1546151760644.png
|
1546151787689.png
|
1546151853928.png
|
1546151888395.png

Introduction

I created this Ubers team around mixed Rock Polish Groudon, as I loved how it was able to take advantage of most of the common checks that offensive teams commonly send in, such as Mega Salamence and offensive Zygarde-Complete. I also wanted to use Extreme Killer Arceus, as its ability to clean up weakened teams is simply amazing.

The Team

1546151679841.png

Necrozma-Dusk Mane @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Sunsteel Strike
- Morning Sun

I chose Necrozma-DM as my Stealth Rock Setter and my answer to Xerneas. Stealth Rock chips at the opposing Pokemon's health, and also helps to break Focus Sash.
Toxic cripples Defog users like Arceus-Ground and Giratina-O and offensive checks like Primal Groudon and Ho-Oh. Sunsteel Strike lets it hit Xerneas, while Morning Sun, together with Leftovers, allows it to stay healthy. A fully specially defensive EV spread makes Necrozma-DM a strong check to Xerneas and the majority of support Arceus formes, and helps it to avoid 2HKO from support Arceus-Ground's Judgment, letting it stall out Arceus-Ground with Toxic.

1546151723463.png

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

I chose Yveltal, as it is a versatile powerhouse, and is able to hit hard with Dark Pulse, making it a fearsome wallbreaker. Oblivion Wing is its second STAB move, and is able to provide more coverage, while also helping to heal back health and increasing its longetivity. Knock Off is a move that punishes common switch-in such as Magearna and Xerneas, and also removes the items of other pokemon. Sucker Punch is a useful priority move that allows it to go first before faster threats like Mega Gengar and Ultra Necrozma, while also OHKOing them. Maximum Special Attack investment with a Mild nature gives Yveltal maximum wallbreaking potential and reaches key damage benchmarks against various Arceus formes and Xerneas. Maximum Speed investment also allows it to make the most of its speed tier.

1546151760644.png

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 168 Def / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast

Geomancy Xerneas is chosen for this team because after, a boost, this pokemon becomes a fast, strong and bulky special sweeper. Moonblast is a powerful STAB move that is extremely scary, as after Fairy Aura, STAB and a +2 Special Attack with a Modest nature, it OHKOs most neutral pokemon. Thunder hits foes that resist Fairy-type moves such as Ho-Oh, Celesteela, and Toxapex, as well as the specially bulky Lugia and Primal Kyogre. Focus Blast hits Primal Groudon, Ferrothorn, and most Steel-types such as Necrozma-DM, Magearna, and Bronzong for solid damage. 88 Speed EVs ensure that Xerneas outspeeds +1 Adamant Mega Salamence when boosted and Marshadow after a Geomancy boost and Sticky Web, while maximum Special Attack investment with a Modest nature makes sure that Xerneas hits as hard as possible. The remaining EVs are put into Defense so that Xerneas takes the least amount of damage from priority attacks of revenge killers.

1546151787689.png

Zygarde-Complete @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Thousand Arrows
- Glare

I chose Zygarde-Complete as my physical wall because of its formidable bulk, enabling to check the majority of physical attackers in the tier. Rest is important as its only form of recovery, enabling it to survive for longer. Sleep Talk complements Rest, preventing it from being absolutely useless while it is asleep. Thousand Arrows is helpful in allowing it not to be so completely passive, and helps to wear down some of its threats. Lastly, Glare is an extremely punishing move, scaring certain foes with the threat of being crippled. Maximum investment in HP and Defense lets it handle physical attackers more effectively, and Leftovers helps it not to be so heavily reliant on Rest.

1546151853928.png

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 100 SpD / 156 Spe
Mild Nature
- Rock Polish
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power Ice

I chose mixed Primal Groudon, as I absolutely love its ability to surprise its would-be checks, and after that, being able to efficiently sweep. Rock Polish boosts Primal Groudon's otherwise average Speed tier into an area that only faster boosting attackers can reach. With a mixed moveset alongside Rock Polish, it is nearly impossible for offensive teams to get their ideal damage onto Primal Groudon. Precipice Blades still hits hard even without investment, and prevents it from being completely walled by special walls. Fire Blast is a fearsome move that hits like a truck after a Desolate Land boost, with the only drawback being its pitiful accuracy. Hidden Power notably lets it beat Mega Salamence, Rayquaza and Zygarde-Complete, which would otherwise wall it. Maximum Special Attack investment with a Mild nature offers the most power to Fire Blast and Primal Groudon's coverage. 156 Speed EVs ensures that Primal Groudon will be faster than Adamant Necrozma-DM assuming equal Speed boosts while also outspeeding a +1 Adamant maximum Speed Mega Salamence after Rock Polish. The rest of the EVs are allocated to Special Defense, which most notably lets Primal Groudon survive any boosted move from Geomancy Xerneas at full health.

