Project National Dex OU Teambuilding Competition - Cycle 45: Meowscarada

Sputnik

Bono My Tires are Deceased
is a Contributor Alumnus
Sneasler Koko Cheese Team

:ss/great tusk::ss/dragapult::ss/diancie-mega::ss/sneasler::ss/tapu koko::ss/corviknight:

Lay hazards with Diancie, spread status with Pult, set up Eterrain with Koko, then pick a wincon. Extremely cheesy offense but its very fun to use if you just wanna click on ladder or something. Idef Corv is very funny.

R8

On LoA
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Contributor Alumnus
National Dex Leader
Voting!

Team A
koko fdflmsrpprqg (pokepast.es)
i did this team in five minutes : the goal of the team is to use the ability to use the ability from scizor to lure corv and pex to u turn to koko that can pivot or lure clodsire to bring weavile and to throw big damage or pursuit in order to get rid of gholdengo or clod. Slowking-g can help with future sight. Tusk and gastrodon are here just here for utility value
Team B
:tapu-koko: :iron-moth: :iron-treads: :lopunny-mega: :kyurem: :landorus-therian:
some phys elec z koko cuz why not
Team C
:sv/tapu koko: :raichu-alola: :avalugg-hisui: :ampharos-mega: :iron valiant: :iron leaves:
Electric terrain based offensive team
Team E
Sneasler Koko Cheese Team

:ss/great tusk::ss/dragapult::ss/diancie-mega::ss/sneasler::ss/tapu koko::ss/corviknight:

Lay hazards with Diancie, spread status with Pult, set up Eterrain with Koko, then pick a wincon. Extremely cheesy offense but its very fun to use if you just wanna click on ladder or something. Idef Corv is very funny.
Team D
Fully dependent E-Terrain Team
:Tapu-koko: :Iron-valiant: :hawlucha: :Iron Moth: :landorus-therian: :scizor-mega:
Explanation:
This team is fully dependent on :tapu-koko: being alive or else the most prized attacker :iron-valiant: , and :iron-Moth: or :Hawlucha: as subsitute attackers (if the former :iron-valiant: faints) will not be able to use their full potential. :tapu-koko: is our terrain setter which is why it's holding a terrain extender so the main attackers can fully use their potential for longer, I keep :hawlucha: in despite :sneasler: performing better, is because of it's 2.25× (or 2.5× I forgot) STAB Acrobatics (This was also because this team was made pre-home but anyways). :landorus-therian: is our Hazard and Item remover, might be counterintuitive to defog if we have terrain in field but it's managable, it holds eject button since it's bulky enough to take a hit and switch to our main attackers or substitue attackers, :scizor-mega: is there to counter :tapu-lele: and maybe :kingambit: if I played my cards right.

This is my first submission so please critisize if you found any mistakes thank you! <3
Voting ends Friday, 8PM GMT+1

Last edited:
Congratulations to sh0shin for winning this slate!

Cycle 19: Kyurem
:sv/Kyurem:

Submissions end Wednesday 28th​
Dragspam HO

boots go brr (Kyurem) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 56 HP / 112 Atk / 108 Def / 100 SpD / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Icicle Spear
- Roost

The star of the show, Kyurem has a good matchup against bulkier mons like Chansey and ferrothorn, using them as fodder to setup and proceed to sweep. The boots are obvious, and the HP investment is to keep substitutes up against Chansey's seismic toss. The lack of immediate power requires kyurem to be pivoted in on a more passive pokemon and not recieve a toxic or leech seed while switching in, or this thing will be useless, and a liability for the team, and should be sacked as soon as possible if it has a status condition.

Grimmsnarl @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- Parting Shot
- Reflect

originally gonna use ribombee, but the team already has enough speed control. Screens go brr i guess.

frogman (Greninja) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 164 Atk / 92 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Gunk Shot
A great pivot pokemon, greninja switches into kyurem or dragapult, the wincons of the team depending on the matchup, or into heatran. Greninja can pick up solid KO's and is reliable speed control for the team.

