Media One Piece (spoilers!)

Is the fight even necessary? Luffy could have tossed him into the ocean, no?
But yeah, this is the first time we see Luffy against the The Dragon on the arc. Zoro normally fights those.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Is the fight even necessary? Luffy could have tossed him into the ocean, no?
But yeah, this is the first time we see Luffy against the The Dragon on the arc. Zoro normally fights those.
doubt that'd really work on a dude with precognition pretty much. Tbf, it'd be absurd if luffy was capable of going head to head against big mom without dying and him winning would be an absolute farce. Him against the dragon rn makes sense, that and there's no zoro in the first place to face the dragon.

doubt that'd really work on a dude with precognition pretty much. Tbf, it'd be absurd if luffy was capable of going head to head against big mom without dying and him winning would be an absolute farce. Him against the dragon rn makes sense, that and there's no zoro in the first place to face the dragon.
Luffy just grabbed the guy and tossed him into the mirror. He could have tossed him into the ocean instead. Having him face The Dragon now makes sense though but he seems to abandon an easy win before it

Haruno

Luffy just grabbed the guy and tossed him into the mirror. He could have tossed him into the ocean instead. Having him face The Dragon now makes sense though but he seems to abandon an easy win before it
I assume if he tried to throw him off, the dude would just use his mochi fruit similar to luffy and just grab the ship and pull himself back in, or if luffy tried to force him underwater, he'd have broken free. This is before regarding how luffy isn't exactly the smartest guy so uhh yeah.

Haruno

what is luffy doing with his mouth though ... ??? new power up coming
That was one of the most heart wrenching scenes in all of OP. Luffy made the straw hats believe he was winning/won hence why he appeared so confident that he would make it to them to meet puddin. However, he was definitely the one at a disadvantage but he didn’t want them to see or hear what was going on in the background so he put the mirror shard in his mouth so they wouldn’t be able to notice. When he was kicked hard enough that the mirror broke regardless he was happy that his crew would no longer see that he was losing. To his crew disregarding jimbei who’s suspicious, they think he’s already st cacao island.

Edit: also emphasis on him covering his mouth to ensure he wouldn’t scream in pain.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
That was one of the most heart wrenching scenes in all of OP. Luffy made the straw hats believe he was winning/won hence why he appeared so confident that he would make it to them to meet puddin. However, he was definitely the one at a disadvantage but he didn’t want them to see or hear what was going on in the background so he put the mirror shard in his mouth so they wouldn’t be able to notice. When he was kicked hard enough that the mirror broke regardless he was happy that his crew would no longer see that he was losing. To his crew disregarding jimbei who’s suspicious, they think he’s already st cacao island.

Edit: also emphasis on him covering his mouth to ensure he wouldn’t scream in pain.
LOL didn't get that at all i'm an idiot but that makes total sense and is so sad... yikes dunno what will happen then because katakuri is def kicking his ass

Anyway, if Luffy doesn't have something better than Gear 4, he's screwed since G4 drains a lot of stamina and haki which is a problem since he's in enemy territory. He also hasn't had enough time to recover his strength which is why he keeps on using the weaker Gears.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We haven't seen the base form of G4 Tankman (he only used "full version" against cracker) which could be interesting. they established katakuri > luffy in speed and power but maybe this will be a defensive fight? Other than that, I think Luffy will need help from someone else or he's fucked

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I actually like that Dogtooth is matching Luffy move for move here. The battle actually seems to have real tension to it, and lets recall while perhaps Luffy won't die, he's certainly been captured before and used as a bargaining chip.

Doesn't Oda tend to take breaks once a month for the manga? In the meantime, Toei doesn't seem to take the monthly break for the anime, essentially allowing it integrate padding into the main story. Once I finish the pre-timeskip for the anime, should I switch to the manga post-timeskip or just start over from the Romance Dawn arc?

Aladyyn I just finished the Enies Lobby arc.

Last edited:
Doesn't Oda tend to take breaks once a month for the manga? In the meantime, Toei doesn't seem to take the monthly break for the anime, essentially allowing it integrate padding into the main story. Once I finish the pre-timeskip for the anime, should I switch to the manga post-timeskip or just start over from the Romance Dawn arc?
Where are you in the anime right now? Simply switching over to the manga at pretty much any point is just fine.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
interesting chapter i guess? setting up sanji v oven (or Bege v Oven? Maybe Sanji vs Perospero?).

Luffy's powerup will be interesting, whatever it ends up being

honestly though.... full moon carrot hype.

Bege and Chiffon relationship goals: Happily married, kill all your in-laws.

As for Luffy, I remember he can see the future in the Mihawk fight. Perhaps he can now learn to control it against Sabretooth.

Carrot will have a part to play in this, definitely. In Japanese folklore, there are rabbits who make mochis on the moon. Foreshadowed in this chapter too.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Bege is very quickly becoming my favorite "Worst Generation" character. Oven stands in his way to make a villain speech and Bege just runs him over with his ship/tank.

"Why would I tell everything about my ship to people I was going to betray?"

Bege is Thug Lyfe. The Top OP Gangsta.

Last edited:

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm positive Carrot joins the crew now. Her "monster point" is exactly what would help Chopper with his rumble balls for when they finally meet up with Marco

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
what the f!!!! this arc is moving so slowly, especially with holiday breaks
Yeah but now Luffy can see into the future, Chopper is no longer a childish wimp, and Sanji has won the heart of a lady (not to mention that Brooke has been a BAMF this entire arc). Probably the best OP arc so far.

EDIT:

AND we're getting the fishman strawhat and probably the bunny too, what's not to love?

Sanji has won the heart of a lady (not to mention that Brooke has been a BAMF this entire arc). Probably the best OP arc so far.
Sanji's has won her heart on and off for the past 6 months, over and over in that 'hilarious' gag, the novelty has long since worn off.
Also marineford exists.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)