Ability: Pressure
EVs: 208 Def / 116 SpA / 184 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost
- Thunderbolt

Cool defensive core I've been using a lot lately since the Arena Trap suspect. Bulkarona makes up for Z dug trapping MMaw etc., and also tanks other problematic mons for Stall, like Kartana, with ease, even after boosts. Zapdos defogs for Volc, which is obviously extremely necessary due to the crippling SR weakness, but since Stall aims to have an as low as possible uptime of enemy Hazards anyways, this goes Hand in Hand. EVs + HP Ice over Heat Wave are to outspeed Jolly Lando and OHKO defensive ones after Rocks, but I also often reduce the SpA to only OHKO offensive ones and increase bulk. Also it still beats the usual Things like Pinsir and MGyara without flinch hax. Def EVs can be put into HP instead to bolster the mixed walling capabilities, because Zapdos is also often used to stall out SR Clef's PPs, which otherwise can easily set up rocks on Msab. Speaking of Msab, it's almost mandatory for this core, since without Heat Wave, Zapdos doesn't threaten Ferrothorn too much, and MSab is also the only Thing that can Keep Prot Gren from spiking for free. Thunderbolt is Chosen over Discharge because as annoying as Para hax might be, when playing Stall I usually prefer a mon being burned or Toxiced instead of randomly parad by Discharge. When running this on Balance or Semistall, Discharge is a perfectly fine choice though, or even Volt Switch.

Edit: I'd really appreciate it, if mods would from now on AT LEAST notify me when they edit my Posts. If it's against the Forum rules, delete the post, if not, ask me to edit it myself, and I will. This though, is censure, which is illegal.

Last edited:

Defensive or Balanced Core:

Volcarona (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain
- Roost
- Will-o-Wisp

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 208 Def / 116 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost
- Thunderbolt

Cool defensive core I've been using a lot lately since the duggy witchhu.. *cough* Arena Trap suspect. Bulkarona makes up for Z dug trapping MMaw etc., and also tanks other problematic mons for Stall, like Kartana, with ease, even after boosts. Zapdos defogs for Volc, which is obviously extremely necessary due to the crippling SR weakness, but since Stall aims to have an as low as possible uptime of enemy Hazards anyways, this goes Hand in Hand. EVs + HP Ice over Heat Wave are to outspeed Jolly Lando and OHKO defensive ones after Rocks, but I also often reduce the SpA to only OHKO offensive ones and increase bulk. Also it still beats the usual Things like Pinsir and MGyara without flinch hax. Def EVs can be put into HP instead to bolster the mixed walling capabilities, because Zapdos is also often used to stall out SR Clef's PPs, which otherwise can easily set up rocks on Msab. Speaking of Msab, it's almost mandatory for this core, since without Heat Wave, Zapdos doesn't threaten Ferrothorn too much, and MSab is also the only Thing that can Keep Prot Gren from spiking for free. Thunderbolt is Chosen over Discharge because as annoying as Para hax might be, when playing Stall I usually prefer a mon being burned or Toxiced instead of randomly parad by Discharge. When running this on Balance or Semistall, Discharge is a perfectly fine choice though, or even Volt Switch.
Love Bulky Volc, that typing has some important resists. What's with the speed EV's out of curiosity, and why Giga Drain (to hit Keldeo/Suicune?) over say, Bug Buzz (hits Tyranitar/Lati twins)?

Love Bulky Volc, that typing has some important resists. What's with the speed EV's out of curiosity, and why Giga Drain (to hit Keldeo/Suicune?) over say, Bug Buzz (hits Tyranitar/Lati twins)?
See, good Point, I actually didn't Change that. The Speed EVs were because in the past, bulkarona ran QD too (it still can, I just prefer willo for stall), and with those EVs + Timid you outsped Gren at +1. Which was also at the same time the reason for Giga. Although I'm not sure if Bug Buzz is worth it over the potential additional recovery (even if it's on neutral/resists).

Will Change the EVs in a sec, editing the old post, and gonna give the 2nd attacking move some thought before making a decision, but everyone please feel free to share your opinions on the Giga vs Buzz vs X discussion. And thanks Turbo for pointing it out!

