Megas For All: V4! (Voting - Lickilicky, Togekiss, Dusknoir)

Would you guys be interested if I had MFA include Gen 8 mons when it comes out?

• Total voters

Eve

taking a break
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Community Leader
As the people on the Discord will most likely know, I'm going on holiday until Monday. Sadly I forgot to give anyone the server files so unless I get an opportunity to do so from some random free WiFi spot (still not sure it would be possible), the test server won't be available until Saturday. I doubt anyone cares too much anyways, which is lucky for me. Anyhows, I really need to go sleep if I'm gonna wake up first thing. Happy voting! (Seeing as I'll miss it)

Last edited:
All the Tapus have the same stat distribution: +30 to the highest stat, +25 to the second highest, +20 to the middle, +15 for the second lowest, +10 to the lowest stat.

Mega Tapu Koko
New Typing: Electric/Fairy
New Ability: Electric Surge ---> Bird's Eye View (Flying Steelworker)
New Stats:
HP: 70
Attack: 115 ---> 140 (+25)
Defense: 85 ---> 100 (+15)
Special Attack: 95 ---> 115 (+20)
Special Defense: 75 ---> 85 (+10)
Speed: 130 ---> 160 (+30)
New Moves: Play Rough, Zing Zap, Moonblast, Ice Beam, Charge Beam, Helping Hand
Description: I went with something that could benefit from a pre-Mega ability along with good dual STABs and coverage for special sets. Set Terrain, Mega Evolve, and then Triple STAB. Helping Hand is dex flavor

Mega Tapu Bulu
New Typing: Grass/Fairy
New Ability: Grassy Surge ---> Reckless
New Stats:
Attack: 130 ---> 160 (+30)
Defense: 115 ---> 140 (+25)
Special Attack: 85 ---> 100 (+15)
Special Defense: 95 ---> 115 (+20)
Speed: 75 ---> 85 (+10)
New Moves: Play Rough, Submission, Elemental Punches, High Horsepower, Stomping Tantrum, Head Smash, Head Charge, Bind, Constrict, Wild Charge
Description: It too has Play Rough for a physical Fairy STAB, along with Reckless Submission for Steel-types, High Horsepower for Celesteela and Fire Punch for Celesteela. Luckily, it can sustain with Horn Leech and Grassy Surge pre-mega. Bind and Constrict are dex entry inspired.

Mega Tapu Lele
New Typing: Psychic/Fairy
New Ability: Psychic Surge ---> Prankster
New Stats:
Attack: 85 ---> 100 (+15)
Defense: 75 ---> 85 (+10)
Special Attack: 130 ---> 160 (+30)
Special Defense: 115 ---> 140 (+25)
Speed: 95 ---> 115 (+20)
New Moves: Will-O-Wisp, Heart Swap, Psycho Boost, Fleur Cannon, Hypnosis, Thunder Wave, Nasty Plot, Confuse Ray, Petal Dance, Flower Shield
Description: I imagined Lele as a prankster, so I went that route with the Mega. Heart Swap is to be used with Psycho Boost and/or Fleur Cannon to get rid of the stat drops. I also gave it a support movepool to use with Prankster, and Petal Dance, along with Flower Shield is dex flavor.

Mega Tapu Fini
New Typing: Water/Fairy
New Ability: Misty Surge ---> Natural Cure
New Stats:
Attack: 75 ---> 85 (+10)
Defense: 115 ---> 140 (+25)
Special Attack: 95 ---> 115 (+20)
Special Defense: 130 ---> 160 (+30)
Speed: 85 ---> 100 (+15)
New Moves: Shore Up
Description: I took an unorthodox route and gave it an ability to take advantage of when Terrain wears off, along with Shore Up so it doesn't get worn down.

