OMPL V: Discussion Thread

These memes are too advanced for me. I have no idea what is going on. Are we in the finals? Are the kois out? Are the blisseys good? Everything is a sarcastic quip in this thread

It's a good thing you can play AAA cuz ur gonna need a backup plan after I end your MnM career tomorrow
%IT 1 1 joined
[00:07:00] %IT 1 1: the banter has been really shit this ompl
[00:07:12] %IT 1 1: i'm ashamed of all of you
[00:07:15] %IT 1 1: ur relying on
[00:07:17] %IT 1 1: Me
[00:07:19] %IT 1 1: me
[00:07:20] %IT 1 1: ME
[00:07:26] %IT 1 1: to start the banter
[00:07:29] %IT 1 1: like hello

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
%IT 1 1 joined
[00:07:00] %IT 1 1: the banter has been really shit this ompl
[00:07:12] %IT 1 1: i'm ashamed of all of you
[00:07:15] %IT 1 1: ur relying on
[00:07:17] %IT 1 1: Me
[00:07:19] %IT 1 1: me
[00:07:20] %IT 1 1: ME
[00:07:26] %IT 1 1: to start the banter
[00:07:29] %IT 1 1: like hello
Damn bro u sure exposed me like how do I recover from (wait what was this post supposed to accomplish again?)

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Esteemed undefeated member of the Five-Star Jolteons (myself) hath vanquished esteemed undefeated member of the Bedroom Blisseys (Laxpras) in an extremely skillful bo3 series in Pokemon Showdown!'s most difficult and best tier currently hosted on the server, ggs. Note: this was for OMPL and as such should cause the Jolteons to enter the finals regardless of foolish tiebreakers and whatnot.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doubleshackmonscup-616448817
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doubleshackmonscup-616453892
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doubleshackmonscup-616457341

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Esteemed undefeated member of the Five-Star Jolteons (myself) hath vanquished esteemed undefeated member of the Bedroom Blisseys (Laxpras) in an extremely skillful bo3 series in Pokemon Showdown!'s most difficult and best tier currently hosted on the server, ggs. Note: this was for OMPL and as such should cause the Jolteons to enter the finals regardless of foolish tiebreakers and whatnot.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doubleshackmonscup-616448817
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doubleshackmonscup-616453892
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7doubleshackmonscup-616457341
tfw u get power construct zygarde

It's been a great time with the Kois this season - whilst my performance with the Kois initially was great, I have slowly found it slumping even in matchups where I was strong vs the opponent. My 1-3 record is nothing to boast about, and it shows just how badly I've done this season. Alas - my time with the Kois has still been incredible. Here are a few shoutouts I'd like to make before closing my presence until next season:

Mark_K My personal assman, and tester of many teams. You've been fantastic to play against, every single match has been incredible. Shouldn't have won game 2, but the entirety of our three matches has been thrilling to see, with the amount of experimentation I have had to make just to get it off my way and deal with stall immediately. You've given me a lot of advice throughout this season, and... well, that's only just the beginning.
Uselesscrab Hey - you've desperately tried to get me into this season, and I've had an enjoyable time because of it. Thank you for allowing me to participate by tagging me through to my manager.
Fardin The king of defensive counterplay. The bane of me, yet the entire reason I've been able to craft teams that deal with stall as well as they have. You've been a massive help to me, despite being the crafter of my opponents teams in weeks 3 and 4. You've kept me engaged in MnM and have made sure that I do at least somewhat decently versus stall. Unfortunately, my impulsiveness made that a vain effort...
darksylvion Your Xurk set helped me pull through week 3 and grab the only W that I had for this entire season. Thank you for saving my record and saving me from looking like a total embarrasment.
EV I'm calling you electronvolt now.
InfernapeTropius11 Thanks for the support you gave me through the weeks. Your humor pointing out that Quantum Tesseract can't do maths properly also gave me a laugh- despite not facing off against you, it's been a fun time with you in the wings.

I can't say it enough, it's been an excellent time with the Kois. You've been there when I've requested time and time again that my teams need testing, and you've honed them to the point where the teams don't look like an embarrasing mess anymore. Thank you.

Despite not advancing as far as I would've hoped, I do believe the Untitled Unfezants played excellently through and through, and we would have been a tough adversary for either of the finalists. Regardless, I wish luck to both teams! May the best players win!

Now that our fighting is over, I'd like to shout out the friends I've made throughout this OMPL and my team in general.

