Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stored Power
- Calm Mind
- Psycho Shift
- Recover

Basically, this team is based around Noble Phantasms from Fate/Grand Order, but it's not just that.

Latias has a set I've been using a lot in both OU and AG. Calm Mind allows her to tank 2 Psychics from Tapu Lele with max investment in Psychic Terrain (the first one deals 56%), while Recover lets her recover HP to continue setting up. Will O' Wisp allows Latias to cripple many physical attackers, like Kartana, Mega Scizor and others, with her maximum DEF investment letting her tank attacks from physical attackers before she can set up Will O' Wisp, with a Smart Strike from Kartana dealing less than half her HP (I can't remember the exact value, but it was an unboosted Kartana without the Burn). Max HP investment gives Latias maximum bulk. Stored Power lets Latias take advantage of foes she sets up on with Calm Mind. Setting up to +6 grants Latias over 1k Sp. Atk, and combined with a 250+ BP Stored Power can kill most foes that aren't 4x resistant or aren't Dark-types. While this set falls apart against Dark-types, against other foes Latias shines as a setup wall.

Zapdos is the standard Zapdos set with Volt Switch instead of Discharge. I needed a decent pivot and Defog user that could also remove Ferrothorn from the equation, and Zapdos filled that slot well. Both seem to work equally as well for me, with Discharge paralyzing faster threats like Mega Gyarados and Mega Lopunny and Volt Switch allowing Zapdos to act as a pivot for Pokemon like Mega Medicham and Keldeo, who appreciate not taking hits before swapping in. Heat Wave removes Ferrothorn from the equation, killing a major entry hazard setter that would hinder the effectiveness of Latias and Magearna. Defog removes said entry hazards, while also taking out any Sticky Webs or screens put up to hinder anyone on the team. Roost bolsters Zapdos's longevity to let him pester more foes. 20 Speed EVs makes him outpace Timid Magnezone and Adamant Bisharp, although the latter isn't seen much in OU anymore.

Magearna is a set that I created in my AG days and functions as an anti-stat sweeper 252 Special Attack EVS and a Modest Nature maximizes Magearna's sweep potential, while her HP and Speed EVs make her break 200 Speed, allowing her to get 300 Speed with a +1 and 400 at +2, potentially making her a quicker sweeper later on if she somehow picks up boosts from a Volcarona, while also making Magearna retain most of its original bulk. Heart Swap allows Magearna to steal stat boosts off of setup sweepers like Keldeo and Volcarona while also letting her hinder special sweepers by passing a -2 Sp. Atk debuff onto another foe. Fleur Cannon is Magearna's strongest STAB move, which devastates Fighting, Dark and Dragon types, while also setting her up to pass a debuff to other foes. BoltBeam severely increases Magearna's coverage, making her hit foes like Zygarde, Mega Charizard Y, Garchomp, Hawlucha, Tapu Bulu and more. Flash Cannon could be used instead of either to hit Tapu Bulu and Tapu Lele if needed.

Breloom is partly a filler Pokemon as I had no other ideas for the nickname "Blasted Tree" for Frankenstein's NP. However, Spore is a great utility that can shut down foes that set up, while Technician-boosted Mach Punch and Bullet Seed annihilate Quagsire, Gastrodon, Rotom-Wash, Kartana, and Greninja. Spore's sleep lets Breloom set up Swords Dance to continue to sweep and annihilate the enemy team. However, its horrid bulk and severe reliance on luck has made me consider swapping it out.

Keldeo is my Z-Move user, sporting the standard Waterium Z set. It's worked well SO FAR, with the setup murdering Heatran and also partly walling Volcarona. Rarer enemies like Mega Aggron fall to Secret Sword, while a Hydro Pump boosted Hydro Vortex breaks down most foes in Keldeo's path that otherwise would have tanked either of Keldeo's moves. Taunt lets Keldeo win Calm Mind wars with other Keldeo and Tapu Lele. Calm Mind heightens Keldeo's power even further (although by now that's a little obvious).

Enuma Elish...the ULTIMATE Noble Phantasm...so yeah, Mega Medicham is probably the only Pokemon that would fit the name. Fake Out allows Medicham to revenge-kill weakened foes like Mega Lopunny and other foes like Breloom. Ice Punch breaks down Zygarde, Gliscor, Garchomp and Dragonite with a 4x effective hit. High Jump Kick kills Steel-types and other, less-common Pokemon like Forretress. Zen Headbutt can target foes like Gengar which High Jump Kick misses against. This is mostly the standard set, though.

I always try to fit weavile or even better tytar in a medicham team... Freaking guys like blacephalon, gengar, mimikyu or other ghosts, may make medicham wants not to jump

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)