Metagame Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I want to consider and get opinions on as well is if I should give every mon access to rapid spin as well, and Rapid Spin will have the typing of the user's primary or secondary typing if shiny, and the rocks will only clear if the typing of the rapid spin is super effective on the typing of the rocks. Keep in mind that Rapid Spin will be the typing and gain STAB, so spinblocking ghosts wont dominate the meta.
I'm not too sure on the ruling but I think this is definitely hitting pet mod territory. IDK if you're just allowed to redistribute moves at one's pleasure.

Also, have you thought about incorporating the other hazards as well for more variety? Naturally Sticky Web would remain unaffected but Spikes and T-Spikes would have their type effectiveness changed, allowing for more variety and place a bigger emphasis on strong hazard control, which this meta naturally would revolve around

Doesn't sketchmons or AAA or many other metagames distribute moves and abilities freely?

I like the idea of spikes and T-spikes but how would stacking play into this equation?
The point of AAA or Sketchies is to distribute abilities and moves respectively. The point of your metagame is to change how hazards work. This Spin / Defog thing is similar to if AAA were to introduce some random mechanic change like changing the power of some moves or abilities. It's weird and unnecessary.

Stacking Spikes could work by using the base value of one Spikes-layer worth of damage (12.5% of the target's HP) and using the target Pokemon's type and Defense stat to reduce / increase damage taken. Then the base value can increase by 2 for two layers and by 3 for three layers. Same thing for T-Spikes but with the passive damage taken every turn. The base value for normal Poison would be a flat 12.5% and the base value for 2 layers of T-Spikes poison would start at 6.25% and increase over time.

Alright I'm going to kill some babies here for the sake of quality.

Hybrid Moves

Premise:
Each Pokemon will fuse moves of the same type and category to make new unique moves.

Notes:
Pokemon will start off with six moves. The extra two must be used for fusing. Moves must be the same type and category to fuse and the moves will automatically fuse so there's no move set with surf and scald separately anymore. When fused, the damages and accuracy are averaged, and the primary and secondary effects of the other moves are piled together. Pokemon can fuse 2-6 moves at once but keep in mind that your set would only have one move if all six moves are the same type and category.

An example of a great combination is Focus Blast and Aura Sphere to make a 100 damage special fighting move that will never miss, has a chance of lowering the foe's special defense, counts as a pulse move for Mega Launcher Pokemon, and a ballistic in the case of the ability Bullet Proof.

• In the case where combining moves with different non-zero priorities like Roar with Follow Me, we keep the negative priority because doing it otherwise will cause many moves to fail or become too crazy (see comatose phasing in BH).
  • Status moves must share a similar target, so Swords Dance and Protect works, but Protect and Roar does not.
  • Z-Moves can not be used on move combinations. The combinations will have damages that aren't multiples of 5 unlike regular attacks so figuring out a z-move damage sounds either difficult or tedious.
  • Hidden Power won't combine with normal moves to change types. If that is difficult to code, Hidden Power won't combine with other moves.
  • Multi Hit moves will be averaged as how much damage they can possibly do and the secondary effects will be divided among each hit. A Ninetails using Headbutt + Tail Slap would bring about a 2-5 hit move with each hit doing 19.5 BP and having a 6% chance to flinch the target - not 30% per each hit.
  • Variable move damages like Magnitude, or Gyro Ball will have their current outputs averaged with their other attacks.

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Water Pulse
- Scald
- Focus Blast
- Aura Sphere
- Dragon Pulse
- Ice Beam

Blastoise gets a nice damage boost on Water Pulse with a chance to burn and confuse. Aura Sphere and Focus Blast will always hit at long last. Both moves are boosted by Mega Launcher allowing Blastoise to take down more of the meta.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Steel Wing/Metal Claw
- Fury Cutter
- Swords Dance
- Roost

With a U-Turn that will do 82.5 damage after technician and will do double damage each turn if it's stuck or the last Pokemon standing and a priority Bullet Punch with a chance to raise defense, Scizor has the power it was looking for maximize both its STAB moves.

