Multifaction Recruitment Mafia - Night 13 (Deadline: 17/01 10:00pm GMT/5:00pm EST)

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Also, ggwp to all. I can say with confidence that we won only due to sheer dumb luck, and would like to mention that Grass consistently wrecked us with their night action predictions, specifically as surrounded Ditto's role. I will have nightmares about that for a while. Well played by Former and internet, among all the others who I'm sure pitched in.

While things got off to a rather rocky start with Water and there were plenty of stabs, I did enjoy our late-game talks a lot Blazade, and also all of the cat-and-mouse conversations with Bass and billymills. I also am sad by how the whole misunderstanding between apricity and think he 100% deserved MVP - for the time he was in here, he outplayed us pretty decisively.

Finally, I want to thank my entire faction. It was amazing getting to play with you all again and you really made this a fun experience. Thanks to Gmax Yeti Mekkah Ampharos zorbees ariariadne in particular, who were there from the beginning and who helped keep me sane these past few weeks.

The Fire faction spreadsheet is here, though by the end of the game I suspect everyone had a full one so it's more of a moot point than in most games: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lssaanfetbPXWFxkL9otq9cdlK7sdAt8TCRqmo5s--4/edit#gid=0.

GGWP all, and hope you will all come back in a month or two to join my 50-player OC Mafia vs. Village game!

Congrats fire

Sorry to water and grass for coming so close

thank u Tommy for making the best of an awful situation and stepping up to host real mvp.

Hope regardless win or lose, opinion of the setup or whatnot, you all had, at least, some fun at the end of the day. Thanks for signing up for such a big game everyone
Where are the other chats

