Project Monotype Player of the Week #24: 6ti

Confluxx [Old]

Banned deucer.
Approved by scpinion
Based off of other potws

Hey everyone and welcome to the twenty-fourth installment of Monotype Player of the Week!

This week I have a Room Driver and consistent Monotype contributor; 6ti! Before we get into it, this will be a weekly thing where I interview well known players to try and see into their mind a bit. I'm picking off from where I left off in ORAS, for other Player of the Week interviews check out the Gen 6 Monotype forums. If anyone has any suggestions on who I should interview, feel free to contact me on PS. Anyway, let's get to it!

6ti

Favorite Pokemon: probably victini, cacturne, or cobalion
Most used Pokemon: breloom or keldeo
Most known for: winning/haxing my way through the cap mono tour, being a driver i guess, and maybe being an alt?​

Confluxx:
Sup 6ti, how are you today?
6ti: i'm pretty good i guess

Confluxx: When did you get into Pokemon? How did you find PS and Smogon?
6ti: i played my first pokemon game (it was Y, i got it for christmas) in 2013 or something, and although the story was boring, i enjoyed the battling. I found PS from a couple of friends that i knew from sm4sh, but they just played randbats, and i eventually made a smogon because someone in the room told me to or something.

Confluxx: How'd you get into Monotype? Was it the first metagame you started playing or did you discover it later?
6ti: mono was the first metagame that i ever played unless randbats counts, another group of smash friends started playing mono but i was the only one who really stayed with it.

Confluxx: How did you get your username?
6ti: my school gives us email accounts and they're like (your last name) + 3 characters@ gmail.com or whatever and mine was 6TI, so i just stuck with that.

Confluxx: What is your favorite thing about Monotype?
6ti: my favorite thing about monotype is probably being able to use pokemon that never see any usage in most other tiers that i play, like torkoal, armaldo, and lanturn.

Confluxx: What is your favorite type to use in Monotype?
6ti: this is pretty hard to answer, since i don't like to consistently use the same type or be known for a specific one. in oras my favorite was probably fighting, but it's pretty shit now so i suppose it's fairy since i liked it in oras + it's super good (arguably the best) this gen

Confluxx: You were unknown in the community for a while until you got voiced, and after a short time playing and contributing to this metagame you're a staff member and active contributor on the forums. Reflect on this a bit and give us your thoughts. When starting out, did you think you would get to where you are today? If yes, did you expect it to happen so quickly?
6ti: when i started about a year ago, i never expected to be voice and even when i got it i didn't think i deserved it. when i was first voiced, i was REALLY bad and i was probably voiced too early (my forum contributions were also pretty bad, i'm not sure how i got it) but now i guess i'm decent staff member. i don't think i ever tried to get a staff rank, i didn't really go out of my way to contribute and i guess it just happened

Confluxx: Who are your best friends that you've met on PS?
6ti: Eien, Its Hatch, Hammy, Omega-Xis, and Bax are some of the most fun/nice people i've met on ps/smogon, they're great friends

Confluxx: What is your favorite memory on PS / Smogon?
6ti: i've made a lot of other great memories but this one comes to mind first. sometime in the middle of this summer, i was trying to pull an all nighter for no actual reason and at one point i decided to build some kind of ho dark but with cacturne. i sent it to eien and he's like "bro ur cacturne is lonely" and it just didn't register with me that lonely was the nature that i had accidentally given it so i had absolutely no clue wtf he was talking about and didnt realize it until the next day. another time there was a user whose name i am intentionally leaving out who discovered he had around 4 different smogon accounts and ended up pming a smog staff member about it (and included his password for whatever reason) to delete them. we never found out what happened, but i'm pretty sure the staff member just ignored him.

Confluxx: Who are, in your mind, the top Monotype players at the moment?
6ti: people like eien, paleo, sabella (although he's busy with SPL) were some of the best players in oras and i'm sure they're still great in s/m. it's still early in this gen(i.e. waiting for mpl to judge people) so i sorta have to go off of what i knew about players in oras.

