NU Teambuilding Lab [Kiyo'd]

Status
Not open for further replies.

etern

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a defending SCL Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
NU Leader
I have basically no experience with NU, and because Drampa probably is my favourite Sun/Moon pokemon I would really like to start getting into NU with a team using it!
Hi Newcomer1, Drampa is one of my favourites as well so I was happy to make a team with it, I decided to go with Specs because it's the easiest to use, but keep in mind that you can always change to 3 Attacks Roost with Roseli Berry (Lures Whimsicott, has more survivability, and you get to abuse Berserk) if you feel like it. I made a few versions of it, but this was the one I was most pleased with in the end.

Drampa @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 124 HP / 252 SpA / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt

Klinklang @ Steelium Z
Ability: Clear Body
Happiness: 0
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Frustration
- Magnet Rise

Whimsicott @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball
- Psychic
- Defog

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Scald
- Toxic

Emboar @ Expert Belt
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Sucker Punch

Haunter @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Dazzling Gleam
- Trick

Specs Drampa doesn't have any defensive switch-ins, with Draco doing insane damage to anything not Fairy, also gives you a soft check to Ghost-types, mainly Mismagius and the fat defensive ones. I went with a Dragon / Fairy / Steel core for the first half of the team since they work well together, Klinklang comes in on fairies and gives you a wincon, also works well with Drampa destroying Steelix and other Steel-types. Whimsicott gives you some speed, a Water / Grass / Electric / Fighting-type resist, hazard control, and it's one of if not the best mon in the tier. I went with Seismitoad next because Sneasel and Emboar were looking annoying, + Rocks and a good Water-type resist is always something you wanna have. EBelt Emboar + Drampa do extremely well versus Stall and balanced teams, and Emboar can help out Klinklang in checking Ice-types (as well as breaking down Type-Null). Scarf Haunter is in the last slot to give you a good revenge killer, secondary Fighting-type check, and importantly something that can beat a +6 Zangoose which would otherwise be annoying, though apart from Seismitoad Zangoose doesn't really get many good opportunities to set up, I went with Trick in the last slot just to mess with Type-Null a little more because why not, but feel free to run Energy Ball / Destiny Bond or whatever you feel like. Hope you enjoy the team, I had fun making it.

Incineroar @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flame Charge
- Bulk Up
- Power Trip

- ???

If at all possible, I'd like to have a team built around this. Probably would be some sort of BO + spikestack to help this thing the best.

Vikavolt @ Metronome
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball
- Agility

Hi I'd like to have a team build around Agility metronome Vikavolt. I feel like this set can be nice on (bulky) offense supported by spikes (or atleast rocks..). The moves are relatively self explenatory. What interest me the most is being able to agility up and reach a speed of 406 to outspeed a very large amount of the meta and just spam Tbolt to the point it just sweeps.
I have little experience in (u)sm NU hence I ask you guys to build this heat for me :toast:

Hi, i'd like to see a team built with Sword Dance Scyther:

Scyther @ Eviolite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Roost

This thing can be a decent late game cleaner with the help of Sword Dance+Eviolite, as well as a great check for Fighting and Grass moves. If the builder feels like Choice Scarf might be better for the team he/she's building i'm ok with that. I'd like the team to be some sort of bulky offense, but i wouldn't mind some kind of balance.

little uneasy.

