Official Smogon Fantasy Football Thread - 2015-16 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
you don't trade AB for anyone this year, unless you're getting Julio Jones + something else. The guy can literally carry you to a championship by himself. I'm pretty sure he actually scored more points this past weekend while on Bye than JMatt did

Don't you hate when your team is so stacked you don't know who to play? It's just an 8 team league but:
RBs: Drafted McCoy, J Stewart, Yeldon, waiver wire pickups Rawls, Charmander
WRs: Drafted Antonio, Alshon, waiver wire Martavis, traded for Megatron

All my backs get 15+ carries per game so I guess I'll just close my eyes and pick 3 at random

One of my teams was underachieving so badly (thanks Carr and Cooper!) that I picked up Rawls off the waiver wire after I heard Lynch was inactive. Ended up winning somehow and now I have three good RBs in Forte, Miller, and Rawls and am 8-3 despite having lost Bell, Lewis, and Keenan Allen.

meanwhile the 3-8 teams in my league are still spending $15 to make waiver moves to pick up Rawls/Allen even though they're almost literally eliminated from the playoffs

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm in that position in my work league. I'm 2-9, but there is still bonus money given out if you get the high score each week. 10 bucks for every week you win, and I've already won once soooo...not quitting. And screw anyone who expects last place teams to just mail it in the rest of the way so they can inflate their win totals, I play until the last game of the season no matter what my record is.

Don't you hate when your team is so stacked you don't know who to play? It's just an 8 team league but:
RBs: Drafted McCoy, J Stewart, Yeldon, waiver wire pickups Rawls, Charmander
WRs: Drafted Antonio, Alshon, waiver wire Martavis, traded for Megatron

All my backs get 15+ carries per game so I guess I'll just close my eyes and pick 3 at random
lol 8 team league.

but in this vein, my RBs are Miller/Ivory, my WRs are ABrown/Marshall. i need to pick 2 for FLEX between JHill/JBrown/Woodhead/CJ?K.

leaning JBrown/CJ?K because lol SF, Hill faces a Rams D that's been pretty stout against the run, and Woodhead faces the Jags who have also been pretty good against the run, though Airbacks do give them problems.

thoughts?

also i have the Broncos D, but i should probably pick up the Bucs or Giants to stream instead shouldn't i?

everywhere i look fantasy analysts saying to temper your expectations playing the broncos d.... but i think broncos d is a safe bet this week to produce. this isn't the same pats team that was putting up 50 points on the jags or averaging 30 something points a game. the pats are without many of the weapons that kept the offense rolling all season long (edelman, lewis, hell.. even amendola). broncos d will put up a similar performance to the one against green bay imo

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I am against CK in #strongs league, where I'm on the verge of missing playoffs despite being a clear #2 in the league in points scored. (Macle is ahead me by ~100 and I'm another ~100 up on the rest of the field, we're the clear two best teams in the league.) Luckily, Carolina D is trying really hard for me to outscore Megatron so I'm not sunk yet.

Benching Denver D this week because they're playing the Pats would be like benching Tom Brady this week because he's playing Denver. If it's daily, sure avoid paying up for them in a "nightmare" matchup (either one). You probably don't have a better option in seasonal, start your studs.

Benching Denver D this week because they're playing the Pats would be like benching Tom Brady this week because he's playing Denver. If it's daily, sure avoid paying up for them in a "nightmare" matchup (either one). You probably don't have a better option in seasonal, start your studs.
started Denver.

with Bengals on the bench.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Actually going 3-0 this week. Two of my teams are on the edge of playoff contention so I desperately needed those wins. My league A team is still coming first and looks like it'll get a first round bye

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Lost all three of my games this week, including my fourth in a row in a league where I have one of the best teams. Especially frustrating is this is the second time this year I've lost to a guy who drafted Gronk #1 overall and made several other homerish draft picks. Both times he's beaten me on sheer luck and my guys all simultaneously shitting the bed (I have julio jones, dez bryant, matt ryan, danny woodhead, legarrette blount, etc). I'm now on the outside looking in, when other inferior teams are set to make the playoffs. Fuck fantasy.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I, for one, am looking at a 3-0 in seasonal and my biggest haul yet in daily. It's not comparable to kd's cool grand but hey, I'll take $25 off a two-dollar entry fee and a 199% overall return on investment. Good week imo.

combee tried really hard but he was unable to slay me

And I had 100 on the bench too. Notables: Austin (21.83), Reed (17.80), Riddick (17.80) yes they scored the same numbers of points.

well i made the playoffs in both my leagues. huzzah!

in my standard league i have to decide between Lacy/ARob/Martavis at FLEX. or i could sit Lamar/DWill at RB and start Lacy there. with Ben out i'm less inclined to trust the Steelers O, especially with most of DWill's effectiveness not being a runner. with Hurns likely out, ARob will get more doubles, but he's been great in contested throws this year. i don't know what the fuck to think of Lacy or Miller, maddeningly inconsistent. i would think Lacy vs. Detroits leaky run D would be a good match up, but are the Ravens run D really fifth in the league? that surprises me. Miller is effective through the air though, so that again makes me undecided.

in .5ppr my RB1 is Ivory and my WR1a/WR1b are ABrown/Marshall, QB is Dalton. i have Miller here too and am toying with starting Woodhead over him, but i'm starting Denvers D and i hate negative stacks like that. could start Bengals D instead against the Browns O which isn't a bad idea. with CJ?K possibly out for the year with a broken leg, my FLEX is between Miller/Woodhead and John Brown/Maclin/Hill. i also have Funchess, which could be a good play against the Taints.

talk to me fellas.

starting Tannehill instead of Manning in standard.

i also think i'm going to start Funchess in .5ppr over Maclin because fuck that guy.

Last edited:
starting Tannehill instead of Manning in standard.
This was my gut feeling as well, enough to spend $15 on Tannehill for this week (and some future juicy matchups). Manning's O-Line is banged up and his floor is scary, and even though the Jets have been torn up by opposing QBs lately, I feel like Tannehill has a safer floor because the Jets have the potential to dominate Time of Possession, and a similar if not higher ceiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)