Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Aura Sphere
- Vacuum Wave/Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
This was what I built the team around Nasty Plot Lucario. The spread maximisez speed and bulk. I chose Fightinium Z as my item for All-Out Pummeling which OHKOs Blissey at +2 which is amazing. Flash Cannon is STAB and Vacuum Wave but I have used Dark pulse for latias
Checks:
Faster thing that resist Vacuum Wave: Beedrill Lati and others can easily wall Lucario and take it out
Hippowdon: Hippowdon does not allow me to set up and can easily live and unboosted Aura Sphere.

1515288774682.png
1515288832165.png
Honeydew (Latias) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick
I have fallen in love with Scarf Lati. it is kind of unexpected and Outspeeds almost everything barring faster scarfers.The spread gives me the mose power and spee possible. Psyshock is STAB that hits Blissey a little harder. Draco Meteor is good STAB and allows me to "Drop a Draco" when needed. HP Fire hits Scizor(which is the only reason I have it) and Trick allows me to cripple walls.

Checks
Tricking my scarf too early: If I trick my scarf too early it allow for faster things to sweep
Alolan Muk : Alolan Muk traps this and easily picks me off
Being Locked into the wrong move: If I am locked into a move I don't wan tit can cause set up and lost momentum
1515288925677.png
1515289128605.png
Blech (Muk-Alola) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Gunk Shot
- Shadow Sneak
Muk is a Pokemon I personally hate playing against, but I had to have it for this team when I was team building. The spread maximizes bulk and Power and allows me to speed creep if necessary. Knock Off is Knock Off one of the best moves in the game. Pursuit allows me to Pursuit trap Gunk Shot is very powerful STAB and Shadow Sneak gives me priority.

Checks:
Gliscor: It cannot Gliscor and Gliscor can easily kill it back
Scizor: I cannot touch Scizor and it can set up on me
1515289195251.png
1515289218916.png

Boo (Togekiss) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Defog
- Heal Bell
Togekiss was a Pokemon that I really felt was necessary. The EV spread allow Kiss to be as physically bulky and the Speed EVs allow me to speed creep. Air Slash allows Togekiss to flinch, flinch, flinch. Roost allows me to recover Defog removes hazards and and Heal Bell get rid of status. Togekiss' job is predictable but it does it very well
Checks:
Mega-Manectric: Mega Man doesn't care about anything against kiss and can easily kill it
Taunt: Taunt stops this completely and forces me to switch
1515289336656.png
1515289218916.png

Curt (Swampert) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake

My next part of my core is swampert. I chose this as my special wall for the surprise and that I would much rather Phys. Def Kiss. Scald allow me to possibly burn. Toxic cripples opossing walls. Stealth Rocks is Stealth Rocks one of the best moves in the game and EQ is just another STAB option which hits Muk, and things that resist scald.

Checks
Grass Types: Serperior in particular just rips Swampert. Especially SubSeed. it is so hard to play around.
Rotom-Wash/Mow: I can't touch either and they can stall me out burn me trick me or outright kill me.
1515289489132.png
1515289844842.png

Drillin' (Beedrill-Mega) (M) @ Beedrillite
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run
- Fell Stinger

Mega-Bee was kind of a filler pick. It fit the role of a fast physical attacker that I needed. It also gives me a form of momentum. the spread maximizes speed and power. U-Turn gives me strong Bug STAB and a form of momentum. Poison Jab is my main attacking move with a power now of 160 it hits very hard. Drill Run hits steels. Fell Stinger is a surprise that can bring me instantly to +3 and allows this to be even more deadly. The thought of it even forces switches that can give me favorable matchups.

Checks:
Gliscor/Hippowdon/Scizor/Mega Aggron/Mega Steelix/Mega Aerodactyl: All of these wall this or outspeed it and can easily kill it.
Scarfers: Choice Scarf users outspeed and easily take ou Mega Bee
That is the time feel free to make changes and have fun

Importable:
Skywalker (Lucario) (M) @ Fightinium Z
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Aura Sphere
- Vacuum Wave
- Flash Cannon

Honeydew (Latias) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

Blech (Muk-Alola) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Gunk Shot
- Shadow Sneak

Boo (Togekiss) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Defog
- Heal Bell

Curt (Swampert) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Drillin' (Beedrill-Mega) (M) @ Beedrillite
Ability: Sniper
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run
- Fell Stinger

Attachments

Last edited:

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello Jordan,

Glad to see Lucario getting some love, I myself am a big advocate of SD Lucario, which is often overlooked for Cobalion, but I'm intrigued by your approach with NP Lucario. I have identified a couple of weaknesses on your team that you might want to address by virtue of a few changes.