Single parent (Dragapult) @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Clear Body
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Phantom Force
- Substitute
- Dragon Darts

The dragapult set is simply to get in at the right time, and setup before sweeping. Standard sets come in play, and since we dont have a toxic spikes setter, hex is too much of an investment for us.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 136 SpA / 28 SpD
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
- Taunt
Magma storm is to trap and 2HKO or OHKO steel types, sorta like the old 4drag2mag strategy but much more reliable. Flash cannon surprises fairies, and the rest is to be an annoying trapper.

Latios @ Latiosite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam
- Roost

The wallbreaker of the team, latios pairs well with heatran, and the offensive presence it has is great since our team is mainly physical attacking rather than special attacking. Roost is for longevity and the other moves are for standard wallbreaking.

Runo

I can only imagine
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
:sv/Kyurem::sv/Slowking::sv/Kartana:Gambit.gif:sv/Landorus-Therian::sv/Moltres:

Go crazy with SubRoost Kyurem and friends thanks to Slowking's Chilly Reception. Scarf Kartana is here to offensively check cringe ass mons like Tapu Lele and Mega Lopunny so they don't hurt my beloved Kyurem. Kingambit is so I don't have a panic attack every time I see Gholdengo or Dragapult. Also gives me some priority with Sucker Punch so that's nice. Lando is the rocker and helping me not lose on preview to Zamazenta. Moltres is back on my build because I love this mon, my favorite unmon in OU ngl. Anyways I needed a fogger and Molt is good to reinforce my matchup against Ferrothorn, Iron Valiant, and Heatran.

Replay vs a Mega TTar build

red fintans

fintan is actually blue
is a Contributor to Smogon

Kyurem team designed to sweep with Kyurem, break with MLati and also bait and kill Gambit with aura sphere (or at minimum bait tera)

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/31e852f6d0a78d8d
:kyurem: :charizard: :great-tusk: :kartana: :tornadus-therian: :garganacl:

A sort of balance team featuring Groundinium Kyurem, paired with the classic Zard-y + Great Tusk core for both big damage and hazard removal. Torn-T helps bring in the team's big threats and is secondary hazard removal. Kartana with scarf can threaten out threats such as Tapu Lele, MLop and more while appreciating Kyurem's capability to threaten lando-t as well as Gliscor. Garganacl sets rocks and gives the team some backbone againts threats like Mega Diancie.

Hi it’s been awhile since I made a post but here it is!
:Kyurem: :Tapu Koko: :Iron Valiant: :Charizard-Mega-Y: :Great Tusk: :Hatterene:
https://pokepast.es/fd7ba8e79227897a

This is a Char Y Team featuring scarf kyurem, koko+valiant, and hatterene. This team focuses on pressuring the other side while safely bringing out the hard hitters like char y and iron valiant.
:Kyurem:
Kyurem @ Choice Scarf
Tera Type: Steel
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor
Scarf Kyurem helps with speed control and deals with walls for char y like pex, dnite and heatran. Has Draco Meteor to hit hard and tera steel is to help not lose against scarf lele and other fairies.

:Tapu Koko:
Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
Tera Type: Electric
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn
Electrium z koko allows it to do heavy damage against unexpecting mons like gholdengo and heatran for example. Taunt helps prevent set up and hazards and gleam is for coverage against fighting and dragon types.

:Iron Valiant:
Iron Valiant @ Expert Belt
Ability: Quark Drive
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
Expert belt iron valiant allows it to hit and kill non max spdef heatran unlike specs where you’re forced to switch out if predicted wrong. It also 2hkos most common gholdengo variants with shadow ball and can kill it when ghold switches in on it.
:Charizard-Mega-Y:
Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Fire
Timid Nature
- Weather Ball/Fire Blast
- Air Slash/Roost
- Solar Beam
- Scorching Sands
There’s two sets it can run. Either 3a or roost or the cursed 4a set depending on your preference both having pros and cons. 3a set allows char y to have longevity during the match while the 4a set allows it to hit tera grass heatran which commonly walls it but at the cost of no recovery.
:Great Tusk:
Great Tusk @ Leftovers
Ability: Protosynthesis
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Close Combat
- Headlong Rush
- Ice Spinner
Main job for it is to get rid of hazards while still applying pressure with strong moves. It becomes a powerful wallbreaker in sun and lefties helps its longevity and not die switching in to mlop.
:Hatterene:
Hatterene (F) @ Eject Button
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Nuzzle
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Psyshock
Its job is to bounce back suspecting hazards and allowing mons like char y to safely switch in with its item eject button. It also can stop mons from switching out with damaging pivot moves like u turn and volt switch with eject button and gives you a favorable position.