Breloom @ Big Root
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leech Seed
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Spore
- Substitute
- Bullet Seed

Breloom has a nasty set here. Spore + Leech Seed to incapacitate and drain opponents. Priority Mach Punch + Drain Punch for quick Technician boosted recovery. Big Root allowing Breloom to heal more off of Leech Seed and Drain Punch.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Stealth Rocks

Soft Boiled + Wish + Heal Bell allows Blissey to save turns and focus on being a tank or allowing for safer switches for other Pokemon. With Knock Off being combined with other moves like Payback or Pursuit, Blissey might be preferred over Chansey.

Potential Threats: Breloom with Spore or Mach Punch hybrids, Smeargle, there are so many.
On the Radar: Sleep + Priority

Banlist: Combining Priority with moves that can flinch, OU Banlist.
What I've Changed from Before: Got rid of the perks for having less than four moves - it didn't fit here. No more +1 to move power, there's incentive enough to combine moves. Got rid of the accuracy drops for combining moves as no move will be too broken apart from Technician Bullet Punch + Iron Head. I kept the 6 moves because if Pokemon bring the standard four, then when moves combine automatically, they will have 3 or fewer to battle with.
Questions for the Community: Anything sounding too broken or on the radar? How should I handle the order that moves take place like Belly Drum + Recover? How should I handle failed moves like Protect+Swords Dance - I'm thinking having the Protect fail but the Swords Dance working. If you have any questions let me know or else check the syllabus.
Bumping this metagame bc it's a great idea that just needs to be fleshed out a bit more. My idea is that substitute and/or protect are in need of a ban. There are so many commonly distrinured normal type set up moves, and pretty much every mon gets sub and protect. The existence of these moves in the meta pretty much turns it into and hyper-offensive mess, and I feel like the metagame would be more interesting without them. This metagame is already almost guaranteed to be offensive-focused, but I think doing away with these moves is a good first step.

All Weather
Metagame Premise:
All weather (Drought, Drizzle, Sandstorm, Hail) are active and permanent, their effects will be stacked, conflicting weather depending moves will remain the same, while moves that are affected by only 1 ability will be affected. Ex. Moonlight/Morning Sun/Synthesis will restore 50% but Shore Up will restore 66 1/3%, Thunder and Hurricane remain at 70% accuracy, Solar Beam and Solar Blade will take only 1 turn but the power will be halved, Aurora Veil will work unless there is Air Lock/Cloud Nine. Air lock (and similar abilities) will ignore all weather, Primordial Sea and Desolate Land will grant user immunity to Fire/Water but will not affect weather. Rock types (+50% SpD)
Potential Bans and Threats: Ubers Clauses. Abilities that benefit under weather (Swift Swim, Sand Rush, Chlorophyll, Slush Rush, Hydration, Harvest, Ice Body, Rain Dish, Sand Force, Sand Veil, Leaf Guard, Solar Power, Snow Cloak). Abilities that ignore weather (Air Lock, Cloud Nine). Moves that benefit under weather (Blizzard, Shore Up, Growth, etc.) Castform will be banned because it will break. Weather Ball similarly.
Questions for the community: Is OU more suitable than Ubers?

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Why is the acc for Thunder and Hurricane still the same tho. It may be halved in Sun but it just simply doesn't have any acc check in Rain rather than increasingit.

Alright, this makes sense and I like it.

If I incorporated all hazards like this I wouldnt need to distribute rocks to everybody, however, the need of hazard removal might be somewhat difficult, since defog/spin arn't exactly so widespread.

Do you think this would need to be adressed or is it fine as it is?
It's fine imo, hazard removal is already common on standard teams in any metagame so people wouldn't struggle finding one to put on their team.

