Tournament OMPL V - FINALS [Won by the Bedroom Blisseys]

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head

Other Metagames Premier League V - Finals
>> SCHEDULE <<
>> STANDINGS <<
>> INFORMATION <<
How this works
Each team will have have 6 players and at least 2 subs. The players are bought using the 80 credits that managers receive during the auction. The roster this season include: Almost Any Ability, Anything Goes, Balanced Hackmons, Mix and Mega, Monotype, and Sketchmons. Teams can win their matchup every week by winning 4 of the 6 matches that their players have to play.​

Scheduling
Scheduling should be done on VM walls, plain and simple, and I'd like to exaggerate the importance of this. If there is no communication on VM walls and a game goes undone, it will be left to the RNG to decide the winner. If there is communication on only one user's behalf, the win will go to them. If there is a very healthy back and forth regarding potential times and one user is a no-show, a manager may take the opportunity to sub out the no-show competitor; if this is not done, the user that showed up responsibly will be awarded the win. Case in point: VM your opponents, schedule your matches, and be reliable. If you're not reliable, let your manager know so they can sub you out ASAP.
Sportsmanship
Exhibitions of unsportsmanlike conduct with regards to Other Metagame Premier League will be met with an infraction at the discretion of the OMPL host/OM mods. This is unlikely to include interactions within a team's private chat unless there is reason found to make an exception. This rule is meant to protect other users from being publicly flamed/bashed/provoked by another competitor for the duration of and following the tournament.​

On Deadline & Match Completion
All players must complete their matches by 11:59PM, August 20th. Any incomplete matches by that time will be subject to activity decision (MAKE SURE YOU POST ON YOUR OPPONENT'S VM WALL IN AMPLE TIME TO SCHEDULE); otherwise, they will be decided via !pick publicly in the OM Room. All matches should ideally be done on your most notable alt (the one you registered for OMPL with) to avoid confusion and the replay must be saved and posted in this thread. The replays will be archived in the OMPL General Thread, and we will use them to calculate usage stats.

On Substitutions
Managers, if you wish to make any substitutions, you must post here tagging both the player you're subbing out, the player you're subbing in, the manager and assistant manager of the opposing team, the substitute's opponent, and myself. This is to assure that everyone is in-the-loop and that the OP is updated accordingly to reflect the new match-up.

Matchups

The Bedroom Blisseys (The Immortal / E4 Flint) VS (Ransei / ScarfWynaut) The Five-Star Jolteons

3-3 | 3-3

Almost Any Ability: Laxpras VS The Official Glyx
Anything Goes: Fardin VS HunterStorm
Balanced Hackmons: E4 Flint VS morogrim
Mix and Mega: Mark_K VS InfernapeTropius11
Monotype: 1 True Lycan VS terrors
Sketchmons: Leru VS Racool

dusk raimon

Banned deucer.
First predictions because less to make

Almost Any Ability: Laxpras VS The Official Glyx - I don't see lax losing now plus he's the goat anyway
Anything Goes: Fardin VS Salvation - Fardin is a self proclaiming hype animal but not without good reason because he's a solid player
Balanced Hackmons: E4 Flint VS morogrim - I don't predict TLs to win because they always seem to take Ls :c
Mix and Mega: Mark_K VS InfernapeTropius11 - IT11 is good
Monotype: 1 True Lycan VS terrors - terrors doesn't lose
Sketchmons: Leru VS Racool - going with the upset because it was quicker for me to Hl and bold leru bc im on phone

Then bedroom blisseys prolly win tiebreaker imo

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
Almost Any Ability: Laxpras VS The Official Glyx - Laxpras is the greatest OMPL player ever and this isn't 1v1. Part of me assumes Glyx is only playing because Ransei feels guilty and he knows AAA is a loss anyway, but I'll let her prove me wrong.
Anything Goes: Fardin VS Salvation - If Hunter were playing here, perhaps I'd predict against Fardin, but I just don't see F6 really pulling out a win here. Both are amazing though; as players I have massive respect for both of you.
Balanced Hackmons: E4 Flint VS morogrim - Flint will just ban stakeout before the match so he can't be 6-0d again. We all know that's why he prioritised it before a sleep clause anyway.
Mix and Mega: Mark_K VS InfernapeTropius11 - I'd hope IT11 isn't silly enough to bring Gourgeist two games in a row. Mark_K has impressed me though not gonna lie.
Monotype: 1 True Lycan VS terrors - Lord B33 stands no chance against the only true lycan.
Sketchmons: Leru VS Racool - Racool is the best there ever was and Mold Breaker Volcarona is illegal.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Only predicts that matter

AAA TL himself, Glyx is cool and all but the MagnetPull Zard X memes end here. It would be cool to see an upset but unlikely.
Anything Goes: Fardin VS Salvation
Don't know much about this salvation guy but Fardin is the self-proclaimed AG teambuilder god. You can't rlly ct since he brings random stuff all the time, but am still excited to watch this game.
Can go wither way tbh, while Flint is the fan favorite, moro has some tricks up his sleeves. Will this finally be the time that flint keeps his promise and brings /TEGGODS/, you have to stay tune and find out!
Mark K has definetely proven his worth as an MnM player this OMPL, catching some big names under his belt, altho beating it11 is a another task in itself. Very close game, but still gonna give a safe bet here.
Ew monotype is not even a real om
Didnt even know leru played sketch. Racool is one of the only serious sketch players out of the holy sketch trinity so I dont expect no less from her.