That’s all and have a good day

This is my first time participating in this! I'm bringing a Kyurem bulky offense team

Kyurem @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Roost
- Substitute
- Earth Power

This is a pretty standard kyurem set I think, HP investment is just enough for it to survive seismic toss, and even without full special attack investment, it can hit anything but not especially bulky or that is weak to one of its attacks pretty hard. Sub plus roost is really useful for stalling things out, even something like zard Y can occasionally see itself stalled out if it's a fire blast set, rather than weatherball.

Toxapex @ Eject Button
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Haze
- Recover

I tried a few different sets for this, and was initially going for heavy duty boots. I decided that eject button would be better though, since one it offers a free switch which is helpful getting in the mon that aren't part of the regen core. The more important part of eject button is that it allows it to easily get rid of its own item, which lets it switch into kingambit in the late game and spam haze to make sure that it has to kill it without getting +2.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Hidden Power: Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 196 SpD / 60 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

heatran here is very useful for a lot of stuff, but especially just it forces progress on almost everything. The fact that the set has very few true switch ins means that can pretty effectively force damage on the steel types that can withstand hits from kyurem and eventually let it clean up in the late game

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
Tera Type: Normal
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Fake Out
- Frustration

lopunny is here to do a lopunny things. It offers solid speed control without having to be locked in for a scarf user, and can also clean up weakened teams in the late game

Great Tusk @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Water
Jolly Nature
- Headlong Rush
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Spinner

Tusk here could probably be argued to swap for landorus, but like its better ability to switch into lopunny, as well as ice spinner being very useful for forcing damage on stuff that can otherwise switch in to landorus. It also acts as the primary check to kingambit, not needing its health to be preserved quite as much as lop to let it do that, especially with the passive healing of leftovers. Ice spinner also helps it slow down electric terrain teams and unburden sweepers by limiting the turns to utilize terrain.

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Defog
- Knock Off

Torn here is a pretty reliable defogger, able to weaken gholdengo reliably with knock off. It's a good long term switch in to great tusk, as well as using regenerator to pivot on a ton of mons that rely on passive damage. It can help deal with most mega lop sets, can beat sneasler if it doesn't tera or get lucky with dire claw, and either beat or pivot on most zam sets.

Dead by Daylight

infinity repeating
is a Contributor to Smogon
:ss/Kyurem: :ss/Scizor-mega: :ss/volcarona: :sv/Enamorus: :sv/ting-lu: :ss/garganacl:

Chop Suey! - System of a Down
Kyurem + Mega Scizor Balance
———————————————
Overview
This is a team that’s pretty easy to play, and pretty hard to put down. It incorporates one of my favorite cores (Kyurem + Mega Scizor) with hazard stacking, letting every offensive member in this team break far easier.
———————————————
Team Description
:kyurem: The star of the show. Kyurem is an incredibly threatening wallbreaker that can topple slower teams with its monstrous power and great STAB moves. Additionally, its Ice STAB threatens Flying-types like Tornadus-T that don’t care about Spikes, as well as hitting Great Tusks trying to spin away hazards.

:Scizor-mega: Mega Scizor is a key partner for Kyurem, as it provides a great blanket check to fellow Dragon-types, as well as forcing Mega Diancie out and generally being difficult to take down. It also gives Kyurem a free switch opportunity, making it that much more threatening.

:Volcarona: So far, the only things that can withstand the onslaught are Steel-types that don’t fear Earth Power. Well, Volcarona uses them as a setup opportunity. Additionally, Flame Body gives the team much more leeway against Fighting-types, as a burn is generally deadly for them. Finally, Volcarona greatly appreciates Kyurem removing Flying-types from the picture.

:enamorus: Enamorus provides a crucial Fighting resistance, while also benefitting greatly from the removal of Steel-types. Some Speed control is also great, as well. Superpower hits stuff for some damage, as this team doesn’t need any Healing Wish support.