Whats the point of all weather being active when abilities that benefit from it are banned, and the only other difference would be fire and water power being boosted but they just cancel each other out with their halving?? Even Primordeal Sea and Deso land dont do anything of note. This just sounds like ubers with chip damage and any innovative things banned.
I mean those are threats, unless they are too overpowered then they will be banned, currently the only bans will be Castform and Weather Ball

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
All Weather
Metagame Premise:
All weather (Drought, Drizzle, Sandstorm, Hail) are active and permanent, their effects will be stacked, conflicting weather depending moves will remain the same, while moves that are affected by only 1 ability will be affected. Ex. Moonlight/Morning Sun/Synthesis will restore 50% but Shore Up will restore 66 1/3%, Thunder and Hurricane remain at 70% accuracy, Solar Beam and Solar Blade will take only 1 turn but the power will be halved, Aurora Veil will work unless there is Air Lock/Cloud Nine. Air lock (and similar abilities) will ignore all weather, Primordial Sea and Desolate Land will grant user immunity to Fire/Water but will not affect weather. Rock types (+50% SpD)
Potential Bans and Threats: Ubers Clauses. Abilities that benefit under weather (Swift Swim, Sand Rush, Chlorophyll, Slush Rush, Hydration, Harvest, Ice Body, Rain Dish, Sand Force, Sand Veil, Leaf Guard, Solar Power, Snow Cloak). Abilities that ignore weather (Air Lock, Cloud Nine). Moves that benefit under weather (Blizzard, Shore Up, Growth, etc.) Castform will be banned because it will break. Weather Ball similarly.
Questions for the community: Is OU more suitable than Ubers?
This sounds a lot like Acid Rain, I'd suggest looking at the mechanics there and adapting them.

Is there an existing meta idea where a team must be comprised of one Pokémon from each tier (as follows: Uber, OU/BL, UU/BL2, RU/BL3, NU, PU)? If not, do you guys think it would be interesting to play? I think it sounds cool in theory but I'm not sure if it would be in practice.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Is there an existing meta idea where a team must be comprised of one Pokémon from each tier (as follows: Uber, OU/BL, UU/BL2, RU/BL3, NU, PU)? If not, do you guys think it would be interesting to play? I think it sounds cool in theory but I'm not sure if it would be in practice.
The all -star meta from gen 6

So I was thinking of a metagame, that I'm yet to completely flesh out, involving Stealth Rocks.

Every Pokemon has the move available for use, and the rocks will be the typing of the Pokemon's primary typing or secondary if shiny. (This isnt an original mechanic iirc but continue to read)

The rocks will also be influnced by the Pokemon's highest attacking stat which will modify the damage done (similar to the damage formula, will give you guys an exact idea of how its calculated later)

You could give your opinions on including the corresponding defensive stat as well, but I don't know about that. Just an idea.

What I want to consider and get opinions on as well is if I should give every mon access to rapid spin as well, and Rapid Spin will have the typing of the user's primary or secondary typing if shiny, and the rocks will only clear if the typing of the rapid spin is super effective on the typing of the rocks. Keep in mind that Rapid Spin will be the typing and gain STAB, so spinblocking ghosts wont dominate the meta.

Defog will clear all hazards as normal, but will also clear the opponents side's hazards.

Let me know what you all think.
Sorry for double post, but just sayin, this sounds like Same Type Stealth Rock to me.