Last edited:
Koko: BlazikenMasters2, Ezaphs, Kopelemon
Lele: Sereg, Ezaphs, Kopelemon
Bulu: KirbyRider1337, MaceMaster, Kopelemon
Fini: Kadabrium, Ninetails Dragons, Kopelemon

Also please look over my post again if you haven't recently, I changed it a whole ton

Koko: Six Trails, Exploudit, KirbyRider1337
Lele: Six Trails, Exploudit, KirbyRider1337
Bulu: Six Trails, Exploudit, KirbyRider1337
Fini: Six Trails, Exploudit, KirbyRider1337

Koko: Heavyweapons Mann, Explodit, Kopelemon

Lele: Phoenix_Alchemist, Explodit, Kopelemon

Bulu: Explodit, Six Trails, Heavyweapons Mann

Fini: Six Trails, Explodit, Kopelemon

Koko: Heavyweapons Mann, KirbyRider1337, Exploudit
Lele: Exploudit, KirbyRider1337, MaceMaster
Bulu: Exploudit, KirbyRider1337, Ticktock
Fini: Exploudit, KirbyRider1337, MaceMaster

Slate Suggestion: Version Exclusive UBs (from both games)

Last edited:
Tapu Bulu

1. Exploudit
2. Ticktock
3. Ezaphs

Tapu Fini

1. Exploudit
2. Ticktock
3. Heavyweapons Mann

Tapu Koko

1. Exploudit
2. SixTrails
3. Heavyweapons Mann

Tapu Lele

1. Exploudit
2. Heavyweapons Mann
3. Ezaphs

As for the next slate, I'd prefer non Gen VI/VII Pokemon, thanks.

Eve

taking a break
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Community Leader
Yo I'm back so lemme get these submissions in real quick
All of em: Sereg, Ezaphs, Kopelemon
Honestly, these submissions were whack as hell. I like mine and Sereg's because, similarly to say Mega Lucario, they look good in Ubers. Some of the others make sense, but don't fit as well. The rest either make little sense or are stupidly broken imo. Kopele's were the worst by far until the rework, and now I think they look pretty cool

Last edited:

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Tapu Bulu

1. Exploudit
2. Ticktock
3. Ezaphs

Tapu Fini

1. Exploudit
2. Ticktock
3. Heavyweapons Mann

Tapu Koko

1. Exploudit
2. SixTrails
3. Heavyweapons Mann

Tapu Lele

1. Exploudit
2. Heavyweapons Mann
3. Ezaphs

As for the next slate, I'd prefer non Gen VI/VII Pokemon, thanks.
You may be slightly disappointed. Only slightly though :P

Reactions: Eve

Six Trails

formerly Analytic_
The rest either make little sense or are stupidly broken imo.
This comment is unnecessary, in my opinion. You can say which submissions you like the best without putting everyone else's down.

Also, my votes:

Fini: KirbyRider, BlazikenMasters, Exploudit
Lele: KirbyRider, Exploudit, LapisHoundoom
Koko: KirbyRider, BlazikenMasters, HeavyWeapons
Bulu: Phoenix_Alchemist, KirbyRider, Ninetales Dragons

Eve

taking a break
Community Leader
This comment is unnecessary, in my opinion. You can say which submissions you like the best without putting everyone else's down.
Oh, sorry. I didn't realise that not seeing a link design-wise between the original and the new features, or thinking that a Pokemon would be too strong competitively to be usable in the majority of tiers, was offensive. I guess my feels aren't up to date, or maybe you misinterpreted the sentence's intention.

Last edited:

Six Trails

formerly Analytic_
Oh, sorry. I didn't realise that not seeing a link design-wise between the original and the new features, or thinking that a Pokemon would be too strong competitively to be usable in the majority of tiers, was offensive. I guess my feels aren't up to date, or maybe you misinterpreted the sentence's intention.
Yes, it is possible that I misinterpreted your post. Personally, I didn't think it was necessary because all that's asked of this thread is to submit your ideas and then vote. That's not to say there's anything wrong with insightful criticism, but to tell everyone else that their submissions make no sense or are "stupidly broken" without any actual reasoning is, in my opinion, not necessary. But again, maybe I misinterpreted your post. Maybe I took what you said the wrong way. If that is the case, then I apologize for any misunderstanding.