:ting-Lu: Ting-Lu is incredibly bulky, letting it function as a great switch-in to things like Dragapult and Kingambit. It generally provides chip damage through Spikes, but also lures in Great Tusk to get taken advantage of by Kyurem.

:garganacl: Garganacl is the final piece of the defensive backbone, and glues everything together well. It provides a nice Fire resistance, while also throwing on even more chip damage with Salt Cure and Stealth Rock.
———————————————
And that’s all! If this team performs well, I may make it an RMT. Click the sprites for the importable. Cheers.

thebestever543

I COULD BE BANNED!
Congratulations to sh0shin for winning this slate!

Cycle 19: Kyurem
:sv/Kyurem:

Submissions end Wednesday 28th​
1688008110462.gif
1688008172048.gif
1688008275581.gif

1688008207989.gif
1688008246656.gif
1688008306548.gif

Cycle 19: Featuring old school CeleTran and more recent Lopunny + Kyurem. The remaining slots go to phys def. Lando-T with helmet and ID Press Zamazenta-Hero who works well here as a good wincon/revenge killer.

Celebi @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder Wave
- Recover

Covert helps your mu verse garg, dengo, lele and thunder wave can hinder things that outspeed it to help Celebi and it’s teammates beat it. Shadow ball is for dengo, you won’t be switching in unless you tera but dengo is a practical switch-in to Celebi. Need to be weary of pursuit trappers like Gambit/Tar

Heatran @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 216 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Awkward Tran set with Taunt + Rocks but you can still effectively trap things like Clod and sometimes weakned Garg. Tera flying seems sub-optimal but Yard has started using air slash recently to combat tera grass. As well as the fighting resist is worth noting. The biggest thing is being weak to rocks, you’re going to have to try your best to deny rocks in order to secure Heatran’s longevity.

Zamazenta @ Leftovers
Ability: Dauntless Shield
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 Spe
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Crunch
- Iron Defense
- Substitute

Pretty standard ID Press set except slightly different spread. I opted for less speed but enough for mdiancie. Tera dark also to help combat tera ghost garg and to 1v1 defensive dengo.

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Toxic

Already know I’m going to get backlash for this Lopunny set, let alone using Celebi but I chose toxic to catch Zap or Lando. Obviously Ice coverage exist but rather than risking para, miss or worse (tera)! I chose to run toxic on this team since it helps Celebi and Lando to punish Zap from coming in.

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power

If I played with this team more, I’d probably make this thing scarf but specs has been very nice at creating opportunities. Specs Kyurem still doesn’t have many switch-ins. Since this is specs, I figured defensive tera made more sense to live hits from Mdiancie or even just avoiding toxic/toxic spikes from glim. Specs Kyurem being able to resist fighting and click something for free is just really scary if you’re on the receiving end of that hit.

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Defog

Running max defense Lando. Not much explanation needed but you really don’t want too many hazards to go up since this team is pretty weak to hazards. Speed for timid zone and base max base 50s. While rare to come across either, only 8 evs is fine, you outspeed defensive tusk and toxic puts it on a time for Lopunny. Tera water to improve the rain mu but the ice resist is just really handy for offensive tusk or random ice covg. Not your typical tera candidate on this team though.

The main idea of this team is to get Kyurem in and start breaking shit. This team is loaded with pivots, like Celebi, Lop, Lando, Tran so if you play it right you’ll have plenty of opportunities to click buttons with Kyurem.

R8

On LoA
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Contributor Alumnus
National Dex Leader
Voting time!

Team A
Dragspam HO

boots go brr (Kyurem) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 56 HP / 112 Atk / 108 Def / 100 SpD / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Icicle Spear
- Roost

The star of the show, Kyurem has a good matchup against bulkier mons like Chansey and ferrothorn, using them as fodder to setup and proceed to sweep. The boots are obvious, and the HP investment is to keep substitutes up against Chansey's seismic toss. The lack of immediate power requires kyurem to be pivoted in on a more passive pokemon and not recieve a toxic or leech seed while switching in, or this thing will be useless, and a liability for the team, and should be sacked as soon as possible if it has a status condition.

