volcarona, while Gunk Shot mainly targets Clefable and the Tapus, which your Steel-types and other teammates can handle.

Steelium Z > Utility

This Heatran set allows Heatran to beat Mega Latios on the switch, and it will also OHKO Alakazam-Mega, which normally walls. It runs Modest to ensure that these benchmarks are possible, so it'll be slower than most opposing Heatran. It can still keep Stealth Rock, too. Heatran will lose that stallbreaker role ultimately due to a loss of Magma Storm and Taunt.
Heatran @ Steelium Z
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock

==

I'd also try testing out SD + Synthesis Tapu Bulu over Tangrowth, since Tapu Bulu and Heatran have amazing synergy. Due to the major change of Tornadus-Therian over Landorus-Therian, Tapu Bulu's Grassy Terrain has no drawbacks to the team. It's more likely to force in Pokemon like Scizor-Mega, as Scizor has nothing to fear from Tapu Bulu, but that only invites Heatran in. Spikes damage could be accumulating, and as long as you keep up the offensive momentum, a late-game sweep with Mega Mawile should be easy. Tangrowth has its uses for sure, though, so I'd still personally recommend it for this build thanks to Earthquake being able to hit Heatran harder than Bulu's Superpower.

View attachment 128378 (replay; aim vs. blarghlfarghl for WCOP)

(click me!)

This rated version is basically the team aim used in WCOP finals with some likely EV differences and potentially different move choices. Both teams were extremely similar, though, so I felt transforming your team into a very similar build was the best course of action. If you want the team to remain unique, perhaps try making your Landorus-Therian faster than the usual defensive variant. It could outpace Heatran, for example. You could even try out Gliscor. Let me know any questions you have regarding my rate, and I hope I helped!
Thank you very much for these suggestions.I will definitely try them out and add as synthesis bulu. Once again thank you very much for taking time to rate this team.

I strongly second all of the previous suggestions. I think Bulu is definitely still worth testing out, but I think it's also worth noting that Tornadus-T forms a solid Regenerator core with Tangrowth. Great job on this team, I think I want to try it out myself! My only bit of criticism is that you may want to try out something like Thunder Punch over Knock Off on Mawile just for more coverage considering you otherwise would have Knock Off on Mawile, Tangrowth, and Tornadus-T on these given sets. Albeit Mawile hits the hardest with Knock Off out of the three, but I can't help but feel that there is a bit too much redundancy for an item removal utility move and I think Mawile is the most flexible of the three to slot in another coverage move.

I strongly second all of the previous suggestions. I think Bulu is definitely still worth testing out, but I think it's also worth noting that Tornadus-T forms a solid Regenerator core with Tangrowth. Great job on this team, I think I want to try it out myself! My only bit of criticism is that you may want to try out something like Thunder Punch over Knock Off on Mawile just for more coverage considering you otherwise would have Knock Off on Mawile, Tangrowth, and Tornadus-T on these given sets. Albeit Mawile hits the hardest with Knock Off out of the three, but I can't help but feel that there is a bit too much redundancy for an item removal utility move and I think Mawile is the most flexible of the three to slot in another coverage move.
Will definitely try thunder punch instead of knock off.Thank you for the comment and help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)