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
upload_2017-7-7_22-19-12.png

Thanks for photoshop work

Go Wild
Metagame Premise:

* This metagame will not require you to eliminate all 6 members of the opposing party to win. It is based on how strongly have you attacked your opponents.
* The score from both teams will be compared once one side's all 6 members of the party have fainted. Of course the team that scored more points will win!
* Each time player executes a move, their team will gain points based on how strong the move was. The equation that will calculate the points will be:

• (Atk or Sp.Atk stat) * (Move BP) * (STAB 1.5 or non-STAB 1) * (1.5 if Choice item or 1.3 for Life Orb) * (1.5 if weather-boosted) * (Ability boost, such as 1.3 for Sheer Force) * (1.5 if Critical hits) * (1.1 if boost from + Nature or 0.9 if negative) - Discard all decimals
  • For example, if a player successfully executed Blast Burn with Mega Charizard Y...
  • (159 Sp.Atk) * (150 BP) * (1.5 STAB) * (1.5 from Drought) = 53662.5
  • The player earns 53662 points!
Potential Bans and Threats:

Bans:

* Not decided on much things yet.
* OU Banlist for now

Threats:

+ Choice Specs + Adaptability + Hyper Beam scores 60750 points
+ Thunderbolt + Electrium Z (175 BP) + Gigavolt Havoc scores 45412 points
+ Choice Specs + Psychic Terrain + Psychic scores 39488 points
* ... and more.

Questions for the Community (Please read):

* Should this meta have Ubers banlist for more dynamic features?
* Should the point be halved if the resisted hits happen? (Such as aforementioned move from Porygon-Z will score 30375 points if it hit Tyranitar, and will score 15188 points if it hit Aggron). We are assuming 0 points will be earned if Porygon-Z used Hyper Beam on Marshadow.
* What 'mons seem to have enough raw power to be considered banworthy?
* In order to make this more competitive, should the player who eliminates all 6 mon's in the other side first gain 150,000 points?

Last edited:
Edit: I was in the middle of writing a suggestion of a meta where you can use the item slot to give u either an extra ability or an extra moveslot until i discovered it was similar to an already existing idea i didnt not know about (enchanted items)

Hey,

I've spent the last few months working and studying but schools almost over so I got a lot of free time and what better way to spend it than to play Pokemon! In my abstinence, I've come up with a couple new metagame ideas, and I'll talk about some of them today to see if the community is interested in them. So to make support easier to gauge I'll make different posts.

Multibility/Enchanted Items!
[Old thread]

Premise:
Enchanted Items was a metagame introduced halfway through Sun and Moon and the premise was simple, at least on paper. In Enchanted Items, Pokemon could utilise two abilities at the same time. This was done by re-writing the code for almost two hundred items in the game to act as abilities. Dragonite would run Air Balloon to gain Aerilate in conjunction with Multiscale to become a fearsome sweeper and Talonflame adored running Magic Guard to remove both recoil and stealth rock damage. However, the biggest problem with Enchanted Items was that you actually had to know which items correlated with the ability you wanted. However, Spandan found and coded the perfect solution. Now we've removed the item aspect completely. Instead of giving Dragonite Air Balloon you can now simply write Aerilate in the item slot. Bam, that's it. Perfect!

Banned additional abilities:
  • Arena Trap
  • Chloe
  • Comatose
  • Contrary
  • Fluffy
  • Fur Coat
  • Huge Power
  • Imposter
  • Innards Out
  • Parental Bond
  • Pure Power
  • Simple
  • Stakeout
  • Water Bubble
  • Wonder Guard
Other bans and rules:
Kyurem-Black is banned

Ability clause: Each team may have only two instances of an ability on the team total, item-based or otherwise. This is to prevent instances of ability spam using two native users and two item based users.

A lot has changed since last year and we've got some new threats to try out - here are some ideas for you to try out.

View attachment 83512 Misty Terrain + Regenerator/Volt Absorb
View attachment 83516 Levitate + Stamina
View attachment 83513 Beast Boost + Regenerator/Volt Absorb/Flash Fire/Stamina
View attachment 83538 Disguise + Adaptability/Speed Boost
View attachment 83539 Regenerator + Volt Absorb/Levitate/Intimidate/Magic Bounce
View attachment 83540 Fur Coat + Regenerator
View attachment 83542 Soul Heart + Sheer Force/Steelworker/Levitate/Regenerator/Speed Boost
View attachment 83543 Beast Boost + Triage/Tough Claws/Flash Fire/Intimidate/Speed Boost
View attachment 83544 Beast Boost + Steelworker/Grassy Surge/Speed Boost/Tinted Lens/Tough Claws
View attachment 83541 Psychic Surge + Speed Boost/Tinted Lens/Adaptability/Sheer Force
If you like this metagame, like this post!