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
list of retcons, hotfixes, midgame modifications, and inconsistencies told to teams:
  1. jumpluff: infiltrator originally only was immune to hooks/redirects, later added immunity to bodyguards after ipl "read the bulbapedia page." however, the bg action in this game was the move Protect, and the bulbapedia page never mentions Protect once, only screens/reflectives/substitute. so by ipl's move choice, Infiltrator should NOT have pierced bg.
  2. mewtwo: double day had no speed tier, was changed to be unblockable/either 100 or 101 speed
  3. shedinja: we inspected this role and received a pm initially saying 2 actions which he quickly corrected to 3. this role literally died on n1 to two actions targeting it (bus driver and mimic), but pidge reported he received the role pm stating 3; eli changed the role from 2 to 3 pre-game. this role also had a broken interaction with the grass factional due to how many one-shots, day roles, and non-targeting roles like announcer there were, which could've potentially allowed it to 1v20 if revived before grass's elimination with the right combination of remaining roles alive.
  4. maushold: votes began stacking n3, after recruiting moved to 2/phase, votes began stacking n0 or n1 (not needed buff)
  5. malamar: ipl told freelancer ln that the blackmail was not forced, and disobedience was punished with not a godkill, but a 'kill' by the blackmailer. this kill could be protected with a bodyguard. the pm also states 'any and all' abilities must be used on the blackmail target but ipl informed us amy's doubled mimic only required 1 of the two mimics to be used on zorbees (and the kill, had she carried it). the blackmail being disobeyable AND bodyguardable appear to have not been told to any faction and actively implied against being possible. tommy seemed to interpret it as a forced redirect as well, instead of a choice to obey or die. this had massive implications if gmax could not bg cancerous but instead self-protect and wipe the grass kill as well.
  6. plusle/minun: began as perma-prio lowerer, changed to high priority prio-lower for one night
  7. nosepass/magnezone: began literally just as announcers. no vote mechanic. lightwolf asked ipl if he could use his announce as a secret vote and ipl agreed, then changed it for dak as well. bruh.
  8. ditto: gained the ability to use day actions, lost the ability to use conditionals, but what a "conditional" night ability is was not consistent between mimes. it was also allowed to commute during the day, then use non-kill actions at night, which i think is antithetical to the commuter role as ditto now becomes unblockable.
  9. clefable: used to have every role used on it permanently absorbed and usable endlessly............................. lmao.
  10. all one-shots only usable after recruitment: this changed every one-shot to not be usable until on a team. it's probably the least offensive change but still shows poor pre-game planning
  11. toucannon: ipl told bluedoom two different answers about how his mimic worked with protective (?) roles. also originally could bounce kills back without learning alignment but ipl changed that as well
  12. stunfisk: ipl told us that amy could not mimic snap trap or have one of her own out, and it was a limited role. ipl allowed ditto to use the role after laurel's death, saying it was NOT limited. or it was "unlimited" or some other addled verbiage that was inconsistent with what he told us, when it was our role.
  13. freelancer speccing: this is not a role but ipl permitted ln to spectate/interact with the fire server, but rejected martin's request to do the same. i object to this on a personal level: if one dead FL was allowed in to still have some game participation, all three should have been allowed to join a server, with the condition they could only be revived by said team.
  14. audino: one cycle we were informed amy/me/wolv were targeted by mediator, no other nights were we informed of this despite the sheet showing we were targeted by it. not sure if it was meant to be silent or not. pm says "all abilities" but its speed tier is too low.
  15. beeheyem: the role pm states the target will not be informed of this. however n1 sam received a "strange dimension" result that could only have been wonder room after seeing more of the game. tommy did not give us this result when zorbees died to the rssp1 redirect onto him, but i asked if that was a mistake as sam received it, and he said yes, since sam received it. i am unclear if this result was given nightly when rssp1 used the role, he says he used it successfully on AG but "strange dimension" is NOT a result we were given on AG ever so it appears ipl changed it, maybe after we instantly guessed the flavor was a negative vote.
  16. charizard/blastoise/venusaur: this is the most innocuous one and it was fixed between when sam (first faction leader) received his role pm and when joey/tommy did. sam received the rolename flareon and said "oh i thought i'd be charizard" and ipl changed the names to the 3 starters instead of flareon/vapenation/leafeon lol
  17. mr mime: the mr mime role was, mimic target NX, MUST use that mimic NX+1. ipl allowed cancerous/clefable to use the mimics early, which gave him electrify and blackmail, and then allowed him to SAVE blackmail for nights. this should not have worked based on amy's role pm but evidently ipl treated the mimic as becoming one of cancerous' stockpiles.
  18. ninjask/blaziken: when asked how self-protect's speed tier 100 worked against these two's prio kill, ipl informed gmax he should "go with the speed tiers over flavor" however the prio kill HAS no speed tier. the prio-boost-on-ally does, 99, but that does not outspeed self-protect, 100.
  19. runerigus: ipl gave different people different answers on whether individuals who began as not-mummy, but had their role swapped with mummy, would show their original role pms or current/mummy role pms upon death. he also told ditto he could swap peoples' roles, giving them mummy, but NOT losing his original ditto graverobber-type role, "because it would be funny."

always happy to add previously-unknown eldritch horrors to the salt pile!

actual comments:

gg everyone, it was fun to get to see all the old timers again and talk with new players. i am glad we had a reunion game but i am sorry for how it devolved with the numerous questionable host decisions dating back like 15 years (don't groom kids pls and ty).

i think my two biggest what-if's for this game are what if sam/tommy were swapped and sam won the d1 on hal, does ipl make a fool of himself accusing people without getting all the info still?
and what if i went to grass on d1, because i texted sam shortly after the game began and said "so who's your n0, gmax? dle?" and both were n0s lol, but i also knew amy claimed to sam and what she was and i had a strong suspicious ria was her doubler companion, so if i went to grass i could have popped double day and turbo'd sam/gmax, leaving just amy and the d2 recruit. could've been a wild game. agape also isn't on grass or i am there tot ell him not to act a fool and vote out skipper just for no discord, maybe he does it anyway idk lmao.