Confluxx: Any players that you used to look up to when starting out or still look up to?
6ti: i've already mentioned eien like 4 times but i'll do it again, he's literally the only reason i'm decent at this game. when i started i looked up to basically every staff member, which i don't do anymore because we're sorta equal. other people like sabella and omega-xis (when he still played pokemon) inspired me when i was started and still do. also there's azelea, who i havent really talked to that often, he's probably the nicest person ever.

Confluxx: Any up-and-coming Monotype players that you think we'll see a lot more from in the future?
6ti: pretty sure torkool did decently well in mono's blt, its hatch will have good results if he learns to have some confidence. I haven't looked at the community very much recently, so hopefully i get impressed.

Confluxx: MPL is going to start soon. What are your hopes and thoughts about it?
6ti: what do you mean starting soon? isn't it in june or soemthing? anyway, i hope we don't do any OMs this time - they're not really competitive. Lots of Oldgens like bw, dpp, oras + sumo and maybe monothreat/doubles sounds like a good lineup. if we actually start tiering some OMs that are decent like mono LC i can see that getting a slot. i also kinda want to manage tbh, hopefully i can

Confluxx: Do you have any advice for newer players?
6ti: learn to understand that you're going to be wrong sometimes and it's okay if you learn from the mistake. the worst possible way to start off in this community is make a bunch of overconfident/edgy posts that make you look like you're borderline braindead. nobody will judge you for lurking the forum or asking questions. there's also nothing wrong with using (good) samples teams and other resources, we have them for a reason.

Confluxx: Tell us a bit more about yourself. What kind of music do you listen to? What do you do in your free time? etc.
6ti: i'm just a boring high school kid from the middle of nowhere in Pennyslvania - i don't really do anything exceptional. i play tennis, in band i play the euphonium and i want to go into a career involving music but i still have a lot of time to decide with that. When it comes to music, i actually really like piano and orchestral/band pieces like this, this, and this. I also really enjoy fantasy/mystery novels, or any fiction book that tells a good story, really.

Well that concludes this interview. Feel free to post your questions below.

why is an alt being interviewed?
wh

Thoughts?
that picture is too aids to justify a response, but eien is the real snake anyway.

Who is your #1 anime waifu? Based on this I'm going to have to say Kumiko.
I haven't watched hibike nor do i plan to, but it's a tie between mahiru koizumi from danganronpa and chelsea from akame ga kill (agk was terrible, she was the only good part of it)

Hey 5+1 dragon nub 6!

1. True or False - "All the necessary quick bans have taken place and it's time to begin suspect testing."

2. Name one type which you think is good in the current meta but would rather not use.

3. Most importantly, which is more likely to happen for you: 6-0 in a Monotype game OR 6-0 in a tennis set?

Hey 5+1 dragon nub 6!

1. True or False - "All the necessary quick bans have taken place and it's time to begin suspect testing."

2. Name one type which you think is good in the current meta but would rather not use.

3. Most importantly, which is more likely to happen for you: 6-0 in a Monotype game OR 6-0 in a tennis set?
1. True
2. Ground
3. neither would ever happen but 6-0 in mono

6ti a player of the week? Looks like nepotism to me
  1. Favorite official tier and why?
  2. Do you have any goals that you're striving for right now?
  3. Is there anything about being room staff that you think most people don't realize or know about?
  4. If you could ban or unban any one thing or rule without regard for complexity or anything else in Monotype, what would it be?
  5. How do you think you stand in the community right now, and how do you feel about it?
  6. What's your opinion on league culture in Monotype? Side servers? Clique culture?