- Grains Of Salt
To be honest i found this idea to be really cool, i do hope it becomes omtm sometimes

On a side note i wonder btw, what does a om idea here have to do to be qualified for omtm?

Go wild.

Purrloin @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Assist

Liepard @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Assist

Riolu @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Copycat
- Circle Throw

Mimikyu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
Hasty Nature
- Copycat
- Destiny Bond

Electrode @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Aftermath
Jolly Nature
- Explosion

Glalie @ Glalitite
Ability: Inner Focus -> Refrigerate
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Explosion

The goal here is obvious: get everyone off the field as fast as possible so the opponent never has anything to aim at and can't score any points.

On that subject, what would the point value of Final Gambit be?

Last edited:

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
On that subject, what would the point value of Final Gambit be?
For now I will leave Counter, Mirror Coat, Metal Burst, Final Gambit, Seismic Toss, Night Shade, or other moves that lack BP to score 0 points.

Or do you think there should be a point for doing this? That will involve another complex equation.

View attachment 84954

Go Wild
Metagame Premise:

* This metagame will not require you to eliminate all 6 members of the opposing party to win. It is based on how strongly have you attacked your opponents.
* The score from both teams will be compared once one side's all 6 members of the party have fainted. Of course the team that scored more points will win!
* Each time player executes a move, their team will gain points based on how strong the move was. The equation that will calculate the points will be:

• (Atk or Sp.Atk stat) * (Move BP) * (STAB 1.5 or non-STAB 1) * (1.5 if Choice item or 1.3 for Life Orb) * (1.5 if weather-boosted) * (Ability boost, such as 1.3 for Sheer Force) * (1.5 if Critical hits) * (1.1 if boost from + Nature or 0.9 if negative) - Discard all decimals
  • For example, if a player successfully executed Blast Burn with Mega Charizard Y...

Bans:

* OU Banlist for now

Threats:

* ... and more.

* Should the point be halved if the resisted hits happen? (Such as aforementioned move from Porygon-Z will score 30375 points if it hit Tyranitar, and will score 15188 points if it hit Aggron). We are assuming 0 points will be earned if Porygon-Z used Hyper Beam on Marshadow.
* In order to make this more competitive, should the player who eliminates all 6 mon's in the other side first gain 150,000 points?

Its cool, but this could also be renamed Explosion: The Metagame. Its basically impossible to outdamage 6 explosions in 6 turns, so you might wanna ban that.

Regarding the meta at its core is interesting but some of the mechanics surrounding it are pretty strange. Since damage doesnt take into account EVs, a fully defensive lando-T earthquake gets the same points as a fully offensive one? Using a status move or switching feels like suicide when it comes to racking up points, since wasting a turn cant be afforded, and outspeeding and getting a KO will be a big deal. Since theres no effect of resistances, spamming scarf feels totally safe, and is the best possible way to ensure you dont lose a turn to a KO. It feels like a meta that is quite complex to figure out in the first few days, but quickly boils down to 1 optimal lineup of pokemon that are the best bc of the way this meta works almost solely with raw stats and doesnt grant the chance of prediction or status- itll probably just be 4-5 heavy hitting scarfers on each side, spamming moves that dont have any immunities.

If it were me I probly wouldnt grant any points on a not-very-effective hit, because that grants the ability to switch in without falling behind 60k points.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
View attachment 84954

Go Wild
Metagame Premise:

Bans:

* OU Banlist for now

Threats:

* ... and more.