Grimmsnarl @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- Parting Shot
- Reflect

originally gonna use ribombee, but the team already has enough speed control. Screens go brr i guess.

frogman (Greninja) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 164 Atk / 92 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Gunk Shot
A great pivot pokemon, greninja switches into kyurem or dragapult, the wincons of the team depending on the matchup, or into heatran. Greninja can pick up solid KO's and is reliable speed control for the team.

Single parent (Dragapult) @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Phantom Force
- Substitute
- Dragon Darts

The dragapult set is simply to get in at the right time, and setup before sweeping. Standard sets come in play, and since we dont have a toxic spikes setter, hex is too much of an investment for us.

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 136 SpA / 28 SpD
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
- Taunt
Magma storm is to trap and 2HKO or OHKO steel types, sorta like the old 4drag2mag strategy but much more reliable. Flash cannon surprises fairies, and the rest is to be an annoying trapper.

Latios @ Latiosite
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam
- Roost

The wallbreaker of the team, latios pairs well with heatran, and the offensive presence it has is great since our team is mainly physical attacking rather than special attacking. Roost is for longevity and the other moves are for standard wallbreaking.
Team B
:sv/Kyurem::sv/Slowking::sv/Kartana:View attachment 528665:sv/Landorus-Therian::sv/Moltres:

Go crazy with SubRoost Kyurem and friends thanks to Slowking's Chilly Reception. Scarf Kartana is here to offensively check cringe ass mons like Tapu Lele and Mega Lopunny so they don't hurt my beloved Kyurem. Kingambit is so I don't have a panic attack every time I see Gholdengo or Dragapult. Also gives me some priority with Sucker Punch so that's nice. Lando is the rocker and helping me not lose on preview to Zamazenta. Moltres is back on my build because I love this mon, my favorite unmon in OU ngl. Anyways I needed a fogger and Molt is good to reinforce my matchup against Ferrothorn, Iron Valiant, and Heatran.

Replay vs a Mega TTar build
Team C
Charizard X Team (pokepast.es)
Submission idk if I'm doing it right but this is quite unorthodox lmao
Team D

Kyurem team designed to sweep with Kyurem, break with MLati and also bait and kill Gambit with aura sphere (or at minimum bait tera)
Team E
https://pokepast.es/31e852f6d0a78d8d
:kyurem: :charizard: :great-tusk: :kartana: :tornadus-therian: :garganacl:

A sort of balance team featuring Groundinium Kyurem, paired with the classic Zard-y + Great Tusk core for both big damage and hazard removal. Torn-T helps bring in the team's big threats and is secondary hazard removal. Kartana with scarf can threaten out threats such as Tapu Lele, MLop and more while appreciating Kyurem's capability to threaten lando-t as well as Gliscor. Garganacl sets rocks and gives the team some backbone againts threats like Mega Diancie.
Team F
https://pokepast.es/ad8d4a9425542c8e
The basic goal is to steal all the pp of the opp and make them throw their computer also punishment is for gholdengo that try to nasty plot.
Team G
Hi it’s been awhile since I made a post but here it is!
:Kyurem: :Tapu Koko: :Iron Valiant: :Charizard-Mega-Y: :Great Tusk: :Hatterene:
https://pokepast.es/fd7ba8e79227897a

This is a Char Y Team featuring scarf kyurem, koko+valiant, and hatterene. This team focuses on pressuring the other side while safely bringing out the hard hitters like char y and iron valiant.
:Kyurem:
Kyurem @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor
Scarf Kyurem helps with speed control and deals with walls for char y like pex, dnite and heatran. Has Draco Meteor to hit hard and tera steel is to help not lose against scarf lele and other fairies.

:Tapu Koko:
Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
Tera Type: Electric
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Taunt
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn
Electrium z koko allows it to do heavy damage against unexpecting mons like gholdengo and heatran for example. Taunt helps prevent set up and hazards and gleam is for coverage against fighting and dragon types.