Requested by GoldenTorkoal

yo GoldenTorkoal
whipped up a nice swords dance scyther bulky offence team for u, personally believe scyther is vastly underrated in the current metagame as of now, both scarf and sd. decided to pair sd scyther with type: null, as both bounce of each others weaknesses well and can pivot between each other thanks to U-turn. for example, mons that threaten scyther like delphox, vanilluxe, rotom, mowtom and vika etc, are all easy switch-ins for null if it's healthy. and likewise, scyther comes in on fighting-types like scrafty, hitmonlee, choice locked emboar into superpower, virizion, passimian which all threaten type: null greatly. type: null is also just a fantastic pivot rn, sponging a lot special hits and just pivoting out and gaining momentum for the team. next on the team is altaria, which is a very underappreciated and overlooked mon at this current time, decided to go with it as the designated defogger for the team as it is absolutely necessary with scyther being 4x weak to rocks. i went with altaria specifically as it synergised well with scyther + type: null, arguably being one of the best emboar checks in the tier which is amazing for scyther and null, as emboar can just click moves against those two and considerably deter them and being able to just come in on status for free, not caring about toxics thanks to natural cure. additionally, null and eviolite scyther are pretty free switch ins to the likes of whimsicott. for the rocker decided to go with seismitoad for a few reasons, reason 1 being that it checks a lot of the pokemon the team is currently weak to such as toxicroak, rhydon and embaor even with altaria. another reason being its checks like whimsicott, mowtom, vanilluxe, virizion, vivillon, scpetile and plume can be exploited by other team members. at this point, the team was pretty slow outside of scyther, so i added scarf delphox to the team. overall scarf delphox is just an amazing glue to a lot of teams currently and really easy to fit on teams. it also patches up a lot of issues and annoyances with the team, most notably vanilluxe, mowtom, and the list mentioned a few lines above talking of seismitoads checks. lastly, is whimsicott. whimsi supports the team in the sense of it being able to dent water-types, such as slowbro, seismitoad, jellicent, silvally-water, samu, vapo and slowking to a certain extent. reason being for this is that the teams way of dealing with these bulky waters is coming in with altaria and toxic stalling it or just chip away at null, which neither are exactly optimal per se. furthermore, it can provide extra hazard removal support for the team, which can come in clutch in altaria dies, allowing scyther and delphox not to get wore down quickly, making it a nice round off to the team.

hope you enjoy this !!

Last edited:
Heliolisk @ Choice Specs
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Surf

Venusaur Black Sludge
Ability: Overgrow
Evs: 252HP /200Def / 24 SpA /16 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Synthesis
- Knock Off
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain

Hello, taking advantage of the recent exchange of Tier I would like to ask a team around these two pokemons above if possible

Hello! New here to the forums, but been a user on Showdown for many years now, off and on. Still haven't been able to really nail down a team synergy with my Team Building, but hopefully giving this a shot will help out in the future!

With the recent release of the HA's for the Alolan starters, I've been really eager to try out a team with Intimidate Incineroar! While I haven't fully come up with a definitive set for one, perhaps starting with a Banded set, with an AV Slowking and go with that?

Incineroar @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Darkest Lariat
- Earthquake
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn

Slowking @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 16 Def / 116 SpA / 108 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Fire Blast
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Dragon Tail

Can't quite remember what the spread was for on Slowking, but as such, manipulate as needed to fix to the new tier shift :)

Hello! New here to the forums, but been a user on Showdown for many years now, off and on. Still haven't been able to really nail down a team synergy with my Team Building, but hopefully giving this a shot will help out in the future!

With the recent release of the HA's for the Alolan starters, I've been really eager to try out a team with Intimidate Incineroar! While I haven't fully come up with a definitive set for one, perhaps starting with a Banded set, with an AV Slowking and go with that?

Incineroar @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Darkest Lariat
- Earthquake
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn

Slowking @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 16 Def / 116 SpA / 108 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Fire Blast
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Dragon Tail

Can't quite remember what the spread was for on Slowking, but as such, manipulate as needed to fix to the new tier shift :)
Hello, Equivalate, I made that Incineroar team you requested. However, I made some minor changes to your sets that I will explain as best as I can in the description.

Incineroar @ Incinium Z
Adamant Nature
- Darkest Lariat
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch

Slowking @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 244 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Grass Knot
- Psychic
- Fire Blast

Silvally-Steel @ Steel Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Parting Shot
- Toxic
- Flamethrower
- Defog

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 232 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

Whimsicott @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball
- Psychic
- Encore / Knock Off

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch

Ok, so I started off Incineroar, as you requested, but made it SD Incinium Z because it breaks a lot better than Choice Band ever can. However, if you find it underwhelming you can always replace it with the set you suggested. I kept Slowking AV without the added bulk, since I feel that the best way to utilize it is fire off strong attacks along with its decent coverage. Psychic > Future Sight because it's more reliable and lets you actually hit Poisons/Fighters in front of you, while Grass Knot is there to lure and do decent damage to Slowbro.

From there, I found the core to be weak to Venusaur, Whimsicott and hazards so Silvally-Steel seemed like a natural fit. It's also another check to Vanilluxe. I originally continued with Palossand because I felt like I needed a reliably Fighting switchin, but ended up replacing it with Rhydon because the former is far too passive and gives too much momentum to the opponent that has Pokemon bulky enough to take its attacks. In addition, Rhydon helped vs BU Braviary which would cause quite a trouble to the current team. This change, however, left me weaker to Fighting types such as Medicham.