Wait, so can things be ko'd?
Did you read the follwing convo with sw?
Yes. I did.

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
Warning: long post

Thank you for everyone who showed interest in Go Wild metagame. I have noticed many problems that exist:

Go wild.

Purrloin @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Assist

Liepard @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Assist

Riolu @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Copycat
- Circle Throw

Mimikyu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
Hasty Nature
- Copycat
- Destiny Bond

Electrode @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Aftermath
Jolly Nature
- Explosion

Glalie @ Glalitite
Ability: Inner Focus -> Refrigerate
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Explosion

The goal here is obvious: get everyone off the field as fast as possible so the opponent never has anything to aim at and can't score any points.
This metagame will turn into a "Suicide Squad", because you can essentially spam self-destructing moves to keep opponents from doing anything and racking up points, making situations that is like 50k v 0k theoretically possible. So basically a team with scarf Electrode with Explosion and 5 Pranksters in the back with Copycat will almost always win, unless one specifically prepares for this archetype of team. I do admit this metagame will clearly be uncompetitive, since it is not even about spamming strong attacks, but it is about how fast you eliminate your own team.
Cool idea!

I have a few problems/questions however:

How do you promote diversity in a meta where hyper offense is the only viable profile? Hitting harder and faster is seemngly the only way to win.

The thing about this is, it feels like you take the point out of battling. You can no longer prepare against your opponent, now you just have to get the most easily spammable and sweepable things - because walling things have no advantage and wont hit back with many points.

I also dont really like changing the wincon of beating the opponent's team being non existant. I would propose something that possibly instead of it being the wincon, the team that currently has the most points will either have an advantage or the team with less points will have a disadvantage, examples could be an embargo on the other team or STAB getting a boost or it could be anything else.
You are right. This metagame will make stall team, or even balance teams useless, since carrying Overheat Mega Charizard Y, Choice Band Explosion Azelf, or other shenanigans will stack over 30k points each turn, while any teams that are not HO are either KOed or get to retaliate using significantly weaker attacks that provide less points. Also, I have written down couple ideas about how earning points will give players advantage instead of directly determining the outcome of the game.

Its cool, but this could also be renamed Explosion: The Metagame. Its basically impossible to outdamage 6 explosions in 6 turns, so you might wanna ban that.

Regarding the meta at its core is interesting but some of the mechanics surrounding it are pretty strange. Since damage doesnt take into account EVs, a fully defensive lando-T earthquake gets the same points as a fully offensive one? Using a status move or switching feels like suicide when it comes to racking up points, since wasting a turn cant be afforded, and outspeeding and getting a KO will be a big deal. Since theres no effect of resistances, spamming scarf feels totally safe, and is the best possible way to ensure you dont lose a turn to a KO. It feels like a meta that is quite complex to figure out in the first few days, but quickly boils down to 1 optimal lineup of pokemon that are the best bc of the way this meta works almost solely with raw stats and doesnt grant the chance of prediction or status- itll probably just be 4-5 heavy hitting scarfers on each side, spamming moves that dont have any immunities.

If it were me I probly wouldnt grant any points on a not-very-effective hit, because that grants the ability to switch in without falling behind 60k points.
Similar thoughts on what I mentioned while quoting the first post. I missed out the equation because it does not take EV's or level into an account. Also, it will be unfair for status moves, BP-less moves, or entry hazards to not have any benefit in the metagame, and also boosts being nearly useless would be too dull.

Realizing this, I have come up with new equations that would calculate points on doing damage through attacks, hazards, status, and more:

Direct Attack:

* Discard decimals!!!
(Atk or Sp.Atk overall stat) * (Move BP) * (STAB 1.5 or non-STAB 1) * (1.5 if Choice item or 1.3 for Life Orb) * (1.5 if weather-boosted) * (Ability boost, such as 1.3 for Sheer Force) * (1.5 if Critical hit)

* Example:

Uses Blast Burn.
This time, in order to calculate regarding EV, IV, and nature boost at the same time, I will use 417 for Sp.Atk stat value which is the outcome of Timid nature, 252 EV on Sp.Atk, and 31 IV's.