:Iron Valiant:
Iron Valiant @ Expert Belt
Ability: Quark Drive
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
Expert belt iron valiant allows it to hit and kill non max spdef heatran unlike specs where you’re forced to switch out if predicted wrong. It also 2hkos most common gholdengo variants with shadow ball and can kill it when ghold switches in on it.
:Charizard-Mega-Y:
Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Tera Type: Fire
Timid Nature
- Weather Ball/Fire Blast
- Air Slash/Roost
- Solar Beam
- Scorching Sands
There’s two sets it can run. Either 3a or roost or the cursed 4a set depending on your preference both having pros and cons. 3a set allows char y to have longevity during the match while the 4a set allows it to hit tera grass heatran which commonly walls it but at the cost of no recovery.
:Great Tusk:
Great Tusk @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Close Combat
- Headlong Rush
- Ice Spinner
Main job for it is to get rid of hazards while still applying pressure with strong moves. It becomes a powerful wallbreaker in sun and lefties helps its longevity and not die switching in to mlop.
:Hatterene:
Hatterene (F) @ Eject Button
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Nuzzle
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Psyshock
Its job is to bounce back suspecting hazards and allowing mons like char y to safely switch in with its item eject button. It also can stop mons from switching out with damaging pivot moves like u turn and volt switch with eject button and gives you a favorable position.

That’s all and have a good day
Team H
View attachment 529716
https://pokepast.es/66fd6fdf2597b966
Built this team around m-hera, but with double para abusers, kyurem plays an important role against rain and many slow teams.
Team I
This is my first time participating in this! I'm bringing a Kyurem bulky offense team

Kyurem @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Roost
- Substitute
- Earth Power

This is a pretty standard kyurem set I think, HP investment is just enough for it to survive seismic toss, and even without full special attack investment, it can hit anything but not especially bulky or that is weak to one of its attacks pretty hard. Sub plus roost is really useful for stalling things out, even something like zard Y can occasionally see itself stalled out if it's a fire blast set, rather than weatherball.

Toxapex @ Eject Button
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Haze
- Recover

I tried a few different sets for this, and was initially going for heavy duty boots. I decided that eject button would be better though, since one it offers a free switch which is helpful getting in the mon that aren't part of the regen core. The more important part of eject button is that it allows it to easily get rid of its own item, which lets it switch into kingambit in the late game and spam haze to make sure that it has to kill it without getting +2.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Hidden Power: Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 196 SpD / 60 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

heatran here is very useful for a lot of stuff, but especially just it forces progress on almost everything. The fact that the set has very few true switch ins means that can pretty effectively force damage on the steel types that can withstand hits from kyurem and eventually let it clean up in the late game

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Fake Out
- Frustration

lopunny is here to do a lopunny things. It offers solid speed control without having to be locked in for a scarf user, and can also clean up weakened teams in the late game

Great Tusk @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Headlong Rush
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Spinner

Tusk here could probably be argued to swap for landorus, but like its better ability to switch into lopunny, as well as ice spinner being very useful for forcing damage on stuff that can otherwise switch in to landorus. It also acts as the primary check to kingambit, not needing its health to be preserved quite as much as lop to let it do that, especially with the passive healing of leftovers. Ice spinner also helps it slow down electric terrain teams and unburden sweepers by limiting the turns to utilize terrain.

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Defog
- Knock Off

Torn here is a pretty reliable defogger, able to weaken gholdengo reliably with knock off. It's a good long term switch in to great tusk, as well as using regenerator to pivot on a ton of mons that rely on passive damage. It can help deal with most mega lop sets, can beat sneasler if it doesn't tera or get lucky with dire claw, and either beat or pivot on most zam sets.
Team J
:ss/Kyurem: :ss/Scizor-mega: :ss/volcarona: :sv/Enamorus: :sv/ting-lu: :ss/garganacl:

Chop Suey! - System of a Down
Kyurem + Mega Scizor Balance
———————————————
Overview
This is a team that’s pretty easy to play, and pretty hard to put down. It incorporates one of my favorite cores (Kyurem + Mega Scizor) with hazard stacking, letting every offensive member in this team break far easier.
———————————————
Team Description
:kyurem: The star of the show. Kyurem is an incredibly threatening wallbreaker that can topple slower teams with its monstrous power and great STAB moves. Additionally, its Ice STAB threatens Flying-types like Tornadus-T that don’t care about Spikes, as well as hitting Great Tusks trying to spin away hazards.

