SM UU My UU Team

After experimenting with some UU teams, I think I've found one that can be used rather well, while I never got on the ladder with this team, I still found great success while using them. Anyways let's get to the team.

Quick Disclaimer: I do NOT own any of the pictures in this thread. I just found all of these from Google Images.

I wanted to start my team with Scizor because his Bug-Steel typing makes it a great offensive threat.

Next up is Mega Sceptile, I wanted a fast physical sweeper to compliment Scizor's bulkiness, and though Weavile is in testing (at the time this was made) Sceptile's type and coverage was overall a better fit.

Now for the special sweepers. I wanted Starmie because it's type allowed him to counter pokemon that my physical sweepers couldn't such as poison and ground types.

So far with the three, I still had troubles with dark and ghost types, Sylveon was perfect for this because it's special bulk combined with a good special attack allowed it to take on ghost and dark types.

As for the bulk, I wanted Blissey because it's special bulk and healing capability makes it perfect for holding the team together. It can also shut down certain pokemon that the others might not be able to handle so easily.

Finally the defensive sponge on the team is Gliscor. It's great defense along with a superb ability allows it to stall the heart out of physical sweepers.

Now for the Team itself

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- U-Turn​

Choice Band Technician Scixor makes for a great revenge killer. Bullet Punch alone allows it to 3HKO many pokemon, and as for U-Turn, it allows for momentum, and easy predictions in terms of switching out. Superpower is there mainly for coverage, that and a 120 based move with choice band hits incredibly hard. Then knock off to deal with the opponents item, so they can't do anything sneaky or unexpected.

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Leaf Blade
- Earthquake
Origianlly, I had Mienshao here for the fast physical sweeper, however, recently I discovered a problem. When playing on showdown, my team struggled against pokemon that I couldn't hit for super effective damage like Mega-Swampert and Alolamola. When looking at my team and their coverage, all signs pointed to Mienshao having the worst coverage of the attackers. When finding a replacement, I noticed I had no setup sweepers nor a mega, enter Mega Sceptile. When it came down to it, Sceptile simply out classed in most ways. He had more bulk, he was faster, his type allowed for coverage against pokemon my team struggled against, he even gets Swords dance people. As for the set itself, it's rather standard, only being a swords dance pokemon with Earthquake for coverage against certain types. Though you could argue that there are better coverage moves for Sceptile, Earthquake was just what I needed for the team. As for raters, I need to know, was this a bad choice? Should I bring back Mienshao or keep Sceptile? I'd really like to know.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin​

When it came to finding a set proper for the team, Starmie was the hardest to pin down, mainly because there are so many sets that it can use with great potential. After looking at every possible option, I think that this set here is good enough for the team (if you can find a better set that Starmie can use on this team, PLEASE let me know). That being said,Starmie has been great overall in terms of shutting down pokemon. It's ability alone punishes switch ins, and Rapis Spin allows you to take away entry hazards entirely. It's three attacking moves, Ice Beam, Scald, and Psyshock, gives it great coverage, and allows Starmie to deal with pokemon that would normally shut it down with ease. Scald's chance of burn along with Life Orb's extra damage can allow Starmie to easily take out the competition. And finally, starmie's Stab allows it to hit five types with ease, and that's not including Ice beam's coverage.

Sylveon @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pixilate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ground]​

What we have here is a plain fairy type pokemon with special bulk and has something for over half of the type chart. All of this is what make Sylveon quite an asset to the team. Thanks to the Assault vest, most super effective special hits tend to be a 3HKO at worst, and at best are a 6 or 7HKO. This easily allows sylveon to prey on special sweepers, and gives it a good time against pokemon like Amoongus and Nidoqueen, which would normally give it trouble. Psyshock, Shadow Ball, and Hp Ground give it great coverage across the entire battle field. Pixilate Hyper Voice hits incredibly hard, meaning it allows for possible sweeping potential in Sylveon. Overall Sylveon is a major threat on my team.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Toxic
- Protect
- Heal Bell​