(Threats & Issues // Changes & Benefits)

• Seeing how Gliscor shuts down nearly every single member of your team (and given its popularity), this team is in need of some adjustment in that regard. Taunt + Toxic, Swords Dance and even the standard Stealth Rock + Toxic set guarantee a hard time for this team. Specially defensive variants in particular, which can easily stomach Draco Meteor, Flash Cannon and Scald from Latias, Lucario and Swampert respectively, are troublesome to deal with. Therefore, I'd like to suggest and edit which addresses that weakness:
    • Beedrill-M
      --> Aerodactyl-M

Since Beedrill-M was the last and a "filler" pick on your team, I felt it would be acceptable to replace it entirely with a 'mon that will help alleviate the Gliscor weakness and aid Lucario in its endeavour to sweep. Aerodactyl-M can switch in on Gliscor with relative ease and remove it/severely weaken it with Ice Fang. Another benefit of Aerodactyl-M is the addition of yet another Pursuit user: It can therefore remove Beedrill-M, Latias, Chandelure, Celebi and Crobat, all of which resist/are immune to Vacuum Wave from Lucario. Additionally, Aerodactyl-M adds a much needed Flying resist to your team. I chose Roost in the last slot to not succumb to Toxic damage, possile inflicted by Gliscor, and other chip damage over time, but some other coverage, possibly Earthquake or Wing Attack, might eventually prove to be more useful.
      Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite Ability: Unnerve
      Jolly Nature
      - Stone Edge
      - Ice Fang
      - Pursuit
      - Roost
  • Both Choice Band and Swords Dance Scizor can give your team quite a bit of trouble. The former easily U-turns on the majority of your team (your specially defensive Swampert takes 50% damage from that!) and picks off Aerodactyl-M (formerly Beedrill-M), Latias (after some prior damage) and Togekiss with Bullet Punch. Pursuit even threatens to remove Aerodactyl-M (formerly Beedrill-M) and Latias from play entirely. Swords Dance variants on the other hand might sweep you entirely, easily setting up on Aerodactyl-M (formerly Beedrill-M), Latias locked into Draco Meteor or Psyshock (even Trick if the Scizor is a Z-variant), and Muk-A.
    • Fire Punch>Shadow Sneak on Muk-A

A simple but effective change that avoids set-up from Scizor on Muk-A.
    • Togekiss
      --> Moltres

Togekiss is a rather suboptimal choice for a Defogger, it struggles to beat Cobalion, Aggron-M and Klefki. Moltres will beat the aformentioned 'mons, and even though it has trouble preventing Rocks from Swampert and Seismitoad, it is at least capable to stall them out with the combination of Toxic and Pressure. More importantly though, Moltres offers a great amount of defensive value for your team: It easily counters Scizor (even +2 Life Orb boosted Quick Attack fails to OHKO the spread below after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery) and helps versus two other threats, which are outlined beneath. This change does make your team weaker to Choice Scarf Hydreigon, but since Lucario actually appreciates a choice locked Hydreigon to set up on, it shouldn't pose too much trouble.
      Moltres @ Leftovers Ability: Pressure
      EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 108 SpD / 56 Spe
      Bold Nature
      - Flamethrower
      - Roost
      - Defog
      - Toxic
    • You mentioned yourself how annoying SubSeed Serperior is to play around, and it is certainly problematic, even with Muk-A and Beedrill-M on your team (the former gets stalled by the combination of Substitute and Leech Seed, the latter fears chip from HP Fire). Thankfully, the Moltres addition from earlier takes care of this 'mon as well. With Pressure, Leaf Storm PP are reduced to a total of 4, Leech Seed PP to 8, which makes alternating between Moltres and Muk-A an option (on the turns Serperior is forced to Subsitute) in order to drain PP even further. While Z-Hyper Beam Serperior can break through Moltres with prior damage (the given spread allows it to always live +2 Breakneck Blitz after Leaf Storm and Leftovers recovery), it can't grab as many kills with Latias and Aerodactyl-M there to revenge kill it.

