SM NU My, this Room is Tricky! (A NU TR team)

Team Banner.jpg

Introduction
Hello blokes and blokettes! (I think that's how it's said) Welcome to a new RMT! This time we're looking at a Trick Room team set in the NeverUsed tier, so let's do this! (also banner H Y P E)

Eggy (Exeggutor-Alola) (M) @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Draco Meteor
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower
Trick Room Setter number 1 (and a mon i actually despise) Exeggutall is, despite being locked in PU, a great choice for my TR team, as it patches up the team's weakness to... uh... anyways, its main job is to set up TR, kill something, and then continue killing until I either die or swap out, while setting up TR whenever possible.

Roigada (Slowking) (M) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Regenerator
Quiet Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Surf
Trick Room Setter number two. This was originally an Aromatisse with TR/NP/Moonblast/HP Ground, however fire and ice types steamrolled over me. Enter Slowking. It accomplishes the same job as Aromatisse, being a trick room setter that can NP and proceed to steamroll the enemy. Its great bulk and resistances help me keep up TR too.

Thunderbug (Vikavolt) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Quiet Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Bug Buzz
- Volt Switch
- Energy Ball/HP Ice
Trick Room Abuser number one, Vikavolt is a monster under TR (as if 145 SpA was anything to scoff at), this patches up the team's MAJOR weakness to flying simply by existing. The set is simple, 3 nukes and a GTFO button for bad matchups or when TR is almost done, but effective at the same time. Energy Ball can be swapped out for HP Ice, but it's not mandatory.

Fightin' Joe (Crabominable) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Ice Hammer
- Thunder Punch
- Close Combat
-insert coverage move of choice here
Why do so many things in Gen 7 speed tie with Cradily, Squirtle, and Pidove? Trick Room Abuser number two (as well as a heck of a lot easier to get in-game in USUM), it's the yeti Crabominable! Ice Hammer and CC (why does it get this) are STABS, Thunder Punch is coverage, and Crabhammer is a bit of an unorthodox choice, but powerful nonetheless, able to muscle past Delphox and Emboar and absolutely SLAM Rhydon. Calcs:
252+ Atk Life Orb Crabominable Crabhammer vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Delphox: 413-489 (141.9 - 168%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Crabominable Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Rhydon: 359-426 (86.7 - 102.8%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Crabominable Crabhammer vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Emboar: 445-525 (123.2 - 145.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Yamato (Hariyama) (M) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Brave Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch
The final Trick Room Abuser, Hariyama is ready to break some everythings. Again, CC is STAB, Stone Edge is for general coverage, Bullet Punch (how does it learn this) is for finishing off weak enemies outside of Trick Room, and Ice punch is to hurt birbs when you don't want Stone Edge to miss (which everyone should know it does a hell of a lot), though if I had to replace one move on Hariyama, Ice Punch would be that move.

Acuity (Uxie) @ Mental Herb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Memento
- Magic Coat
How to use Uxie 101: 1. Click Magic Coat if you predict hazards, or skip to step 2 if you don't. 2. Click Stealth Rock or Trick Room. 3. Click the move you did not click in step 2. 4. Click Memento. Step 5. Go into any of the sweepers and go from there. That's basically all Uxie is good for, yet it's vital to getting momentum going and setting TR, though it's nearly always the first pokemon to go down.

Conclusion

That's it! Hope you enjoyed, and as always, be sure to hmu with a rate if you think this team should be built different!
Replays
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7nu-677675864 Bit of a meme since the guy had Treecko, but otherwise a perfect showcase of the team! (It also showcases how Sigilyph ca go die in a hole tbh, and has Aromatisse over Slowking, but as I said, the two are nearly identical as to how they are used)

Eggy (Exeggutor-Alola) (M) @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Frisk
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Draco Meteor
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower

Roigada (Slowking) (M) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Regenerator
Quiet Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Surf

Thunderbug (Vikavolt) (M) @ Life Orb
Quiet Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Bug Buzz
- Volt Switch
- Energy Ball

Fightin' Joe (Crabominable) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Ice Hammer
- Thunder Punch
- Close Combat
- Crabhammer

Yamato (Hariyama) (M) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Brave Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch

Acuity (Uxie) @ Mental Herb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Memento
- Magic Coat

Attachments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)