Reactions: 6ti
6ti a player of the week? Looks like nepotism to me
[1]Favorite official tier and why?
[2]Do you have any goals that you're striving for right now?
[3]Is there anything about being room staff that you think most people don't realize or know about?
[4]If you could ban or unban any one thing or rule without regard for complexity or anything else in Monotype, what would it be?
[5]How do you think you stand in the community right now, and how do you feel about it?
[6]What's your opinion on league culture in Monotype? Side servers? Clique culture?
1. My favorite official tier is either (oras) OU or Ubers. I'm not very good at either but I think that the metagames are relatively stable and enjoyable, although I haven't played much of either recently. I also want to play more DPP OU, because it's extremely fun and sometimes I want to play a meta that doesn't have Lando or Keldeo. Last gen I also played PU for a little bit, but I never really grasped it and probably won't be playing Su/Mo PU.
2. idk if this is mons specific or not so i'll just answer twice
Mons: I'd like to become a well known tour player outside of mono, because at times this community can be very restricting because of all the shenanigans people pull and have pulled, and there's a noticable lack of respect for mono players/OMs in general, which is why I rarely play any of them. Not that I'd stop playing Mono, but other tiers that actually matter would have priority.
Real Life: I'd like to go to college somewhere for music, but that's not going to happen soon. The college is likely IUP, that's where everyone I've talked to has told me to go. After that, hopefully get the hell out of Pennsylvania, or at least this part of it. I don't like small rural areas at all and it feels like there's nothing but that for miles where I am.
3. A lot of people don't realize what being a roomstaff member means at all. I'm not going to go into that, but you have to babysit our room and its cancerous users, which is why a lot of staff don't usually talk in there.
4. If I could ban anything, it's probably trapping abilities (Arena Trap and Shadow Tag). Honestly I don't think dugtrio is as bad in mono as it is/was in other tiers, but they should probably be banned together. Gothitelle is also really fucking annoying.
5. I don't think I have a very good standing in the community atm just because I don't have any results at all. People probably still think I'm as bad as I was in around October. In truth i've definitely improved (trying not to sound like i have a huge ego but it's not working) but I don't know if i'm good enough to go for a decent price in MPL or have results in seasonal/open.
6. I think league culture is fucking awful and is easily the worst part of monotype. So many shitty things happen on side servers, such as former roomauth on main stealing from minors via online gambling scams. The whole culture of leagues prevents improvement because very few users who use these side servers over main actually make an effort to improve AND actually get better (there's a difference between thinking you're good and being good). If they moved back to main where actual competition was, they would actually improve, except that's never going to happen because why would they give up free global rank, bucks, and emotes??? The existence of side servers promotes this mentality, which is why i think both are absolute cancer.

/rant over
As for cliques, they will always exist across PS and don't really cause too many problems unless they go out of their way to. They're much healthier than leagues.

Last edited:

Ren

i swore lips were made for lies
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Mons: I'd like to become a well known tour player outside of mono, because at times this community can be very restricting because of all the shenanigans people pull and have pulled, and there's a noticable lack of respect for mono players/OMs in general, which is why I rarely play any of them. Not that I'd stop playing Mono, but other tiers that actually matter would have priority.
I agree with what you're stating here which is why I have to ask: Do you see a way of dealing with this lack of respect towards the OM/Mono community and OMs/Mono in general? If so, how?

On a lighter note, you mentioned that you rarely play other OMs. Which OMs have you played, and which one out of those was your favorite? Which OM would you like to learn out of the ones you haven't played?

Moosical

big yikes
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
3. A lot of people don't realize what being a roomstaff member means at all. I'm not going to go into that, but you have to babysit our room and its cancerous users, which is why a lot of staff don't usually talk in there.
I agree with this, it seems like the room has gone hill the past few months. Do you have any ideas to remedy this or maybe improve the community overall?

Your taste in danganronpa characters is trash

1. Favorite flavor of ice cream?
2. Do you have any career goals?
3. Where do you see yourself on PS in 5 years?
4. Favorite cuisine? inb4 kid cuisine
5. Also just to address a comment you made, I get that you don't like side servers, but a reason you highlighted is that ppl there don't try to improve. Why is that something so negative for you?
6. What is your favorite team that you have built or had the most success with?

6. I think league culture is fucking awful and is easily the worst part of monotype. So many shitty things happen on side servers, such as former roomauth on main stealing from minors via online gambling scams. The whole culture of leagues prevents improvement because very few users who use these side servers over main actually make an effort to improve AND actually get better (there's a difference between thinking you're good and being good). If they moved back to main where actual competition was, they would actually improve, except that's never going to happen because why would they give up free global rank, bucks, and emotes??? The existence of side servers promotes this mentality, which is why i think both are absolute cancer.

