Sticky Orange Islands SQSA Thread

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
1st question: What are some good balls to catch / breed a pokemon in? I've seen spitbacks / fully trained mons in love balls, dream balls, luxury balls, moon balls, dream balls, beast balls etc. I can understand catching a non-ultra beast in a beast ball is kinda cool, but can someone mention and justify some balls being ''cooler'' or ''more rare'' to catch pokemon than the others?
2nd question: For synchronize to actually work, does the synchronizer need to be the active pokemon when the target is caught, or is having the synchronizer appear first and then switched out enough? I was pretty sure the 2nd scenario was the correct one, but i'm in a midst of an unlucky streak synchronizing the natures of the tapus in my US version, so i needed to double check it. Thanks in advance!
1: It's really just an aesthetic preference. Some balls like Luxury and Friend have the benefit of making happiness easier to raise for bred/caught Pokemon, but besides that, most people just breed special Poke Balls for the matching or contrasting color schemes between the Pokemon, and either the ball design or animation. If you don't care about that, then just use whatever ball suits you fancy.

2: For initial wild and stationary encounters, the Pokemon's data is set when you engage it in battle. So you can switch it out safely, or even faint the synchronizer prior to the encounter; even if it's fainted, Synchronize still works as long as it's in the 1st slot of the party.

Edit: Greninja'd

Xen Worldie thanks to both of you for the answers! that being said, aren't some balls ( like the dream ball ) harder to obtain in gen 7?
The Dream Ball isn't obtainable, and the Apricorn ones are limited to 1-2 of each per game. Sport/Safari are only obtainable in Gen IV (and III in Safari's case). The rest can be bought normally (but you have to buy 10+ Poke Balls to get a Premier Ball, except in XY).

It's worth noting that if you show a Gen 2 VC pokemon to the guy in GF office in USUM, you'll get another set of Apricorn balls.

What's a good hidden power-less Magneton moveset for climbing the Battle Tower in Emerald? This is what's on my plan right now.
Magneton
Item: magnet
Ability: sturdy
EVs: 252 SpA/252 Spe
Timid nature
- thunderbolt
- substitute
- toxic
- thunder wave? rest? protect?

Do Synchronisers work on gift Pokémon? For instance,

The Poipole from Ultra Megalopolis; the Type: Null from Wicke and the event Rockruff?

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Do Synchronisers work on gift Pokémon? For instance,

The Poipole from Ultra Megalopolis; the Type: Null from Wicke and the event Rockruff?
Yes, Synchronizers work in 100% of the cases when it comes to gift Pokémon.
This includes for example Type: Null, Poipole, the Surf Pikachu and the Totem Pokémon that you can get from Samson Oak in exchange for totem stickers.

They do however not work for the "event gift" Pokémon that you receive in Pokémon Centers.

Yes, Synchronizers work in 100% of the cases when it comes to gift Pokémon.
This includes for example Type: Null, Poipole, the Surf Pikachu and the Totem Pokémon that you can get from Samson Oak in exchange for totem stickers.

They do however not work for the "event gift" Pokémon that you receive in Pokémon Centers.
In that case, when is the nature for the event Pokémon determined? Am I able to soft-reset while standing in front of the dude who gives me it, or is it locked in from the moment I receive it on mystery gift?

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
In that case, when is the nature for the event Pokémon determined? Am I able to soft-reset while standing in front of the dude who gives me it, or is it locked in from the moment I receive it on mystery gift?
You can save the game in front of the delivery guy at the Pokémon centers and then proceed to accept the gift and soft-reset in case you're not satisfied with what you got.

Gift Pokemon can be Synchronized 100% of the time, such as the first OR/AS Lati@s or Type: Null. Mystery Gift Pokemon can't be Synchronized, and their nature will be random every time you receive it from the Delivery person. (if the event itself isn't locked to a specific nature like with the cap Pikachu)

I was quite sure it was already proved that the shiny chance is way higher, all the way to 4x normal chance if you go deep enough.

