My first team ever

Like the title reads this is my first ever team. I have always played Pokémon but this is the first time I tried it completivtly. So please be nice I am very open to constructive criticism. I most need help on ev spreads and making sure I have good move coverage. I got some inspiration from Gavin Michaels as well as wanting a more defensive bulky team that can play switch ins etc.

Polygon2 with eviolite
Sassy 244 HP /124 Def/140 SPD
Thunderbolt
Ice beam
Recover
Trick room
Download ability

Alola Marowak with thick club
Careful 212 HP/ 60 Atk/ 4 Def/ 164 SpD 68 Spe
Flare Blitz
Shadow Bone
Perish Song
Protect
Lightening rod ability

Tapu Bulu with left overs
Adamant 252 HP/ 36 Attack/ 60 Def/ 140 SpD Speed 20
Protect
Horn Leech
Leech seed
Substitute
Grassy terrain ability

Mimiku with GhostiumZ
Sassy 252 Hp/ 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Destiny Bond
Taunt
Shadow Ball
Trick Room
Disguise ability

Milotic with lum berry
Bold 236 Hp/ 252 Def/ 20 SpA
Ice Beam
Scald
Toxic
Substitute
Competitive ability

Hariyama with flame orb
Adamant 252 Hp/ 252 Att/ 4 SpD
Close combat
Fake out
Poison jab
Protect
Guts ability

I really need help with the mimiku milotic and hariyama. Evs and movesets. I don't plan on ever being really competitive. Just want a well balanced team that I can learn the game with. Thanks in advance.

Milotic is there to abuse the intimidators in the format. It has ice coverage for games I use mimiku as the sole trick room user. Water coverage with scald and toxic to win stalling battles against other bulky teams esp in grassy terrain. I noticed that after about mimiku and yeah sorry def a physical attacker. Will fix that. Thanks

With a fully devoted trick room team I feel my biggest threats are other slow bulky mons used often right now gigalith araquanid and snorlax and with milotic bulu and hariyama I feel like I cover them fairly well.

1. Please provide descriptions for why you chose each mon and their specific sets
2. Mimikyu should use Shadow Claw over Shadow Ball since its Physical Attack stat is higher
3. Hariyama shouldn't have Protect since it wants to do as much damage as possible with the limited amount of turns it has on the field due to its burn and the Tapus running around, it should have Knock Off over Protect and also have the Brave nature, since you're running a Trick Room team
4. You only have Protect on two of your mons, and the move is a staple in VGC. Milotic could have it over Toxic since Hariyama should be able to take care of opposing Porygon2s as long as it is kept alive. Honestly, Milotic is useless until it gets the Competitive boost, which is rare as your opponents will generally try to not give you that advantage. A better water type more suited for Trick Room and more like Gavin's team would be Araquanid, but you can also use Tapu Fini to prevent burns on your physical attackers.
5. You should research what the VGC'17 metagame is like and try to check some of the more common mons. From what I see, your team looks weak to Arcanine, which is the most popular mon in the format now because Intimidate will ruin all of your physical attackers

That's all I have for now, good luck and have fun!

1. Please provide descriptions for why you chose each mon and their specific sets
2. Mimikyu should use Shadow Claw over Shadow Ball since its Physical Attack stat is higher
3. Hariyama shouldn't have Protect since it wants to do as much damage as possible with the limited amount of turns it has on the field due to its burn and the Tapus running around, it should have Knock Off over Protect and also have the Brave nature, since you're running a Trick Room team
4. You only have Protect on two of your mons, and the move is a staple in VGC. Milotic could have it over Toxic since Hariyama should be able to take care of opposing Porygon2s as long as it is kept alive. Honestly, Milotic is useless until it gets the Competitive boost, which is rare as your opponents will generally try to not give you that advantage. A better water type more suited for Trick Room and more like Gavin's team would be Araquanid, but you can also use Tapu Fini to prevent burns on your physical attackers.
5. You should research what the VGC'17 metagame is like and try to check some of the more common mons. From what I see, your team looks weak to Arcanine, which is the most popular mon in the format now because Intimidate will ruin all of your physical attackers

That's all I have for now, good luck and have fun!
Also, just to add to that, please change the formatting in your RMT, it's very hard to read.

Like the title reads this is my first ever team. I have always played Pokémon but this is the first time I tried it completivtly. So please be nice I am very open to constructive criticism. I most need help on ev spreads and making sure I have good move coverage. I got some inspiration from Gavin Michaels as well as wanting a more defensive bulky team that can play switch ins etc.

Polygon2 with eviolite
Sassy 244 HP /124 Def/140 SPD
Thunderbolt
Ice beam
Recover
Trick room
Download ability

Alola Marowak with thick club
Careful 212 HP/ 60 Atk/ 4 Def/ 164 SpD 68 Spe
Flare Blitz
Shadow Bone
Perish Song
Protect
Lightening rod ability

Tapu Bulu with left overs
Adamant 252 HP/ 36 Attack/ 60 Def/ 140 SpD Speed 20
Protect
Horn Leech
Leech seed
Substitute
Grassy terrain ability

Mimiku with GhostiumZ
Sassy 252 Hp/ 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Destiny Bond
Taunt
Shadow Ball
Trick Room
Disguise ability

Milotic with lum berry
Bold 236 Hp/ 252 Def/ 20 SpA
Ice Beam
Scald
Toxic
Substitute
Competitive ability

Hariyama with flame orb
Adamant 252 Hp/ 252 Att/ 4 SpD
Close combat
Fake out
Poison jab
Protect
Guts ability

I really need help with the mimiku milotic and hariyama. Evs and movesets. I don't plan on ever being really competitive. Just want a well balanced team that I can learn the game with. Thanks in advance.
Please just paste from Showdown! your formatting is weird and the spelling is off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)