Next up is the probably the best UU support-mon there is, Blissey. The Wish and Heal Bell combo allows Blissey for maximum support along with toxic and protect for stalling. For some reason though, whenever I used wish on Blissey and swapped into someone else, it would fully heal them, as in 100% health and not 50%. I don't know if that's a glitch or not, just thought it was worth mentioning. Anyway, Blissey's incredible Hp and SpD allow it to tank hits for days. Some say that putting evs in Def is better because it allows Blissey to deal with U-Turn users, but here's my argument for that. U-Turn users tend to be physically offensive, and Blissey has poor Def. So my question is why on earth would you have it out against a physical attacker in the first place? (outside of the fact that Blissey is the last pokemon you have left) With all that being said though Blissey will always be the support-mon on my team for it's great stats and healing.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Counter
- Roost
- Tailwind​

Now I know this set might be weird but hear me out ok? The Gliscor set is mainly to be a support tank. What I mean is that it can set up rocks and a tailwind, heal with roost, and if it's a physical attacker, punish with Counter. That's what this set is suppose to be, and trust me, this set works. There have been plenty of time where a Physical sweeper would set up, only to get completely punished by Gliscor. Thanks to roost and Toxic Heal, it can heal back any damage taken from it, which allows it to easily abuse Counter. Keep in mind that this set is mainly for Physical sweepers only, so I wouldn't suggest using it against a special attacker, that's what Blissey and Sylveon are for.

Threat List​

Darmanitan's Offensive Capability can be threatening. I'ts Sheer Force boosted Flare Blitz can 2HKO the entire team with the exception of Gliscor, who is your best option in terms of taking it out. Though Gliscor has an easy time with Darmanitan. Simply roost spam and watch as Darmanitan's Hp drops faster than an anvil in the sky.

Xurkitree is currently known as probably the best wall breaker in the UU meta. With very few pokemon that threaten it, and a massive SpAtk, Xurkitree can easily break through most of the team. Your best options are either swap into Blissey and stall, or revenge kill with Scizor or Sceptile

Yes, Scizor himself made it here. Why? a lack of fire type moves on my team, that's why. Scizor's offensive capability can easily take out Blissey and Sylveon without a sweat. Gliscor and Sceptile are your best options in terms of taking it out, just be ready for Technician Bullet Punch.

So that's my SM UU team, what do you think of this team? What would you do to make it better? Please let me know, I'll be happy to take any advice.

Last edited:
Just some advice;
Your replays shouldn't be direct links to your computer. You'll want to click upload replay, and that'll give you the link you need.
:D

Not to be rude or anything with this, just something that I thought to let you know is that because of cute charm only having a chance of infatuating, it isn't a very reliable option at all, and whilst you may like the idea of dropping Spatk of an opposing pokemon with moon blast, you already have so much special bulk that it doesn't even matter, so there really isn't any point in running CC and moonblast. Just run the mentioned pixilate hyper voice. Also another thing is that fury cutter is a terrible move. Don't use it on scizor. Please. Just run U-turn for all important momentum or bug bite for even stronger stab that's reliable. Honestly fury cutter doesn't do anything for you since once it gets past the second use, it loses technician boosting and it HEAVILY relies on the user staying in over a very long period of time, which it can't do due to opposing physical tanks like gliscor or alomomola and offensive checks like darmanitan, chandelure or hydreigon, all of which outspeed banded scizor. One last thing (this is optional), you could try running super power>aerial ace, since it helps a lot more with opposing steel types, rock types and blissey. Other than that, I like the team, especially counter gliscor! I hope you enjoy the changes to be made!

Here's an importable (changes are bolded):

Scizor @ Choice band
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Aerial Ace/ Super Power
- Knock Off
- U-Turn/Bug bite

Sylveon @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Thanks for the advice, and when I made the changes, I realize that superpower on Scizor can actually help in terms of dealing with opposing Scizors, and that it's better coverage. Also Hyper Voice does do more damage, and can be a good revenge move from my recent experience using the changes.

sanguine

friendly fire
is a Tiering Contributor
Hey there! After looking at your team, I have some improvements to suggest:

To make this team have a clear wincon I would put make Scizor a
Swords Dance set, with Bullet Punch,U Turn, Roost, and Swords Dance with EVs of 248 HP,136 Defense and 124 Special Defense with an Impish Nature and Leftovers item . This gives you a reliable Mega Aerodactyl check and something that can win you games.