Bondie – Thank you a lot for drafting me! It's been a privilege to work on your team and I'm very happy that you drafted me so that I could make all these new friends. Your management got us incredibly far, so thank you!
DEG – I'm so glad that we got to meet. Going to be a little sappy, but it's awesome to have made a new friend in you. You may suck, but you're a pretty rad dude. Answer my Snapchats more often and don't leave me on read. Thanks!
Thimo – n_n. It's so cool to have met you, thimo, you're a super funny person and it's always a pleasure talking to you. Thanks for the cute Chespins and making the whole OMPL experience so much more fun for me.
Jrdn – Probably the only reason I ever won a match, lol. Super cool dude and an excellent builder / player. Hope we talk more, too, since it's been fun when we have! Thanks for helping me so much and carrying us through Sketchmons victories. :]
jasprose – cute user. No matter the outcome of the last match, you're an excellent player and you're a super nice person, so I hope we stay in contact as well. Congrats on the awesome run this OMPL and being a BH god. Keep up the great work.
Wanka – The Monotype LORD who allowed me to beat Eien. Thank you for the team and helping me prepare for the match. And for being a really kind person / good battler. :D

Shoutouts to Akashi for being an extremely cute user as well. :3. And the other teammates I didn't have the opportunity to talk to as much as I had those above.

This OMPL was a super fun experience to me, and I'm so glad I got to be apart of a lovely third place team. Always the winners in my mind and heart!

Ren

i swore lips were made for lies
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Rip Kois but I thought I'd do shoutouts anyways because honestly, there's a lot of people that deserve them. I'm gonna miss a lot of people so don't take offense to anything if I did, you all know who you are.

InfernapeTropius11 - Fitting that the first shoutout goes to you because you're probably my first friend on this website and my best bud IRL. Thanks for getting me back into Pokemon after I lost interest all those years ago. Thanks for being supportive, a great friend, fun to banter with, getting me into OMs, and helping me find and get into my favorite OM (BH). Thanks for being an emergency tester, too.

Klang, jasprose, motherlove, @morogrimm and highlighter - Probably some of the best BH players I know as well as people who helped my confidence, supported me heavily throughout OMPL and even before then, and helped me get to where I am now. You guys are fun to be around, encouraging in your own ways and very good at what you all do. If you keep your mind on whatever you try to do, I know you all can do very well. I'd say everyone here is determined and hardworking. Thanks for how much support and encouragement you all gave me this OMPL.

Racool and Chloe. - You two might not play BH but still supported me when I thought I didn't want to play OMPL or Pokemon in general anymore. I'm glad I got to know you two, you're both supportive and respectful. Even if you both didn't get the 5-0 you both wanted, you're all still good players and don't let people tell you otherwise. Thanks for a fun season, both of you. Put your mind to anything and I know you both can do very well. Good luck in Oxford, Racool! Chloe, thanks for keeping me hyped this entire season.

EV, fsk, ihhca and darksylvion - You all helped me through OMPL in your own ways. I was initially disappointed to not be on a team with Flint, but you all are cool guys in your own right and I don't regret being paired with you all at all. EV, thanks for this opportunity as well as letting me play the game I wanted to play the most. Best manager ever. fsk, you're a p cool guy and don't listen to what people say about you because you're from PO - I've talked to you for weeks now and I'm glad I got this chance, you've helped me improve quite a bit. Virginia, keep dominating in literally every OM and keep being fun to talk to. geerat, you're very spirited and this OMPL season wouldn't have been the same without you. Kois for life!

E4 Flint - I saved the best for last. You've been amazing since day one. You've supported me, helped me through pretty much everything, always seem to have a way to make me smile, and you're so much fun to be around. I appreciate having you as a friend and getting to know you. You've inspired the hell out of me to become a better player. You're probably the kindest person in this community. You got me into OMPL in the first place. You fired me up for our game. You've supported me through the months I've known you. You're respectful, fun, intelligent, mature, and know when to be serious. I remember when I first met you in that AAA tours room tour, and I knew right then I found someone who was probably going to be my best bud in the future. I was right, too. You bring everybody up with you, demonstrate a positive attitude, and work hard as fuck. You're very enthusiastic, love to aid everyone, and love to see the best in everyone. You're someone I feel comfortable around. You're trustworthy and funny. You stand out of the rest. People should be more like you, bud. I haven't trusted anyone else on this list as much as I've trusted "Flinty" with. He's undoubtedly the person I feel most confident to talk to about anything. You're my favourite partner to test with. I can't imagine someone better for this last shoutout than the afro'd idiot this is dedicated to. Thanks for everything, bud - I'm looking forward to playing either with or against you next year.

oops I made that long as fuck

Hope to see you all next year where I hopefully turn this 0-3 into a 7-0!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)