NU Analyses Discussion Thread

Simisage: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/simisage-qc-0-3.3515801/

Currently has three sets: Mixed Scarf, Nasty Plot, and Choice Band. I posted my thoughts in the thread, but to recap, I think both Scarf and Band should be cut altogether, while Nasty Plot should go into OO. I explain my reasoning for wanting NP in OO in the thread, but basically, it's too frail to set up and Lilligant is better. The set I'd like to see is:

name: Mixed Attacker
move 1: Leaf Storm
move 2: Knock Off
move 3: Focus Blast / Superpower
move 4: Giga Drain
ability: Overgrow
item: Life Orb
evs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
nature: Naive

Thoughts?

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hollywood I think Gunk Shot deserves to be mentionned somewhere with that set since it can deal with Togetic (I have seen so much people talk about it, if it actually doesn't learn it..)

Hollywood I think Gunk Shot deserves to be mentionned somewhere with that set since it can deal with Togetic (I have seen so much people talk about it, if it actually doesn't learn it..)
Moves mention sounds good for it. I think I'd be fine just smacking Togetic with Knock Off for the most part. Maybe slash it somewhere (I really don't know where to put it, after Giga Drain?) for Togetic and dealing solid damage to offensive Vileplume, which seems to be more popular lately in my experience.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Alright, so I don't know if this is necessary but I'm suggesting a small update to the Tauros analysis. The usage tips are extremely skimpy, and I think there should be more added.

"Bring in Tauros to revenge kill a foe, or into a slow Pokémon to force a switch. Refrain from using Rock Climb if another more accurate move can get the KO."
What does this really tell the reader of the analysis? There should be more detail explaining things such as how it should be kept away from status, how it cannot switch into many attacks unlike other Normal-types such as Kangaskhan, to utilize prediction when using it's coverage moves, etc.

I have not used Tauros much in XY NU, but I think that the usage tips (and maybe some other parts of it) are very sub par. I think someone who has good experience with it should make an update.

Also, because I don't have anything super exciting for my 1K post, here are some shoutouts (mainly putting this here because it's a sticked thread, sorry if this is clutter):

I've met a ton of people in the time I've been here, sorry if I missed anyone :P
Mysteria - You're a really cool person to talk with, and I really admire the exceptional work you do in c&c.
frenzyplant - While not the most outspoken user here, you have done an incredible job with all of your GP checks, I really appreciate all the help you've given on my analyses.
Water Drone - another good friend, nice chatting with you bud :]
Cacturne - sup :]
Alfalfa - really helpful member of the community :)
TheCanadianWifier - I really missed you over your little "hiatus" from pokemon (and other stuff too), but its great to have you back :D
Soulblaster - rip
TheEnder - great team rater, nice talking to you :]
Ranger Mike - cool do0d
Montsegur - nice person to chat with, thanks for all the help with my analysis work :P

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
What are peoples thoughts on offensive SR Seismitoad getting its own set, as opposed to just a strong OO mention?
I find it to be a much better check to Feraligatr by running Grass Knot, and is much less passive than the defensive set. Hollywood made good use of it in his team submission to the latest teambuilding competition.

Togie said he might have to drop Togetic. If he does drop it, can I take it over?

EDIT: Whoops, wrong thread. I already got the go-ahead though.

Last edited:

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Ok I know I am kinda late to do that, but I think Pangoro needs a Swords Dance set.

Something like:

Never Say No (Pangoro) @ Fist Plate / Lum Berry
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Crunch
- Swords Dance
- Taunt / Poison Jab

Earthquake in Moves or maybe a slash along Taunt and Poison Jab.

Swords Dance is great because it allows Pangoro to break stuff or even beat Stall by itself (if you need me to talk about it more I will). At the moment only mention Swords Dance has is:

Other Options
#######

A set utilizing Swords Dance can be devastating under Trick Room, Trick Room does not last for long and Pangoro has trouble setting up.
Sorry unfixable and Raseri :(, idk how I just forgot about Swords Dance when I gave it a check. Checks & Counters and Overview will probably need a little revamp, but I think we can do that via SCMS. As for the set It's quite straightforward and hopefully shouldn't be too hard to do if we decide to put this one on site.

Ok I know I am kinda late to do that, but I think Pangoro needs a Swords Dance set.

Something like:

Never Say No (Pangoro) @ Fist Plate / Lum Berry
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Crunch
- Swords Dance
- Taunt / Poison Jab

Earthquake in Moves or maybe a slash along Taunt and Poison Jab.

Swords Dance is great because it allows Pangoro to break stuff or even beat Stall by itself (if you need me to talk about it more I will). At the moment only mention Swords Dance has is:

Sorry unfixable and Raseri :(, idk how I just forgot about Swords Dance when I gave it a check. Checks & Counters and Overview will probably need a little revamp, but I think we can do that via SCMS. As for the set It's quite straightforward and hopefully shouldn't be too hard to do if we decide to put this one on site.
Karane contacted me earlier today about a SD set, so it will be done like any set submission

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
hello I have a few things to bring up:

Eggy probably needs a revamp. LumRest shouldn't be first, and Specs should have LO and probably Timid slashed. Also I personally really don't like SubSeed but that might just be me :/ Even LumRest is kinda meh but I don't mind that staying as much

Qwilfish's lead set should be before defensive imo, Garbodor is honestly better for bulky Spiking in at least like 95% of scenarios unless you really really need Taunt lol

I'd also like some opinions on SD Sneasel vs LO Sneasel, I like the former better on most occasions but I don't really mind either way.