:Scizor-mega: Mega Scizor is a key partner for Kyurem, as it provides a great blanket check to fellow Dragon-types, as well as forcing Mega Diancie out and generally being difficult to take down. It also gives Kyurem a free switch opportunity, making it that much more threatening.

:Volcarona: So far, the only things that can withstand the onslaught are Steel-types that don’t fear Earth Power. Well, Volcarona uses them as a setup opportunity. Additionally, Flame Body gives the team much more leeway against Fighting-types, as a burn is generally deadly for them. Finally, Volcarona greatly appreciates Kyurem removing Flying-types from the picture.

:enamorus: Enamorus provides a crucial Fighting resistance, while also benefitting greatly from the removal of Steel-types. Some Speed control is also great, as well. Superpower hits stuff for some damage, as this team doesn’t need any Healing Wish support.

:ting-Lu: Ting-Lu is incredibly bulky, letting it function as a great switch-in to things like Dragapult and Kingambit. It generally provides chip damage through Spikes, but also lures in Great Tusk to get taken advantage of by Kyurem.

:garganacl: Garganacl is the final piece of the defensive backbone, and glues everything together well. It provides a nice Fire resistance, while also throwing on even more chip damage with Salt Cure and Stealth Rock.
———————————————
And that’s all! If this team performs well, I may make it an RMT. Click the sprites for the importable. Cheers.
Team K
View attachment 530225View attachment 530226 View attachment 530230
View attachment 530227 View attachment 530228 View attachment 530231

Cycle 19: Featuring old school CeleTran and more recent Lopunny + Kyurem. The remaining slots go to phys def. Lando-T with helmet and ID Press Zamazenta-Hero who works well here as a good wincon/revenge killer.

Celebi @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder Wave
- Recover

Covert helps your mu verse garg, dengo, lele and thunder wave can hinder things that outspeed it to help Celebi and it’s teammates beat it. Shadow ball is for dengo, you won’t be switching in unless you tera but dengo is a practical switch-in to Celebi. Need to be weary of pursuit trappers like Gambit/Tar

Heatran @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 216 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Awkward Tran set with Taunt + Rocks but you can still effectively trap things like Clod and sometimes weakned Garg. Tera flying seems sub-optimal but Yard has started using air slash recently to combat tera grass. As well as the fighting resist is worth noting. The biggest thing is being weak to rocks, you’re going to have to try your best to deny rocks in order to secure Heatran’s longevity.

Zamazenta @ Leftovers
Ability: Dauntless Shield
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 Spe
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Crunch
- Iron Defense
- Substitute

Pretty standard ID Press set except slightly different spread. I opted for less speed but enough for mdiancie. Tera dark also to help combat tera ghost garg and to 1v1 defensive dengo.

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Toxic

Already know I’m going to get backlash for this Lopunny set, let alone using Celebi but I chose toxic to catch Zap or Lando. Obviously Ice coverage exist but rather than risking para, miss or worse (tera)! I chose to run toxic on this team since it helps Celebi and Lando to punish Zap from coming in.

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power

If I played with this team more, I’d probably make this thing scarf but specs has been very nice at creating opportunities. Specs Kyurem still doesn’t have many switch-ins. Since this is specs, I figured defensive tera made more sense to live hits from Mdiancie or even just avoiding toxic/toxic spikes from glim. Specs Kyurem being able to resist fighting and click something for free is just really scary if you’re on the receiving end of that hit.

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Defog

Running max defense Lando. Not much explanation needed but you really don’t want too many hazards to go up since this team is pretty weak to hazards. Speed for timid zone and base max base 50s. While rare to come across either, only 8 evs is fine, you outspeed defensive tusk and toxic puts it on a time for Lopunny. Tera water to improve the rain mu but the ice resist is just really handy for offensive tusk or random ice covg. Not your typical tera candidate on this team though.

The main idea of this team is to get Kyurem in and start breaking shit. This team is loaded with pivots, like Celebi, Lop, Lando, Tran so if you play it right you’ll have plenty of opportunities to click buttons with Kyurem.
Voting ends Friday 10:00 PM GMT+2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)