Edit: So the only really important Thing 64 Spe outspeeds is timid Magearna before a SG boost, but since this is a quite common threat, I'd honestly leave it this way. Especially since the most you could drop anyways would be 8 EVs to still outspeed Ada M-Hera

Last edited:

King Sceptile

Banned deucer.
Here's a more modernized version of the current Koko + Kyurem-Black core in the archive. These two were recently utilized by blunder to great effect in round 1 of olt playoffs.

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Dazzling Gleam

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost
These two form a potent offensive core, with LO KB doing insane things like 2HKOing Heatran, Jirachi, and Mega Scizor in terrain and having overall insane offensive coverage that can rip through bulky teams with ease. Tapu Koko can compliment LO KB really well by Volt Switching out on the grass types that LO KB eats into with ease while LO KB can take down the grounds that stop Tapu Koko from spamming Volt Switch. This core is arguably the best offensive core in the metagame right now and one that I highly recommend testing.

Defensive Core -
Latias-Mega + Gastrodon + Heatran

download.pngimages.jpgimages.png

Latias @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stored Power
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Gastrodon-East (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Curse
- Recover

So, Gastrodon in itself in actually a really underrated Mon right now. It checks a decent amount of Mons right now. Koko, Gren, Mage (unless Fairium.), 1v1s Celesteela with Curse, which is why I'm running Waterfall > Scald. As well as non Giga Drain Volc, non Bloom Doom Heatran. Its quite a nice Mon to check so many high ranking Mons in one slot. Heatran + Gastrodon have good type synergy, Tran deals with Lele, Serp, non Z-Fight Mage, and is generally a great mon right now, especially with Arena Trap gone. M-Latias completes the core, dealing with the likes of ZardY, prevents Lele from spamming Psyshock, and provides a 2nd wincon to the core. I wouldn't recommend Defog, as Band Tar completely destroys the core and its not a good idea to have your only Defogger able to be Pursuit Trapped. Speed is more Mega Pinsir, a bulkier spread of 252 HP / 224 Def / 36 Speed Timid could also be run, peaks 290 for Modest Lele, Ada Lando, and Timid Tran.
Threats - Band Tar as stated before, as well as Band Zyg (hence why I'm running Ice Beam on Latias), Rockium Lando also proves to be a decent threat to the core. Any feedback is greatly appreciated, so that this may be improved.^^

Offensive Core

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Freeze Shock
- Earth Power / Hidden Power [Fire]
- Ice Beam

Gengar @ Choice Specs
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt / Trick

or

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt / Trick
This core's pretty similar to the Koko + KyuB core that's been running around, except I replaced Koko with Gengar. Specs Gengar can trick incoming Chanseys, making them setup fodder for KyuB. KyuB also breaks through a lot of the things that bother Gengar, such as Mantine and Toxapex. Gengar also breaks through mew, which otherwise wisps and effectively walls KyuB. Scarf can be ran to outspeed things such as Koko to make opposing Koko KyuB cores easier to deal with. Earth Power on KyuB allows it to more easily break through magearna, whereas HP Fire lets it 2HKO opposing Scizors.These two work pretty well together to effectively take on a lot of the current meta. It has its weaknesses, but this core can function effectively to deal with many team archetypes.

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power Fire / Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

Victini @ Normalium Z
Ability: Victory Star
Timid Nature
- Stored Power
- Searing Shot / Heat Wave
- Focus Blast
- Celebrate

this core is based around supporting z-victini, a nice anti-meta pick that shreds quite a lot of teams. naturally, victini is weak to entry hazards so aid in that aspect is very appreciated. mega diancie is a great candidate that dissuades the willy-nilly use of spikes or stealth rocks lest they be bounced back, while also setting rocks itself and baiting in 'mons that victini absolutely snacks on such as ferrothorn, magearna, tangrowth, venusaur, celesteela, 'mons of that nature. heat wave is a actually a fairly decent alternative over searing shot as it's marginally weaker but brings double the pp + perks of victory star compared to searing shot sans a higher burn rate.

