SM UU Offence Shar-Bat Sweep

Hi people! This is my first time using Smogon so I apologize if some things are a little messy.

Here is my UU team that I have been working on!

I am here to ask for improvements that could draw out the power of my team more.
It works quite well, as I have tested it, but I think it could be more powerful with some improvements.

Onto building the team!

I started off by wanting to build a team around Crobat, using Klefki as the setter. I wanted to use Klefki as the setter because I had faced it in battle before and found it as quite a formidable opponent when I had to stop it. It also is a nice spec atk resistant setter for spikes, while being able to use magnet rise to put it down to only one weakness. It also has a nice variety of status moves to harm tanks and bulky/fast opponents (Toxic/Thunder Wave). Crobat is a fast Pokemon with unique typing and an immunity. I drew out the flying power from it because poison can be easily countered and flying affects grass in the same way as poison with the exception of poison types being countered by poison/grass types. So now I had a setter and a revenge kill/sweep. Next I needed a slightly tankier sweep.

I chose Mega Sharpedo because it is a fast Pokemon with the ability to easily sweep because of its high attack and the Protect/Speed Boost strategy. It supports the other two by having a little more bulk, and stops psychic types that would murder Crobat. It also has a large move set, so that the move types I needed could be easily accesed. Now I had a setter, a revenge killer, and a sweep. What I needed next was a offensive tank of sorts. As this is an offensive team, I will only include one tank.

I chose Mamoswine as a tank because it has a large amount of health, while still being powerful in attacks. It is a counter to flying and dragon types if Klefki is knocked, and it also knows ice shard so it can have the last word in battles. If spikes have been cleared, or if I want more set, I can use stealth rock to set more. Now I needed a special attacker/defender as my team is very physical currently.

I chose Lucario because it is a versatile fighter who is quite fast and has high spec atk. It also has access to Nasty Plot and can counter fairies/poison and dark/ice/rock (and more) with spec atk STAB moves. After this, we needed to add one more poke. I had to think a bit for this one, but I finally decided on Crawdaunt.

If you spend some time looking at my team before Crawdaunt, you will see that it has quite a weakness to fire. If Sharpedo was taken out, my team would all succumb to a one fire type. So I decided that I needed a water type. I really don't know why I decided on Crawdaunt other then that he was a water type. I decided although that I would keep him because of moves like, Swords Dance + Crabhammer, paired with other contact moves like Knock Off and Rock Slide.

The Members!

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Play Rough
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise

Klefki is being used as the setter and a special defender.
The reason for Play Rough is to be able to affect Latias even when it uses Calm Mind.
Magnet Rise is to protect Klefki from instant knockout from ground moves while it sets up and attacks.
Spikes is the tool for it to set up with.
Thunder wave is to stop fast opponents from hitting every move so that slower ones can take them out.
The ability Prankster is to stop make sure its status moves get through before the opponent can attack so that Klefki has a use.
It's set up to be bulky enough to protect from spec atk fire move hits.
Leftovers is to keep it alive throughout the match.

Crobat @ Sky Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Roost
- U-turn

Crobat is a fast revenge kill/sweep.
Brave Bird is used as the primary attack for Crobat. The recoil damage can be healed with Roost.
Taunt is to stop resistant opponents like Bisharp from using Swords Dance (and other moves like it) while Crobat switches out.
U-turn is to switch Crobat out after a kill as it is not meant to take much damage as the revenge killer.
The ability Infiltrator is very useful as a revenge kill by opponents not being able to block its attacks.
Sky Plate is to boost the power of Brave Bird even more so that it could do sufficient damage to opponents due to Crobat's lack of attack.

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake

Protect is used as a partner to Speed Boost to Protect and Speed Boost once before megaing it when its ability changes.
Crunch is a move to damage psychic types while getting the effect of Strong Jaws, which is the ability after mega, AND the STAB bonus.
Ice fang is a Strong Jaws boosted attack to counter flying and dragon types.
Earthquake is a contact move to deal with pokes like Infernape and other fire pokes without using spec atk.
Ability is described above.
Item is to mega it and receive the ability Strong Jaws + better stats.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock

Icicle Crash is a large damage, possible flinch attack move that can destroy flying and dragon types.
Earthquake is another counter for possible threats like fire types.
Ice Shard is so that it could get the last word in a losing battle.
Stealth Rock is for a second setup in case Klefki falls.
Thick Fat makes it more bulky towards physical fire and ice moves like Flare Blitz, etc.
The Life Orb is to make it a more offensive attacker instead of just a stall.

