Melee Thread (TOURNAMENT SPOILERS TO BE EXPECTED)

Why did Smash 4 need salvaging? Don't really pay attention to it anymore.

That match with Leffen and Armada was really great. Leffen
doing so well in that first set and then unfortunately losing his steam after that was crazy.

Why did Smash 4 need salvaging? Don't really pay attention to it anymore.
Main problem is that we only had like 20 setups, if not less. Pools were round robin. A lot of things to look into, but main problem was the community not stepping up and bringing their setups.

BEAST was fun, even though I bustered out mad early with 3rd in pools.

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
there were other issues but yeah what endeby said is a huge factor

also i met both k-12 and afro smash at the TO desk but i dont think i saw endeby this time around :(

afro smash rocked the VoD tag.

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a defending SPL Championis a Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
18th, March, birth of PPMD

I hope he won't take this too hard and bounce back.

Lot of great matches so far, Axe's "chokes" in the end of his first game vs Mango made me sad too ;_; I'm hoping Armada or HBox won't take this, but odds are low. Mango could do it and maybe M2K but that's doubtful, and I think he'd need to not run into Armada. Also hoping Plup will have a deep run, I loved all his games so far.

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a defending SPL Championis a Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
My impressions on this tournament now that it's over (attention spoilers ahead if you plan to catch the VoDs):
  • Meh production. Random cuts to the crowd during the sets, sound problems etc. At least they fixed some of their early issues by reaching to the PEOPLE on twitter/reddit (such as lack of background music).
  • Altho there were merits in trying a more "professional"/TV approach to the presentation, I didn't like it. All these interviews and commericial breaks as well as Prog stalling weren't really my thing. ARE YOU GUYS READY? SwiftRage
  • That being said, the level was present (to be expected with all these high-caliber players). Ton of close sets, lot of upsets, amazing GF. Definitely some very high level melee.
  • Loved Florida in this tournament. Plup was playing amazing, upsetting M2K (and PPMD but PPMD BibleThump) and his movements are just so crisp. Even gave Armada some trouble. I really hope he'll be able to become a godslayer by the end of the year and pose a real threat to the Top6 on a consistent basis. Hungrybox also played out of his mind. His Jigglypuff was everywhere and looked both deadly and unapproachable. He was so much in everyone's face (beside Mango). Toph of Scar, I don't remember, said something I liked about him: his Jigglypuff seems like he's dash dancing in the air all the time. Godly spacing.
  • PPMD BibleThump
  • Liked SilentWolf and MacD's performances a lot.
  • Wobbles was on point as well, but I feel like there is no hope for him to ever touch Armada's Peach. I'd love him to consider a Marth secondary just for this match-up.
  • As a Marth main and fan, I wish someone else would make drastic improvements as a player, PPMD and M2k are struggling and I don't see them bouncing back at the very top for a while :[
Looking forward the upcoming tournaments, and I hope Leffen's visa issues will be resolved asap.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
knowing how he acted w/ leffen i totally believe it, but im still gonna wait for some sort of follow-up before i act on my belief

there's very little reason for this to be fake since if everyone involved reveals that it was just a joke, it just makes them all look bad (sparky / sky / macd in particular).

but at the same time i see no purpose in posting it on reddit, of all places, especially with this little concrete evidence

EDIT: sky speaks out
overall from the tone of his posts it appears that Sky is way more concerned about clearing his own name and denying being a rape enabler than he is about defending the accusations against MacD

-- "If you really believe you are innocent of enabling, it's worth it to defend yourself. But if you aren't 100% sure that the allegations against MacD are false then I wouldn't be making moves to defend him so quickly."
---- "I'm 100% sure that I'm innocent of that. 100%." - Sky

Last edited:
Rofl the evidence is super weak 2 skype logs that have been rearranged and had tons of lines cut out. Then smashcapps posts this shit on reddit and tells people not to witch hunt what a joke.

Last edited:
the thread's still up for me, the mods are probably debating over what to do about it

they're in kind of an awkward spot ESPECIALLY given last year's drama with alex strife

EDIT: aight it's down now

Last edited:
shoutouts to Swedish for somehow making it to winners top 8, he goes to my college and I'm friends with him on FB - his performances at this and at Super Nebulous 4 in singles and in doubles have both been spectacular

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
Big Chungus Winner
Shoutouts to (makeup) for getting top 64 with a clutch win over HMW! Also for his shit in the crew battle
(makeup) = Aglet?
oo

nice stuff man, keep doing you!
finally caught up with the tournament, all those upsets were yummy, and swedish delight played like a goD, i hope he'll keep getting better

Hax F $ Kreygasm

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I gotta admit I was super impressed by swedish tbh. I always disliked him cuz his face while playing triggers me LOL, and I thought Plup and Shroomed (and m2k) were on a next level over him, but I was proved wrong. his edgeguarding seemed sloppy against mango tho.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)