Monotype Player of the Week #11: iVid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confluxx [Old]

Banned deucer.
Approved by scpinion
Based off of other potws

Banner by Acast

Hey everyone and welcome to the eleventh installment of Monotype Player of the Week!

This week I have a council member, Monotype room moderstor and a good player in general; iVid! Before we get into it, this will be a weekly thing where I interview well known players to try and see into their mind a bit. If anyone has any suggestions on who I should interview, feel free to contact me on PS. Anyway, let's get to it!

iVid

To start off with, tell us a little bit about yourself.
I'm just a standard teenager and likes to play video games. I like playing games such as overwatch and super smash bros. I also enjoy running outside as well.

What is your favorite Pokemon?
This is a tie between Victini and Mega Gardevoir. Victini because of my love for Fire types and Psyshic Types. Mega Gardevoir because I have memories of playing Pokemon Saphire with Gardevoir on my team and it had so many cool ad-ons in xy with Mega and Fairy typing.

How did you get your username?
Don't really know I just like Vid sounded and how it was easy to remember not real reason behind it

How did you get into Monotype?
It was Summer 2013 and some league called Ylissean League was hosting a tour for Dragon Gym Leader. I joined the tour never having played Monotype and won. I met people Like Tesla and Dolph in this league. Eventually the league grew rotten with politics and I left. I then joined a league called Mangolia league and Met Barida and Antyya Longtime friends and both respected Monotype Players. After that I stopped playing Monotype for a while and got back into it in XY and have countined to play.

What do you feel you're most known for?
Being on Council and being Mod in Monotype Room. Also people might know me for being more of a paste gen Monotype Player

What is the Pokemon you use the most?
Landorus and Mega Medicham are two Pokemon I feel like I use a lot both being big threats and having very few counters in the monotype metagame

What is your favorite type to use in Monotype, and what is your favorite type overall?
My favorite type to use would definitely be Fire. This is because Charizard-Y is very fun to use along with other good Pokemon such as Darmanitan. Also some people know me for the brief period I used fire on the ladder and it was a blast

What playstyle do you prefer?
Offense because I like to aggressive in my games although Monotype does not require much prediction when using offense, I like having the upper hand and being in control which offense provides.

How do you feel about where you stand in the community right now?
I feel alright as an individual, but being part of council I see a lot of hate directed to me for being part of the group. I feel the community needs to stop being negative as whole toward tiering philosophy

Are there any players you looked up to when you were starting out or still look up to?
Antyya and Tesla were two players I looked up and still look up to today. Tesla because he used Electric in Gen 5 and Gen 6 and peaked on the ladder. Antyya for being good at Flying in Gen5 where Defog was not present. I felt Antyya always knows how to get the upper hand in battle which I still admire.

Any players that you think are underrated and that we will see a lot from in the future?
TheThorn and Confluxx are two good players that don't receive the amount of attention as top players.

What advice would you give to newer players?
The Monotype forum has a vast amount of resources and use them. You can also check analyses that are being uploaded as we speak. Also don't hesitate to ask experienced players for advice most of them are happy to help a new generation of Monotype Players.

What are you looking forward to in Gen 7?
New Typings

To finish things off, could you share a team with your favorite type and playstyle and give a short explanation for it?
This is just a standard Volt-turn Offensive Team featuring Scarf Heatran one of my favorite Pokemon to use in Monotype
Torkoal @ Leftovers
Ability: White Smoke
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Lava Plume
- Yawn
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Darmanitan @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Infernape @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 212 Atk / 44 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Taunt
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Overheat

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power

Well that concludes this interview, feel free to ask your questions down below!

Seo.

Nice guys always finish last...
Out of all the pokemon revealed so far in Sun/Moon which one do u like most?

Top 3 Monotype battlers this meta?

What would you expect to see in the Sun/Moon metagame? What you would like to see?

From the position of a council member like you, what is it like? How are you treated?

scpinion

Life > Monotype... unfortunately :)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Another council question!

If it was 100% up to you, how would you approach tiering at the turn of the generation?
Ban lots of 'mons and slowly let them back into the meta (i.e. the koko system)?
Unban a bunch of the stuff we banned in XY/ORAS so they can be used in the meta initially?
Leave the current banlist and let the new 'mons join?
Something else?

Vid

Our life is what our thoughts make it
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Out of all the pokemon revealed so far in Sun/Moon which one do u like most?

Top 3 Monotype battlers this meta?
Alola Exeggutor
Paleo Rnbs Filler (Balto or Ridley)
What would you expect to see in the Sun/Moon metagame? What you would like to see?

From the position of a council member like you, what is it like? How are you treated?
I expect to see broken Pokemon
I want to see New Typings and Knock Off nerf or Steel resisting dark again

I feel like I'm treated alright I guess since I'm not very vocal
It's nerve racking making decisions for metagame knowing that no matter what is done somebody won't be happy
Another council question!

If it was 100% up to you, how would you approach tiering at the turn of the generation?
Ban lots of 'mons and slowly let them back into the meta (i.e. the koko system)?
Unban a bunch of the stuff we banned in XY/ORAS so they can be used in the meta initially?
Leave the current banlist and let the new 'mons join?
Something else?
I would look at both options carefully weighing pros and cons of doing each option
I would go with No-Type Bans to stay consistent with Smogon and to reap rewards for being on Smogon
I feel like certain controversial Pokemon we banned in xy could come back but I doubt anything would be unbanned (Sorry no Mega Gengar :) )
The only controversial Pokemon I feel that could be unbanned in Mega Altaria other than that no
Hoppa-U only thing I would want to see go

If you could buff any type, which one, and how?

Why do most of my best friends spell my name with an extra n, or y?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)