Other Metagames NDM Steel BO (peaked #160)

Proof of peak:
1671906435582.png

:sv/iron-treads:
Iron Treads @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
Dedicated lead for the team. It sets Rocks then rips as big of a hole as it can in the opposing team. 252 speed evs make it deceptively fast, capable of outspeeding most other leads.

:sv/kingambit:
Kingambit @ Choice Band
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Kowtow Cleave
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Psycho Cut
One of the two mons on the team that is mainly played towards the end of the game or as a panic button if things go downhill. If it is the last mon left, sucker punch can 1-2 hit ko even resisted mons. Struggles against opposing priority users and bulky Fighting types.

:sv/gholdengo:
Gholdengo @ Assault Vest
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
Really strong special wallbreaker. AV lets it beat other special attackers and be able to actually switch in on a few things. Can go in after Treads to make sure Rocks stay up.

:ss/corviknight:
Corviknight @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Brave Bird
The only method of hazard removal on the team. Bulk Up/Iron Defense is always really attractive to become an unbreakable physical wall that also can sweep. I struggle with being too greedy with too many Iron Defenses.

:sm/scizor-mega:
Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Bug
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Dual Wingbeat
- U-turn
Bulky physical attacker that is excellent at revenge killing and can serve as a pivot in a pinch. It used to have Swords Dance but I never used it so I gave it some Bug STAB. Alternatively can be used to bait in Fire moves to swap into Heatran

:ss/heatran:
Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Eruption
- Flash Cannon
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
Pretty much the same set as the Heatran on my Gen 8 DOU team. Scarf Eruption can completely destroy unprepared teams. Fire Blast makes it able to be used multiple times.

WILL UPDATE WITH THREATS LATER
Threats:
:ss/volcarona: Very scary due to the fact that if it Quiver Dances it can sweep the entire team. The best way to kill it is to fish for a Quiver Dance with Scizor, which can get a suprise KO with Dual Wingbeat
:sv/chi-yu: Kills the whole team. If Heatran isnt at full you just lose
:ss/pelipper: Rain is annoying because my main methods of speed control, Heatran and Bullet Punch, don’t work against Water type Swift Swimmers

Last edited:
Hi gamer I will try and give you some tips to improve this team altho NDM has had huge changes and still has regularly bans and many mons on the watchlist. I haven't played NDM at all in gen 9 but i think there are surely some improvements that we can make.

Major changes:
:mega-mawile: > :mega-scizor: Mega Maw is really strong and overall can help breaking some fat cores with its huge Attack whereas Scizor is surely really strong but I would only use it on Ghost-less teams with probably like a 3rd neutral mon to it altho with both Gholdengo and Aegislash it's really hard to renounce to the Fighting immunity now. We can just run SD + Sucker and Stab + Koff which can help breaking fat cores as I said and Sucker is really nice to hits foes such as Flutter Mane.

Code:
Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
:Ferrothorn: > :iron-treads: Treads is surely cool but we could try double hazards Thorn to abuse Gholdengo. Overall, Thorn also offers a great Water resistance which is always helpful for mons such as Fini while also helping Corvi with the Ground matchup.
Code:
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off / Spikes
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
Minor changes:

:corviknight: Why is this corvi Roost-less? Just put Roost along with Defog and U-turn + BP or Bu + BB. Not even sure that you 100% need Defog if you run Spikes but it can always help in some Matchups so we put it.

:gholdengo: I don't see a reason to use AV here, Scarf just works well. You compress roles by having Speed control and a Fighting immunity + A special attacker and removal deterrant as well. You could keep the same moves or replace Psyshock with Trick altho Psyshock is helpful vs Fighting and Clodsire.

:Heatran: We can then make Heatran a normal Special Wall as it helps our defensive backbone. Standard moves and standard set, but it does well and can help against Special setup sweepers or special breakers such as Chi-Yu.

Code:
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Taunt
:kingambit:
There is no need to use Band here, you can just go for Swords Dance as you can basically setup in front of anything at least once. Then just go for stabs + Sucker. Defiant might also be cool if you run Spikes + Sr but Supreme Overlord is surely fine.

The team with my suggestion would look like this:
https://pokepast.es/f444755ac499f41c

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions, good luck on the ladder :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)