1546151888395.png

Arceus @ Chople Berry
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake

I chose this powerful cleaner as my last pokemon, usually used late-game to secure a win, or as a last-ditch attempt to salvage a game. This is basically the classic Extreme Killer set, as seen on the Smogon analysis. Swords Dance boosts Arceus's rather mediocre damage output, allowing it to pick off on weakened teams late-game. Extreme Speed lets Arceus outpace faster foes and Choice Scarf users and revenge kill the likes of Xerneas, Mega Mewtwo Y, and Naganadel. Shadow Claw allows Arceus to hit Ghost-types such as Marshadow, both formes of Giratina, and Lunala super effectively, and this move is indispensable, since Arceus is easily checked by said foes otherwise. Earthquake hits various foes that resist Extreme Speed such as Magearna and Tyranitar super effectively and also nets heavy damage on Primal Groudon after a Swords Dance boost. It also notably has a chance to OHKO Mega Lucario on the switch and scores a clean OHKO on Mega Gengar, which Shadow Claw cannot do. Full investment in Attack with an Adamant nature maximizes Arceus's damage output and its ability to revenge kill weakened threats. 16 Speed EVs allow Arceus to outpace neutral-natured base 90 Speed Pokemon such as Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre. The rest of the EVs are poured into HP to maximize Arceus' bulk and let it survive Yveltal's Foul Play from full health after a Swords Dance. Chople Berry allows Arceus to survive a hit from both Marshadow and Mega Lucario, which would otherwise be able to easily revenge kill it.

Full Paste:
Necrozma-Dusk Mane @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Sunsteel Strike
- Morning Sun

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Thousand Arrows
- Glare

Groudon @ Red Orb
Mild Nature
- Rock Polish
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power Ice

Arceus @ Chople Berry
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake

Conclusion

So, yeah this is my team. Most of my games, I usually start with either Necrozma-DM or Yveltal, depending on what the opponent's team consists of. Usually, I start with trying to wall the opponent's offensive pokemon with Necrozma-DM and Zygarde-Complete, while attempting to punch holes in the enemy team with Primal Groudon and Yveltal after getting them in safely, usually with a double switch. When nearing late-game and my Xerneas's checks has been sufficiently weakened, I set up and attempt a sweep, while finishing up with Arceus should it be needed.

Any help with my team would be appreciated, thanks. ^_^

Last edited:

Stoward

Ah, you're finally awake
Hi sy666. It's a cool team that you've got here. Mixed Rock Polish Groudon is a hell of a lot of fun, it's really satisfying to see this thing tear through teams, and I really enjoyed using it. One thing that I kinda noticed with the team though is that it doesn't really seem to belong to a proper playstyle. You have Rock Polish Primal Groudon, Life Orb Yveltal and Ekiller, which makes me believe that you want an offensive team, then you have a defensive Necrozma-Dm and a defensive Zygarde-C, which are best suited to bulkier builds, which ultimately leaves your team with an awkward matchup against just about every solid build, as it doesn't really have enough of a defensive backbone to properly take hits against offensive squads, nor does it have enough offensive pressure to simply overwhelm opposing teams. Hazard stacking offensive teams seem especially irritating for this team as you have no way of removing them, and your opponent has an easy time setting them against Zygarde and Necrozma-DM.

I experimented a fair bit with this team, trying to make this build a full HO (the playstyle I feel like that Mixed RP Primal Groudon fits on best), while still trying to keep the original build as much as possible.

MAJOR CHANGES:
>

This might seem like an odd change, considering Arceus-Normal is a solid pick for offensive builds, and Deo-S HOs aren't really that common right now, since HOs with Smeargle and Cloyster have become increasingly common (see the Ubers Sample teams), and both of these beat Deoxys-S 1v1 as they can set Sticky Web and Rapid Spin. However, what makes Deo-S perfect for this team is the fact that it's a fast suicide lead that sets both Stealth Rocks and Spikes, it can also prevent opposing Pokemon from setting their own hazards/removing your hazards with taunt. Ultimately, I picked Deoxys-S over other Suicide leads, as I needed an offensive Stealth Rock Setter, so that Primal Groudon can be free to run the mixed Rock Polish Set, but I also couldn't refuse the added damage output that you get from Spikes, effectively allowing Primal Groudon to take care of Pokemon that would normally check it (i.e. Arceus-Ground is OHKO'd by Primal Groudon's Fire Blast after taking damage from Stealth Rock and 1 Spike more than once. There's a bunch of different sets that you can run with Deoxys-S, depending on what matchup you wish to combat best.