Magearna @ Electrium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 200 HP / 56 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Shift Gear

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Timid Nature
- Extrasensory
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power Fire
- Spikes

dd magearna is an absolute savage that easily wins so many games. this core was designed to support boltbeam magearna with spikes support + assistance with bypassing checks. greninja set these spikes while also utilizing it's movepool to KO 'mons that check both of these threats under normal circumstances such as mega vensaur and ferrothorn. by running electrium z with spikes support, magearna is able to blow past other 'mons that check the duo that greninja just doesn't have enough moveslots for. these 'mons include mew, clefable, opposing magearna, and heatran. moveslots are very flexible on both partners to suit your liking.

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
EVs: 32 Atk / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Naive Nature
- Wild Charge
- Hidden Power Ice
- U-turn
- Taunt

this core was posted a few days ago, but i feel this variant is more practical in a sense that z-koko makes breaking so much easier for kyurem-b by blasting through chansey, av magearna, clefable, etc. otherwise, the core speaks for itself. the two are potent offensive powerhouses that threaten a large variety of teams atm and work extremely well together, with koko baiting in meat such as tang, mega venu, and ferro for kyurem-b to ravage

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 240 HP / 152 SpD / 116 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute
- Protect
- Dragon Dance

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Def / 140 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald

a very familiar core showcasing a 'mon that greatly appreciates toxic spikes utilizing substitute and protect to wear the opposition down immensely while progressively becoming stronger. subdance zygarde is a fantastic set that annoys and demolishes quite a lot of teams once the ball gets rolling. toxapex is naturally an excellent partner since toxic spikes are necessary for zygarde's set to work, while also checking problematic threats for it such as, ash-greninja, mega diancie, and weavile.

Last edited:

PQD

I COULD BE BANNED!

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power Fire / Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

Victini @ Normalium Z
Ability: Victory Star
Timid Nature
- Stored Power
- Searing Shot / Heat Wave
- Focus Blast
- Celebrate

this core is based around supporting z-victini, a nice anti-meta pick that shreds quite a lot of teams. naturally, victini is weak to entry hazards so aid in that aspect is very appreciated. mega diancie is a great candidate that dissuades the willy-nilly use of spikes or stealth rocks lest they be bounced back, while also setting rocks itself and baiting in 'mons that victini absolutely snacks on such as ferrothorn, magearna, tangrowth, venusaur, celesteela, 'mons of that nature. heat wave is a decent option over searing shot as it's marginally weaker but brings double the pp of searing shot.

Magearna @ Electrium Z
EVs: 200 HP / 56 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Shift Gear

Greninja @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Extrasensory
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power Fire
- Spikes

dd magearna is an absolute savage that easily wins so many games. this core was designed to support boltbeam magearna with spikes support + assistance with bypassing checks. greninja set these spikes while also utilizing it's movepool to KO 'mons that check both of these threats under normal circumstances such as mega vensaur and ferrothorn. by running electrium z with spikes support, magearna is able to blow past other 'mons that check the duo that greninja just doesn't have enough moveslots for. these 'mons include mew, clefable, opposing magearna, and heatran. moveslots are very flexible on both partners to suit your liking.

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
EVs: 32 Atk / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Naive Nature
- Wild Charge
- Hidden Power Ice
- U-turn
- Taunt

this core was posted a few days ago, but i feel this variant is more practical in a sense that z-koko makes breaking so much easier for kyurem-b by blasting through chansey, av magearna, clefable, etc. otherwise, the core speaks for itself. the two are potent offensive powerhouses that threaten a large variety of teams atm and work extremely well together, with koko baiting in meat such as tang, mega venu, and ferro for kyurem-b to ravage

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 240 HP / 152 SpD / 116 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute
- Protect
- Dragon Dance

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Def / 140 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald

a very familiar core showcasing a 'mon that greatly appreciates toxic spikes utilizing substitute and protect to wear the opposition down immensely while progressively becoming stronger. subdance zygarde is a fantastic set that annoys and demolishes quite a lot of teams once the ball gets rolling. toxapex is naturally an excellent partner since toxic spikes are necessary for zygarde's set to work, while also checking problematic threats for it such as, ash-greninja, mega diancie, and weavile.