Toxic Slowbro seemed like a big threat right now and I wanted a bit of speed, so I chose Whimsicott next. While it's not the most reliable switchin, it forces Slowbro out and usually turns the momentum game in your favour. Encore is there to help mainly vs Klinklang, but Knock Off is an option as well - it helps with breaking Type: Null. I rounded the team off with Toxicroak, which is, in my opinion, the best sweeper in the tier and it helps with Null, Samurott and some Venusaur. I chose Bullet Punch since that gives me an another Sneasel / weakened Whimsicott check, but Sucker Punch is also an option over Bullet Punch to help vs Rotom and Mismagius mainly if you feel that priority over Sneasel and Whimsi is not that significant.

And that's the team! However, if you're not satisfied how it looks or performs, I compiled a list of possible changes for you to try out and choose:
- Physdef Toxic Colbur Berry Slowking over the current set because special attackers are largely already covered. Note: Slowbro is better using that specific set, however, Slowking was the Pokemon you specified in your request. The aim of this change is to reduce your weakness to Fighting-types.
- Putting something faster than Scarf Braviary that still hits Slowbro decently hard instead of Whimsi. Scarf Braviary can chip your main check in Rhydon throughout the game which can make it hard to stop in the late game. This change aims to prevent that to an extent as well as keep a faster Pokemon that can still hit Slowbro. Some examples include Scarf Scyther and Scarf Rotom which also have an added bonus of bringing Incineroar relatively safely in, but both have their own issues - being hazard weak or weak in general.

If you have any more questions regarding the team, feel free to hit me up on Pokemon Showdown and I will try to answer them to the best of my ability. Enjoy!

Éric

mons is mons
is a Pre-Contributor
3A47ED98-F57B-4A71-8798-EFE5404C5B59.png

Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flame Charge
- Power Trip
- Taunt

I really like this set, and I think it can be dangerous with good support, but I don’t know how to build teams. Can you build a team for this set? Ty

poh

<?>
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
View attachment 105727
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flame Charge
- Power Trip
- Taunt

I really like this set, and I think it can be dangerous with good support, but I don’t know how to build teams. Can you build a team for this set? Ty
While your set sounds fun to use it's a rather difficult set to pull off. I recommend using the set used in the team above your post!

ayedan

5 am in Toronto
Bibarel @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Simple
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack
- Return
- Liquidation
Hello there, I would like a team with bibarel. Yes, I know bibarel is unranked on vr and might be pretty bad but, its actually usable. I don't have a particular want for a team style but, I think momento whimi might work with it for an opportunity to set up. It ohkos medicham after sd +4 with quick attack. It's known as a bad mon but, i want to see it shine for once.
Also, the set was inspired by the set dump from spl.

Hello, LucarioAidan. I gave my shot at building you a team around Bibarel and it turned out pretty nicely, although it sometimes feels like you're playing with 5 mons since it has matchups it's terrible in while in other cases it's just to pressed to set up.

Bibarel @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Simple
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Liquidation

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Impish Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes

Whimsicott @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Energy Ball
- Psychic
- Memento

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Roost
- Heat Wave

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 220 HP / 252 Atk / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock

Incineroar @ Incinium Z
Adamant Nature
- Darkest Lariat
- Flare Blitz
- Drain Punch
- Swords Dance

When I started building with Bibarel, I immediately knew I want spikestack offense since priority users benefit from that greatly. Thus, the first Pokemon I added was Garbodor. It soaks up Grass and Fighting hits aimed at Bibarel and is my favorite spiker right now because it's so reliable at what it does. The speed EVs are for creeping Adamant SD Incineroar just to be able to hit it so it dies to Rocky Helmet + Aftermath. Watch out for EQ variants though.

To facilitate Bibarel sweeping, I added LO Memento Whimsicott, how you suggested in your request. It gives me some form of speed and a Dragon immunity which prevents Guzzlord from mindlessly clicking Draco. Xatu was next because I figured that Bibarel needs all the health it can get to set up more easily so preventing hazards seemed valuable. It also checks Medicham, which can really be an annoyance to the team. One interesting change you can make to Xatu is to remove 1 Speed IV from it so it always U-turns out last in Xatu mirror matches.