Hell even I found a shiny in there and I hadn't seen a OT shiny *ever* in 3 years

I was quite sure it was already proved that the shiny chance is way higher, all the way to 4x normal chance if you go deep enough.

Hell even I found a shiny in there and I hadn't seen a OT shiny *ever* in 3 years
It sounds like you're talking about the spots where there's a high chance of a guaranteed shiny (or guaranteed non-shiny) regular 'mon, rather than the spots that have legendaries. As far as I know there's no reason to think the chance is higher for the spots containing legendaries (or any other ones besides where shinies are either 100% or 0%).

Ooooh sorry I'm stupid, I didn't drink enough coffee.

The amount of SoftResets my Shiny Dealer has done so far definitely points at no increased shiny chance. I believe he's on average 1k resets per lege so far so...

I have simply... crazy question. Is the Ultra Space (that one in Sun/Moon, not Ultra Deep Sea in U-SM) listed as one hatching location, or not and hatching something when you're about to face Motherbeast Lusamine in original Sun / Moon will list Altar of Sun/Moon in its hatch location? Or...?

I kinda... really curious. Or maybe having it does make it say it hatched in "Ultra Space" but will change to "Ultra Deepsea" when traded to U-SM?

I have simply... crazy question. Is the Ultra Space (that one in Sun/Moon, not Ultra Deep Sea in U-SM) listed as one hatching location, or not and hatching something when you're about to face Motherbeast Lusamine in original Sun / Moon will list Altar of Sun/Moon in its hatch location? Or...?

I kinda... really curious. Or maybe having it does make it say it hatched in "Ultra Space" but will change to "Ultra Deepsea" when traded to U-SM?
If Bulbapedia is correct about this one, SM's "Ultra Space" and USUM's "Ultra Deep Sea" have the same index, so the "met at" location would change if a Pokemon hatched there.

It should also be the case for Ula'ula Beach, which had a different name in SM.

I'm planning on buying Ultra Moon soon and I wanted to know if there are any forced captures/forced gifts I need to be aware of during the main story? I want to be ready to soft reset if necessary.

The only literally forced gift is Type Null after the main story. Both Necrozma and Solgaleo/Lunala are not forced captures (you can not battle them and take them later), the Tapu Koko battle in end credits got removed, and you can refuse the Poipole gift during the story and pick it up later as well

I'm planning on buying Ultra Moon soon and I wanted to know if there are any forced captures/forced gifts I need to be aware of during the main story? I want to be ready to soft reset if necessary.
The only literally forced gift is Type Null after the main story. Both Necrozma and Solgaleo/Lunala are not forced captures (you can not battle them and take them later), the Tapu Koko battle in end credits got removed, and you can refuse the Poipole gift during the story and pick it up later as well
Even then, you don't have to approach Wicke right away, so you can switch in a Synchronize Pokemon to the lead position and save before approaching her. Type: Null is level 60 this time, though you'll have to wait a little before you're free to check its Hidden Power type. You needn't worry about catching the two Stakataka in Poni Grove, you just need to encounter them twice before the game will let you move on, and you can catch them later if you wish.

Be careful about Type:Null though, as Wicke will give it to you with no warning whatsoever, and without even asking you if you want to wait before getting it, unlike other gift Pokemon.

Thank you all for the responses! I'm not too concerned with spoilers; where in the story does Wicke give you the Null?
The Ultra Recon Squad meets with you outside your house, a bit like how Looker did in Sun and Moon, asking for your help with the new version exclusive Ultra Beast (Blacephalon in Ultra Sun, Stakataka in Ultra Moon) in Poni Grove. Wicke will be waiting for you and Hau right beside the passage between Ancient Poni Path and Poni Grove. She'll also give you all 17 memories for Silvally immediately after, though you can then do whatever you like, such as Charizard Glide to Paniola Ranch to check Null's Hidden Power type. (which may be helpful if there appears to be more than three flawless stats in its summary. Remember, Type: Null is guaranteed at least three flawless IV's)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)