great job fire team!! everyone on our team was great and it was fun to have everyone. we thought pulsar's role was suspiciously weak but it turned out to be the game-winner (and grass was supposed to recruit her but never did, so we took her), so what do any of us know eh?? when nobody's super, uh, the rogue is? i had a great time working with everyone on fire and talking to the others in the game i spoke with. former was a good faction rep we enjoyed talking to him. water made some good strategic plays to pull themselves back into an equal game/even be ahead at some points.

i will say i think we had the smoothest recruit pipeline. we whiffed on recruits the least and we also had 20 to 19 to 19, with 19 of those being individual pickups compared to 17 on the other two (due to the twins). we also figured out fairy was one of the last two recruits as everyone thought she had already been taken to someone else and she stonewalled all recruiters. we thought skipper had been on grass for several cycles so we didn't consider he was still open. i am proud of our recruit-finding, and several of our members came with a buddy they could verify were still FLs, so we got a lot of solid recruits off people knowing a guy. good work everyone to pull it out in the end. 1v2v2 was WILD and we thought for sure we were done for when we lost gmax, though fortunately we had all 3 knights. biggest team L moment was not listening to me defensive bus driver was too dangerous and sending ria to her death lol. you win some you lose some.

anyway again pleasure to play with anyone and i had a great time with fire. i think this is the first game gmax and i were on the same team!

i will use this final opportunity to promote that i will be hosting a game that i see as a mafia-social game hybrid, kind of based on my old Temple Mafia game, kind of pulling from genius game, but definitely with a village vs mafia format. I call it Betrayal in the Mafia on the Forum. i am not sure when this will be hosted as i think everyone needs time to detox from this month-long endeavor (fire chat constantly had like 1000+ messages waiting lol) but i do hope everyone joins!! i am pre-writing all flavors/results/such so there are no subjective host bamboozles.

Last edited:
Since i didn't win i must now publicly denounce this game and the winning team
I hope you understand that i do it purely out of obligation and hold no ill will but this game suck arses , fire bad host bad you scrubs I'd bend you in half in fortnite if it wasn't for those meddling other players

Since i didn't win i must now publicly denounce this game and the winning team
I hope you understand that i do it purely out of obligation and hold no ill will but this game suck arses , fire bad host bad you scrubs I'd bend you in half in fortnite if it wasn't for those meddling other players
nuh uh I have larry pokemon in fortnite

It was nice to see a lot of old faces. Great throwback to the past and overall fun even though I was too busy to do much.

for sure game had its problems without delving into host issues but in my old age I have recognized how hard it is to host games and this was pretty much thrown together last second when it went from 16 to 60 or whatever. Winning or losing isn’t as important as having a good time and enjoying the journey, so in that aspect it seems this game was a big success. Perhaps with more planning we can get another big game off the ground in a couple months.

bare minimum, see everyone again in another 15 years?

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
Since I finally have some downtime I'll share a few personal thoughts.

First if there is ever another three faction game, I ask that no team ever conspires to work with one team to eliminate the odd man out so that it becomes a 1v1. The justification I kept seeing for playing this way was to avoid possible kingmaker scenarios, but to be honest this is hardly a good excuse as it unjustifiably ruins the experience for a third of the players and is almost completely outside their control. Our faction also got some flack for having two of the three most powerful roles in the game (PB and Cancerous), but I honestly don't think we would have stood a chance without them since due to the aforementioned 2v1 making it very difficult for people with other powerful roles openly asking us to recruit them, the rest of our roles after early game were weaker than the other two factions. In addition most of our other power roles got killed very early in the game and the few good ones we picked up later were pretty much already marked for death by the other two factions. Without that we would have been relegated to kingmakers at the kids table long before the game even ended.

