SM OU Mega Scizor Wonky Offense

landorus-therian.gif
magnezone.gif
mantine.gif
scizor-mega.gif
tapulele.gif
zygarde.gif

This is my second Rate-My-Team and this time I'm attempting to use a mega that I never have used before

Hammerhead (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 220 HP / 240 Def / 48 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

This is my main ground type check as if should rightfully be. This team has a problem with Mega Charizard X, Zygarde, Double Dance Landorus-T etc. This team also needed rocks. Landorus-Therian happens to blanket cover all of that. It also allows me to gain momentum with U-Turn forcing out opponents like Heatran and Magnezone with a risk of Earthquake, and using that to setup rocks or get off a U-Turn allowing Zygarde to come in and take those out. Hidden Power Ice is for other Landorus-Therians, Zygarde, Garchomp etc. It is also able to beat Marowak-Alola which isn't very common but checks both Mega Scizor and Magnezone. I was debating running Knock Off to remove Shed Shell from things like Celesteela or Skarmory, and Sludge Wave for things like Tapu Bulu, but I don't know what to remove. 48 Speed is used to outspeed 252 Modest Magearna before a Shift Gear. The rest of the EVs are self-explanatory.

Attractive (Magnezone) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 132 HP / 252 SpA / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch

AV Magnezone allows me to trap things like Celesteela, Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Mega Scizor, and itself which will be extremely useful for Mega Scizor to clean. Enough speed investment to outspeed uninvested Mega Scizor and Assault Vest allows me to check Tapu Lele much better which can keep opposing Psychic Terrain from disrupting Scizor. Yes, I know my own Psychic Terrain also blocks Scizor's Bullet Punch but I'll find a way to coordinate it.

Don't Find Nemo (Mantine) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 208 SpD
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Scald
- Defog
- Haze

Mantine, my main Ash-Greninja check, Manaphy check, Zard Y check, etc. I used this thing on my other Rate My Team, and I instantly fell in love with it as a defogger. Gives me a ground immunity which my team desperately needs. Gives me defog which every team should have. The only thing with this is the lack of Ice resistance.
Also allows me to beat volcarona reliably. Unless it is Electrium Z Wild Charge or some crazy off-meta set.

Jawbreaker (Scizor-Mega) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Atk / 120 Def / 16 SpD / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Roost

This is the standard Swords Dance Mega Scizor set you see on the smogon database. (I'm sorry for using it but I didn't have an idea what this mon does most of the time so I just used it. Only the first time I promise.) The rest of the team is kind of centralized around this and beating ts numerous checks.

Egghead (Tapu Lele) @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast

Tapu Lele. I haven't used this mon since prebank but it sure has changed. Scarf used to be really good. Now it isn't. So I decided to run this Fightinium Z set that I made. Max Speed to tie Banded Zygarde and Jolly DDance sets. Calm Mind is self-explanatory. Focus Blast is of course for taking out steel threats like Stakataka without a boost and heavily damage Magearna especially. Moonblast for stab and beating dragons.

Z Chromosome (Zygarde) @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Toxic
- Extreme Speed

CB Zygarde to beat the numerous steels that annoy the living ... life out of Mega Scizor. Beats Thundurus, Celesteela, Skarmory, Stakataka, Alolan Marowak etc. Toxic for things like Tangrowth. I love this especially because it baits in Clefable and other fairies which are Mega Scizor setup fodder.

I know those were really short explanations compared to my last one but I felt most of the sets didn't require much explaining. Here are things I would like help on.

-A good rocker that can resist ground that doesn't add another 4x Ice weakness that I can use over Landorus-Therian
-Help on a lele set I can use more to deal chip damage more so Calm Mind sweep. Preferably without a choice item
-It just loses to Kartana. Can I sacrifice Tapu Lele for a Kartana check? If so which one?

Last edited:

Chokepic

You're a choker if you say you've never choked
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey, cool team!

Axel10 (i think u know him) uses a team that changes scizor to tran and zyg to mega-venu, I would do this change.

If you do that put specs zone and scarf lele.

hey, so this team caught my eye considering its similar to a team i made a while back myself. you did pretty well with using mega scizor for the first time so kudos to you. however, with your build, there a few changes I would seriously consider for the subjective betterment of your team.

major change
>

i understand why you'd like to have magnezone on this type of build, but it just doesn't do enough for you to dedicate the teamslot to. your team doesn't exactly necessitate it to trap steel-types when you aren't particularly weak to any. by running choice specs tapu koko in its stead, you gain a supplementary powerful breaker and you gain a great source of raw speed for revenge killing threats such as kartana, greninja, mega medicham, etc.
Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Fire
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch / U-turn

minor changes
-> Scarf
a scarfer is pretty much a necessity on most teams and choice scarf tapu lele would be the easiest and most logical change. contrary to what you believed, choice scarf tapu lele is a right good set and works very well alongside mantine as it blocks volcarona near completely. your original set, while nice, fit pretty lacklusterly and scarf is the next best choice. the last slot is a wild card as it's generally a free slot in my eyes. nature's madness gives you a good general move to use that hacks 50% off anything that comes in, while aromatherapy works if you find yourself struggling with status conditions the most.
Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power Fire
- Nature's Madness / Aromatherapy

-> Dragon Dance
this is more of a suggestion since choice band is fine in itself, but give dragon dance zygarde a try. it works fantastically well alongside mega scizor, which works more as a breaker in this situation is zygarde were to be a dragon dance variant. it blasts through most grass and fairy-types, while also weakening stuff like defensive landorus-t so you can save the z crystal for other things. it could honestly go either way, band leaves you with two immediate breakers with a sole sweeper, while dragon dance gives you a sweeper alongside a boosting breaker than could sweep for itself and an immediate breaker. it depends upon what you like more.
Zygarde @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed

overall, you're team had all the right ideas in mind when building, I hope my suggestions help you out :)

Reactions: Wob
I Think your team could benefit a lot of tapu fini instead of mantine because of its misty surge allowing you to not have any status conditions. Plus you can use it for taunt,defog or haze and it`s up to you plus it has scald. Even though mantine got water absorb and ground immunity this thing doesn`t really take too much damange from ground moves anyways.

I Think your team could benefit a lot of tapu fini instead of mantine because of its misty surge allowing you to not have any status conditions. Plus you can use it for taunt,defog or haze and it`s up to you plus it has scald. Even though mantine got water absorb and ground immunity this thing doesn`t really take too much damange from ground moves anyways.
No. Tapu Fini is actually not that good. Tapu fini is one of those mons that sound amazing on paper that end up not being that great in practice. Mantine is way better as it walls much more and has reliable recovery. Tapu Fini is just extremly easy to wear down and it’s honeslty just not that good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)