I also would recommend Hydreigon over Sceptile with moves of Draco Meteor, Dark Pulse, SuperPower and Roost with EVs of 252 Speed, 252 Special Attack holding a Life Orb and a Naive Nature. That allows you to offensively check Darmanitan and Xurkitree, and form a nice dragon/fairy/steel core with Sylveon and Scizor, as well as Lure Blissey with Superpower.

Secondly, I would put Swampert over Starmie with the moves Stealth Rock, Scald, Earthquake,and Roar with EVs of 240 HP, 252 Defense and 16 Attack holding Leftovers with a Relaxed Nature This allows you to defensively check Darmanitan and Scizor.

However, it can get worn down which is why I would change Sylveon to a Cleric set with Wish, Protect,Heal Bell, Hyper Voice with a Bold Nature and EVs of 248 HP, 252 Defense,and 8 Speed with a Leftovers item This allows you to keep your team healthy and still be bulky. The speed evs are to outspeed Flame Orb Conkeldurr and hit it with a supereffective Fairy-Type Hyper Voice.

Next, I would replace Blissey with Raikou with moves of Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Hidden Power Ground, and Calm Mind, with Max Speed, Max Attack and a Timid Nature. This allows you counter the water types and other Scizor that annoy Scizor, offensively check non scarf Latias, give you a backup win condition, and revenge weakened Xurkitrees with HP Ground.

Lastly I would change Gliscor to Celebi with a Choice Scarf and moves U-Turn,Psychic, Giga Drain and Trick with 252 Special Attack and 252 Speed EVs,as well as a Timid Nature. This gives you speed control, as well as a way to cripple Slower Pokemon and Suicune if it's not behind a Substitute via Trick and Giga Drain. Psychic is for STAB and U-Turn is for pivoting. Additionally, you can be Technosis instead of a scarf set you can run some sort of bulky twave set or specs infiltrator Whimsicott but I honestly think that's stupid.

Anyways that's it and I hope you like my changes, here's the updated version of the team below, and if you have any questions feel free to contact me! Hope this helps!

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Roar

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Superpower
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse

Scizor @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 128 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Sylveon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Hyper Voice

Raikou @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball

Celebi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Trick

Hey MasterAmpharos, before I talk about your requested team, I want to thank you for taking your time to rate my team.

Now as for the team itself, while its offensive capability does look good overall, there are a couple of major factors that make the team overall worse.

Factor 1. More threats to the team. Not only is this team even weaker to Scizor, but gives more weaknesses in general. You traded my Xurkitree and Darmanitan weakness for a Krookodile, Hydreigon, Mega Beedril, Buzzwhole, Chandelure, and Mamoswine weakness. That's a lot more weaknesses for not a lot of fixes.

Factor 2. Lost Identity. You changed my team entirely. You traded my great walls for three worse walls, two of which have almost nothing to support my team. Sylveon and Scizor are the only two pokemon you kept, but changed their sets completely. You downgraded my wish passer, you got rid of my physical sponge entirely, and you've taken away my rapid spinner. By making the team "better" you got rid of almost everything that originally made the team shine. I'm not saying your changes are bad, but they change the team so much, that it loses its identity entirely. You gave me a team that's more hyper offensive than a balanced one, without its main support, it leaves me completely done for against hazard and stall teams.

Overall, the changes you've given me not only give me more weaknesses, but also changes the team's identity as a whole. But thanks again for the rate, and I hope this helps you learn to become an even greater rater.

sanguine

friendly fire
is a Tiering Contributor
Hey MasterAmpharos, before I talk about your requested team, I want to thank you for taking your time to rate my team.

Now as for the team itself, while its offensive capability does look good overall, there are a couple of major factors that make the team overall worse.

