np: SM UU Stage 10 - Diamonds and Pearls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaajgko

I will disband the soccer club
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I´m not really sure about how I feel about Sableye yet but I would like to answer to a few things I´ve read in this thread.

- Sableye on Stall teams

So I´ve seen a lot of people saying that Sableye stall wasn´t that great because you have to say goodbye to Aggron, Alty and Aero and in exchange you have a mon that only helps stall teams by being a psychic immunity and being immuned to z-fight from Terrak, and that is true but I would also like to note that Gligar is kind of the same, like what does it check that´s not already checked by Alomomola Quagsire Blissey ? So the question is how to build a Sableye stall team that doesn´t lose to Nape Luke Suicune ? The answer is : Mantine. Mantine can switch on annoying hazard setters like Nidoking while also providing great defensive utility and make thus a great replacement to Alty. You can kinda take a team with Alty Gligar and turn it into Mantine Sableye. For exemple you can run Blissey / Alom / Sab / Mantine / Quagsire / Diancie and there you have a very solid team. So what does Sableye provide ? What makes it worth using it over Alty ? Well it´s generally a very annoying mon for offensive builds to face because not many mons can afford to switch into a mon with Knock Off + Will-O-Wisp so it will greatly punish offense for letting it in and thus reducing the chances offense has to setup a game plan. It also reduces the strategies around hazards, namely Spike-stacking HOs, bulky Chesnaught / curse Steelix builds, offensive builds with a SR setter that´s not walled by common defoggers like Nidoking or Kommo-O (press f) and reduces the need of heal bell / aromatherapy which helps against teams that would like to use toxic spam as a strategy to beat stall.

- Sableye on other builds

Unlike on stall teams, Sableye can provide appreciated defensive utility on bulky offense and you can pretty much run the ev spread you want depending on your needs and can that way fit well on these builds. The physically defensive set can switch on Aero, Cobalion, Krook, Bisharp while the specially defensive one can switch on Bolt Beam Tias, Scarf Hydra, Gengar and Nidoking while generally helping in both cases switching into bulky mons with toxic which is otherwise pretty annoying to deal with. It can also run a CM set and like I explained before is generally a pain to switch into for the opponent. I can see it being a good partner for Togekiss Moltres and Kyurem.

- Is it broken ?
Well I think we need a 2 week suspect + a suspect tour to determine that, I think it´s the kind of mon that needs to be played rather than to be theorized. It definitely has broken elements which were stated before but also has some flaws like not being that easy to build around.

So I´ve seen a lot of people saying that Sableye stall wasn´t that great because you have to say goodbye to Aggron, Alty and Aero and in exchange you have a mon that only helps stall teams by being a psychic immunity and being immuned to z-fight from Terrak, and that is true but I would also like to note that Gligar is kind of the same, like what does it check that´s not already checked by Alomomola Quagsire Blissey ?
The problem with this is that Gligar doesn't take your valued Mega Slot. Sableye doesn't really bring much as a mega, utility wise, compared to something like Altaria, which can check scary stallbreakers like Crawdaunt, or Aggron, which can set rocks and check DDance Refresh Altaria. These other megas just offer so much more compared to Sableye, there's basically no point in using Sab when these other megas exist.

What is the likelihood of there being a Regenerator suspect test? I am guessing close to 0% but I think its a major problem for UU and would like it banned or looked at.
As annoying as regenerator is, It isnt as nearly as problematic as something like Shadow Tag was. Banning Regenerator would kinda be pointless as well, as what it would do would be more problematic then when the ability was allowed in the tier. Banning it would also only cripple fat teams and invalidate common non-broken team staples such as Amoongus, Alomomola, Slowbro, etc. Overall, Regenerator isn't too overbearing, and I don't see it becoming so, therefore, I do not believe it warrants a suspect test, let alone a ban.

Keep in mind, that's my opinion, so w/e the council does is up to them in the end.

Edit: thanks Coconut for pointing that out. Updated post at the cost of my pride :psysad:

Last edited:
We will follow up with a full public suspect test to determine if it should be unbanned in the future, to be scheduled shortly after the conclusion of the laddering stage of the UU Ladder Tour.
Chief said it right there :)

What is the likelihood of there being a Regenerator suspect test? I am guessing close to 0% but I think its a major problem for UU and would like it banned or looked at.
Tbh I don't think UU is rlly going to suspect anything right now, as most people probably feel like the meta is relatively stable atm, and messing w a relatively stable tier that's close to the end of the gen is kinda risky. Though if I'd like a suspect on anything, it would be Mega Alt, or even Scizor/Latias. But hey, it's probably a bit too late for such controversial suspect tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)