Nice and close finals, gl to everyone, (but go blisseys!)

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
The Bedroom Blisseys (The Immortal / E4 Flint) VS (Ransei / ScarfWynaut) The Five-Star Jolteons
3-2 | 2-3

GOAT vs not-GOAT
ban stall imo, fardin is bad but luckE
v close call here but Flint has impressed me more this season
Solid player vs Actual Literal GOAT
mono is basically OU I don't play OU
go racool !_!

While I'm here, shoutouts to the Mimikyus for a really fun season! Not gonna do specific shoutouts but you guys were all great :heart:

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Okay, my first and hot predictions coming through :

Almost Any Ability: Laxpras VS The Official Glyx - At this point, it's probably unfair to vote against Laxpras. Dudes been on sick run since last OMPL, and could take home one important victory for Blisseys. But that said, fairy tales do come true and Glyx is good enough to pull one through. Will be a cracker, but Lax undoubtedly has an advantage.
Anything Goes: Fardin VS Salvation - Don't know much about Salvation, but I've seen Fardin make pretty good stall teams again and again, so I'd give him the edge here.
Balanced Hackmons: E4 Flint VS morogrim - Inspite not being a BH player, I've been following the games hoping to get into BH at sometime lol, so just have a gut feeling the moro will triumph here.
Mix and Mega: Mark_K VS InfernapeTropius11 - IT has been the goat regardless of the last match, but Mark K has improved remarkably through-out the OMPL and I just kind of want him to get this one through.
Monotype: 1 True Lycan VS terrors : Huh so it's not only me, others don't know about Mono either. Gl to both of them tho!
Sketchmons: Leru VS Racool : I have heard Leru is superb and even though experience means jack in Sketchmons, I think Racool should pull this one through, on the basis that her building is pretty solid for Sketch.

Anyways have fun you guys, you did great by making it to finals despite of what anyone says.

Last edited:

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Alright Jolteons. This is our time, this is our moment. We've been through the toughest of challenges, we conquered Kois and Aegiblades. We got on par with Unfezants, we tied with Mimikyus, and we survived Blisseys once. This time, we can go beyond that. We have proven that we can and I can place all of my trust on you guys. We've brought out both our best, and our worst, and we've still pulled it off. Now it's time to show Blisseys what we're made out of...

FOR JOLTEONS! WE UNITE!
WE ARE LEADERS WITHIN OURSELVES WHO FORM INTO ONE GREAT TEAM!
With the power of our own leadership, we shall strive!
Inside us is a warrior waiting to fight until the end for all it's worth!
We can control our actions and do the unpredictable!
We can surpass the impossible, predict the unpredictable!
We work together as a team!
And with the team we have,
WE CAN WIN THIS
ONCE AND FOR ALL!

We have the skill but we cannot forget... this is Pokémon. We'll need luck to be brought upon us too! Let's hope for the best bypass the worst.

Edit: Shoutouts to antemortem for making these finals last only a week!​

Last edited:
Chloe. made the exact same predictions I was going to and even with some of the same jokes and stupid references I would likely have included (e.g. someone playing just to make up for last week in another weird Jolteons tactic [Glyx], obligatory reference to a player's original and mildly cringe-worthy username [terrors], tier leader banning something they often lose to [Flint], player likely to surmount obstacle of a dumb set they lost to in an earlier week [racool]), so I'm going to pass on my weekly ritual this time.

I expect the Blisseys to win, but it would be cool to see the Jolteons do so, as Ransei deserves redemption for last year. It would be horrible and hilarious if they lost on another 20% flinch though.

Thanks to the Aegiblades for a fun season, even if we didn't live up to our early-season expectations. A couple of haxy games made an impact, but mostly we were just caught off guard by certain teams and sets and largely outclassed at times. Nonetheless, I appreciated everyone's willingness to help each other out on Discord and be generally supportive. Not planning on doing individual shoutouts this year, but I'd like to thank everyone for being committed until the very end. I'll make an exception to shout out Peef Rimgar, who was a great partner in crime throughout the year, even if he was originally joking about wanting to manage with me. You balanced my overly serious approach to managing well, even if I didn't take some of your more ridiculous suggestions. Thanks for all the pre-draft prep that largely went out the window when we got much better players than we expected.

