SM Ubers Parahell Team with Rimbombe (Peak #5 | 85 GXE)

Parahell team with Rimbombe

Introduction

Peaked at #5 in Ubers Ladder.
(Proof)
Screen Shot 2018-09-09 at 4.19.20 AM.png

The main goal of this team is to paralyze everyone, allowing Pdon or Arceus to sweep. This teams strategy is as follows. Ribombe lead to paralyze the opponent and set up webs. Once he dies, Pdon is put in with Eruption killing the lead or switch-in. Once his counter is placed, switch-in Zygarde or Necrozma in depending on the threat. Spread paralysis around heavily. Weaken enemies until speed control from paralysis allows Pdon and E-killer to sweep.

The Team

Ribombee @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sticky Web
- Stun Spore
- Defog
- Moonblast

Rimbombe is the default lead. His first move is to always paralyze the opponents lead. Stun Spore is useful for paralyzing Excadrill, Arceus-Ground, Zyagrde and Pdon who are immune to Twave. He is also good at handling nuzzle Smeargle and fake-out Sableye thanks to shield dust. Moonblast is necessary for destroying Deoxys variants damaging them to get rid of focus sash. Defog is to get rid of toxic spikes or webs that were setup. Sticky webs is easy to setup thanks to focus sash. Between webs and paralyzing a mon, paralysis should always be prioritized.
-While Sticky webs will most likely be defogged away, it forces the enemy into some sort of predictability, allowing the other team members to paralyze the opponent or get free kills.
-His main goal is paralysis, prevent enemy webs and toxic spikes, webs

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 80 Atk / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Eruption
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rock Tomb

Pdon can usually come in right after Rimbombe. Eruption can kill most everything. Earthquake is for Chansey, Pdon and PKyogre. HP Ice is for Zygarde and Salamence. Rock Tomb is useful for slowing down the incoming mons when webs aren’t set, allowing them to be swept by Eruption the next turn. It also kills Ho-oh who can be very pesky. Mixed Pdon can reliable sweep an unprepared team thanks to his unpredictability. Giratina and Yvette are the biggest stops to Pdon from sweeping. They must be taken care of before attempting to sweep. Giratina can take three full health eruptions but is sometimes worth the risk of toxic as most Gira do not have recovery.
-His main role is sweeper.

Arceus @ Normalium Z
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Refresh

Arceus is the second sweeper. SwordDance+ Breakneck Blitz is used to kill highly defense mons like Zygarde and Yvetal who think they can tank a hit. Shadow claw is used for Paralyzed Marshadow and Giratina. Z-Refresh is a good way to heal completely after taking hits while building up Sword Dance boosts. Arceus excels at sweeping in the late game as long as Marshadow is dealt with. Alternatively, he can also be used too soften up Pdon and PKyogre. Speed tier is just above max speed Yvetal to allow Breakblitz on the bird.
-His main role is sweeper.

Yveltal @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 56 Atk / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch
- Foul Play

Mixed Yvetal is used to catch various mons off guard. Oblivion is used for recovery and to deal with enemy yvetal. Dark Pulse and Foul Play are used to hit opposing mons where they are weakest. Yvetal’s main job is too soften up opponents like Pdon and PKyogre. Z-Foul Play is used to bring Chansey down to manageable level as Chasey will usually switch into Yvette fearlessly. Sucker punch is excellent at revenge killing Ultra Necrozma and Marshadow. This Yvetal set thrives on its unpredictability. Darkinium allows it snap up important kills which most would not expect it to be able too.
-His main role is softening up opponents.

Zygarde-Complete @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute
- Glare

Zygarde’s main job is to spread paralysis. Upon switch-in, he generates a Substitute allowing him to Glare safely the next turn. Parahax also allows him to setup up DD to potentially sweep the enemy. Zygarde is the biggest abuser of Parahax, usually getting a free Dragon dance. It’s important to keep Zygarde status free.
-His main role is tank, paralysis and secondary sweeper.

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Morning Sun

Necrozma can tank almost all SpAtk and Twave the opponent. Sunsteel strike is to kill Xerneas and not be taunt fodder. Stealth rock is important for wearing Yvetal, Marshadow and Ho-oh down. Necrozma is also a hard counter to toxic mons like Arceus-Water and Lugia. He’s mainly used as a sponge for attacks.
-His main job is to tank, setup up rocks and kill Xerneas.

Threat List

Giratina - is incredibly hard to kill only being weak to Yvetal. Giratina can spread toxic around severely weakening Pdon’s eruption. His status moves can be very punishing. He isn't punished that hard by defogging unlike the other Arceus forms.

Marshadow - can make a lot of problems for this team if his sash isn’t broken. Zyagrde can wall him if Marshadow doesn’t bring Ice Punch. Marshadow completely neutralizes Arcues sweeping capabilities unless his sash is broken and he’s paralyzed. He also heavily damages Pdon and Yvetal. Potent Lose Condition.

Tyranitar - completely nullifies Yvetal. He has enough versatility to be a pest to the other mons. Ice punch, earthquake and crunch can severely dent the team. Very hard to switch into. Usually forced to sacrifice a tank to paralyze.

Yvetal - can spam dark pulse to kill the team. Usually forced to sacrifice zygarde/necrozma to paralyze him before Pdon or E-killer can deal with him. If left unparalyzed, can sweep the entire team with ease.

Arceus-Water is incredibly tanky. Only E-killer can reliable kill him. Pdon and Yvtal simply do not have the power to wear him down alone. Necrozma can reliably switch into him but can’t do much in his face.

Arceus-Ground without para becomes a huge problem especially if it carries ice beam. Rimbombe and Zygarde should focus on paralyzing him.

Lugia is pesky and hard to kill without yvetal. Phazing becomes a problem without a defogger.

Aromatherapy and Heal Bell are pesky removing all the hard work in spreading paralysis.

Conclusion
This team allows for a high degree of control with regards to paralysis. It is also incredibly forgiving and opportunistic thanks to a lot parahax.

Room for Improvement
-I think Yvetal and Pdon could use more optimization but I'm not too good at tweaking stats.
-Is there a better mon that can replace Arceus? He is completely countered by Marshadow. But his ability to heal completely and Breakblitz is so good.
-Dual Z-Crystal seems weird but lets me handle a lot of threats.

Appreciate any feedback to make this team stronger.
This is my first RMT although I've been playing Ubers and reading the forums for a few years already.

Hey really cool team. Only adjustment I would make is running chople on arceus. This allows arceus to 1v1 marshadow. Espicially since u already using a z move.

Hey really cool team. Only adjustment I would make is running chople on arceus. This allows arceus to 1v1 marshadow. Espicially since u already using a z move.
Thanks for the quick feedback!

I actually did try that on Arceus.
While it helped me against Marsh, I lost the ability to heal on Ekiller and use Blitz which saved me tons of times. Arceus just feels stronger with Normalium. Without it, he lacks power to sweep.
I’m actually really conflicted on this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)