The standard Sash Lead with Skill Swap allows you to combat Magic Bounce users such as Mega Sableye and Diancie, and guarantees at least Stealth Rock and Spikes against most builds, however if you wanted to combat opposing Hyper-offense builds. Magic Coat is a brilliant means of doing so, and the Rocky Helmet allows Deoxys-S to punish Rapid Spin users. The remainder of Deoxys-S' moves are pretty straight foward. Stealth Rock and Spikes punish switches, Taunt prevents hazards from being set on your side of the field, prevents status from being spread, prevents hazards being removed via Defog and also prevents offensive teams from using Deoxys as setup fodder.

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash/Rocky Helmet.
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Skill Swap/Magic Coat
- Spikes

>

I'm honestly not sure whether this counts as a major change or a minor change, since I'm still keeping the same base Pokemon. I initially had this as a dual dance Necrozma-DM so that this team had a really solid matchup against Xerneas, however this team is still perfectly capable of managing Xerneas with Primal Groudon and using Necrozma-DM prior to Ultra Bursting. I felt like this team was lacking in immediate fast offensive pressure and was finding fast threats such as Arceus formes to be quite annoying to break through. Ultra Necrozma was the perfect way to deal with this, as you still had a soft check to Xerneas, while breaking through support Arceus formes with ease with "Light that burns the sky"

I feel like this replay is a perfect example of showcasing what Ultra Necrozma adds to this team. My opponent had quite a standard Bulky Offense team, and at the beginning of the game, had managed to get quite the upper hand, as they'd managed to remove my entry hazards, set up with Zygarde and also remove my Zygarde, which could have been very threatening to my team. Fortunately, I managed to set a single swords dance with my ultra necrozma and proceed to sweep through my opponent's team, winning me the game.

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Ultranecrozium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Photon Geyser
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Sunsteel Strike

MINOR CHANGES:

As I mentioned before, I felt like the defensive Zygarde set really didn't add much to this team, and just allowed your opponents to stack hazards. I do however feel like Zygarde added some crucial roles to this team. Most noteably, checking Primal Groudon and Ho-Oh, so I wanted to add a more offensive Zygarde set to this team. The set is pretty standard. It's Max EVs in attack and Speed, but 48 SpD EVs so that you can survive an Ice Beam from Support Arceus formes before becoming Zygarde-C.

EVs: 228 Atk / 48 SpD / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute
- Glare

Taunt > Knock Off

This was done simply to prevent setup sweepers and from slower mons from defogging and spreading status. Also Taunt + Sucker Punch is a nice combo and I felt like Knock off wasn't doing much for this team.

SUMMARY OF CHANGES:
Hyper-Offense builds are far from perfect. This playstyle relies upon you being very aggressive, as this team has no form of hazard removal, nor does it have a cleric (both of those things aren't found on HO builds). Opposing entry hazards and spreading of status can be quite detrimental to this team, as it relies on sheer offensive pressure in order to prevent these. This, combined with the fact that your suicide lead dislikes most of the common suicide leads means that this build strongly dislikes opposing HOs. It still doesn't come without its counterplay options (especially if you opt to run helmet deoxys with magic coat), and I think you'll find that this team finds it easier to break though stall and other fatter builds than standard HOs. I personally had a lot of fun rating this team and testing it out on the ladder. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask and I truly hope you enjoy using the team with its changes.

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Skill Swap
- Spikes

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast

EVs: 228 Atk / 48 SpD / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute
- Glare

Groudon @ Red Orb
Mild Nature
- Rock Polish
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Ultranecrozium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Photon Geyser
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Sunsteel Strike

Last edited:
Thanks so much for rating my team! ^_^ I love how you helped me change my team from a mishmash of pokemon to a full HO team. I especially like the change to Ultra Necrozma, as after a swords dance boost, it becomes very easy to sweep a team. The change from Arceus to Deoxys S was also useful, as Stealth Rock + Spikes can help to chip at the opponent’s team. Lastly, the change of the Zygarde Complete set was also amazing, as it’s ability to glare, substitute and then dragon dance is amazing. Again, I really appreciate your rate of this team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)