MLB 2015

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Reginald VelJohnson as Pedro Alvarez and the intentional VHS tracking tint on the picture pushed We Are Family Matters over the edge for me.

Sing with me BiGGiE !!!

They're a good team, I guess by baseball standards
Got a good bullpen and a decent offense too
They're a good team, crazy 'bout players who should be retired
Loves geezers and steroid users too

It's a long day, double header against Toronto
They're giving up hits all over the yard
They were winning, but their pitching couldn't hold um
They were tied up, until all those Blue Jays walks!

Yankee's are freeeeeeeee!!! Free falllllllllin'!!!!

Three walks with the bases loaded in the 11th
Sending groans all through the Bronx
All the Yanks fans go hide in the shadows
All Yanks fans with broken hearts

Yankee's are freeeeeeeee!!! Free falllllllllin'!!!

I wanna watch Nova have a 6 run inning
I wanna watch Ben Revere beat Capuano to the bag
I want the Yankees to free fall out of the playoffs
And turn into shit for a long ass while

Yankee's are freeeeeeeeeeee!!! Free faaaaaaaaallllllling!!!

When I pictured Marcus Stroman pitching in Yankee Stadium down the stretch I didn't picture it happening in front of about 20 disappointed Yankees fans in the rain

biggie

champ
Sing with me BiGGiE !!!

They're a good team, I guess by baseball standards
Got a good bullpen and a decent offense too
They're a good team, crazy 'bout players who should be retired
Loves geezers and steroid users too

It's a long day, double header against Toronto
They're giving up hits all over the yard
They were winning, but their pitching couldn't hold um
They were tied up, until all those Blue Jays walks!

Yankee's are freeeeeeeee!!! Free falllllllllin'!!!!

Three walks with the bases loaded in the 11th
Sending groans all through the Bronx
All the Yanks fans go hide in the shadows
All Yanks fans with broken hearts

Yankee's are freeeeeeeee!!! Free falllllllllin'!!!

I wanna watch Nova have a 6 run inning
I wanna watch Ben Revere beat Capuano to the bag
I want the Yankees to free fall out of the playoffs
And turn into shit for a long ass while

Yankee's are freeeeeeeeeeee!!! Free faaaaaaaaallllllling!!!
Which team is making the playoffs? Which team is 4th from the bottom in the American League?

Twins are 4 GB of you, so if you keep having five game losing streaks, you might find yourself in the same situation the Red Sox were in 2011.

Man watching that Halos comeback was amazing. What October baseball's all about. AL West crown and Wild Card chase coming down to game 162.

Also thanks Cincy for keeping Price

- signed, Cards fans

Man watching that Halos comeback was amazing. What October baseball's all about. AL West crown and Wild Card chase coming down to game 162.

Also thanks Cincy for keeping Price

- signed, Cards fans
If losing 13 straight at the end of the season and playing so bad that you get the no. 2 overall pick doesn't get you fired then what does? Fire Price. Fire Jocketty.... Please :(

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I can get on board with keeping Price around. I don't think he deserves it necessarily but ultimately if the players are simply playing like shit, well there's only so much he can do. Jocketty has needed to get the fuck out for years and it's just all the more apparent now.

Honestly, playoff time I'm just rooting for anyone but the Cards and maybe Yankees (but I have no personal distaste for them and it's been long enough since they've been dominant that I'm kinda like meh whatever).

Think about the current playoff teams for a moment.

Blue Jays: Playoff drought since 1993
Royals: Haven't won the World Series in 30 years
Rangers: Never won the World Series
Yankees: Only 1 World Series in 15 years (drought for them I guess)
Astros: Never won the World Series

Mets: Last won the world series in 1986 (FUCK Bill Buckner), first playoffs since 2006
Dodgers: Haven't won since 1988
Cubs: Trying to go from goat to G.O.A.T.
Pirates: Last world series in 1979

Oh, yeah. And then there is this one team I forgot. The FREAKING ST. LOUIS CARDINALS MOTHER FUCKERS.

No one is safe from their domination. Watch them win chumps.

Think about the current playoff teams for a moment.

Blue Jays: Playoff drought since 1993
Royals: Haven't won the World Series in 30 years
Rangers: Never won the World Series
Yankees: Only 1 World Series in 15 years (drought for them I guess)
Astros: Never won the World Series

Mets: Last won the world series in 1986 (FUCK Bill Buckner), first playoffs since 2006
Dodgers: Haven't won since 1988
Cubs: Trying to go from goat to G.O.A.T.
Pirates: Last world series in 1979

Oh, yeah. And then there is this one team I forgot. The FREAKING ST. LOUIS CARDINALS MOTHER FUCKERS.

No one is safe from their domination. Watch them win chumps.
I can only hope that the Cards choke

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Rangers win the division, knocking the Angels out of playoff contention AND David Freese (the man who broke my heart) is the one that fucked up? I think I'll never lose the hard on I've got right now

Kind of wanted to say something about Don Orsillo because of it being his last game as the Red Sox broadcaster... But I really don't have the words to say how much he has meant to me in my life. If you haven't heard a game called by Don, you have been missing out on a treat. Watching a broadcast always felt like going to a bar and watching the game with a group of friends. And Don was more than an announcer, he was my friend. I felt myself watching Red Sox games as a kid not only to watch the team, but to listen to Don and Jerry's stories and hi-jinks. He could turn a 0-20 loss into must see television... not because of being over the top or crazy, but by just being himself, flaws and all, and just letting the audience into his life.

Over the course of me being a Red Sox fan, I have had a lot of favorites come and go. Yet even when guys like Pedro or Terry Francona left the Red Sox, they did leave such a large hole as Don Orsillo. Much more than any player, manager, front office personnel, or legend... Don Orsillo was the heart and soul of Red Sox nation. He was Red Sox baseball. And it will take a long time to get use to him being gone...

If any of you are Padres fans... you are getting a great announcer and a great man...

More memories as I look through the good times...

Those moments where every time Don takes a picture in the booth with a celebrity, he crops out Jerry so he can put it on his wall with just him and the celebrity.

Last edited:

biggie

champ
The playoffs are finally here! Obviously I'm rooting for my Yanks but if they don't make it I hope the Pirates can take it down.

Also Matt Williams has been fired, pretty expected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)