Also if it wasn't clear that type of strategy has a really obvious weakness in that by focus firing on one faction, they'll eventually be forced to start negotiating with us in order to win against the remaining faction that's mostly untouched. This is exactly what happened this game and was the key part of my "Survival Strategy #26". Honestly, it's a miracle that water wasted so many kills early in the game on protected (Yeti) or unkillable / uncoppable (jumpluff) people, if that didn't happen I am sure fire or grass would have been forced to stab the other much sooner. On our end we originally were hoping to focus on fire first because just about everyone on my faction found Former pretty difficult and stubborn to negotiate with. Then after popping the gladiate and seeing Whydon die first, we decided to focus on grass instead seeing it as the more doable option, but then the random bus drive along with the dayvig being popped on Laurel forced us to pivot again.

Beyond that I ask that people who might be new to OC to not be fully turned off by the format based on the social aspects of this game, it's important to try to avoid taking things personally and remember that much of this is business. A lot of this stems from poor balancing and host mistakes / inconsistencies that everyone else has pointed out to death already, but I also agree with Jalmont in that much of this was because the game had to suddenly accommodate way more players without much time to tweak things. In the end, I still did want to join the fire faction, and though I think their early game strategy to just wipe us out as fast as possible was just... cringeworthy to say the least, I do think they played the most consistently overall and don't think the win was undeserved. That said I did enjoy working with the water faction, both with my old friends (billy, PB, and DLE) along with some of the newer faces like realiti. I also thought it was kind of flattering when both he and hal just sent me messages at the start of the game saying they were big fans of my bassgames even though I hadn't met them. I would also like to give special shoutouts to Blazade for trying to help close things out after I had to leave for my trip to Japan.

Beyond that I ask that people who might be new to OC to not be fully turned off by the format based on the social aspects of this game, it's important to try to avoid taking things personally and remember that much of this is business. A lot of this stems from poor balancing and host mistakes / inconsistencies that everyone else has pointed out to death already, but I also agree with Jalmont in that much of this was because the game had to suddenly accommodate way more players without much time to tweak things. In the end, I still did want to join the fire faction, and though I think their early game strategy to just wipe us out as fast as possible was just... cringeworthy to say the least, I do think they played the most consistently overall and don't think the win was undeserved. That said I did enjoy working with the water faction, both with my old friends (billy, PB, and DLE) along with some of the newer faces like realiti. I also thought it was kind of flattering when both he and hal just sent me messages at the start of the game saying they were big fans of my bassgames even though I hadn't met them. I would also like to give special shoutouts to Blazade for trying to help close things out after I had to leave for my trip to Japan.
While there's a level of disassociation required for strategy/social games like this and understanding to not take things personally, I think it's also on people to be mindful of their actions. It feels pretty shit to be arbitrarily targeted too. An example of this is LN's death, where another faction interfered with our night actions by telling a player to not do the action we asked them to. This is fine. What was not fine was players from that faction then coming out and smearing us as ruining another player's game intentionally, knowing full well what had actually happened and that they were at fault too. It goes beyond the game at that point, it's just trashing people in the heat of the moment to get some minor, negligible edge. So it's not that people are being malicious in actions, but rather that people weren't thinking about their actions at all.

This is not the only example, this is just the one I think is most suited to illustrating my point.

Yeti

dark saturday
While there's a level of disassociation required for strategy/social games like this and understanding to not take things personally, I think it's also on people to be mindful of their actions. It feels pretty shit to be arbitrarily targeted too. An example of this is LN's death, where another faction interfered with our night actions by telling a player to not do the action we asked them to. This is fine. What was not fine was players from that faction then coming out and smearing us as ruining another player's game intentionally, knowing full well what had actually happened and that they were at fault too. It goes beyond the game at that point, it's just trashing people in the heat of the moment to get some minor, negligible edge. So it's not that people are being malicious in actions, but rather that people weren't thinking about their actions at all.

This is not the only example, this is just the one I think is most suited to illustrating my point.
Whydon wasn't on Fire and fsr we were concerned you would recruit him as punishment for disobeying you once we learned you also gave him orders. So we gave his info to Grass to outspeed your recruit but you believed he was already recruited. Saying we interfered is a misnomer, we were asking FL Whydon to prove without knowing he talked to you at all.