I chose Piloswine as next because it can really put in work on spikestack with it's nice priority in Ice Shard, as well as being able to defeat most of the other rockers. Cryogonal really seemed like a problem at this point which is why I opted to put Rock Tomb on Piloswine to beat it 1v1. In the last slot I originally put in Nasty Plot Toxicroak, which really gives you a cool factor but I found myself short on breaking which is where Incineroar comes in. The SD can barely be checked defensively and it really can bust fat cores that are big right now in NU. It also gave me a semi-reliable Delphox and Houndoom check.

Alternatively, in theory, you could swap out Piloswine + Incineroar and put Rhydon + Sneasel instead. This lets you keep a Fire resists and have some sort of speed control + trapping. I haven't tested it though since I like the team as it is now. I also tested with Aqua Jet > Liquidation and it improves the Rotom matchup so I feel it's up to youre preference. If you choose that option, I believe Rhydon + Sneasel could work well with it.

I hope you'll have fun using this team. If you have questions, feel free to hit me up on Pokemon Showdown. Also, big thanks to wertzu and Z+V who gave me valuable advice and suggestions when I was building and testing.

Enjoy!

Rapture

I got so much time today
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
updated the OP with the last two teams posted. Gonna start doing requests again since carcy has been nice enough to build teams for people. anyone tagged in the OP is welcome to help while i figure out a more permanent group.

Abejas

Yo where Ken at
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Hey TheWall I know that the team is posted a bit late but I decided to give agility vikavolt a try. It was a pretty fun experience and its a pretty fun mon to use. I decided to use a bit of a bulkier set with roost that has been working wonders so I hope you dont mind and enjoy it.

1522152253403.png
1522152269736.png
1522152284346.png
1522152304421.png
1522152325263.png
1522152347470.png

So the team started with agility vikavolt that is actually a huge threat after it gets an agility up like you just mentioned. I opted to use roost over energy ball because it lets vikavolt have more oppurtunities to set up while also being a soft check to a lot of offensive mons like sceptile/fighting types and also bulky mons like slowbro that can always be a pain to deal with. The first partner I decided to use is slowbro since the lack of energy ball makes you a bit susceptible to ground types like steelix and rhydon, its also a nice soft check to fire types and especially a nice check to incineroar. Next up I wanted a rocker that could guarantee rocks up, so I decided to run curse steelix since after 1 curse it can do massive damage to xatu and spinners that could try to remove or prevent hazards, steelix also gives the team a nice solid answer to braviary and normal types in general. The team really lacked a ice resist which is never fun and it was also sensitive to spike stacking so I decided to run cryogonal which provides spin and a solid ice resist while also being a nice check to slowbro. With these 4 mons I realized the team was rather slow so I opted to use some fast mons. Whimsicott is a rather fast mon that hits rather hard,has great stab moves in moonblast and energy ball/grass knot (which has close to no solid answers) and it can also provide an emergency defog if its ever needed. Finally I looked at the team and saw that the team was rather weak to incineroar and sneasel looked like a rather difficult mon to deal with so I wanted a nice solid offensive check to these mons and saw a hidden gem in combusken, mon that can easily check both while also be a nice set up sweeper. Since a great part of the team can deal with slowbro and weaken it a lot to the point where +2 thunder punch can easily KO it, I decided to use it.

Other Options

1522154050642.png
>
1522154024385.png
The team is rather weak to calm mind delphox and slowbro is the only check the team has so if you find delphox a real pain you can always run the same slowbro set but on slowking to give you more bulk against this mon.

1522154223473.png
Energy Ball
>
1522154228786.png
Grass Knot I perfer to run grass knot since it hits steelix harder but its not really needed in this team and you can live using energy ball.

Replays

Here is a solid replay against my buddy Realistic Waters who is a solid player but used stall ;[ it shows how the team works.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7nu-723681590

Vikavolt-Totem @ Buginium Z
EVs: 8 HP / 252 SpA / 248 Spe
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Agility

Slowbro @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Psychic
- Toxic

Steelix @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Curse
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Cryogonal @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Toxic
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Whimsicott @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Grass Knot
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Defog

Combusken @ Eviolite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Low Kick
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Punch

All in all agility vikavolt is pretty fun to use and it was a great experience learning how to use it and how to build around it. I hope you have fun with it and enjoy it.