Nice cores, but you should never run Heat Wave on Victini because Searing is better at all points (power, accuracy, burn rate, etc..). PPs are not so important if we consider that stall sucks.

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
Nice cores, but you should never run Heat Wave on Victini because Searing is better at all points (power, accuracy, burn rate, etc..). PPs are not so important if we consider that stall sucks.
Searing Shot PP is more important than you think in real game scenarios tbh. I've been playing with Vic for the last couple of weeks and I've ran short on PP at least 2 times. That said, the higher burn chance and slight more BP makes Searing Shot the absolute better option, Heat Wave should never be used despite the extra PP being a blessing in some scenarios

Bulky Volcarona is a monster. Just take a look at how it picks apart Tapu Lele 1 on 1 with no critical hits involved. Amazing both in offense and in stall, though it obviously doesn't fancy taking critical hits with all these boosts. Or being hazed for that matter. Dies against specially defensive stall with Toxic too. Still, having it in your core is always a good choice. I personally find myself unable to be comfortable with any OU team that doesn't have a Volcarona on it.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-639656473

Last edited:
I've been deciding to bring a little something to the cores list, and its a pretty great core from my experiences on the ladder. So... here goes.

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 SpD
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Scald
- Toxic / Haze
- Defog

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 156 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain / Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power Fire / Earthquake

Magearna @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Iron Head
- Hidden Power Fire
- Volt Switch

Mantine is capable of walling some pretty decent threats in OU. (OverUsed.) Such as; Volcarona, Charizard-Mega Y, Greninja-Ash, and other water types with its very great base 140 SpD. Not to mention its ability to deter the likes of Bisharp and most Landorus-Therian from switching in and taking advantage of it for the most part. Albeit, noting its stealth rock weakness, and the prevalence of the small hand-full of electrics. It's a pretty decent defogger.

Now... we all know what Venusaur-Mega does at this very point. What makes him great in this core is his very great bulk and resistance to the Electric typing in its entirety, while noting that it walls the likes of Tapu Koko, Manectric-Mega, Magearna, and a few others. Thanks to thick fat, it can handle most of those fire and ice attacks. A reason why I chose the defensive variant of Venusaur-Mega was a pretty good reason, as it lets him take on Heatran with a non-stab earthquake if you choose for coverage. In my personal preference, I'd choose Earthquake, Hidden Power [Fire], and Sludge Bomb for the great amount of coverage.

"Additional info." Magearna patches up this vulnerability to mons such as the lati twins, and lele itself. Then something like a hippo could benefit for the ttar weakness this core possesses.

Here are the list of things that it is guaranteed to handle: Magearna, Volcarona, Charizard-Mega Y, Clefable, Pelipper, Gengar, Tapu Fini, Suicune, Serperior, Manectric-Mega, Azumarill, Camerupt-Mega (Without Rock Slide)., Volcanion, Gyarados-Mega, Hydreigon, Breloom, Buzzwole, Thundurus-Therian, Kyurem, Pidgeot-Mega, Keldeo, Magnezone, Primarina, Infernape, Ash Greninja, Tapu Koko, and Araquanid.

On the side-note. I haven't had much time to fool around with this core, but I have noticed things like Choice Banded Tyranitar, Tyranitar-Mega, Calm Mind Latios, Choice Specs Latios, and any setup sweepers can go to town on this Balanced core. ( Tweaks may be done here and there for the heads-up.)

Last edited:
Alright guys! I'm back at it again. This is another project that I've been working at for a while now, and I'm not sure if I could consider this a bulky offense core or what. Anyhow, I'm getting a tad bit off track, but here is my new core.

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Magma Armor
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock

Gyarados @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

This core here was aimed to bring Camerupt some more usage in the OU. (OverUsed)., Metagame, and to cut this pointless information out and get straight to the point of this core.

Here we have Camerupt-Mega and Gyarados, but the point of this core is designed to be a rather potent wallbreaker+sweeper duo. Gyarados + Moxie looks a bit intimidating as it truly is, but this monster just wrecks with the SSSS set. With a +1 Jolly nature you outspeed non-scarfed Tapu Koko, which stands out as jaw-dropping to me personally. However, the problem that Gyarados seems to face is dealing with steel and electric types, but there is no need to fear with Camerupt-Mega.