(417 Sp.Atk) * (150 BP) * (1.5 STAB) * (1.5 Drought) = 140,737 points on neutral target.
Points may be multiplied or divided depending on if it is supereffective or resisted. Obviously immune hits will result in 0 points.
Yay! The number got bigger!

Entry Hazard / Status:

* Before we calculate this, we must determine a value for any 'mon's defensive capability Thanks for extra work guys:

Physical Defensive Capability:
(HP) * (Defense stat combining Eviolite, Assault Vest, abilities, Sandstorm, etc...) / 0.411

Special Defensive Capability:
(HP) * (Special Defense stat combining Eviolite, Assault Vest, abilities, Sandstorm, etc...) / 0.411

These two equations allow us to get a value that I call "Total Defensive Capability":
(HP) * {(Defense + Special Defense) / 2} / 0.411

* Example:

... exist.

Let's calculate this guy's total defensive capability:
Assuming if we have 252 HP of EV on Arceus (0 on Def and Sp.Def),
(444 HP) * {(276 Def + 276 Sp.Def) / 2} / 0.411 = 298160 is 252 HP Arceus' total defensive capability.

Now lets say this guy takes damage from:

1. Stealth Rock

If this Arceus steps on Stealth Rock and takes damage (neutral so 1/8), the other team will gain (298160/8) = 37270 points.

2. Toxic poison

If this Arceus is badly poisoned and takes damage (1/16 first turn), the other team will gain (298160/16) = 18635 points.
If this Arceus is badly poisoned and takes damage on its second turn on the field (1/8 second turn), the other team will gain (298160/8) = 37270 points.
Two consecutive turns of Toxic poison on 252 HP Arceus results in 55905 points.

Same logic applies to burn, trapping damage, weather damage, and others.

3. Seismic Toss / Night Shade / Counter / Mirror Coat / Metal Burst

Let's say Chansey uses Seismic Toss on 0 Def / 0 SpDef Arceus, and that will be 100 HP of damage assuming Chansey's level is 100.
Therefore, Chansey's team gains:
(100 HP) * {(276 Def + 276 Sp.Def) / 2} / 0.411 = 67153 points.

Let's say Chansey uses Counter on 0 Def / 0 SpDef Arceus, and does 200 damage to Arceus.
Chansey's team gains:
(200 HP) * {(276 Def + 276 Sp.Def) / 2} / 0.411 = 134306 points.

Change in Metagame Premise:

So I hope what I did above solves <Go Wild>'s problem on HO being too dominant, since all archetypes of teams can equally earn points. Below are my couple ideas about how to make the metagame more fun and have more creativity:

* Sufficient points allow each players to use medicine such as:
- Using Max Potion with X points
- Using Full Restore with Y points
- Using Revive with Z points
- So forth.
I doubt this idea will be accepted since this will require programmers to code medicines and their functions above is much work anyway, but this is one of the stuff that I came up with.

* Or... sufficient points will let each player take specific action:
- Using X points, one can phase the opponent next turn, and this will be alerted to them.
- Using Y points, one can use Wish / Healing Wish.
- Using Z points, one can remove hazards from the field.

* Each attack will store points, but separately depending on the type of attack. For example, Charizard stacks X points for Fire using Flare Blitz and same team's Ferrothorn stacks for Steel using Gyro Ball. When a team has over 100,000 points on one type, a player can choose to execute a Z-move corresponding to the type with sufficient points. For instance, if Charizard's team has 100000+ points on Fire, it can execute Inferno Overdrive or other Fire-type Z-status moves without Z-crystal. This will reset team's all points to 0, even the points stacked by using different type of moves. Should mega 'mon be able to do this or not, it is a question to consider after we choose to have this premise or not.