/rant over
As for cliques, they will always exist across PS and don't really cause too many problems unless they go out of their way to. They're much healthier than leagues.

I agree with what you're stating here which is why I have to ask: Do you see a way of dealing with this lack of respect towards the OM/Mono community and OMs/Mono in general? If so, how?

On a lighter note, you mentioned that you rarely play other OMs. Which OMs have you played, and which one out of those was your favorite? Which OM would you like to learn out of the ones you haven't played?
The only plausible way I can see this happening is if the aids people chill out/quit, and even if that happens, the people who are prejudiced/biased against those communities will probably stay biased. In actuality, it's quite unlikely that would ever happen.

The only om's I've ever seriously tried were aaa and (monotype)tier shift, the latter was definitely more fun. If I had to learn one I'd say it would be MnM, although I hear the leadership isn't in a great place atm so i'm not sure.

I agree with this, it seems like the room has gone hill the past few months. Do you have any ideas to remedy this or maybe improve the community overall?
We could either be much more strict (and cause more problems with people questioning why we're being so strict), or we could constantly try to redirect chat. The latter makes it sound like it's okay to say off topic things constantly, so actions would likely have to be taken eventually. If you have any ideas hmu

Your taste in danganronpa characters is trash
1. Favorite flavor of ice cream?
2. Do you have any career goals?
3. Where do you see yourself on PS in 5 years?
4. Favorite cuisine? inb4 kid cuisine
5. Also just to address a comment you made, I get that you don't like side servers, but a reason you highlighted is that ppl there don't try to improve. Why is that something so negative for you?
6. What is your favorite team that you have built or had the most success with?
stfu u like mikan LOL
1. Strawberry by far.
2. Like I said above somewhere in this thread, I want to either teach music or be a professional musician. If that doesn't work, I honestly don't know. Picking something to do for the rest of my life is hard.
3. Probably going on occasionally, but likely retired from roomstaff. I'd be either too busy with college or just uninterested in mono.
4. Probably italian since I'm italian
5. If you're not interested in improving, then it's not really a problem, that's up to you and being casual is fine. But the nature of leagues is competitive - look at all the tournaments that are directed towards leagues - BotL, ULC, etc. and if you play for your league in these competitive events, you're wasting your time if you're not simultaneously trying to improve. I'm a very competitive person so my point of view is likely skewed.
lol sike slurp teams from someone else

Apotropaic (Charizard) (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast

Fall of Fall (Gliscor) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 196 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off

Cemetary (Dragonite) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Native Faith (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 84 SpD / 172 Spe
Calm Nature
- Substitute
- Discharge
- Roost
- Toxic

Princess Inada (Skarmory) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 224 HP / 160 Def / 124 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Iron Head
- Whirlwind

Autumnal Waterfall (Mantine) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic

This is a pretty basic Su/Mo balance flying that i brought vs misaka for r4 of seasonal. Chary + Band Dnite makes a really scary wallbreaking core that gets backed up by the defensive backbone of Mantine/Skarmory/Gliscor. Mantine and skarmory defog away rocks so you can bring Zard/Dnite in more often. i'm pretty bad at explaining teams so heres a replay

Last edited:

iLlama

Nothing personal, I protect my people
A fellow Italian, oml, my own kindred are becoming snakes.

1. Favorite pasta?
2. Favorite type of sauce?
3. Favorite cheese?
4. Gelato or ice cream?
5. Favorite Italian dessert? If you say cannoli you're dead to me.
6. Thoughts on the Pope?

Unimportant questions:

1. Favorite video game series?
2. How do you approach matches against both well-known and unknown players in tournament?
3. You've talked about your career goals and what you want to accomplish, but what is something you've dreamed of becoming?

A fellow Italian, oml, my own kindred are becoming snakes.

1. Favorite pasta?
2. Favorite type of sauce?
3. Favorite cheese?
4. Gelato or ice cream?
5. Favorite Italian dessert? If you say cannoli you're dead to me.
6. Thoughts on the Pope?