Camerupt truly caught me by surprise for a few reasons outside of its poor base 20 speed, as this mon serves as a situational switch-in to some of the most prominent threats at the time being. Volcarona and Charizard Mega-Y is easily ohko'd by Camerupt's rock slide, but the problem here is keeping him healthy enough to do such, alongside the fact that Volcarona, Charizard, and non z-move Heatran is able to be checked is an astounding feature for this Camel. Best benefit of this Camel is that electrics and steels are repelled far away, which gives Gyarados a lot of room to breathe and do his own thing.

None-the-less, Gyarados is an okay/excellent sweeper once its problems are out of the way. Astonishingly, not a whole lot can stop this monster after it hits that +1, because this titan hits like a dump-truck. The only thing that I can think of that truly handles this thing are things with unaware or scarf, and generally anything able to revenge kill it.

However, this generation, Sand Rush Excadrill is back at it again. So... something like a Skarmory, Celesteela, or anything to handle Sand Rush Excadrill and other major threats is very appreciated. One of the most common threats I see for this team right now is scarfed Garchomp, Tapu Lele, Tyranitar-Mega, and some others. (Can't place the names of them at this very moment, but I think another threat would be Greninja-Ash personally.) Though, any feedback on this core would be lovely, it's something that hasn't been messed around with. Which is something I plan on getting on finished one of these days. lol

Last edited:
I've been deciding to bring a little something to the cores list, and its a pretty great core from my experiences on the ladder. So... here goes.

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 SpD
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Scald
- Toxic / Haze
- Defog

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 156 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain / Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power Fire / Earthquake

Magearna @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Iron Head
- Hidden Power Fire
- Volt Switch

Mantine is capable of walling some pretty decent threats in OU. (OverUsed.) Such as; Volcarona, Charizard-Mega Y, Greninja-Ash, and other water types with its very great base 140 SpD. Not to mention its ability to deter the likes of Bisharp and most Landorus-Therian from switching in and taking advantage of it for the most part. Albeit, noting its stealth rock weakness, and the prevalence of the small hand-full of electrics. It's a pretty decent defogger.

Now... we all know what Venusaur-Mega does at this very point. What makes him great in this core is his very great bulk and resistance to the Electric typing in its entirety, while noting that it walls the likes of Tapu Koko, Manectric-Mega, Magearna, and a few others. Thanks to thick fat, it can handle most of those fire and ice attacks. A reason why I chose the defensive variant of Venusaur-Mega was a pretty good reason, as it lets him take on Heatran with a non-stab earthquake if you choose for coverage. In my personal preference, I'd choose Earthquake, Hidden Power [Fire], and Sludge Bomb for the great amount of coverage.

"Additional info." Magearna patches up this vulnerability to mons such as the lati twins, and lele itself. Then something like a hippo could benefit for the ttar weakness this core possesses.

Here are the list of things that it is guaranteed to handle: Magearna, Volcarona, Charizard-Mega Y, Clefable, Pelipper, Gengar, Tapu Fini, Suicune, Serperior, Manectric-Mega, Azumarill, Camerupt-Mega (Without Rock Slide)., Volcanion, Gyarados-Mega, Hydreigon, Breloom, Buzzwole, Thundurus-Therian, Kyurem, Pidgeot-Mega, Keldeo, Magnezone, Primarina, Infernape, Ash Greninja, Tapu Koko, and Araquanid.

On the side-note. I haven't had much time to fool around with this core, but I have noticed things like Choice Banded Tyranitar, Tyranitar-Mega, Calm Mind Latios, Choice Specs Latios, and any setup sweepers can go to town on this Balanced core. ( Tweaks may be done here and there for the heads-up.)
Could a Lando-T be good here? Might be better than hippo? Idk im pretty bad but its just a thought.

Something I'm surprised I haven't seen here is

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Punch
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Fang

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Pretty simple core similar to koko + medicham, basically Koko powers up maw's thunderpunch and provides speed to make up for how slow Maw is and voltswitch utility to bring in maw more safely while Maw can break alot of the things that wall Koko like chansey tangrowth and magearna.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
If these were already posted my b.

