Walrus Myzozoa's Walrus and h8rs' Ball [Won by Yeti]

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Billymills

Weird al-first world problems

Oh god. My weird al cap is at 4.5. On the other hand this accurately represents the level of sadness contained in many songs in this cat.

Myzozoa

next

4maskwolf
Edge of dawn-the beauty lies within

Synth pop??

It’s not bad, a bit hush hush, a bit too quiet. basic/10, beauty lies within, face full of scars and something about saving ur lover too.

Wait actually the lyrics are against saving, thas good.

Myzozoa

next asek and pdc are tied on 7

pdc

[Red House Painters - Medicine Bottle]

The beginning makes me worried im gonna be dead from 80’s overdose by 2 minutes. I find myself thankful that it is a slow starter, because if it got more obnoxious id fret. Ok here we go with the male singer. Angst+ lyrics, reflective, regretful. Song seems to be almost assuredly about this white dudes first real relationship break-up. I almost want to be like, get over it. It’s immaturity. It has pretty good lyrics to make this clear lol. 7/10 like i get it, this is a song thats really good at being bad. Goes on and on.

asek
The antlers-two

I hated the intro right away tbh and it went on and on in the same way. Im waiting for it to go somewhere. The lyrics that i can catch are indeed very sad, but also not that thematically bound, so rando shit seems to be in the lyrics. It starts changing after a minute and a half but to arrive at a new sounds takes even longer. Finally gets going. This is almost assuredly a song about codependence. It’s cringey, powerfully so. Is it sad? To me? It should be, but oddly assuring because I dont do codependent relationships anymore. 7/10

Myzozoa

next

Shubaka

The airborne toxic event-sometime around midnite
This user could find a shitty emo song for lute, but not for this cat. These lyrics are not my experience too much since i turned 22 and stopped drinking in bars. I think it’s different for ppl like me, the narrative of bar romance isn’t one i recognize, tho I enjoyed the lyrics and found them familiar enough. It is def very sad, but im not crying for this song, this song gets into some young manic vaguely suicidal (when alcohol fueled) youthful antics. I seen it, I done it, but for that type of low-light scene my tears are dry, and it is actually funny to me: like my experiences of that sadness are now funny to me. 7.3. the second dude submitted that could sing (george michael being the other). It is another basic/10, but i had fun w the silly the lyrics are. Getting so angsty abt hook-up culture, apparently shubaka thought to submit this, astutely recognizing i needed a laugh with all the sad songs others submitted. Ending is dope.

Myzozoa

next texas

on 7.4

Luther Vandross- Dance with my father

Ok this is a sad song for sure. Personally cant relate. 7.4. Not particularly exciting to me music wise, but def appropriate for this cat, and I enjoyed listening to it, in a kind of uncomprehending way.

Myzozoa

then also on 8 pts

yeti

Short and sweet, good lyrics 8/10

Idk what yeti submitted before, but going short seems to be a successful strat when submitting to my walrus.

Myzozoa

and last person in 2nd place

Soulfly
Soul fly

Parek and singh-ghost

Dope beginning. I like the singing, but ugh too much dissonance for me after the intro before the support comes in. there is a shot of ~1k worth of shoes, by my estimate, in one shot in this video btw. This song gets a lot because it is sad af, assuming u aren’t a teenager/ur someone who is actually becoming an adult and understands the lyrics. On the other hand i would also argue this song isn’t so much sad as it is painful. it just didnt do it for me on style, which really holds this back from it’s potential to be such a dope track.8/10.

Myzozoa

and tied for 1st, 3 winners:

atomicllamas

Atomicllamas

Murs-animal style

Cool lyrics. I would say ‘predictable’, but maybe not for most listeners. 8.5/10

dle

Kendrick lamar-sing about me

8.5/10

semi Pander capped, this is sad af and so good.

koc

L.A. Song by Beth Hart

8.5/10

This could be about anymore, not LA. this is almost too real. Chorus so good if the rest of the song is a little basic. Also i relate.

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
next several ppl tied on 4/10:

Von

This is now Dreams Go By by Harry Chapin
Uh this is sad, but not for the usual reasons. More like the whole vision of spending ur life with one person and spending all ur time with them is scary af. And basically just the whole mind numbing ‘our dreams will be broken together by our shitty toxic combinations of behaviors’. Ok 4/10. I wanted to give it lower, but that would imply it is worse than other submits that it is not actually worse than. Maybe. I guess… remind me again why YOU think this is sad? There is no intentional sad here, just like wistfulness. it makes me annoyed.

snype

Last Resort - Papa Roach

O god. 4/10

and then Rodan

Bomb the music industry-stand there until ur sober

This was almost worse than snypes

uhh last resort was my lute sub, not my make you cry sub

Myzozoa

uhh last resort was my lute sub, not my make you cry sub
Snype

ELO-telephone line

I liked the lyrics, singing not great, but ok. Obv heard this before. Best lyric ‘let it ring a little longer’. v sad, even more pathetic. Ending weak fade out. 7.3/10

note: i reserve my right to give your papa roach submission even less or more than 4 points for the next cat, js.

Myzozoa

last place

4maskwolf

Night of the Hunter by Thirty Seconds to Mars

Errything abt this got bad some time before the second minute. I guess i have to listen to this twice. Nope only once actually. .2/10 there is a not completely unbearable part around 3 minutes, but then they start singing about violence to their women partners (again). An offensive submit

Myzozoa

next on 4.5

lw

The Biggest Tragic Event in Human History - Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak OST

This is generic, and obnoxious. 4.5/10

Myzozoa

next 3 tied on 6 pts

snype

4 pts as per last time, going up or down from here what will it be. Honestly this does much better as a creepy song, but still obnoxious af. 6/10

Pdc

The cure-100 years

The cure, im am working on liking this group still. Kind of boring, bland. generic creepy. 6/10.

Ck

My dying bride-turn loose the swans

Ok god 10 mins. It goes on and on. 6/10

Myzozoa

then asek

death grips - blood creeping

Started out good, quickly became obnoxious. Beats ok. Lyrics super hit or miss, i find myself mildly entertained, but completely uninterested in listening again, but i can get with the beat most parts. 6.4/10

Myzozoa

then

walrein on 6.5

Walrein

Muse-thought of the dying atheist

Notice this is the same as another muse song following the muse rule: all muse songs must sound 90% like other muse songs. Boring until the ending. 6.5 muse fans are internet atheists y/n.

Myzozoa

then 3 2 ppl on 7

vonfiedler

No doubt-It’s my life

She ain’t debbie harrie, but not bad. Not sure if this is too morbid or creepy, but it’s pretty fun 7/10.

ok
Attomicllamas

William control-strangers

Synthpop++. Singing is ew. Idk it doesnt grip me. Lyrics are passable. 7

Billymills

Groovie ghoulies monster mash

Eh this one kind of drags. 7/10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)