Also Gatr should run 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe > the current listed spread but that can be fixed by SCMS

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
hello I have a few things to bring up:

Eggy probably needs a revamp. LumRest shouldn't be first, and Specs should have LO and probably Timid slashed. Also I personally really don't like SubSeed but that might just be me :/ Even LumRest is kinda meh but I don't mind that staying as much

Qwilfish's lead set should be before defensive imo, Garbodor is honestly better for bulky Spiking in at least like 95% of scenarios unless you really really need Taunt lol

I'd also like some opinions on SD Sneasel vs LO Sneasel, I like the former better on most occasions but I don't really mind either way.

Also Gatr should run 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe > the current listed spread but that can be fixed by SCMS
I'd be willing to do the Eggy revamp, and I totally agree with it. However, I remember iTeddeh saying that he wanted to contribute somehow, so that may be a good opportunity for that. I think that changes with set orders arent super necessary because the dext atm has all sets listed alphabetically, so defensive qwilfish will be before lead anyways until that gets fixed.
Again, same with sneasel but I think both SD and LO have very good merits and I dont think that the sets should be reordered.
I'll do the gatr EV spread change over SCMS as well as long as nobody objects.

There is supposed to be no item, as the set uses Acrobatics, which is needed coverage on Sceptile as it hits some would be checks (Vileplume for example), and the only way to use Acrobatics viably in Gen 6 is with no item. (Because no Flying Gem)

Gourghost

Banned deucer.
There is supposed to be no item, as the set uses Acrobatics, which is needed coverage on Sceptile as it hits some would be checks (Vileplume for example), and the only way to use Acrobatics viably in Gen 6 is with no item. (Because no Flying Gem)
Yes, I found out after, my apologies for being stupid.

Hello. Today, I was looking at Delcatty's XY Strategies and there were not any strategies for it. So I wanted to see if we could make one. With it having the ability Normalize, it's hidden ability I believe, it has the ability to make any move it knows the Normal Type. My friend told me about the ability and how it could make Thunder Wave work on Ground Types. I also thought about this and wondered if you could use this to make Toxic work on Steel Types. I apologize if I'm putting this in the wrong area, this is my first post ever.

So here is my idea for a set:

No Boundaries Delcatty @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Normalize
EVs: 252 HP / 166 Def / 86 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Toxic / Thunder Wave
- Work up
- Double-Edge / Giga Impact / Headbutt

I know it's probably not perfect, but it's my first customized set...

Also, Double-Edge / Giga Impact for risk/reward.
And you can have Toxic and Thunder Wave IF you prefer to have different setups.

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hello. Today, I was looking at Delcatty's XY Strategies and there were not any strategies for it. So I wanted to see if we could make one. With it having the ability Normalize, it's hidden ability I believe, it has the ability to make any move it knows the Normal Type. My friend told me about the ability and how it could make Thunder Wave work on Ground Types. I also thought about this and wondered if you could use this to make Toxic work on Steel Types. I apologize if I'm putting this in the wrong area, this is my first post ever.

So here is my idea for a set:

No Boundaries Delcatty @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Normalize
EVs: 252 HP / 166 Def / 86 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Toxic / Thunder Wave
- Work up
- Double-Edge / Giga Impact / Headbutt

I know it's probably not perfect, but it's my first customized set...

Also, Double-Edge / Giga Impact for risk/reward.
And you can have Toxic and Thunder Wave IF you prefer to have different setups.
That set isn't good enough for Delcatty to get an analysis right now. It'll eventually get one, but at the moment we're focusing more on things relevant to the metagame.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
So, I was browsing through the Sneasel page on the dex and there was something I thought should be added. In the moves section, it says that Low Kick is only for Steel-types such as Steelix and Probopass, while I feel the most important target for Low Kick is Thick Fat Hariyama, which is generally an incredibly easy switch into sneasel. After one SD and some prior damage, Sneasel can finish off Hariyama with a full powered low kick, which can be very helpful to lure it in for teammates such as Typhlosion. Can someone edit this in with SCMS? I've tried to do SCMS edits before and I really didnt get the hang of it.

+2 252 Atk Sneasel Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hariyama: 318-375 (74.1 - 87.4%)

marilli

With you
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
We should do general runthroughs of SCMS editing anyways. Sneasel also needs Icicle Crash mentioned instead of Ice Punch, etc.

SD Low Kick Sneasel + Typhlosion is pretty good core tho

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So, I was browsing through the Sneasel page on the dex and there was something I thought should be added. In the moves section, it says that Low Kick is only for Steel-types such as Steelix and Probopass, while I feel the most important target for Low Kick is Thick Fat Hariyama, which is generally an incredibly easy switch into sneasel. After one SD and some prior damage, Sneasel can finish off Hariyama with a full powered low kick, which can be very helpful to lure it in for teammates such as Typhlosion. Can someone edit this in with SCMS? I've tried to do SCMS edits before and I really didnt get the hang of it.

+2 252 Atk Sneasel Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hariyama: 318-375 (74.1 - 87.4%)
Okay I did this, and it actually has a chance to KO as LO is the main item on the analyses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)