Offensive Core: Hazard Core Gren + Lando-T

Greninja @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes

Landorus-Therian @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Gravity
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock
Dual Hazard core with Greninja + Lando-T. Taunt prevents Defog while Lando-T with Explosion does the same. Gravity supplements the Spikes by hitting levitators and flyers who would be immune to Spikes. Replay below is a good example of how to execute it granted he let me get a bunch of spikes in there but regardless he didn't expect the Explosion Lando-T which helped maintained the Spike. Something to punish Rapid Spin along with Defog Kartana and Lati helps here.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-648560644

Edit: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-648670006

Offensive Core: Tapu Lele + Hawlucha

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt

Hawlucha @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Drain Punch / High Jump Kick
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
Honestly I think any decent Lele set can work but I have this on that same team in the replay. Same concept as the Koko version although EVs on Hawlucha are probably bad I just threw on the PS defaults. Psychic Terrain sets off Psychic Seed Unburden activated. Not sure what else to say really.

Last edited:

Personally, I don't like Electrium Z latios too much because it sucks up a z-move for basically one target - Celesteela - and it's pretty obvious that its coming a lot of the time. Also, it makes Latios' other moves kind of weak. The only time I think it's usable is three attacks and defog because the lack of life orb recoil is really nice when you aren't running roost. Life orb latios with thunderbolt hits really hard and avoids those issues, but it gets hard walled by Ferrothorn and Scizor. That's where Tapu Lele comes in with hidden power fire. You could also switch it up and run HP fire Latios and thunderbolt Tapu Lele for surprise, but Lele and life orb is pretty terrible and you aren't going to 2HKO celesteela without life orb, so in my opinion that's not too great of an idea. Latios also supports Lele by muscling past weakened Mew with draco meteor. Psychic terrain also has the benefit of making Latios immune to priority, which can be nice when you're fighting stuff like Medicham and Pinsir. This core doesn't necessarily need any specific sort of team to work, I think it will work on anything offensive enough to the point that Latios is being used to check stuff like Keldeo and Charizard-Y. If a team is more bulky than that, then it's probably not the best core to be using. Typical Landorus-Therian + steels etc teams will obivously work well, there's definitely dozens of excellent ways to support these two. The sets are pretty up in the air, basically Latios should have STABs and thunderbolt, and Lele should have STABs and HP fire. Either can run a Z move, and either can run scarf although you aren't really capitalizing on Latios being a strong teammate that can take out Celesteela as much if you run it with scarf. Heatran will be pretty annoying unless you make Lele fightinium Z, so it would be good to include a teammate that can take it on effectively.

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

Tapu Lele @ Twisted Spoon
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Taunt

EDIT: im dumb, but the core still works gdi

Last edited:

A lot of people try to pair somewhat mediocre psychic types with Lele for psychic terrain boosts, but I think they are ignoring the elephant in the room who is better than the rest: Latios. With Tapu Lele support, Latios can spam psychic or psyshock off of its excellent special attack boosted by a life orb, which can run through resists pretty effectively. Personally, I don't like Electrium Z latios too much because it sucks up a z-move for basically one target - Celesteela - and it's pretty obvious that its coming a lot of the time. Also, it makes Latios' other moves kind of weak. The only time I think it's usable is three attacks and defog because the lack of life orb recoil is really nice when you aren't running roost. Life orb latios with thunderbolt hits really hard and avoids those issues, but it gets hard walled by Ferrothorn and Scizor. That's where Tapu Lele comes in with hidden power fire. You could also switch it up and run HP fire Latios and thunderbolt Tapu Lele for surprise, but Lele and life orb is pretty terrible and you aren't going to 2HKO celesteela without life orb, so in my opinion that's not too great of an idea. Latios also supports Lele by muscling past weakened Mew with draco meteor. In addition to powering up Psychic moves for Latios, psychic terrain also has the benefit of making Latios immune to priority, which can be nice when you're fighting stuff like Medicham and Pinsir. This core doesn't necessarily need any specific sort of team to work, I think it will work on anything offensive enough to the point that Latios is being used to check stuff like Keldeo and Charizard-Y. If a team is more bulky than that, then it's probably not the best core to be using. Typical Landorus-Therian + steels etc teams will obivously work well, there's definitely dozens of excellent ways to support these two. The sets are pretty up in the air, basically Latios should have STABs and thunderbolt, and Lele should have STABs and HP fire. Either can run a Z move, and either can run scarf although you aren't really capitalizing on Latios being a strong teammate that can take out Celesteela as much if you run it with scarf. Heatran will be pretty annoying unless you make Lele fightinium Z, so it would be good to include a teammate that can take it on effectively.

