SM OU Mega Venusaur Team

So this is the team i'm using right now, It's a powerful team, but I think I need some changes, what should I do?

The Team is
MVenusaur.png

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 156 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I haven't seen MSaur much on competitive battling, and i just think MSaur is a great mon. With the ability to wall against nearly all of the tapus and OHKO them with sludge bomb, the ability to have Thick Fat which halves nearly all of MSaur's weaknesses damage, and more. Mega Venusaur is just a perfect wall to have on your team and that's why i built around MSaur.
485.png

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 36 SpA / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Toxic

Heatran synergises, in my opinion, excellently with Tapu Fini, with Tapu Fini taking Fighting-type moves and being a last resort switch-in to Ground types, with Heatran providing immunities to Poison-types and a resistance to Grass. Flash Cannon to fairy pkm, Lava Plume with 30% Burn, i Think it's better thant Flamethower, and Earth Power to another Heatran.
B2W2Art_642.png

Thundurus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Incinerate
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Ice]

The Star of the team, Thundurus is the pkm that I like most in this team, cuz he fits perfect for most of pkm, except for mega Swampert. Incinerate for Steel and Grass pkm, Thunderbolt for the rest, and HPIce for Ground pkm. I prefer this version, because the ability Volt Absorb. I do not want to use prankster and Thunder wave, so I choose this version, only because it is more powerful

445.png

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Fang

The Pokemon to solve my problems, Garchomp it is the pkm to eliminate some dificulties that I may have, with his high speed, and high attack, he can solve some problem that i may have, such Mega Lopunny, and another fighters pkm, and Tapu Koko, so I think it the right choice, but I friend of mine suggest that I use Zygard with Coil, or Dragon Dance so idk, what i should do.

S_676221-MLB20746475814_052016-O.jpg

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpD
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Toxic
- Protect
- Wish

My Nurse, this is a OP, heal all my pkm, and use toxic to be a badass, and provoke the other player, he is a pain in the ass, so any problem with Special Attack I have, I use him. Psyshock it is not a problem, with Toxic, wish and Protect, so i think it all cover.

788.png

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Defog

My other Nurse, with Defog to clear space to Thundurus, and all contact moves are cover, so it not a problem, and Dragon types are cover, with misty terrain that reduce his power. Ice Beam to compete against Landourus, Scald to Heatran, Moonblast to Dark, and Dragon types

What your thoughts?​

Hey very cool team! There's a couple of suboptimal choices peppered through though.

Firstly, replace Heal Bell on Chansey with Stealth Rocks. Rocks are mandatory on any team that wants to be taken even semi-seriously. You also have Misty Terrain to avoid status anyway and a lot of switch ins to status moves, 2 immune to Toxic, 2 immune to Thunder Wave, Heatran for Will-O-Wisp and Chansey has Natural Cure. Rocks is the far superior choice.

Heatran, use Magma Storm over Lava Plume, this allows you to trap and remove more passive Pokémon, this is very important as in conjunction with Earth Power it allows you to trap and remove Toxapex. Taunt should be used over Flash Cannon to stop Toxapex, Chansey and Venusaur from recovering health so you can beat them 1v1, you also have Venusaur to hit Fairy types other than Magearna and Tapu Lele. Flash Cannon is pretty redundant against these two as Magma Storm does more to Magearna and both moves 2HKO Lele.

This far from makes your team perfect, however fixes the most noticeable issues to start, I would also recommend adding a full importable, or at least icons on the top of your team, so it is easier to judge at a glance.

Edit: yeah add Z Move to Thundurus. I was meant to say that as well I forgot while writing lol

Last edited:
So this is the team i'm using right now, It's a powerful team, but I think I need some changes, what should I do?

The Team is
View attachment 105572

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 156 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I haven't seen MSaur much on competitive battling, and i just think MSaur is a great mon. With the ability to wall against nearly all of the tapus and OHKO them with sludge bomb, the ability to have Thick Fat which halves nearly all of MSaur's weaknesses damage, and more. Mega Venusaur is just a perfect wall to have on your team and that's why i built around MSaur.
View attachment 105573
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 36 SpA / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Toxic

Heatran synergises, in my opinion, excellently with Tapu Fini, with Tapu Fini taking Fighting-type moves and being a last resort switch-in to Ground types, with Heatran providing immunities to Poison-types and a resistance to Grass. Flash Cannon to fairy pkm, Lava Plume with 30% Burn, i Think it's better thant Flamethower, and Earth Power to another Heatran.
View attachment 105574

Thundurus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Incinerate
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Ice]

The Star of the team, Thundurus is the pkm that I like most in this team, cuz he fits perfect for most of pkm, except for mega Swampert. Incinerate for Steel and Grass pkm, Thunderbolt for the rest, and HPIce for Ground pkm. I prefer this version, because the ability Volt Absorb. I do not want to use prankster and Thunder wave, so I choose this version, only because it is more powerful

View attachment 105575

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Fang

The Pokemon to solve my problems, Garchomp it is the pkm to eliminate some dificulties that I may have, with his high speed, and high attack, he can solve some problem that i may have, such Mega Lopunny, and another fighters pkm, and Tapu Koko, so I think it the right choice, but I friend of mine suggest that I use Zygard with Coil, or Dragon Dance so idk, what i should do.

View attachment 105576

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpD
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Toxic
- Protect
- Wish

My Nurse, this is a OP, heal all my pkm, and use toxic to be a badass, and provoke the other player, he is a pain in the ass, so any problem with Special Attack I have, I use him. Psyshock it is not a problem, with Toxic, wish and Protect, so i think it all cover.

View attachment 105577
Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Defog

My other Nurse, with Defog to clear space to Thundurus, and all contact moves are cover, so it not a problem, and Dragon types are cover, with misty terrain that reduce his power. Ice Beam to compete against Landourus, Scald to Heatran, Moonblast to Dark, and Dragon types

What your thoughts?​
I won't give a full review of your team as I do agree with the changes above. The one thing I would recommend changing is using a Z move over leftovers on thundurus. You are using it as a breaker or sweeper so I would suggest Electrium Z to nuke certain Pokemon like Heatran or chunk down Av mag at +2. I haven't run any calcs so you will have to play test it. You could even run firium Z if you wanted to plough through venusaur more easily for example. So yeah test out which Z-move you prefer if I have time I will add calcs to this post

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)