SM OU Need help with my OU team

Hi guys, I've been into competitive for a while, when XY were released, but I can't seem to build a formidable team in SM OU. This doesn't lose a lot, but really struggles against the main threats in the meta. So here goes. Hopefully you guys can help me out.

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack
- Swords Dance

My main physical sweeper. This pokemon has so much power, but like a lot of my team has a big weakness to stealth rocks. Able to 2HKO a lot of pokemon in the meta, but a struggle to set him up. Been using him more as a revenge killer than anything else really because setting him up is proving difficult, and i'm relying on predictions. Close combat to help deal with Heatran mainly, and with a swords dance up, hits like a truck against anything that doesn't resist it.

Volcarona Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz
- Fiery Dance

My special sweeper. Volcarona is a massive threat in OU, but again has a huge weakness to rocks. Giga drain is there to cover Ash-greninja, and in testing a lot of people don't seem to expect it and stay in against it. I chose fiery dance over fire blast, for the accuracy. However I'm thinking it may be worth running a firium-Z, Fire blast set. Life orb damage works with Giga drain, allowing me to heal it back. Also Giga drain covers my rock weakness. Bug buzz is there for Stab. Theres so many pokemon that can check Volcarona before he sets up. Anything that outspeeds him really has the chance to do a fair bit of damage because hes not bulky enough to withstand much.

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Freeze Shock
- Fusion Bolt
- Flash Cannon

My wallbreaker, Kyurem-B. Has a good amount of coverage moves, flash cannon is on there just to kill off pesky fairy types, and cover my rock weakness. Icium-Z Freeze shock is 200BP, which is enough to OHKO a lot of pokemon that don't resist it. Fusion bolt mainly for bulky waters and flying types that threaten my team. I chose dragon claw over outrage because theres worse than being switched in on by a fairy type when locked into it. Main threats for this guy is dragon types that are quicker, as he's not as bulky as he looks.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom-Wash is here to pivot around to try and get my sweepers in to set up. He also can help deal with Lando-T with Hydro Pump. Double status moves to help again with setting up my sweepers, by either slowing the opponent down, or reducing the strength of opposing physical attackers. Pretty standard Rotom set.

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 21 HP
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Facade
- Sucker Punch

My trapper here is Dug. Has saved me so many times against Heatran. Which completely walls my Volcarona. He also helps deal with Tyranitar and other common rock types. Facade is their just on the off chance that someone tries to Status me. Sucker punch to revenge kill and Reversal to get off a good amount of damage in conjuction with the focus sash.

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Defog

The last guy on my team. Latias. I'm running a bulkier set, as I need longevity as a lot of my team is frail. Plus I may need to bring him in a couple of times to get rid of entry hazards, namely Stealth rocks. The choice scarf has been working well, being able to outspeed opposing Latias/Latios, and fast dragon types that threaten Kyurem. I have Psyshock here for STAB, surf to deal with heatran and rock types, and ice beam to deal with Landorus-T and other dragon types.

So that's the team. I'm open to any suggestions, and the idea of swapping a few members of the team. Hopefully you guys can help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)