Lucario @ Expert Belt
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Flash Cannon
- Focus Blast
- Vacuum Wave

The ivs are changed and evs are changed to create some Spec coverage for the team.
Nasty Plot is to raise its spec atk as all of its moves are spec atk
Flash Cannon is to get a STAB bonus as well as a possible bonus with Expert Belt against things like fairies and ice types.
Focus Blast is again paired with Expert Belt and STAB to extreme damage to Pokemon weak to fighting.
Vacuum Wave is a First Priority attack that again paired with STAB and Expert Belt, can do more damage then normal.
Expert Belt is to add damage to the attacks to take out Fairies and types weak to fighting.
Steadfast makes it faster after it flinches, giving it an additional long lasting effect.

Crawdaunt @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 188 Def
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off

Swords Dance is to make it an effective wall breaker.
Crabhammer is a high power water attack to combat fire types.
Rock Slide gives a little more flying coverage as well as combating fire types.
Knock Off gives some more power against psychic types.
Hyper Cutter keeps its attack from being reduced which keeps all of its attacks powerful and its Swords Dance everlasting.
Rocky Helmet it to deal a little damage back to other pokes that hit it with contact moves.

Threatlist:
To be updated after more testing :P (I already did some but I need to do more)

Zeraora can only be beaten by Mamoswine or Sharpedo (because of speed boost) as it outspeeds everything and almost everything on my team is weak to electric.

Mega Steelix is a pain as its insane defence counters moves like Earthquake from Sharpedo while being able to one shot most of the team. Lucario would be the ideal counter except that Earthquake takes him out before he can move.

Substitute/Spiky Shield Todgemaru is such a pain to get through with this team. Mamoswine is powerless, Sharpedo has to stall for a very long time to get through and gets out with like 1% health, and the rest are powerless.

Closing Thoughts:
This took forever for me to make, so please read it over and give me your thoughts by replying!

Here is the Importable:
https://pokepast.es/347d814f673d56fe

Last edited:
Hey man. While looking at your team I can see what you tried to do : a nice HO around Mega Sharpedo with some Entry Hazards support. I can definitively say that there is some good ideas but also less good things. Indeed, your team struggles a lot vs bulky Water-types such as Primarina, Mega Blastoise or Suicune. Zeraora is also a big issue for your team and can almost claim one KO every time is facing a Pokemon which is slower than it. Lemme help you to fix your team !

Major changes

Stealth Rock Mamoswine is in my opinion an odd pick in the current metagame. Stealth Rock Kommo-o is a way better option because it provides a ton of utility thanks to its typing which allows it to check threats such as Bisharp, Zeraora or Krookodile to a lesser extent. Thanks to Taunt and its mixed STABs it can wear down walls which really helps its teammates in the endgame. Since your team is really weak to Zeraora, I think that Kommo-o will be better than Mamoswine.

Since your team was really really weak to Fighting-types (like Lucario, Terrakion or Infernape), I decided to replace Crawdaunt (which had a bad set tbh, if you want to play with Crawdaunt you should opt for its Swords Dance set or Choice Band set) by Latias. Latias provides a useful immunity to Ground-type and a way to pressure Nasty Plot Lucario & Nasty Plot Infernape which are fearsome threats for your team.

Since Latias is pretty versatile you can opt for a Choice Scarf variant which provides Speed Control but also some support thanks to Trick + Healing Wish. However, you can also opt a more offensive variant with Calm Mind + Electrium Z which may be the most interesting set considering it allows Latias to nuke Empoleon, Tentacruel, Suicune, Mega Blastoise or Primarina with Gigavoc Havoc. A variant with Calm + Adrenaline Orb can be viable too.