Hope I'll still be around to manage and get called out for making dumb predictions next year, but for now — signing off.

Chloe. made the exact same predictions I was going to and even with some of the same jokes and stupid references I would likely have included (e.g. someone playing just to make up for last week in another weird Jolteons tactic [Glyx], obligatory reference to a player's original and mildly cringe-worthy username [terrors], tier leader banning something they often lose to [Flint], player likely to surmount obstacle of a dumb set they lost to in an earlier week [racool]), so I'm going to pass on my weekly ritual this time.

I expect the Blisseys to win, but it would be cool to see the Jolteons do so, as Ransei deserves redemption for last year. It would be horrible and hilarious if they lost on another 20% flinch though.

Thanks to the Aegiblades for a fun season, even if we didn't live up to our early-season expectations. A couple of haxy games made an impact, but mostly we were just caught off guard by certain teams and sets and largely outclassed at times. Nonetheless, I appreciated everyone's willingness to help each other out on Discord and be generally supportive. Not planning on doing individual shoutouts this year, but I'd like to thank everyone for being committed until the very end. I'll make an exception to shout out Peef Rimgar, who was a great partner in crime throughout the year, even if he was originally joking about wanting to manage with me. You balanced my overly serious approach to managing well, even if I didn't take some of your more ridiculous suggestions. Thanks for all the pre-draft prep that largely went out the window when we got much better players than we expected.

Hope I'll still be around to manage and get called out for making dumb predictions next year, but for now — signing off.
We still should've taken magsy

Laxpras

One small yeet for man, one giant yeet for mankind
The Prophecy Has Been Fulfilled

Happy to finish the 12-0 two season stretch, despite this curiously specific, but apparently not CT. It was a gg Glyx I was pretty sure I was gunna lose from turn 1 when Terrain popped up. You've given me really good battles in this and our fun match that you won so nothing to be down about :~)

Shoutouts:
Fardin just doing you first to point out people shouldnt trash you for a not ideal AG record as you've definitely given Mark K, Drampa, Leru, and me loads of help that has ended up giving our team more wins than you could provide in just AG anyway. Thanks for helping everyone.
The Immortal for being the only manager apparently willing to spend even 9k on me? And again dominating the OMPL scene how do you do it
@OtherManagers for not being willing to spend more than 9k on me lol?
imas motherlove Jrdn for testing aaa throughout ompl and being the main homies, even though jrdn leaked my week 5 time and imas/mlove 100% gave my team to glyx i will hear no other opinions !
Klang im pretty sure ive had you in every shoutout section and im not stopping now
E4 Flint Fardin The Immortal draegn Leru The Ruins of Alpha 1 True Lycan Mark_K Go Blisseys everyone has done really well, I had confidence from the beginning despite the apparently bad draft TI had lmao; we've had no weak spots and everyone is fun so ya take it home boiis

Last edited:
The Prophecy Has Been Fulfilled

Happy to finish the 12-0 two season stretch, despite this curiously specific, but apparently not CT. It was a gg Glyx I was pretty sure I was gunna lose from turn 1 when Terrain popped up. You've given me really good battles in this and our fun match that you won so nothing to be down about :~)

Shoutouts:
Fardin just doing you first to point out people shouldnt trash you for a not ideal AG record as you've definitely given Mark K, Drampa, Leru, and me loads of help that has ended up giving our team more wins than you could provide in just AG anyway. Thanks for helping everyone.
The Immortal for being the only manager apparently willing to spend even 9k on me? And again dominating the OMPL scene how do you do it
@OtherManagers for not being willing to spend more than 9k on me lol?
imas motherlove Jrdn for testing aaa throughout ompl and being the main homies, even though jrdn leaked my week 5 time and imas/mlove 100% gave my team to glyx i will hear no other opinions !
Klang im pretty sure ive had you in every shoutout section and im not stopping now
E4 Flint Fardin The Immortal draegn Leru The Ruins of Alpha 1 True Lycan Mark_K Go Blisseys everyone has done really well, I had confidence from the beginning despite the apparently bad draft TI had lmao; we've had no weak spots and everyone is fun so ya take it home boiis

GOAT

One match done, i see many made same predictions.

Fardin wins, no surprises in AG.

Morogrim is better, banning Stakeout actually helped him.

IT11 is 5-0, going with the MvP of the tour here

terrors has many type teams, idk about Lycan, this match decides the series

Racool is smart player, Leru plays only tours but no win.

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
On Extensions

Since half of the incomplete matches are requesting extensions, I will grant a three day extension. As of now, all matches must be complete by 11:59PM on August 23rd. Incomplete matches will be subject to activity calls or coinflips.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)