We didn't know you asked him to do something the same night Sam asked him to do it to prove himself so I'm not sure how you can say LN dying was "partially our fault?" Whydon was a freelancer but he did us a solid getting the Snap Trap on Sam so we didn't want to sell him out or blame him, thus, "Water killed LN." And I mean, you guys DID decide to use LN as the one to swap with me.

We were both N1 recruits posing as freelancers for unbelievably long doing the same song and dance. At the end of the game I don't care cause it was for the win con, but you were part of the energy you didn't like. Did the game state suck for Water for a long time due to ipl blowing things out of proportion? Yeah totes but "Water is still sneaky don't join them!" is equivalent to "Fire will never take you they don't want your garbage role don't bother talking to them" imo.

Yeti

dark saturday
I like you brother but in a post lamenting Fire trashing Water your verbiage at least twice says we were malicious/intentional in asking Whydon to bus drive (and betray you) to prove himself before we recruited. You are quite possibly referencing posts made before we knew Water asked Whydon to do anything, I don't remember how quickly before we found out, or posts made to keep Whydon safer which in retrospect yeah maybe we didn't think entirely through. I am sorry you wound up not having a good time in the game.

Yeti

dark saturday
i have reconstructed the game for posterity's sake, so anyone looking at this game later can see all the details (user, faction, role, speed tier, recruit cycle, death cycle/cause) in one place. i know this info has been lost on the off-site forum bigs so i figured i would spend an hour compiling it. while i disagree with many of ipl's design choices, he nonetheless put in the effort to design a game 2-3x the size he was originally intending to host, and he had some roles i think were very inventive with the mons theme. so thank you for hosting the reunion, and thank you to tommy and eli for continuing to host the game to completion. here is the game, in death order:

UserAllianceRole NameRoleSpeedRecruitedDiedVia
AgapeGrassMew, the JOAT1x BG, 1x Inspect, 1x RB, 1x Kill (after other 3)30/30/83/20D1D2Vote
MekkahFireWobbuffett, the Shadow TaggerMartyr + Non-Neg Safeguard (can be on different targets)84/95D2N2Carried faction kill into Snap Trap on Celever
apricity -> askaWaterElectrode, the Recharger1x Recharger - USED, Aqua Ring recharged0D1D3Vote, survives Grass day vig kill with Aqua Ring D2
DrookezFLCloyster, the ClamperRoleblocker - Clamp83NeverN3Grass factional kill
LonelyNessFL (Honorary Fire)Runerigus, the Role SwapperAbility Swapper1NeverN3Water factional kill
Ailura/lindaunaWaterMeowstic, the Mean Look TrapperMartyr + Non-Neg Safeguard (can be on different targets)84/95N2D4Vote
tigershark/genius1WaterHypno, the Mind ReaderInspector30N4N4Grass night vig kill
billymillsWaterPoliwrath, the Mind ReaderInspector30D3N4Fire factional kill
BassWaterNinjask, the Priority BoosterPriority Killer + Priority Booster99D4N4Carried factional kill into Snap Trap on UncleSam
MartinFLBeedrill, the Swarm PokemonWatcher + TrackerNeverN4Fire doubler bonus kill
Duskfall98 -> RealitiWaterBlastoise, leader of Water FactionWater leader - 1x recruit per day / night, 1x kill per night (delegated), 1x auto kill protection on player20 (K)LeaderN5Fire factional kill
BlazadeWaterDusclops, the JailkeeperJailkeeper85N4N5Grass factional kill
ariariadneFireSpinda, the DancerDaytime Doubler + 1x Kill Doubler0N4N6Bus driven into Water factional kill
Blue_TornadoWaterIncineroar, the BodyguardBodyguard - can self target, but not twice in a row30/100D6N6Fire factional kill
PidgeWaterShedinja, the Wonder Guard PokemonImmune to Kill/Lynch, Dies to 3+ Non-Killing Abilities Successfully Targeting in One Night0N5N6Ability Popped by 2x Fire 1x Grass Targets
ImaginaryNeonFireSableye, the Bus DriverBus Driver90D4D7Vote
LaurelFireStunfisk, the TrapperSnap Trapper: Sets NX, Trap engaged NX+1, BGs+Kills killer, broken by non-kill action target5D5D7Grass day vig kill
AmpharosFireMr. Mime, the MimicAbility Mimic???N2N7Grass factional kill
Aura GuardianFirePawmot, the Reviver1x Resurrect0N5N7Water factional kill
dakFireMagnezone, the Magnetic Lynchproof AnnouncerLPV + Announcer0D7N7Grass electrified kill
BluedoomGrassToucannon, the ParroterAbility Bouncer + Ability Cop???D6N7Fire factional kill
SpiderzGrassBlaziken, the Priority BoosterPriority Killer + Priority Booster99D7D8Vote
zorbeesFireLudicolo, the DancerDaytime Doubler + 1x Kill Doubler0D3N8Grass electrified kill
CaffeineBoostFireHitmonchan, the Mind ReaderInspector30D5N8Grass factional kill
iamveryhappyGrassZekrom, the ElectrifierElectrifier: electrified targets die if they target each other10D4N8Water factional kill
rssp1WaterBeheeyem, the Vote NegatorNegative Voter + Vote Negator20D7N8Grass electrified kill
SirFishGrassHatterene, the RedirectorRedirector80N5D9Vote
YetiFireMewtwo, the Day Controller1x Vote Stop, 1x vote double (both of top two vote recipients die)101N1N9Grass electrified kill
JALMONTWaterTauros, the Hyper Beam spammer1x Day Vig0N6N9Grass factional kill
WhydonGrassLiepard, the Bus DriverBus Driver90D4D6, rN9, D10Fire Blast Vote Redirect, Grass non-factional revive, Vote
SogsGrassAudino, the MediatorMediator: 3 targets cannot target each other70D6N10Fire factional kill
WolvWaterFarigiraf, the JailkeeperJailkeeper85D6N10Grass factional kill
internetGrassNidoqueen, the TwinsTwin: gains Persuader on twin death30N1N11Fire factional kill
HydrogenHydreigonGrassNidoking, the TwinsTwin: gains Persuader on twin death30N1N11Water factional kill
earlFireSpiritomb, the Wicked CurseUpgrades at 15/30/50 dead: Roleblocker 15, BPV 30, Vigilante speed 40 at 5083/40N6D12Vote
EhmceeFireSlowking, the MonarchMayorizer: Create a 'Knight' - Knight gets +1 votes (permanently), max 3 knights30D6N12Water factional kill
CeleverFireAlakazam, the RedirectorRedirector80D4N12Grass factional kill
skippergamezGrassLandorus-T, the BodyguardBodyguard - can self target, but not twice in a row30/100N8N12Fire factional kill
jumpluffGrassJumpluff, the CommuterCommuter + Kil Infiltrator0/100D6D13Maushammer
NightEmeraldFirePikachu, the Recharger1x Recharger - USED, Fire Blast recharged0N5N13Grass factional kill
chaosninjagamingWaterHitmonlee, the Mind ReaderInspector30D5N13Fire factional kill
a fairyFireDragonite, the WrapperRoleblocker - Wrap83D8D14Maushammer
shubaka17FireFluttermane, the Body GuardBodyguard - can self target, but not twice in a row30/100N4N14Grass JOAT kill
Thunder ~ BallzGrassLycanroc, the Midnight Form2x Night Vig20N2N14Water factional kill
SB.WaterCelebi, the Time Manipulator1x Thunderdome0D5N14Fire factional kill
master oden -> HydrogenHydreigonGrassMalamar, the BlackmailerBlackmailer30D5D15Maushammer
GmaxFireHeatran, the BodyguardBodyguard - can self target, but not twice in a row30/100N0N15Grass factional kill
MatieuGrassGyarados, the Hyper Beam Spammer1x Day Vig0D5N15Water factional kill
joeyGrassVenusaur, leader of the Grass FactionGrass leader - 1x recruit per day / night, 1x kill per night (delegated), 1x revive20 (K)LeaderN15Fire factional kill
LightWolfFireNosepass, the Magnetic Bulletproof AnnouncerBPV + Announcer¸ KNIGHTED0D6D16Maushammer
Da Letter El -> BassWaterHariyama, the Reflector3x Kill Reflector98N0N16Grass factional kill
Lrr -> BlazadeWaterMaushold, the MayorInfinite Vote Stacker0N1D17Fire Blast Vote Redirect
shade -> Blazade (again jesus)WaterPlusle, the TwinsTwin: gains Prio Lower on twin death99D2N17Fire factional kill (redirected) + Carried factional kill into Snap Trap on Clouds
olivia7 -> realitiWaterMinun, the TwinsTwin: gains Prio Lower on twin death99D2N17Grass factional kill
DittoGrassDitto, the TransformerDead Role Absorber - 1x role, 2 abilities/cycle0N5D11, rN16, D18Vote, Grass factional revive, Vote
Crystal Methyd -> bluedoomGrassRabsca, the Reviver1x Resurrect0N4N18Fire factional kill
Cancerous -> BlazadeWaterClefable, the MimicClefable, mimics any action that targets it, gets 2 charges to use whenever, can use multiple actions every night0N3D19Vote, survives Grass factional kill with Aqua Ring N14
FormerGrassSalamence, the Hyper Beam Spammer1x Day Vig0N0N19Endgamed to Fire
CloudsGrassSmeargle, the JOAT1x BG, 1x Inspect, 1x RB, 1x Kill (after other 3)30/30/83/20D2N19Endgamed to Fire
UncleSamFireCharizard, leader of the Fire FactionFire leader - 1x recruit per day / night, 1x kill per night (delegated), 1x vote redirect ever, KNIGHTED20 (K)LeaderWonSurvived to endgame
pulsar512b -> MekkahFireKecleon, the RogueRogue: Chooses which faction to become immune to all actions slower than 50; KNIGHTED50N6WonSurvived to endgame

