MLB 2016

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Stallion with the biggest homer glasses ever it's hilarious

The umpire wasn't giving anything low and to the left of the plate and had it wide on the right. Fixed it up midway through the sixth. Jays got squeezed a ton too, strikeouts on Martin and Bautista were on crap calls.

Pretty sure the worst fans in baseball award goes to the team that misrepresents facts and lies all to glorify their greatest moment of the century: one of their players punching a guy. What's that you were saying about unlikeable players?

Stroman: played worse than last year
Sanchez: played up to his development curve
Dickey: average season
Estrada: repeated last year
Happ: outperformed past history

I count one unexpectedly good season. And our bats have been underperforming half the year to boot. The rangers wouldn't have even sniffed the playoffs if the jays were in the same division.

I'm excited to face the Indians or trash the red Sox, vs the tribe will be one hell of a series

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
God damn the melt is real
You're a Cardinals fan, you don't even know what it's like to lose, let alone in this garbage fashion again and again.

Pretty sure the worst fans in baseball award goes to the team that misrepresents facts and lies all to glorify their greatest moment of the century: one of their players punching a guy. What's that you were saying about unlikeable players?
You guys had to ban beer cans at your fucking home stadium cause you have so many shitstains for fans. I know some nice Jays fans irl, but I don't think those measures would have to be taken at any other baseball stadium in the entire first world.

As for the strikezone, once fangraphs has the data available, I'll bring it into this thread. I'll happily concede I was wrong if it shows otherwise, but from what I remember, we got squeezed on anything marginal and Osuna especially got some pretty damn lucky calls.

Also Sanchez played well above his development curve, he was projected to be great one day but wasn't even expected to start this season. Saying this was all expected this early is ludicrous. Estrada had half a good year last year, this was definitely a career year. I will give you Stroman and Dickey though. Edit: Didn't realise Estrada's full season numbers last year ended up that good. Still, you're talking a journeyman pitcher with a career ERA hovering a tick under 4 in his age 33 season. Still would say he's playing above where you'd expect.

Edit2: Brooks baseball says the following (link here)

Osuna had 1 blatant ball called for a strike. 1 blatant strike called for a ball.
Sanchez had 2 blatant strikes called for balls.
Grilli didn't benefit or get affected negatively.
Cecil didn't benefit or get affected negatively
Biagini had 1 blatant ball called for a strike.

Lewis didn't benefit or get affected negatively.
Kela didn't benefit or get affected negatively.
Diekman didn't benefit or get affected negatively.
Claudio had 2 blatant strikes called balls and 1 blatant ball called a strike
Jeffres didn't benefit or get affected negatively.
Bush had 4 blatant strikes called for balls.

So I stand corrected in that most of the game was called poorly, it clearly wasn't. Maybe it was my recency bias of watching Bush pitch last for us, but he got squeezed horribly in a tight game. Shit like that matters when a game goes to extra innings. I'm not talking marginal calls, this shit was blatantly in the strike zone.

Last edited:
If you're a Jays fan, and I'm assuming you are, you shouldn't have even been in the postseason in the first place if Buck Showalter didn't have a brain aneurysm. So how about you pipe the fuck down and take your medicine next round from one of two superior teams who will no doubt obliterate you.
The Jays actually aren't actually a bad playoff team. They have scary hitting, and they have an it-will-do rotation. The bullpen is kind of the weakness. While they are a definite #4 seed, they aren't a terrible team.

What a fucking series though. The remaining playoff teams are all scary imo. I can see any of them winning it all. It'll be exciting as hell. Just praying the Cubs continue to produce magic.

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
bye bye bluejays & ee went down swinging in probably his last AB as a jay

Last edited:

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
lol edwin is 100% staying

jose probably gone tho

indians are pretty cool, going to be interesting to see them vs cubs

sucks we coudn't win it, fortunate for cubbies tho cause if the jays come back from 3-0 that momentum carries you through the series

Mizuhime

is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
indians are pretty cool, going to be interesting to see them vs cubs
you act like they haven't been shut out 2 games in a row and their bats aren't ice cold

we'll see tonight if anything really changes but the might just win because lackey is on the mound. Not to mention they still have to deal with Kershaw at least once more

Mizuhime

well their bats kinda woke up, they still have 3 goofs doing nothing however.

Also that blown call blew my mind, how do you blow a call that bad when you have video replay

edit: dodgers are playing like blind children

Last edited:
THE CHICAGO CUBS ARE IN THE WORLD SERIES!
I REPEAT, THE CHICAGO CUBS ARE IN THE WORLD SERIES!
THIS IS NOT A DRILL!
I REPEAT, THIS IS NOT A DRILL!
Yo but for real this WS is gonna be amazing given the historical context. But as a Reds fan, this WS is disgusting.

I have no idea how this series is going to end up.

God damn..if these Cubs pull it off. The whole city and fanbase is going to lose its mind and it'll be brilliant. There's nothing like this century old curse, that thousands of fans have been watching for their entire lives. Same with the Indians to an extent. As a Cubs fan there's no way in hell im getting cocky and feeling comfortable about this matchup, just hope it happens. Indians are on a dream run and have battled through adversity this year. I live in Michigan atm, and all I've heard is Indians, Indians, Indians. They're solid.

Why Cubs fans are super confident and talking shit is beyond me..

Just so tired of the curse, being lovable losers, getting close here and there, potential, our fan base turning into people that just want to get drunk and watch us lose. It's just baseball, it's all just fun, but it's time to end the drought.

Ironic how if they do win it all, the appeal of being a cursed franchise and the butt of all these jokes ends, which is what in a way attracts people to them.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I like both teams, but I don't want the factory of sadness to have two champions at once and get deluded into thinking that Cleveland isn't a shit hole of a city, so go Cubs!

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I want the Cubbies to win as NL Central reps.
I want the Cubbies to lose as division rivals to my Reds.

I want the Injuns to win as an Ohio native and resident.
I want the Injuns to lose because fuck the AL and designated hitters.

help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)