Factor 1. More threats to the team. Not only is this team even weaker to Scizor, but gives more weaknesses in general. You traded my Xurkitree and Darmanitan weakness for a Krookodile, Hydreigon, Mega Beedril, Buzzwhole, Chandelure, and Mamoswine weakness. That's a lot more weaknesses for not a lot of fixes.

Factor 2. Lost Identity. You changed my team entirely. You traded my great walls for three worse walls, two of which have almost nothing to support my team. Sylveon and Scizor are the only two pokemon you kept, but changed their sets completely. You downgraded my wish passer, you got rid of my physical sponge entirely, and you've taken away my rapid spinner. By making the team "better" you got rid of almost everything that originally made the team shine. I'm not saying your changes are bad, but they change the team so much, that it loses its identity entirely. You gave me a team that's more hyper offensive than a balanced one, without its main support, it leaves me completely done for against hazard and stall teams.

Overall, the changes you've given me not only give me more weaknesses, but also changes the team's identity as a whole. But thanks again for the rate, and I hope this helps you learn to become an even greater rater.
Mood: https://genius.com/Kendrick-lamar-element-lyrics#note-11667297

First off, this team can beat those mons if you make the appropriate switches,although lets discuss the counterplay in depth. Sylveon Scarf Celebi, Bulky Scizor and Defensive Swampert on the same team looks like a lot of counterplay for Krook for me. Scizor and Defensive Swampert should adequately deal with Mamoswine. And Sylveon plus Scizor puts a lot of pressure on specs Hydreigon in by forcing it into a 50/50, and if it's scarf Sylveon completely walls it off. On Buzzwole, there is no 100% counter because of its sheer amount of coverage but I feel the team with its special attackers can manage it well because of its poor SpDef. Scarf Celebi,and a Bulky Scizor should be able to revenge or kill Mega Beedrill outright due to its poor defenses if you're good enough to make the aggressive switches and catch it. And Hydreigon is a pretty hard counter to chandelure especially with roost and Wish support. As well as swampert being able to take any move from aside energy ball from full and KO, and if it's specs, you can revenge it with Hydrei and Raikou. I have given you adequate counterplay to these mons as opposed to having no counterplay or very weak counterplay for the threatlist.

Secondly, you speak of "lost identity" from balance to hyper offense. Balance doesn't ever run Blissey. Balance doesn't run random AV mons. Sure it has decent coverage you're completely wasting it's niche as a Cleric because as an offensive fairy it's completely outclassed by Primarina and Togekiss. It also lacks two of the qualities of a good Assault Vest user. (Passive Recovery, Unreliant on support movepool, and for more info read this article: http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue35/assault-vest) I also don't see a point in boosting Sylveon's Special Defense when it's literally already really high. Secondly on your point about making the team "hyper offensive". I don't think HO runs Swampert or Clerics just like "Balance" doesn't run Blissey. Third, before you criticize me on completely overhauling your team, I have to point out the glaring and obvious flaws in it. A. Mega Sceptile is really bad in this current meta if you ask any decent player. B. Although I won't discuss Sylveon or Blissey anymore just to be spiteful, I will point out Starmie, and how as an offensive spinner, stuff like Mega Blastoise is generally better. And if you're adamant on Starmie, why the **** are you running modest? One of few things Starmie has to separate itself from this meta is a great 115 speed tier, and Modest Nature completely negates your speed tier, as it doesn't outspeed anything faster than 100 base speed at that point. Things like the more recently popular Choice Band Infernape, Every coballion, LATIAS. AN S RANK MON. And C. Your gliscor set. Your set is to be frank, completely unviable. It wastes everything good about gliscor, good speed tier and defensive typing, STAB Earthquake, ability to switch into Latias and the like, wide support movepool as using tailwind on a team full of slow shit and mega scep who honestly doesn't need more speed at all is a waste of a moveslot. I made your team completely different yes, it isn't the "balance" (more like semistall actually) you intended, but I wanted to focus more on making the team viable, rather than sticking to a specific image. I'm not gonna argue anymore though. enjoy the team.

P.S literally any viable team can break stall if you make an aggressive switch. Plus Scarf Celebi can cripple a mon with trick.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)