So these are all the changes I made with new ideas about metagame premise. Thanks for reading.

And I fainted out of exhaustion.

Last edited:
'been a wile since I posted here, so here's a small little idea.

I've been playing a lot of PMD Sky lately, trying to get past Zero Isle South, and it gave me an idea -

Metagame Title:
Zeromons

Metagame Premise: All pokémon are set to level 1 (Even if they're not obtainable at level 1), EVs are all set to 0, and the pokémon must only use it's lvl 1/Evolution moves. Abilities are unaffected, as well as IVs. The only held items allowed are Megastones and Z-Crystals. Event moves are not to be considered.

Examples:

Volcarona would have access to moves like Fiery Dance, Quiver Dance and Bug Buzz, since they're learned at level 1, however it would not have access to moves like Flametrower and Fire blast, since those are learned through TMs.

Gyarados would only be able to use Bite and Thrash, since those are it's only lvl 1 moves, and Splash, since that's Magikarp's only lvl 1 move.

Mew would only have access to Pound, Transform and Reflect Type.

Potential bans/threats:

>Volcarona has potent dual STAB in the form of Bug Buzz and Heat Wave/Fiery Dance, as well as Quiver Dance.

>Yanmega has Tinted Lens, and have moves such as Bug Buzz and Air Slash as their starting moves.

>Medicham has access to all 3 elemental punches and Zen headbutt, and also the boost from Pure Power and the ability to mega evolve.

>Mega Mawile has Play Rough and Iron head.

OU clauses.

Sonic Boom, Dragon Rage and Speed Boost should all start out banned.

Kangaskhanite, Salamencite, Lucarionite and Gengarite should all be allowed.

Shadow Tag should start of unbanned.

That still isn't much of a fix with Direct Attack.

In fact, a full team of 6 isn't even required, so it would be possible to have a 1-Pokemon team like this:

Shedinja @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Wonder Guard
Hasty Nature
Level: 57
IVs: 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Shadow Sneak
- Sucker Punch
- Aerial Ace
- Endure

Ideally you use one of the priority moves to get some chip damage. I was originally thinking about using Life Orb to immediately kill yourself with recoil, but it turns out not to matter...whatever eventually comes in to damage you at any point, it drains 100% of your defensive capability, giving your opponent some points, but you should still come out ahead in the end. Even max-defense Umbreon takes 6 damage from a Shadow Sneak, which is a bit less than 2% of its HP...but on these scales, even that pathetically weak hit is still good for about 6000 points. Meanwhile, the reason I chose level 57 here is because that drops Shedinja's own "defensive capability" down to just 108 points, and that's all the opponent will ever be able to get. Meanwhile, the lowest possible non-Shedinja bulk, Level 1 Diglett, will still provide 120 points if it gets OHKO'd, or 109 if it survives with a sash. Then since you're out of Pokemon, the game is over, but you're ahead on points so you win.

Even beyond Shedinja, I foresee this becoming a "FEAR-fest", focusing not so much on dealing damage but rather making sure your own team offers the lowest possible point rewards, so that if your opponent is focusing on anything else and you can get in for just one good hit on them, you pick up so many points as to gain an insurmountable lead even if everyone on your team was to fall dead where they stand without doing anything else. And with stuff like Aron's Sturdy Endeavor and L2 Mega Lopunny's Scrappy Fake Out, it'll be extremely difficult to deny them that one good hit, pretty much all you can do is stoop down to join them with the same idea of fragile level 1s and 2s.

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
Also wayyyh over complicated it RNG
I just made the part about equations long, and in perspective of programmers, all they have to do is just insert another function in a bracket, I believe.

Also, the last three bullet points about new metagame premise ideas are p much what I expect people here to answer. Anything above that is my implementation of you and other people's advice on making metagame not too reliant on HO. Hope this clarifies my intension :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)