Since Latias brings to your team a Ground-type immunity, I decided to replace Crobat because this Pokemon struggles a lot in the current Underused. While its speed may be interesting on the paper, it struggles to be effective in a metagame where Mega Manectric, Zeraora, Mega Aerodactyl and Rotom-Heat are pretty common. Unlike Moltres which can abuse of its typing, Crobat can't really use its Poison-type which means it can just spam Brave Bird. I opted for Swords Dance Scizor because this is an amazing Pokemon and a staple for a lot of HO. Scizor appreciates a lot Hazard support and it can pressure Fairy-types which may be annoying otherwise (since Klefki doesn't have any recovery outisde of its Leftovers it can be wear down pretty easily by Pokemon like Mega Altaria or Primarina).

In my opinion, you can opt for 2 variants of Swords Dance Scizor : a really offensive one with Life Orb or a more defensive one with Roost.

Minor Changes

I decided to replace the Expert Belt & Focus Blast by the Life Orb and Aura Sphere since it helps Lucario to be better vs Stall. Thanks to Life Orb, Lucario can wear down more easily Steel-types which helps a lot Mega Sharpedo and Scizor.

New team

<click sprite for importable>

Options

Swords Dance + Roost
Choice Scarf (with this set you should opt for Dragonium Z over Life Orb on Kommo-o)
Calm Mind + Adrenaline Orb

I hope my tips may help you and that you will like this new version of your team ! It's imo way better than before :]

Last edited:

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hey, this is a pretty neat team you have here especially since it's built around Crobat. Crobat's niche went from being p big in serp/loom meta but once those left it lost the majority of it's splashability. However it still does a good job of irritating bulkier teams with Taunt and revenge killing with it's high speed stat. The main issues I'm seeing with this team is the use of suboptimal sets tbh, as a HO it's not terrible at all. I'm gonna go a route involving keeping Crobat but I'm changing the set just a lil bit by going Super Fang > U-turn because it helps a lot with chipping steels and bothering bulky teams in conjunction with Taunt, I will be shaping the team around this niche that Crobat has because I think it's generally the only way to use Crobat in this tier atm. Anyways lemme get into my shit.

- Doing Cobalion > Lucario because this improves the Scizor matchup while also letting us run aoa Mamoswine because this thing will have rocks. This also takes weight off Klefki's back as it can be a Hydreigon check (especially with Rocky Helmet). Cobalion is also a very sturdy Bisharp check, giving you more freedom to run Psychic Fangs on Sharpedo which is dope for a stronger neutral coverage move and can hit threats like Kommo-o and Primarina harder.
Cobalion @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

- My next change is Latias > Crawdaunt. Crawdaunt + Sharpedo is neat to like wear each other's checks down, but I really don't think it's best here at all as it doesn't really do much for the team other than that (especially with the chosen set). This set on Latias in particular has amazing synergy with Crobat. Crobat lures and chips bulky steels with Super Fang + Spikes, which eventually puts them in range for Latias's dual STAB attacks. Latias also gives sort of an answer to Moltres which can be annoying given Cobalion being the rocker. Lati is also gonna be your primary wincon in most cases on this team, while being sort of a fighting resist as well for mons like Lucario and Infernape.
Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Recover

Smaller changes:
- As I said before in the intro, Super Fang > U-turn on Crobat. The other thing I'm doing is Flyinium Z > Sky Plate, just because it's better and I don't think the z move is needed elsewhere, however that's more of an optional change since you can keep Sky Plate and go with Dragonium Z + Psyshock on Latias if you really want.
- Knock Off > Stealth Rock on Mamoswine, I originally saw this team and thought about how this team really needs a Scizor since it's spike stack and like 90% of spike stacks have a Scizor but... nah, Mamoswine actually works better here. Ice Shard really helps this team a lot because without it, something like DD Kommo-o or Haxorus can be a huge pain to deal with. Aoa Mamoswine is also just it's best set and can really be a huge pain to switch into, ESPECIALLY on spikes. Mamo also gives an elec immunity which can be cool, even on teams like this.
- Foul Play > Magnet Rise is another more optional change but I do recommend it because it really solidifies the Scizor matchup while it can also sorta lure it in a way for Latias to just have an easier time sweeping/cleaning. Also if you do go with this change, the EV spread would be changed to 252 Hp / 96 Def / 152 SpD / 8 Spe to live +2 Scizor Iron Plate BP after rocks.
- Another suggestion is Adamant > Jolly on Sharpedo, this is really just personal preference but with Cobalion + Klefki I don't think not outspeeding Hydreigon is that big of an issue, while doing more damage is always nice n_n.