Hey there, I would like a team built with an offensive Passimian. I’d prefer the team to be BO but whatever the team ends up I’m fine with(except Stall). Feel free to alter the set.

Passimian @ Choice Band / Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 72 HP / 180 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Close Combat
-U-turn
-Knock Off
-Earthquake

I’ve found that Passimian is heavily reliant on getting a Defiant boost or Spikes and Stealth Rock support in order to pick up KOs. If Golbat comes in to SR and attempts to Defog, the Defiant boost and SR damage is enough to kill it. I like 180 Spe EVs because it allows Passimian to outpace slower threats while allowing Passimian some bulk to live. Some threats Passimian can’t outpace no matter what means that it can sacrifice some speed for bulk. Something like Froslass would make a good spike setter, although again it is up to you. Some checks to Steelix and Delphox and Sneasel would be welcome. Thanks in advance!
252 Atk Life Orb Passimian Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 140+ Def Jellicent: 265-315 (65.5 - 77.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and 3 layers of Spikes

252 Atk Life Orb Passimian Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Emboar: 380-447 (105.2 - 123.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Reckless Emboar Flare Blitz vs. 72 HP / 0 Def Passimian: 247-292 (68.8 - 81.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Abejas

Yo where Ken at
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Hey there, I would like a team built with an offensive Passimian. I’d prefer the team to be BO but whatever the team ends up I’m fine with(except Stall). Feel free to alter the set.

Passimian @ Choice Band / Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 72 HP / 180 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Close Combat
-U-turn
-Knock Off
-Earthquake

I’ve found that Passimian is heavily reliant on getting a Defiant boost or Spikes and Stealth Rock support in order to pick up KOs. If Golbat comes in to SR and attempts to Defog, the Defiant boost and SR damage is enough to kill it. I like 180 Spe EVs because it allows Passimian to outpace slower threats while allowing Passimian some bulk to live. Some threats Passimian can’t outpace no matter what means that it can sacrifice some speed for bulk. Something like Froslass would make a good spike setter, although again it is up to you. Some checks to Steelix and Delphox and Sneasel would be welcome. Thanks in advance!
252 Atk Life Orb Passimian Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 140+ Def Jellicent: 265-315 (65.5 - 77.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and 3 layers of Spikes

252 Atk Life Orb Passimian Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Emboar: 380-447 (105.2 - 123.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Reckless Emboar Flare Blitz vs. 72 HP / 0 Def Passimian: 247-292 (68.8 - 81.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Just a heads up defiant isnt released yet and emboar is banned from the tier.

Hey I’m new to this meta but I think a Silvally-Steel+Aromatisse core could form an interesting backbone for a team. I don't know if cores are allowed because I've only seen single sets requested here, but the PU lab allows it, so why not here. These are the sets I would like to see on the team:

Aromatisse @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 Hp 4 Def 252 SpD
Calm Nature
-Wish
-Protect
-Aromatherapy
-Moonblast

I like Aromatisse because I've had success with defensive Spritzee in LC. Aroma Veil pairs perfectly with setup sweepers that hate Taunt and Encore (all of them), and it can also provide Wish and Aromatherapy support for its team. In addition, Moonblast can take care of Scrafty and Guzzlord, as well as Hariyama and Druddigon with proper chip damage.

Silvally (Steel) @ Steel Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 4 Atk 252 Def 252 SpD
Impish Nature
-Defog
-Parting Shot
-Swords Dance
-Pursuit/Multi Attack

I think it's great to have a defensive mono Steel (my favorite type) pokemon in the tier. The only other relevant pure steel type in the tier is klingklang, and that is not a defensive pokemon. I don't know what to put in the final slot but probably Multi Attack because it could be a threat to Diancie, Vanilluxe, Gigalith, Mega Audino and Whimsicott, but boosted Pursuit could eliminate Slowking and maybe even Slowbro. Admittedly, this set is sounding like more of a tank/maybe trapper than wall, but it also provides invaluable team support as a hazard remover resistant to rocks, a momentum gainer (and annoyance for setup sweepers), and even an emergency sweeper itself.

Overall, I think these two could provide so much utility and bulk for a team that has powerful, but possibly frail setup sweepers (also I need a rocker for this team). That is why I think that this team should be a balance one to utilize these mons to the fullest for the reasons I described above.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)