• Dragon Dance Altaria-M may still give this team a fair amount of trouble, even though Moltres greatly improves match-up versus variants that don't carry Refresh, stalling them out with Toxic + Roost. Opting for a physically defensive spread and Roar>Toxic on Swampert can help to get out of a critical situation once and prevent a full sweep.
  • /
    If at this point you feel like Rotom-W gives your team too much trouble, being invited by Aerodactyl-M and Moltres, you can try out Seismitoad over Swampert . Not only does Seismitoad shut down Rotom-W entirely, it also prevents Suicune from ever sweeping versus your team (just make sure it doesn't get badly poisened). Having an Aqua Jet immunity for Azumarill may also prove to be critical in some scenarios. Since this clashes with the suggestion above on Swampert, I recommend you to try out both versions (I for one prefer Seismitoad here).
    Seismitoad @ Leftovers
    Ability: Water Absorb
    EVs: 208 HP / 220 Def / 16 SpD / 64 Spe
    Impish Nature
    - Scald
    - Earthquake
    - Toxic
    - Stealth Rock
  • Lastly, I recommend aminor change on Latias: Psychic>Psyshock. It's slighty more powerful and helps with odds when facing BD Azumarill and SD Cobalion. Psyshock is not needed here since this team is not weak to CM Raikou or Nihilego, and it does pityful damage to Blissey anyway since it's not boosted by Life Orb. With Moltres on the team Scizor becomes a lot more manageable, which lessens the need for HP Fire on this Latias. Opting for Healing Wish can help to bring back a weakened Lucario (or any other member), whereas Thunderbolt can provide more security versus Azumarill.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Concluding, the team will still probably struggle versus some threats (especially mono-DD Refresh Altaria-M, and stall too might be difficult to face with only NP Lucario at your disposal; gotta time the set up well) but I don't see a way to address these issues without dismantling and restructuring the team entirely. That is not to say I'm not content with the outcome; I truly believe these changes to have improved the team overall. Let me know if and how these changes worked out for you. Peace!

Lucario @ Fightinium Z
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Flash Cannon
- Nasty Plot
- Vacuum Wave

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Ice Fang
- Pursuit
- Roost

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Fire Punch

Moltres @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic

Hello Jordan,

Glad to see Lucario getting some love, I myself am a big advocate of SD Lucario, which is often overlooked for Cobalion, but I'm intrigued by your approach with NP Lucario. I have identified a couple of weaknesses on your team that you might want to address by virtue of a few changes.

(Threats & Issues // Changes & Benefits)

• Seeing how Gliscor shuts down nearly every single member of your team (and given its popularity), this team is in need of some adjustment in that regard. Taunt + Toxic, Swords Dance and even the standard Stealth Rock + Toxic set guarantee a hard time for this team. Specially defensive variants in particular, which can easily stomach Draco Meteor, Flash Cannon and Scald from Latias, Lucario and Swampert respectively, are troublesome to deal with. Therefore, I'd like to suggest and edit which addresses that weakness:
    • Beedrill-M
      --> Aerodactyl-M

Since Beedrill-M was the last and a "filler" pick on your team, I felt it would be acceptable to replace it entirely with a 'mon that will help alleviate the Gliscor weakness and aid Lucario in its endeavour to sweep. Aerodactyl-M can switch in on Gliscor with relative ease and remove it/severely weaken it with Ice Fang. Another benefit of Aerodactyl-M is the addition of yet another Pursuit user: It can therefore remove Beedrill-M, Latias, Chandelure, Celebi and Crobat, all of which resist/are immune to Vacuum Wave from Lucario. Additionally, Aerodactyl-M adds a much needed Flying resist to your team. I chose Roost in the last slot to not succumb to Toxic damage, possile inflicted by Gliscor, and other chip damage over time, but some other coverage, possibly Earthquake or Wing Attack, might eventually prove to be more useful.
      Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite Ability: Unnerve
      Jolly Nature
      - Stone Edge
      - Ice Fang
      - Pursuit
      - Roost
  • Both Choice Band and Swords Dance Scizor can give your team quite a bit of trouble. The former easily U-turns on the majority of your team (your specially defensive Swampert takes 50% damage from that!) and picks off Aerodactyl-M (formerly Beedrill-M), Latias (after some prior damage) and Togekiss with Bullet Punch. Pursuit even threatens to remove Aerodactyl-M (formerly Beedrill-M) and Latias from play entirely. Swords Dance variants on the other hand might sweep you entirely, easily setting up on Aerodactyl-M (formerly Beedrill-M), Latias locked into Draco Meteor or Psyshock (even Trick if the Scizor is a Z-variant), and Muk-A.
    • Fire Punch>Shadow Sneak on Muk-A