Unimportant questions:

1. Favorite video game series?
2. How do you approach matches against both well-known and unknown players in tournament?
3. You've talked about your career goals and what you want to accomplish, but what is something you've dreamed of becoming?
1. Ravioli
2. Alfredo
3. Provolone
4. Never actually had gelato :[
5. Tiramisu I think?
6. I'm actually not catholic, so I haven't really followed that.

1. This is really hard because I've never played all the games in a series due to lack of consoles. I started emulating old fire emblem games (started with 7) yesterday, I've played some of kingdom hearts, and I really enjoy shin megami tensei but I've never finished one. Probably one of those 3.
2. It ultimately depends on the tier. In ou, I rarely scout, unless it's a well known player. In mono i try to cteam as much as possible, but if they have very few mono replays or are basically a random, I just bring a team I'm confident with.
3. I want to travel. When the summer that I was going from 6th to 7th grade, I got to travel to europe for 19 days, and it was probably my favorite trip i've ever been on. I want to see more places, like Dubai, London (again), NYC, Tokyo, etc. basically i love big cities.

Last edited:

/rant over
Referring to me 6ti? You should have just tagged me. I don't remember doing anything to you, but you were acting so nice and polite the last time we talked. What happened to you? I didn't even get a single cent, but sure, blame me for the whole thing. Don't you log on the side server under alts just to shitpost and talk smack? Being a bit of a hypocrite aren't you when you're not acting the most pleasant and doing it all while hiding. Or would you deny all of this?

Got some questions though
1.) What Pokemon do you think deserves more attention in Monotype as far as suspect testing goes? And why?
2.) As competitive as you claim to be, what do you think is inhibiting your growth and what do you do to avoid stagnation?
3.) Lastly, your next goal in Monotype? Mod? A nice spot on the ladder? Placing highly in a tournament?

EDIT: That's a nice and mature response 6ti. It's a good thing you avoided responding to my statements else it might have looked bad on you. You shouldn't contradict yourself though. If you had a problem with me, should have taken it up with me in PMs, but don't sneak a diss in and then say I should take it to your PMs. Would also help your case not to blatantly lie. You said you don't blame me for it, but clearly blamed me for it in your earlier statement.

Last edited:
Referring to me 6ti? You should have just tagged me. I don't remember doing anything to you, but you were acting so nice and polite the last time we talked. What happened to you? I didn't even get a single cent, but sure, blame me for the whole thing. Don't you log on the side server under alts just to shitpost and talk smack? Being a bit of a hypocrite aren't you when you're not acting the most pleasant and doing it all while hiding. Or would you deny all of this?

Got some questions though
1.) What Pokemon do you think deserves more attention in Monotype as far as suspect testing goes? And why?
2.) As competitive as you claim to be, what do you think is inhibiting your growth and what do you do to avoid stagnation?
3.) Lastly, your next goal in Monotype? Mod? A nice spot on the ladder? Placing highly in a tournament?
I tried to avoid mentioning your name there for people who didn't know, but I guess that didn't work. And for the record, I didn't blame you for the whole thing. If you want to discuss this, I'd prefer if we did it in PMs on main rather than causing a fight on this thread.
====
1. This is probably a standard response by now, but Magearna. I'd be fine with a suspect for it, not sure what I would vote. Insane defensive typing, Soul Heart, it's sorta difficult to scout sets at preview (although AV isn't incredibly difficult to play around. it's not bad, it's just noticeably less threatening than shift gear/TR/Specs) i could write more but cba
2. ngl, i feel like mono is sorta inhibiting my growth as a player. i'd like to focus more on s/m and oras ou. i'll still play mono but it's sorta stagnant atm. to avoid stagnation, i usually end up building and playing against some friends.
3. I'd like to win a big tournament, whether it's mpl, seasonal, or open. i don't care too much about where i am on ladder as long as it's at a spot where i get decent players unless i'm trying to make a rmt, then i turn into a tryhard.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bax

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)