SM OU New OU team around level 1400

Status
Not open for further replies.

Introduction

I made a new team to focus around using Jirachi, I focused on covering her weaknesses, after my previous teams were lost with the death of my old laptop, I could just do with some fine tuninig suggestions.

Teambuilding Process

Okay so this is the pokemon I wanted to build a team around, I've tried hundreds of different formations, then recently tried him as the smogon first suggested set and I've really enjoyed it. Jirachi, is my lead normally, one of two special walls and wish pasher for the team. I have also had her sweep occasionally lol. She's particularly good to switch into the pink blobs, clefable and chansey

The second special wall and primary physical wall, and the defogger, I also use the aura as a substitute for having a full cleric running heal bell

I wanted him as a scar user to reliably outspeed fast mega's particularly Mega Buneary and mega Alakazam. Also earth type to absorb electric types. :)

Second special wall on the team, gave him fire punch to help with ferrothorn, skarmort and Tangrowth that want to switch in, otherwise he is just extremely strong from what I've found, especially stacking a wish passer onto his special bulk

The only true sweeper on the team and first special attacker, ice beam and thunderbolt give amazing coverage, the Z-move is to nab an easy to kill for the SP ATK boost, once you've got the speed boost up, he's also helpfully bulky.

Needed a mega, needed more special attackers, was struggling with rain teams, was struggling with grass types and water earth types (gastrodon literally sits in on the entire rest of the team)

The Team

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 196 SpD / 64 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Wish
- U-turn

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Defog
- Taunt

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Nature
- Stone Edge
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Crunch

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Jolly Nature
- Fire Punch
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Earthquake

Magearna @ Steelium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Shift Gear
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Solar Beam
- Dragon Pulse

Conclusion

So I built this team because my computer broke and I lost my previous two OU teams and I wanted to make use of Jirachi, I am annoyed by this tragic loss and was looking for fine tuning suggestions?

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 196 SpD / 64 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Wish
- U-turn

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Crunch

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Earthquake

Magearna @ Steelium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Shift Gear
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Solar Beam
- Dragon Pulse

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide in-depth descriptions that are at least 3-4 lines for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Reactions: DKM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)