NBA discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
I'm surprised that there isn't one yet. Training camps open next week. All I can say is that the west keeps getting crazier and crazier each year, and this year is no exception. Also, the Celtics in the east are still a major threat.

• Wow
Reactions: IBM
I'll say this:

Miami has some MAJOR cleaning up to do, but that won't be a problem with Michael Beasley.

And the Chicago Bulls won't be so Mediocre like they were last year. I doubt Derrick Rose will get them to The Finals, but the playoffs, I'm certain.

The Knicks won't be a joke anymore, The Cavaliers will be a surprise, The Celtics will be as godly as they were last season, And the Hornets will have a remarkable season.

• Angry
It's LA's year. Lakers on to win it all. The Clips are back in business with the moves they made.

The Lakers are contemplating to play Odom off the bench for Ariza. Imagine how much power our team has to place Odom on the bench. It works for Ginobili and the Spurs.

• Sad
There already is one scoefield; in the future, you might want to use the search function!

omni, I do not see how that demonstrates any extra power. For instance, Ginobili has pretty much always (I mean injuries, et cetera interfere) been in San Antonio's top three. Last year he was either their #1 or #2 (depending on how you want to get into semantics!).

INDEPENDENCE, Ohio -- Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert says the speculation that LeBron James will leave Cleveland in two years is out of line and "an insult to the city." <---people take matters way, way too seriously haha

• Love
Ginobili actually does better coming off the bench than starting, correct?
That's part of the reason why he doesn't start; not just because SA has a strong bench.

Regarding the Knicks, I'd like to see what D'antoni can do with the team. It's going to be real interesting to see the style of gameplay he can implement. I'm hoping that they don't fall flat on their face since it has happened so many fucking times since Isiah made his "changes."

• Wow
Unless Chicago does something about their cluttered backcourt, which includes Hinrich, Gordon, Hughes, Sefolosha and Rose, I don't see them going anywhere.

Really looking forward to how the Rockets perform. I'm rooting for them this year. Let us hope that injuries stay at a minimum and Artest behaves (sigh...).

I also like the Bucks and the Sixers in the East. Detroit will probably be the same as always. Boston will miss Posey.

Also rooting for Portland to do well!

Scofield

is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
I did use the search function, looked up "NBA" and "basketball" and no results were returned =/

• Sad
Ginobili actually does better coming off the bench than starting, correct?
That's part of the reason why he doesn't start; not just because SA has a strong bench.
Somewhat my point, except the Lakers have the better bench, i.e. Farmar/Vujacic/Walton/Powell/COBY. Spurs? Decent ones like Stoudamire and Bonner, but they are getting much older. The chemistry might not hurt considering they have to get accustomed to having Gasol AND Bynum in the starting lineup anyway. Lamar's been the third option behind Gasol and Kobe last year, and is now their fourth option behind Gasol, Bynum, and Kobe for goodness sake.

Jackson can certainly find some logic by putting Ariza in at the 3. That way, they can match up with those teams that have young and tall 4 and 5 spots (ie Jazz with Okur/Booze, Hornets with Chandler/West, and Blazers, yes BLAZERS, with a threatening combo of Aldridge and Oden) and STILL have the speed, defense and athleticism in Ariza, a much better defensive player than Lamar AND a million times better than Luke Walton will ever be.

It's worth a shot. Who knows, Lamar might play better off the bench and pull the sixth man award away from Manu or Ben Gordon. Who knows?

Anyone up for Fantasy NBA?

I want to try playing with you guys, but I don't think you people trust me enough to be commish of a fantasy league so I'll let someone else take the responsibility of doing that.

If you guys do make a league, just send me an invite.

I'm excited for how the Rockets will do this year. The Artest deal is kind of iffy due to his attitude problems, but if he really is a changed man like he says he is, then he'll be a big boost for the Rockets. Provided T-Mac and Yao both stay healthy...

• Angry
Hornets lose to Cavs in the finals.
I doubt the Cavs, maybe the Pistons.

The reason why I'm not saying the Celtics is because now their defense is half as good as it was last season, they lost Posey and may very well lose Sam Cassell. And if things do go right for them, I think they'll lose to the Pistons because the Pistons have a monster offense.

SO I'd say this:

Finals
Hornets 3, Pistons 4

• Wow
i create a fantasy nba league every year for smogon and it looks like we may need some new people this year. im going to make one as soon as its possible. look for the thread sometime soon.

• Wow

Scofield

Sam Cassell didn't really contribute that much to that Celtics team at all. Losing Posey hurts, especially since he was the intangibles guy, but thy could still win it all without him, if KG/Ray/Pierce are as focused as they were last season.

• Sad

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Posey was a major part of the Celtics defense last year. Without him, I don't see them going to the finals.

I'll go with Lakers, Hornets, and Spurs at the top of the league.

• Angry
lol posey was the guy who allowed pierce to go into 'i'm better than kobe. i guarded him in the final minutes, i'm the best i got it done.' yeah, right...i bet it was a great effort by him when james posey guarded him the first 46 minutes...

• Haha

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
i create a fantasy nba league every year for smogon and it looks like we may need some new people this year. im going to make one as soon as its possible. look for the thread sometime soon.
yeah im up for some fantasy :).

and agreeing with MoP saying that Posey was THE key to the Celts shutting down Kobe to the extent that they did.

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)