A simple but effective change that avoids set-up from Scizor on Muk-A.
    • Togekiss
      --> Moltres

Togekiss is a rather suboptimal choice for a Defogger, it struggles to beat Cobalion, Aggron-M and Klefki. Moltres will beat the aformentioned 'mons, and even though it has trouble preventing Rocks from Swampert and Seismitoad, it is at least capable to stall them out with the combination of Toxic and Pressure. More importantly though, Moltres offers a great amount of defensive value for your team: It easily counters Scizor (even +2 Life Orb boosted Quick Attack fails to OHKO the spread below after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery) and helps versus two other threats, which are outlined beneath. This change does make your team weaker to Choice Scarf Hydreigon, but since Lucario actually appreciates a choice locked Hydreigon to set up on, it shouldn't pose too much trouble.
      Moltres @ Leftovers Ability: Pressure
      Bold Nature
      - Flamethrower
      - Roost
      - Defog
      - Toxic
    • You mentioned yourself how annoying SubSeed Serperior is to play around, and it is certainly problematic, even with Muk-A and Beedrill-M on your team (the former gets stalled by the combination of Substitute and Leech Seed, the latter fears chip from HP Fire). Thankfully, the Moltres addition from earlier takes care of this 'mon as well. With Pressure, Leaf Storm PP are reduced to a total of 4, Leech Seed PP to 8, which makes alternating between Moltres and Muk-A an option (on the turns Serperior is forced to Subsitute) in order to drain PP even further. While Z-Hyper Beam Serperior can break through Moltres with prior damage (the given spread allows it to always live +2 Breakneck Blitz after Leaf Storm and Leftovers recovery), it can't grab as many kills with Latias and Aerodactyl-M there to revenge kill it.

• Dragon Dance Altaria-M may still give this team a fair amount of trouble, even though Moltres greatly improves match-up versus variants that don't carry Refresh, stalling them out with Toxic + Roost. Opting for a physically defensive spread and Roar>Toxic on Swampert can help to get out of a critical situation once and prevent a full sweep.
  • /
    If at this point you feel like Rotom-W gives your team too much trouble, being invited by Aerodactyl-M and Moltres, you can try out Seismitoad over Swampert . Not only does Seismitoad shut down Rotom-W entirely, it also prevents Suicune from ever sweeping versus your team (just make sure it doesn't get badly poisened). Having an Aqua Jet immunity for Azumarill may also prove to be critical in some scenarios. Since this clashes with the suggestion above on Swampert, I recommend you to try out both versions (I for one prefer Seismitoad here).
    Seismitoad @ Leftovers
    Impish Nature
    - Scald
    - Earthquake
    - Toxic
    - Stealth Rock
  • Lastly, I recommend aminor change on Latias: Psychic>Psyshock. It's slighty more powerfuland helps with odds when facing BD Azumarill and SD Cobalion. Psyshock is not needed here since this team is not weak to CM Raikou or Nihilego, and it does pityful damage to Blissey anyway since it's not boosted by Life Orb. With Moltres on the team Scizor becomes a lot more manageable, which lessens the need for HP Fire on this Latias. Opting for Healing Wish can help to bring back a weakened Lucario (or any other member), whereas Thunderbolt can provide more security versus Azumarill.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Concluding, the team will still probably struggle versus some threats (especially mono-DD Refresh Altaria-M, and stall too might be difficult to face with only NP Lucario at your disposal; gotta time the set up well) but I don't see a way to address these issues without dismantling and restructuring the team entirely. That is not to say I'm not content with the outcome; I truly believe these changes to have improved the team overall. Let me know if and how these changes worked out for you. Peace!

Lucario @ Fightinium Z
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Flash Cannon
- Nasty Plot
- Vacuum Wave

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Ice Fang
- Pursuit
- Roost

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Fire Punch

Moltres @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic

Thanks you a lot I will try the new team and see how it does. Also what does the spread for Moltres doother than what was mentioned befored

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)