Eve

taking a break
Community Leader
Personally, I didn't think it was necessary because all that's asked of this thread is to submit your ideas and then vote.
As someone who frequents this thread, I can tell you that it is intended for more than just that. Discussion is also permitted. I wanted to share my opinion as such, as well as my vote, without spamming multiple posts.
to tell everyone else that their submissions make no sense or are "stupidly broken" without any actual reasoning is, in my opinion, not necessary.
I don't recall saying that they made no sense. Of course they make some sense, why else would they make their submissions? However, in terms of actual megas, they don't really fit thematically as the actual ingame ones do. Hence why I said "little sense". I called them stupidly broken because they were. Its not offensive to call a Pokemon broken.
But again, maybe I misinterpreted your post. Maybe I took what you said the wrong way.
Seems like it, hence why I suggested that maybe you misinterpreted.

Six Trails

formerly Analytic_
As someone who frequents this thread, I can tell you that it is intended for more than just that. Discussion is also permitted. I wanted to share my opinion as such, as well as my vote, without spamming multiple posts.

I don't recall saying that they made no sense. Of course they make some sense, why else would they make their submissions? However, in terms of actual megas, they don't really fit thematically as the actual ingame ones do. Hence why I said "little sense". I called them stupidly broken because they were. Its not offensive to call a Pokemon broken.
I never said discussion wasn't permitted. I even said that there's nothing wrong with insightful criticism, you just chose to omit that when quoting my post. You can offer insightful criticism beyond "that makes little sense" without "spamming multiple posts".

Yes, you did say "little sense" instead of "no sense". That is my mistake. I don't really see much of a difference, though.

Seems like it, hence why I suggested that maybe you misinterpreted.
I already acknowledged you saying that in my post. If you'd rather avoid my apology for any potential misunderstandings and just be unpleasant instead, then this is a conversation I'd rather not participate in.

Eve

taking a break
Community Leader
I never said discussion wasn't permitted. I even said that there's nothing wrong with insightful criticism, you just chose to omit that when quoting my post.
The "there's nothing wrong with insightful criticism" statement is generally used as a patronising thing, suggesting "but yours isn't constructive", so I won't even touch that.
Yes, you did say "little sense" instead of "no sense". That is my mistake. I don't really see much of a difference, though.
Little means it does make some sense. Pretty significant difference.
I already acknowledged you saying that in my post. If you'd rather avoid my apology for any potential misunderstandings and just be unpleasant instead, then this is a conversation I'd rather not participate in.
Wait, did you say that I was being unpleasant?
just be unpleasant instead
That wasn't unpleasant. That was a statement saying that maybe the reason I said that you misunderstood me, actually was because you misunderstood me. Get your emotions together, not everything's an attack.
Also, that apology was pretty empty seeing as you spent the whole rest of the post contradicting me. You clearly didn't feel like you were misunderstanding me, which was the condition on the apology. Bear in mind that this is not me being unpleasant, this is me explaining what I observe.

One last thing I'd like to add. What I originally said wasn't meant to be the cliched "constructive criticism". It was me explaining why I didn't vote for those people. I don't care if they take my words as advice. Simple as.

Eve

taking a break
Community Leader
I may have grasped at straws with my submissions.
honestly, your ones seemed like some of the better ones. They were fairly balanced statwise, and had fitting abilities (although I'm not sure Prankster fit Lele's usage style). I just felt that the other two I voted for had a tad more consistency in how they were laid out. If you couldn't vote for yourself, you'd most likely be my 3rd.
Edit: Also Natural Cure Fini with reliable recovery could be pretty annoying and I wanted to vote for all at once :P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)