fun facts:
freelancer deaths:
  • 1 to each team
fire deaths:
  • 4 to votes
  • 1 to snap trap
  • 3 to water
  • 10 to grass
grass deaths:
  • 7 to votes
  • 9 to fire (including fire blast)
  • 4 to water
water deaths:
  • 3 to votes
  • 2 to snap trap
  • 7 to grass
  • 7 to fire (including fire blast)
  • 1 to 2x fire 1x grass abilities (co-op)
grass succeeded a whopping 18 kills total to water's 8. fire succeeded 15 + 2 fire blasts.

notes:
Maushammer is the same as Vote, but delineates the point where that role became able to hammer with either 1 teammate or solo
The apricity and duskfall subs were due to the pregame collab allegations that did not prove true. Subsequent within-team subs were used when a player requested and/or the team needed a more active voice. The final 3 subs (shade, Cancerous, and pulsar) were done for hammer/vote purposes in the final phases of the game and those 3 slots should be regarded as being played by their original occupant for the vast majority of the game.

Last edited:

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If it makes you feel better Lrr i bare no ill will toward anyone on Water for killing me. I mostly was just saddened because I hadn't gotten to be recruited yet and thus thought i was going to be left out of the "fun" part of the game where you get to hang out in a team chat with everyone and talk about the game.

But, IPL graciously let me pick a faction to spectate for the length of the game as long as they were OK with it, and with Fire having so many of the old heads, they generously let me in their chat to hang out (and eventually soft strategize), so I got out of this game exactly what I wanted - a chance to relive some of the glory days of big smogon mafia. My only regret is I didn't get to aggressively harass people for their role PMs like the good old days.

I'm sorry if you or anyone else on team water were flamed or made to feel like you'd done something "wrong" for killing me. By my book, everything worked out fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 62)