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 152 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play
- Play Rough

Crobat @ Flyinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Super Fang
- Roost
- Taunt

Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Ice Fang
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake

Cobalion @ Rocky Helmet
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Recover

That's it, I really like this Crobat set and even in this metagame where Crobat's splashability is next to non existent, it can still put in work. Neat team, lmk how it goes if you try it out and lmk if you have any questions :).

Hey, this is a pretty neat team you have here especially since it's built around Crobat. Crobat's niche went from being p big in serp/loom meta but once those left it lost the majority of it's splashability. However it still does a good job of irritating bulkier teams with Taunt and revenge killing with it's high speed stat. The main issues I'm seeing with this team is the use of suboptimal sets tbh, as a HO it's not terrible at all. I'm gonna go a route involving keeping Crobat but I'm changing the set just a lil bit by going Super Fang > U-turn because it helps a lot with chipping steels and bothering bulky teams in conjunction with Taunt, I will be shaping the team around this niche that Crobat has because I think it's generally the only way to use Crobat in this tier atm. Anyways lemme get into my shit.

- Doing Cobalion > Lucario because this improves the Scizor matchup while also letting us run aoa Mamoswine because this thing will have rocks. This also takes weight off Klefki's back as it can be a Hydreigon check (especially with Rocky Helmet). Cobalion is also a very sturdy Bisharp check, giving you more freedom to run Psychic Fangs on Sharpedo which is dope for a stronger neutral coverage move and can hit threats like Kommo-o and Primarina harder.
Cobalion @ Rocky Helmet
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

- My next change is Latias > Crawdaunt. Crawdaunt + Sharpedo is neat to like wear each other's checks down, but I really don't think it's best here at all as it doesn't really do much for the team other than that (especially with the chosen set). This set on Latias in particular has amazing synergy with Crobat. Crobat lures and chips bulky steels with Super Fang + Spikes, which eventually puts them in range for Latias's dual STAB attacks. Latias also gives sort of an answer to Moltres which can be annoying given Cobalion being the rocker. Lati is also gonna be your primary wincon in most cases on this team, while being sort of a fighting resist as well for mons like Lucario and Infernape.
Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Recover

Smaller changes:
- As I said before in the intro, Super Fang > U-turn on Crobat. The other thing I'm doing is Flyinium Z > Sky Plate, just because it's better and I don't think the z move is needed elsewhere, however that's more of an optional change since you can keep Sky Plate and go with Dragonium Z + Psyshock on Latias if you really want.
- Knock Off > Stealth Rock on Mamoswine, I originally saw this team and thought about how this team really needs a Scizor since it's spike stack and like 90% of spike stacks have a Scizor but... nah, Mamoswine actually works better here. Ice Shard really helps this team a lot because without it, something like DD Kommo-o or Haxorus can be a huge pain to deal with. Aoa Mamoswine is also just it's best set and can really be a huge pain to switch into, ESPECIALLY on spikes. Mamo also gives an elec immunity which can be cool, even on teams like this.
- Foul Play > Magnet Rise is another more optional change but I do recommend it because it really solidifies the Scizor matchup while it can also sorta lure it in a way for Latias to just have an easier time sweeping/cleaning. Also if you do go with this change, the EV spread would be changed to 252 Hp / 96 Def / 152 SpD / 8 Spe to live +2 Scizor Iron Plate BP after rocks.
- Another suggestion is Adamant > Jolly on Sharpedo, this is really just personal preference but with Cobalion + Klefki I don't think not outspeeding Hydreigon is that big of an issue, while doing more damage is always nice n_n.

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 152 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play
- Play Rough

Crobat @ Flyinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Super Fang
- Roost
- Taunt

Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Ice Fang
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake

Cobalion @ Rocky Helmet
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Recover

That's it, I really like this Crobat set and even in this metagame where Crobat's splashability is next to non existent, it can still put in work. Neat team, lmk how it goes if you try it out and lmk if you have any questions :).
Thank you so much for the imput! My team works so much better now. I did not change the klefki tho. This is because magnet rise is vital to its survival, and thunder wave saves me all the time. But I changed everything else. Thx for your time!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)