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

Tapu Lele @ Twisted Spoon
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Taunt
Would Latios be affected by Psychic Terrain at all, given that it has Levitate? According to Bulbapedia, it's not.

Would Latios be affected by Psychic Terrain at all, given that it has Levitate? According to Bulbapedia, it's not.
I.. I guess you're right. I've just been assuming it was. The core still works because they break down steel types for each other and it gives immunity to priority, but I don't know how I missed that. good catch.

I.. I guess you're right. I've just been assuming it was. The core still works because they break down steel types for each other and it gives immunity to priority, but I don't know how I missed that. good catch.
its also not immune to priority due to levitate..

Muscle K

Banned deucer.
why don't hides ever work lmao
upload_2017-10-23_19-20-2.pngupload_2017-10-23_19-20-22.png
should be able to click the sprites for the Paste, if it doesn't work, please leave a message on my profile.

the core is pretty self-explanatory for any experienced player, but for those who do not know, here is a brief synopsis.

this core is based around greninja's ability to stack spikes against most team archetypes and bisharp's ability to punish hazard removal. greninja is able to set multiple layers of spikes, especially since it forces so many switches. this is only aided by both t-spikes and spikes, which causes a large amount of chip damage on the opposing team. however, the hazards can be easily removed with defog - which bisharp punishes due to defiant. not only that, bisharp is able to beat most of the tier's hazard removers. (which excludes: Mew, Counter Skarm and the rare defog + heat wave zapdos) while bisharp has a terrible speed tier, its a boosted sucker punch is more than enough to make up for its lack-luster speed.

Last edited:
why don't hides ever work lmao
View attachment 90033View attachment 90034
should be able to click the sprites for the Paste, if it doesn't work, please leave a message on my profile.

the core is pretty self-explanatory for any experienced player, but for those who do not know, here is a brief synopsis.

this core is based around greninja's ability to stack spikes against most team archetypes and bisharp's ability to punish hazard removal. greninja is able to set multiple layers of spikes, especially since it forces so many switches. this is only aided by both t-spikes and spikes, which causes a large amount of chip damage on the opposing team. however, the hazards can be easily removed with defog - which bisharp punishes due to defiant. not only that, bisharp is able to beat most of the tier's hazard removers. (which excludes: Mew, Counter Skarm and the rare defog + heat wave zapdos) while bisharp has a terrible speed tier, its a boosted sucker punch is more than enough to make up for its lack-luster speed.
On Ninj, what's the advantage of having Dark Pulse over Ice Beam?

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 216 HP / 168 SpA / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Nature Power

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Naive Nature
- Wild Charge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt
- U-turn

This core works well on Bulky Offence teams. Camerupt-Mega is an underused wallbreaker that can break through many defensive mons through its sheer power. However, it often hates Bulky Water types, this is where Tapu Koko helps and sets Electric Terrain for MCamel to run Nature Power -> Thunderbolt which easily beats some of its usual checks. Camerupt in return breaks the bulky grasses that Koko has trouble with and Koko can just pivot to MCamel to break stuff. Good mons to add for this core would be Lati@s, Mantine since they provide a Ground immune and resist/immune the Water types who can come in on MCamel to revenge, they also provide Defog which this core appreciates since MCamel needs to be healthy to threaten its targets since it is sooo slow.
The EVs on MCamel make sure it outspeeds Toxapex and can OHKO, the rest are dumped to HP to make it bulky.
Z-Wild Charge Koko because it breaks Chansey and other annoying mons while being able to pivot to MCamel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)